Love

House of card: Her

It was recess time. Usually Umji would tag along with the girls to the the school's cafeteria but she wasn't feeling all hungry since she had plenty breakfast this morning. She hops to the music room and hummed cheerfully when she found a familiar figure sitting at the piano. 

"Yoongi oppa!" She called with a clear voice. 

Yoongi immediately turn to the voice and ask her to sit with him on the chair. "Come. I'll teach you a few notes. You'll be needing that once you're in a senior year. Mrs Park who is our music teacher will be so glad if you were able to distinguish notes. Just like me." He said showing his gummy smile. Umji let out a cheeky laugh while saying "Nope, thank you, oppa. Thanks for the invitation though." 

Yoongi pout a bit before smiles again toward Umji. 

"Hmmm what made you come to me on this hour? You should be at the cafeteria gorging your food like usual don't you?" That tease earns a light smack from the girl.

"Oppa! Stop comparing me to a monster! What do you mean gorging? I'm just eating as the way usual human being would be don't I?" Umji said with a loud laugh. She keep clutching her stomach as she felt pain from laughing too much. Yoongi show his gummy smile once again as he glad he was able to make the girl laugh. 

"Tell me though. What've made you come here?" He asked again. 

Umji immediately stop her laugh and look at Yoongi with focus. 

"Well, let's be serious." She said while maintaining a serious face on her look. Yoongi nearly let out a laugh but he stops when he saw how determined Umji was.

"This is new. What happen? Are you okay? Is there something bothering you, Umji?" He asked with a concern. Umji was hesitating at first but she gather her courage and face the older, 

"Oppa, what would it be like to be in love?" 

Yoongi had a goosebumps with Umji's questioned. He had to admit that he's nobody when it comes to love. He writes about thousands of love song as his hobby but none of them are from his real story. He usually collect the ideas from other love stories or even dramas and movies. To be exact, he has zero experience when talking about love. He stares at the girl for a moment until he realises that the girl was anticipating his answer. So, instead of answering her, he voice out a question for her, 

"Why are you interested in this thing out all of a sudden?" He said in amusement. That question certainly earn another light smack from the girl. 

"Tch, I thought I'm the one who ask first." She pout. Yoongi grins as he realise Umji certainly has the cutest pout that he has ever seen. 

"What do I get if I answer it though? I'm not sure why should I answer it if I got nothing in return." He said indifferently. 

"Hmm, okay then. I'll buy you a big chocolate as a sense of gratitude. How's that?" Umji look at Yoongi with her bright eyes hoping that the guy will say yes to her. Yoongi though, still with his unimpressed mood, look away with a hmmph. 

"I can't believe you still don't know me Kim Yewon. I've never like something sweet." He said while crossing his arm. 
"But, it is unfair when you're this sweet oppa!" She immediately replied back to him. Surprised by her sudden words, Yoongi turn to her with amusement. 

"So you think I'm sweet?" He said, once again showing his gummy smile. 
"Sweeter than sugar. Now, can you please answer my questioned please Yoongi oppa? Pretty please?" She gently tucks Yoongi's arm, causing the latter to startled a bit. He then blinks couple of time before nodding frantically to her. 

"Yeay! Oppa is the best!" She smiled at him. Yoongi on the other hand smiles widely at the latter reaction.

'Anything for you, princess.'  He thought to himself. 

***

Yoongi was in his dreamland when a hand come and smacks the back of his head. 

"What the-" He mutters under his breath.
"No, don't you dare curse at me Min Yoongi." Jin said while pulling out his chair to sit. 
"It's your fault for sleeping while we still had a few classes to go." Jin continued as he looks at the latter who is rubbing his eyes. 
Yoongi lazily adjust his sit while looking at Jin. 
"Chill out hyung. The teacher is still not here, right? I can do whatever I want." Yoongi said nonchalantly. 
"I saw you've been spacing out since recess time though, what's up?" Yoongi sigh with Jin's questioned. It is true something has been bothering him lately. He can't keep his mind from it. No matter how much he wants to forget it. He let out a few loud sighs before Jin start to get impatient with him. 
"Can you please stop sighing and start telling me what's the matter with you now? It seriously start to annoy me." Yoongi let out a few chuckle before trying to change his expression to a serious one. But he failed to do so as he saw how furious Jin is at him now.

"Okay hyung. I'll tell you. Geez. What an impatient grandpa." He said while still giggling. Jin furrows his eyebrows and cross his arm in anger. He can feel as if Yoongi was 
mocking him. 
"Just tell me can you?" 
"Hmmmm. Well.... To be truth.... I...."
"Oh come on Yoongi! Why are you keep beating around the bush??" Jin almost scream at Yoongi as he start to annoy him. Yoongi startled a bit but he remain calms while showing his gum smile. 

"Nothing serious, hyung. I was just thinking about something." 
"And that something is?" 
"Hmmm..... There's this someone. And.... She kinda ask me something that I found a bit intrigued so I can't help to think about it." 
Jin almost jump from his chair when he heard Yoongi's statement. 
"What???? She? Who is this girl? Wow! I can't believe you have a girlfriend already Yoongi. Congrats!" 

Yoongi push away Jin hand as the latter tries to high five him. 

"Stop imagining things hyung! She's just someone that I know." Yoongi said, ruffling his hair, try to hide his edginess. 
"You barely know girl, Min Yoongi. Well except Umji though. Wait. Is it Umji then?" Jin ask with his big shiny eyes. 

***

Jungkook was standing at the school gate, waiting for Umji and his hyung as usual. Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon was walking towards him when Jin come running to hug him. 

"Jk-ah!" He said merrily. 

Jungkook try to push him away as the older's hug nearly suffocate him. 

"Get off me, hyung!" He said in disgust. The other were just laughing at Jin as he sheepishly smile. 

"It's not my fault if you're too cute, jk-ah." Jin said while still smiling. 

Yoongi on his side kept looking around as if he's searching for something. It wasn't long until Namjoon starts to voice out. 

"Where's my sister?" His question raised worries among others as well. 

"Yup where's Umji, Jungkook? Why is she still not here?" Jimin ask in an anxious tone. They can't help but not to worry with what had happen previously at their old school. Something that even the boys can't stop from happening. 

"Don't worry hyung. I saw Umji at the school cafeteria with Eunha. They wanted to buy some snacks to eat on the bus so I let them be. Besides, it's kinda weird for me to keep mingling around the girls, right?" Taehyung laugh as Jungkook grins toward them. 

"You're so cute, Jungkook-ah! Thanks for taking care of Umji on behalf of all of us." He said while the others gladly nods. 

A few moment later, Umji come with a big pack of snacks. 

"Here you go oppa-deul. This is for you guys who patiently waits for us." She said with a sweet smile. She hands it off to Jungkook but Jin manage to snatch it first. 

"Who's the older? Huh? Mind your respect, guys," He utters as he munch some snack. 

"Gosh, hyung! What a pig you are." Jungkook said while laughing. The rest of them laugh as well. Including Eunha who was standing at side of Jungkook. Her eyes coincidently met Jungkook's but he quickly look away when he was caught up staring at her. Jungkook then try to peek on Eunha's reaction and to his surprised, Eunha still didn't dodge her gaze toward him. In fact, she gracefully smiles to the latter showing her beautiful features. Jungkook was in awe for a few seconds until Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok bid them goodbyes, cycling away from them. 

***

Jin keep ruffling his hair while waiting for his girlfriend at the coffee shop nearby their neighbourhood. He orders a cup of sweet caramel macchiato with a cup of Americano. He placed the cup of caramel macchiato in front of him while take a sip of the bitter Americano. 

"Yuck. I need more syrup for this. I wonder why does adult love this so much?" He talk to himself. 
"Well, maybe because you're still not one so that's why you won't understand it?" A voice come from afar. Jin directly shift his gaze towards the voice and he saw a beautiful figure wearing blue dress was standing at the corner of coffee shop. He smile broadly to the girl and rush to her with a hug. 

"I mishh you baby." He said while hugging her tightly. 

The girl let out a few chuckles and give the guy a peck on his cheek. 

"I miss you too. Now let's dig in our coffee, honey." She pull his hand towards their table. 

The girl was still smiling when she saw the amount of syrup her boyfriend put in his coffee. 

"I bet it's too bitter for you, huh? You should've order your favourite hot choco, babe." She said and had a sip of hers. 
"No, it's okay. I have to get used to this, Sowon-ah. How can I still drink hot choco when my beautiful girlfriend already been in college?" He said with a cute pout. 

Sowon pinch his cute cheeks while laughing frantically. 

"Oh gosh oppa. I miss you so much. It's such a shame that we can't go to college together. But, I'm sure that you'll able to attend one next year." She sweetly smile to him. 

"Hmmm. Of course I will! But, babe. Can you please help me on something?" Jin said with a serious tone. Sowon adjust her sit so that she can hear him fully. 

"Tell me more." She said. Jin let out a small sigh before he finally got to said his concern. 

"Hmmm.... I'm not sure who is falling for who but I think Yoongi has a crush on Umji." He said with another sigh. 

***

Umji was doing her homework as usual when she heard some noises downstair. She knows who was it to be truth. She shook her head in disbelief as the noise turns into some screams instead. 

"Guys, I know mom and dad is out of town, but please tone it down." She said half screaming as the guys won't hear her. They all look up, looking at Umji who was in her bun. 

"Gosh, Umji is too cute with that bun! I wish she's my sister." Jimin said as he show his cheeky smile. Namjoon who saw the whole situation push Jimin away as a warning not to mess up with his sister. 

"Don't you dare, Park Jimin. No one can flirt with my sister, understand that?" He scornfully look towards Jimin. Jimin quickly hold his hand up high as a sign he's giving up. 

"I'm just praising her dude. Nothing serious here, right Umji?" 

Umji smiles at both of them and walk away towards her room. She was just going to continue her study until she hear some knocks on her door. 

"It's me." Said a voice. 

She immediately opens the door with a bright smile. 

"What's the matter oppa?" 
"Err.. Nothing. I really just checking up on you." Jungkook said grinning at the latter. Umji replied back with a smile and invite him inside. 

"So what are you doing, Umji?" Jungkook know his question was quite absurd since he already saw bunch of books on her table. But he rather ask something to make the situation less awkward. 

"I'm doing some homework and reading on some stuff on internet oppa." Umji said trying to look away as she finds Jungkook was looking at her. 

"Hmmm... That's great Umji. I wish I can be like you for just one day. Then my mom will be super proud of me!" He said delightfully. Umji let  out a few small chuckle as she shift her gaze towards the latter.

"But I wish you are not too hard on yourself though, Umji. You've done great. Sometimes you should enjoy your youth more." 
"Oh, oppa please. It's not like you're too old already. Stop talking like Yoongi oppa." She laugh as she remember how Yoongi always nag at her for being such a nerdy kid. Jungkook look at her in amusement. Deep down he can feel a tinge of jealousy whenever Umji talk about Yoongi. Well, since he's been with the girl since secondary school so he thought it was normal if it was him who was supposed to be second guy Umji can count on after Namjoon. But, somehow Umji prefer Yoongi more than him. And to be truth, he can't help but not to envy the latter as he felt like nobody to Umji. Jungkook tried to smile as Umji's eyes met him. 'Hmmm... Well, at least Umji is happy' he thought to himself.