Starting over

House of card: Her

Yerin rush towards Eunha as she saw her stomping from afar. 

"Eunha-yah! Where have you been?" She pulls her into a hug.

The girls also rush towards Eunha. Sinb quickly dialled one of the boy's number to inform that Eunha has safely arrived. 

"We were so worried, Eunha! It's already 7 pm! Where have you gone?" Yuju asked. 

Eunha chose not to answer and just walk towards her room. She then turns at the girls and curved a smile. 

"I'm sorry, guys. But I'm super tired and I can't think straight for now. So, please just let me be for a moment." She said. 

From afar, Jungkook was quietly watching them. He wanted to make sure Eunha get to home unharmed so he trailed the girl to her home. He then let out a sigh and walk away.

***

Yerin prepared a hot porridge for her sister. She served it on the table and called her sister over. 

"Omma said that she'll be late and appa has a meeting with his client so they'll probably won't be home before 10." 

Eunha just gave a single nod and taste her porridge. 

"It's good unnie." She smiles. 
"Hmm... Are you sure you're fine? You look dejected." Yerin voice out her concern.

Eunha nods again before finishing her soup.

"I was so hungry." She said.
"But, I didn't eat anything because I thought that we're going to grab something to eat together." Yerin widened her eyes with the word 'we'

"Even a kimbap would be fine. Anything would be just great as long as we're with each other." She continued. Yerin was still waiting for Eunha to finished her story.

"But, things get out of hand. If only I didn't head out to the festival alone." She said, her voice starts to crack. 

"What are you talking about, Eunha? You're with someone just now?" Eunha nods.

"I'm sorry unnie. I wanted to call you but my phone had died. And, I wasn't able to ask anyone around for a help." 

"What?" Yerin was still curious of what happened.

"Well, the truth is... I went out with Jungkook." Yerin gasped. She widened her eyes in disbelief. 

"Why didn't you tell me then? Oh gosh I was so worried something bad could've happen to you! So you were on a date? Eunha-yah... You could've called, right?" 
"I was going to but my battery is died, unnie. And it wasn't a date at all. It was a disaster." She let out another sigh.
"Now, what do you mean by that?" 
"But, I'm glad it happens this way. Now that I know this, I can perfectly get my way out of this stupid one sided love. I should move on as fast as possible." She tried her best to hold tears that start forming at her eyes.

"Eunha-yah..." Yerin pulls her into a hug. 

"He would never like me, unnie. How could he even like a klutz like me?" She bumped her head onto Yerin's shoulder. She starts to cry as the latter tighten the hug. 

***

Jungkook was spacing out in his room. He can't stop thinking about things that happened earlier. The incidence countlessly flash on his mind. 'What did she meant by gave up?' He thoughts. 'If she thought that I'm a cold jerk, then why did she say she feel warm with me?' 

"Urghhhhh!" He groans. 
"Why do you always messed up with my head, Jung Eunha." He let out a sigh. For how many times, he couldn't count. He throw his body to bed and watch the white ceiling. 'Why can't you just tell me what is this all about so we can talk it over, Eunha. Now, tell me. How am I going to sleep if all I could think about is you?' 

***

The very next day, Umji waits at the bus stop with a great smile. She and Namjoon was supposed to be at their aunt's house yesterday but they decided to just went straight home instead. Namjoon had his guitar lesson today and he can't afford another day to skips. 

"Unnie!" She called as she saw Eunha was walking towards her. Her eyes was red as ever and her eye bags were so low, Umji starts to wonder what could have happened to the older.

"Hey, what's up Eunha?" Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin greets her. Taehyung frowns as he saw Eunha's face. She'll usually be the most cheerful kid on earth but as for today she seems like doesn't want to be bother. 

"You look like a panda!" His statement cause a punch to flew over his stomach. 

"Auch!" He screams out of pain. 
"That's what you received for being such an jerk." Yerin smirks. 

"I'm just kidding." Taehyung pouts as he caress his stomach. 
"Damn it, Yerin! What if this caused a bruise later?" He glared at the latter. 

"Why do I have to care about it when you don't even care for my sister's wellbeing?" She hissed. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and look at Eunha who was looking afar.

"So, where have you been yesterday, Eunha? Your sister was so worried about you, she can't stop pestering us."
"I'm sorry I caused trouble to everyone." She bows down. Umji raised her eyebrows, curious about what's going on. Eunha looks at her and whispered, 

"We'll talk about this later." Umji nods after Eunha gave a reassurance smile.

"Why are you guys here anyway?" Yerin ask in annoyance. Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok would go to school by bicycle so it was quite strange to see them waiting for the bus together. 

"Oh. My bicycle was send for repair." Jimin smiled. Yerin thought that he's the only one who was quite normal compare to Hoseok and Taehyung. 

"Why?" Umji asked. 
"Well, something got stuck on the chain and I couldn't get it off so my dad advice me to send it to the workshop." Jimin explained. 
"And that's why I ask Taehyung and Hoseok to join me to take a bus as well." He continued.
"Ah... No wonder." Eunha said with a smile. Her smiles then fade off when she saw a recognisable figure was walking towards them. 

"Gosh! What's up dude? You hair look so messy!" Hoseok tried to fist bum him but Jungkook just dodge it away. 

"I'm not in the mood, hyung." He scoffed. He puts the brand new headphone that Umji gave him and ignores the older. 

"Geez. What a temper." Hoseok rolled his eyes. Eunha who was at the other side of the bus stand watch quietly as Hoseok start to complaint about Jungkook's rude behaviour. 'What's wrong with him? I'm the one who supposed to be upset. Lol' 

***

Jungkook can't keep his focus for today's lesson. He can't keep his eyes off Eunha who clearly is doing far better than he is. 'How come she looks just fine?' He thought to himself. 

He keep on looking at the girl until Eunha turns around as she felt a constant stare from behind. He quickly look away as he realise he was caught off staring at her. She just shrugged it away and continue her focus on the class. 

***

"Today was such a hectic day." Eunha sighs as she packs her bag. They were heading to the art room for the art class. It was the last period of the day and Eunha can't wait to go home and bummed herself onto her pillows. 'Ah. I miss my bed.' She sighs.

As they arrived, Eunha and Umji quickly chose the sit near the window. Umji then looks at Eunha who was looking afar. She can't help but not to worry when her own best friend keep spacing out for the whole day. 

"Don't worry unnie. This is the last period of the day. We'll go home after this one." Umji tried to console her. Eunha then straightened up her seat when she saw their art teacher walks in. 

"Okay class. Sorry that I'm late. I got some stuff to handle just now. Please make yourself into a group of two." 

Eunha quickly holds Umji hand as a sign that they'll be in the same group. Mrs Park who was their art teacher then smack her forehead. 

"Gosh, I'm so sorry guys. I was supposed to separate you into a group of boy and girl. Here I have a made a list for you to follow. Please  form a group accordingly okay? Class leader, come and read out the list."

Eunha was waiting patiently for her name to come out. She was quite nervous as the class leader still did not call up her name. All her friends already had their partner. She waits and waits until

"Jung Eunha." He called. 

'Yes! Finally!' She thought to herself. 

"Jeon Jungkook." Eunha widened her eyes as she heard the name. She turns around to see Jungkook was having the same expression as her, puzzled of what just happened. She gulps down her saliva as she thought. 'Just what do fate had for us really?' 

***

"So... I was supposed to draw your face?" Jungkook tried to start out a conversation. The situation was super awkward for him right now as he had to face the girl. 

"It has been 15 minutes since you keep on holding your pencil and do nothing." To his surprise, Eunha had no difficulties at all. She was busy sketching his face with her pencil. Unlike him who can't even start anything as he can't look at the latter's eyes. 

"Err... I'm not good at portrait, so don't be shocked if it turns out bad."

"Don't worry.  My drawing is far worse." Eunha showed her drawing to the guy. It was so horrible, Jungkook start to laugh. 

"What the? Who is that?" He continued to laugh. He then stops as Mrs Park gave him a warning not to make any noise. 

"It's you. This drawing perfectly describe who you are for me." She said nonchalantly. Jungkook expression changed as he heard that. 

"I'm... I'm sorry." He said solemnly.
"For what?" She still busy fixing her drawing.
"Yesterday. And the day before. And also the day before that. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry that you have to meet me. I'm sorry for being such a jerk. And I'm sorry for scolding you and treating you like that. I'm sorry Eunha. I didn't mean any of it. I never had a friend who is a girl. I thought that it will be just fine because I've befriend Umji since we were small. But, you Eunha. You're much way different. You always confused me with the way you act around me. I don't know why but I seem to be rude and harsh when it comes to you. I'm sorry." He sighs. Eunha then curved a wide smile as she peeks on the guy. 

"You meant every single thing you said just now, right?" Her smiles grew wider as she saw Jungkook sincere expression. 

"Yes. Now, can we start over?" He hold up his hand. Eunha quickly grabs it, shook it and grin. 

"Well, if that's what you want." 

***

Jungkook smile as he looks at the drawing. It has been 8 years since everything happened. That day was the first day he realised his own feeling for Eunha. Two years later, at the day of their school's graduation, Jungkook gave a flower and a ring, proposing to the girl to be the only one for him. All the memories rush into him as he stares at the portrait.

"I look damn ugly in this." He let out a chuckle. 

He then shift his gaze towards the figure who was lying on the hospital's bed. 

"I miss you. And your smiles. Please wake up, Jung Eunha. I need you."


Ps: Goshhhhh. I finally manage to finish this chapter. Haha starting form this chapter, everything will be revealed. Till then, please bear with me 😊