Sports Day Part 1

House of card: Her


Today was their school sports day and Umji can't help but to feel anxious about it. It was her first time entangle on such an occasion. Usually she'll just stay at home to study or even laze around as she doesn't find any benefit in events like this. But, this year is quite different. The way Eunha keep praising and promoting her to enjoy this event made her feel like she should come even though she had no athletic abilities to start with. She smiles brightly as she saw both Sinb and Yerin are teasing each other from afar. 

"Sinb-ah! Yerin unnie!" She called while approaching them. Yerin then pull her into a hug. 

"Oh gosh. My cute Umji. I labbb youuu." She said while hugging the latter. Sinb quickly pulled them apart making Yerin to almost fall over. Fortunately, Taehyung come from behind, holding her hand. 

"Gosh, be careful girls." He said sternly. Yerin pout a bit while shoving her tongue out. 

"Kim Taehyung mehronggg~ We can do anything that we want." 

Looking at Yerin who keep mocking him, he release her hand making Yerin unable to maintain her balance and fall on the grass. 

"Ouch! That hurts!!! Damn you Kim Taehyung!"
"Well, who's the mehrong now? Mehrongggg~" Taehyung said while shoving his tounge, copying Yerin's act just now. They all laugh at her as she gets up on the help of Umji. 

"Geez. I'm a girl after all Taehyung." Yerin cross her arm. Umji who saw how hurt Yerin is now try to comfort her by signalling to Taehyung to stop teasing the girl. Hoseok who saw Umji's seriousness, smack Taehyung's head in return for teasing Yerin. 

"Dude! No one messed with my head!" He ruffles his hair. 
"Enough with that guys. We're not here for your fights." Said Sinb followed by nods from Hoseok and Umji. Yerin and Taehyung are still glaring at each other when Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi come approaching them. Namjoon put his hand on Taehyung shoulder,  greeting the others. 

"Who's hype for the ultimate golden kookie show, guys? I know I am! Woohoooo~" Namjoon said while the other smile brightly towards him. 
"Tone it down oppa. Your embarrassing me." Umji close her face with her hands.
"Gosh you're so cute, Umji-ah." Jimin who come with Jungkook, Eunha and Yuju smile sweetly as they watch Umji's cute reaction. 
"Hey!" They all chimed in unison. 
"When's your tournament, Oppa?" Ask Sinb. 
"Mine is approximately at 9 I guess. Yuju, Jungkook and Eunha at 10.45
,right?" 

They were all athletes for today's event. Jimin enter a badminton tournament, Eunha joined the archery team while Yuju and Jungkook both take part in 200 metres race. 

"No, mine is at 11, hyung. Don't you remember that they changed the schedule last minute, hyung? Jungkook said in disbelief. 
"Oh really? I totally forgot about it, Jungkook-ah. I'm sorry." Jimin said with his puppy eyes. 
"It's okay. I can understand you sluggish mind, hyung." Jungkook said while laughing at the older. Jimin try to smack his head but he manage to dodge it first. 
"Awww, hyung. You know you can't win over me." They all then laugh at Jimin. 

*** 

Jimin's tournament just finish with Jimin winning the men's single category. He runs out of the court towards the supporter seat while shouting, 

"I did it guys! Thank God I practiced as if my life was depend on it. Now, I can be proud and show this off to my parents!" He said while bitting the gold medal he just received. 

Everyone at the supporter seats was screaming at how cute 'little mochi' is, which was his nickname. Some even cried, "I love you, mochi!" as they felt touch with his victory.

Jungkook, Yuju and Eunha tap the others as a signal they should rush for Yuju and Eunha's events. As they manage to step outside the badminton hall, Umji voices out her opinion. 

"Guys, what if some of us go to Eunha's event and some to Yuju's? We can support both of them by doing so." She said while they all nods, agreeing to the idea. 

"Okay, me and Sinb will go to Yuju. Umji, you want to go support Eunha, right?" Umji quickly nods to Yerin.
"I'm not sure about the boys though." She continued. 
"I'll come with you, Yerin-ah. I want to watch super lightning Yuju as well." Jimin come from afar showing his rectangular smile. 
"I'll follow wherever Jimin will be." Taehyung said indifferently. 
"Count me in." Said Hoseok. 

Yerin then look at Eunha as she realised most of them want to go to Yuju's event instead. 

"Eunha-yah, you're gonna be okay, right? You know that our love are still with you even when we're not there, right? Besides, 200 metres race usually end earlier, so we'll be there as fast as we can okay, my lovely sister?" She said comforting Eunha. 
"I'm fine, Yerin unnie. I will as long as Umji's with me." Yerin smiles as she heard Eunha said that. 

"Guys, it's 10.15 already. We should be hurry or else you guys will be disqualified!" Jin said anxiously. They then quickly went their separate way where Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok, Yerin, Yuju and Sinb went to the right side of the field and Eunha, Umji, Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook went to the left side of the field. 

***

"Oh gosh! I feel nervous! Help me!" Eunha scream in fear when she realised it was her turn soon. Umji pat her shoulder and give a comforting smile. 

"You'll be fine unnie. It's okay. You always excel in archery don't you?" 
"But that was when I still in middle high school! Back then, everyone  was a midget like me. Now, everyone grows up like trees. Only I'm the one who stays the same." She said dejectedly. 
"You should believe in yourself, Eunha. Have more confident. Everything will be just fine. I thought you're the one who keep bragging on about being the first in your archery team at your previous school, right? No worries." Jungkook's words somehow manage to calm her. Well to be truth she was shocked to hear such  comforting words come from Jungkook. Usually it will be Namjoon or even Jin who are generous in giving advice. But today she managed to listen to such a great words from the boy. She smile delightfully and nod.

"Thank you." She said sweetly. She then rush towards her coach who was waiting for her at side of the field. 

*** 

"Finally! It's now unnie's turn!" Umji shout in excitement. Yoongi and Jungkook watch her in smiles while Namjoon and Jin come with their snacks. 
"Here some for you. Oh wait-" Namjoon was trying to hand off the snacks but then his eyes caught on Eunha who was ready to shoot.
"It's Eunha's turn!" Jin continued the latter's words. They all watch in amusement as Eunha's bowstring gracefully shoot the arrow towards the target. 

"Bullseye! It's 10!" They chimed in unison. 
"I know unnie can do it!" Umji screamed towards Eunha as the latter runs toward her. Unfortunately, her foot stumble on some equipment that was scattered on the ground and she fall on her knees. 

"Unnie!" Umji shout in despair. All of them hurries to Eunha who keep holding her knees painfully. 

"Can you walk?" Jin ask as he saw tears start forming on Eunha's eyes. 

"Oppa. I can't feel my knees." She mutters under her breath. 

It is unfortunate for Eunha as she fall on one of the arrow and it cause a deep cut on her knees. She was shaking in frightened as gush of blood flow from the injured side. All of them were in panic as they saw how horrified the situation has become. At that time, Jungkook rush from the side of the field with a bandage. He was actually getting ready for his event when he heard a loud scream from Umji. 

"Move." He said to the people who surrounds Eunha. He quickly wrap the girl's knee and gave her a comforting smile. 
"You'll be okay. I promise you that you'll be just fine. Don't be scared okay?" He smile again as he carry Eunha in a bridal style.