Vacation

House of card: Her

 

It was like any other Mondays, Jungkook would be the first to settle everything needed before he and Eunha start their routine for the day. The only difference was today, he didn't have to worry rushing for work. 

 

He put the boiling kimchi jiggae in slow heat. While stirring the soup, he slightly peek on Eunha who was seem to be having the hardest decision; to or not to get out of the warm bed.

 

"Morning Ju on." He crackled as she eventually choosed to crawl towards the living room.

 

With one eye half open Eunha squinted at him before bumming herself towards the sofa. She purposely buried her face with the blanket that she brought with her to the room, ignoring Jungkook who was walking towards her. He could only smile watching her adorable acts. Seeing his wife fought herself to wake up was certainly the best morning view Jungkook could ever asked. He gently pat her on the head before she brushed it off, huffing. 

 

"Stop messing with my already bad morning hair." 

"Wake up sleepy head. We got more to discover today." 

"Urgh. Stop talking like an astronaut. I'm sleepy." She groaned as she sat up, looking around the room. 

"I know. But only early bird get the early worm." He said with a grin on his face. 

 

"Now come on." And with that he walked back to the kitchen.

 

Eunha lazily yawned before her eyes caught onto the luggage that Jungkook already neatly put near their apartment door. 

 

"When did you pack our stuff?" 

"Last night. I am not sure what clothes to bring but I'm pretty sure I made the right choices."

"You slept late then wake up so early to prepare us food? Wow." She said, mockingly amazed. 

 

"It's called adulthood." 

"Pfttt. Boring." Eunha rolled her eyes jokingly as she walk to the bag. To her surprise as she carefully rummage through the bag, all the clothes that Jungkook had chose certainly fit her fashion taste. 

 

"Please do not make a mess young lady." With hands on his waist Jungkook warned her from afar. She made a disbelief annoyed look as she retorted,

 

"You do know you sound like a mom now, right? I am not a baby." 

"Not really. Because you are my baby." 

 

Eunha swore she could have choked him right at the moment as he intentionally portrayed his devilish grin. Yet in the same time, she could never denied the fuzzy feeling that she had inside when he uttered it. 

 

"Gross." She deadpanned, trying to calmly hide all the feelings deep inside. 

 

***

 

"Hey oppa. I'll be there soon. I just need to settle some stuff with Jin oppa. I promised once I'm done, I'll be there together with Jin oppa and Sowon unni." 

 

"Hey." 

 

Yoongi immediately turned to the greeting. He put the phone away as he smiled back to the person. 

 

"Nice to see everyone here, huh?" Jimin said as he took a sit beside him on the wood bench. 

 

Yoongi nodded a little as he looked around the vacation house. The girls were chit chatting while arranging their stuffs and the boys were busy updating things in their life. The atmosphere were just ecstatic. Everyone was extremely delighted considering this is the long awaiting vacation since god knows when they would really rest and enjoy their leisure time. 

 

"We were caught up in the journey of  adulthood that we forgot we each do have an inner child in us." 

 

Jimin blinks repeatedly trying to process the poetic phrase before he understood the reference. 

 

"And I guess thanks to Eunha, we were able to grab it back?" 

"I guess so." He nonchalantly shrugged. 

 

Jimin could see how indifferent Yoongi's tone was thus he immediately clamped his mouth shut. What Jimin didn't know was it wasn't because Yoongi refused to admit to the fact that it was indeed Eunha who brought them together. It was always her. Even from the start. He was just acting out due to things that he wished Umji never had to encounter. He was never fond of the idea of Eunha as the protagonist. He hated the fact that it was always Eunha who got all the spotlight. 

 

No. 

 

To be honest, Yoongi never hated Eunha. Hate was a strong word. And so does dislike. He just thought it was unfair for Umji. Regarding of all things that happen to her. Everything that not supposed to be the way it was if Eunha didn't came into the picture. She didn't have to experience all the heartbreak. She would be the most bright Umji she had always been. 

 

But then the real question would be, would it be fair for him instead, if Eunha never happened, and Umji eventually ended up with the one that she wished for? 

 

Honestly, he didn't think he would have the answer too. 

 

"Speaking of her, what took them this long?" Jimin carefully tried to steal his attention again as the latter were zoning out. 

 

"Huh?" 

"Jungkook and Eunha?"

 

Yoongi realised Jimin was jumping into another topic and proceed to abandon his deep thought. 

 

"Ah... Jungkook told me he would be here soon. He just need to settle some stuff at the office." 

"I hope everything goes well for him then." 

 

Jimin shrugged. Knowing Jungkook's despair of hoping that his boss would understand his situation make him sigh. There was certainly almost zero percent to it, and there was nothing he could do or help about it. 

 

***

 

Jungkook knows how hard it would be to directly ask consent from his manager but nothing is dearer for him other than Eunha's cheerful self. So for that, he blatantly went to nearest clinic and told the doctor that he had diarrhea for few days. In which he gained sick leave for that. Enough for two days, to spend it blissfully with Eunha. Although he was aware that it was wrong, there was nothing else he could do anyway, to make sure he was fully available for the vacation. 

 

He did not told Eunha about it. He knew if he ever mentioned it to Eunha, the girl will kept on trying to convince him to change his job instead. If only it was as easy as that. 

 

So, that morning, after they had done with packing up everything, Jungkook told Eunha he had to make a stop somewhere in town before they could drove away to the place.

 

"I won't be long." He said.

 

He parked the car quite afar from the clinic, to avoid Eunha's view. Eunha was doubting him at first. What could be the thing that is so important that it has to be done on the day of their vacation? But she let the curiosity down anyway, for she knew she would never got the perfect answer. 

 

When Jungkook merrily return to the car after gaining a sick leave from the doctor, he saw Eunha was in her deep sleep; probably could have been due to her sleepless night for her excitement of the trip. He chuckled a bit before drove away from the town with a bright smile. 

 

***

 

Umji did not say much in the car. As much as she felt very enthusiastic to gather with others, she cannot help to think of any possibility that there would be awkwardness between her, Jungkook and Eunha. 

 

"So, Umji. Aren't you happy I'm finally here?" Sowon peek at the back of the car where Umji was lost in her deep thought. 

 

"Huh? Ah yes. Of course Unni." She showed her sweet smile to the latter. 

 

"But you didn't seem please. Something bothering you, sweetie?" Sowon asked, frowning at her.

 

"No, Unni. There's no such thing." She shook her head, trying to hide her emotional stress. 

"I'm actually very excited for the trip." She forced another smile. 

 

"Are you sure?" Sowon was not satisfied with Umji's answer. They knew each other for decades already, and it was obvious that the latter hide something from them all. 

 

"You doesn't sound thrill at all." Jin who was driving added. 

 

"I'm okay though. I'm... fine." And even though they both know Umji didn't sound convincing at all, that simple yet inclusive statement put an end to their conversation. 

 

***

 

"Eunha. Hey." 

 

Eunha opened her eyes to find Jungkook was crouching next to her, shaking her lightly. 

 

"We've arrived." He grinned brightly.

 

He then make a move for her to stepped out from the car. And that instant, Eunha almost cannot believe her eyes as she finally get the better view of the place. As if it had bewitched her in any sort of untwisted way, Eunha cannot help to be mesmerise of the place. 

 

It was not just beautiful, it was spectacular. Eunha almost could not believed her eyes when she first saw the place. The vacation mansion was elegant, the beach and the scenery was heavenly gorgeous, the water was crystal clear and it was as if it just belong to them; no one was there except them. The tranquility, the calmness, everything was just perfect. It was as if, they were not in Earth at all. Everything was just aesthetic. 

 

"Close your mouth." Jungkook's tease brought her back to her sense. 

"I wasn't daydreaming." She pouted. 

"Yes, you are just enjoying the place. I know. It's stunning isn't it?" 

"Are you kidding me? This is magnificent! How could you ever found this place?" 

 

Jungkook eyes drifting away. Eunha knew that looks well. A sign that he remembered something in the past. 

 

"This is supposed to be our place for honeymoon. But I had always been caught up with everything until we kept on postponing it."

 

"Until now?" Eunha could see the apologetic look in Jungkook eyes that almost cause her to hug; to console the latter. 

 

"It's okay. Even though 24 years old Eunha can't enjoy this yet, I would make a good memory here so that when she returned, she would remember this place with a smile." She continued. 

 

Jungkook chuckled a bit, before shaking his head for her cuteness.

 

"It sound silly but that is so you." He more.

 

Eunha playfully rolled her eyes and turned away from her husband. And that was when she saw three figures were approaching them happily. 

 

"Umji-ah, Sowon Unni!" She exclaimed loudly as she returned their warm embrace. 

 

"I miss you guys so much!" She almost sob as they squeezed her tighter.

 

Jungkook from behind cannot help but chuckle to see the lovely side of his wife. His eyes then met Umji's and he tried his best to feign the brightest smile even though eventually failing to do so. And he could see that the latter did tried the same as she managed to lash a faint smile. 

 

"Great to see you, nuna." He then quickly diverted his gaze toward Sowon to make the situation less awkward for them. 

 

"Oh, Jungkook ah. I'm glad I can finally have a meet up with you guys again. Thanks for making this happen." 

"Ah... it's nothing nuna. It was all Eunha's idea." 

"As much as I would love to chit chat and have a lovey dovey conversation more, I think it's better we headed inside first or Yoongi would nag at me for being too slow." Jin who just finished carry out the luggages from the car intercept. 

 

"Plus, girls? Did you guys carry stone in your suitcase or what?" He complained as he dragged the bags. 

 

"Kim Seokjin! That cost me thousands and not to mention I need to queue for hours just to get that collection!" Sowon shrieked which cause Jin to gape loudly.

 

"Omo! it's not my fault. This is extremely heavy!" He gushed before trying to rush inside. 

 

"You should be careful, hyung." Jungkook chuckled before lending him a hand. 

 

"Let me and Jin hyung carry all of these, you girls just go in first." 

"I'll help too." Yoongi who heard the loud noise from them peek out and decided to help the boys. 

 

"Okay then. Thanks bff!" Sowon quickly pull the girls with her toward the house. 

 

The day went smoothly and before they realised it was already time to prepare for their barbecue dinner. 

 

"I love meats!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly as he helped to marinate the beef brisket with his wife. 

 

Yerin was giving a judging look at first but the way Taehyung's eyes gleaming over the sight of the seafood that Jin brought made it harder for her to hide her smile. 

 

"He never ceased to entertain you in various way doesn't it?" Eunha playfully nudged her sister. Yerin grinned, shrugging her shoulder as she continue to sprinkle some garlic powder on the meat. 

 

"Aren't we all the same when it comes to our significant others? I know you too." Her smile grew wider. 

 

Eunha's gaze immediately shifted towards Jungkook who was trying light up the charcoal. She chuckled a bit as he tried to show off his 'YouTube knowledge' by repeatedly rubbing the wood sticks to ignite the tinder bundle. She was unsure of how or what the mechanism was but the sight made her felt warm and all tingly inside. 

 

"Yes. I guess so." She smiled sheepishly as their eyes met.