Journey

House of card: Her

Jungkook smile as Eunha gobble down her food as much as she could. He keeps staring with a proud smile curved on his face. 

"Take a break, Eunha. You don't want to choke on your food." 
"But, this is so delicious! Who would've thought that toebokki and cheese made a great pair?" 

Jungkook giggles and look gladly at Eunha. 

"Do you love them that much? I thought you had your dinner already?" 

Eunha turns her gaze toward Jungkook. He then looks away as the stare becomes a little too intense for him. 

"Why are you avoiding my stares? Do you still had butterfly every time you look into my eyes?" Eunha said indifferently as she continue eating her toebokki. 

"Err... I guess so." He sheepishly smiled. Eunha peered at him with curiousity as she took another look at her husband. 

"You do? Are you serious? We've been dating for 6 years before we decided to live together, right? How come you heart still flutter with things like having an eye contact?" She said as she munch her food.  She almost choke on them as she was startled with Jungkook's answer. 

"I... I don't think I have an answer for that. I mean how can I explain thing that happen involuntarily? It just happens that way." He said as he hides his blushed cheek. Eunha let out a chuckle as she saw Jungkook's perplexed face. 

"Are you sure I'm the one who had a crush on you? Looking by situation now, it hardly for me to accept that." She grins. 

"By the way, yes I've already ate dinner with Umji and Yoongi oppa. However, it would be rude to say no to all these great food, right?" She said as she starts to clean up the table. Jungkook then quickly snatch away the cloth table that she was holding. 

"It's okay. I'll do it." He said as he put away the empty plate. 
"Hmm... May I do the dishes, then?" She said as she opened the tap. 
"As a housewife, I should at least contribute to something, right?" Jungkook stare at his wife for a few second before he nods, smiling toward the latter.

"Well... If you insist." 

***

Eunha bummed herself on her bed. She then peeks at her husband who is getting ready to bed with his pyjama. 

"Oh great. At last a nice point of you." She smiled widely. Jungkook widened his eyes and lift his eyebrows.

"Hmm?" He asked as he buttoned up his pyjama. 
"I like someone who is meticulous. And I see that in you." She scrunched up her nose in a cute way. 

"Ah... So, that's one of the reason you fall for me I guess?" He smirks. 
"I guess. Haven't I talk about it before to you?" Eunha look curiously at Jungkook while titling her head. A sudden memory then come flashing at him. 

Flashback

Eunha was walking with Jungkook along their campus when she realise a few eyes was intensely staring at them. As she saw them, she quickly locks her arm with her boyfriend. She then squint her eyes and point out to the girls furiously. 

"This is mine!" She said half yelling. She then smile proudly towards Jungkook who is giggling at her. 

"Do you really have to do that?" 
"Well... duh~ I wanted to announce it to the whole world if I could." She grins widely. And that earn another chuckle from Jungkook. 

"Do you really like me that much?" He said as he tilts his head towards her. She looks away and awkwardly cough before turning back at him,

"Yes?" She showed her teeth. Jungkook was gulping down his soda before he bursting out into laughter. 'Duh... Why do you have to be so cute, Eunha.' 

"Hmm... okay then." He said as he try to stiffen his face. 
"Give me 10 reasons for your answer."
"And if I don't?" 
"I won't treat you into lunch today." He smirks. He meant nothing what he said but he loves to see her reaction every time he . 

"But, you promise me! You can't go back on your promise, Jeon Jungkook!" She crosses her arms and pout hard. 
"No reason, no lunch." He shrugs his shoulder. He kinda enjoying the situation too much. 

"Does it really have to be 10 reasons?" He just shut his eyes deeply, ignoring her puppy eyes. 

"This is so unfair!" She stomps away. 
"So, you won't tell me?" Jungkook shout from the place he stands. He still waits for the latter to give in. 

"Oufff... This naughty kid. Just wait until I get my chance later." She walks toward him again. Jungkook is still giving her an annoying smile. 

"You know you look like an idiot just now don't you?" 
"That doesn't work on me, Eunha." He scoffed. 

"Well... You're cute." 
"1." Jungkook stars to count. 
"But, others are much more cuter than you." Jungkook frowns. 
"Is that supposed to be one of the reason or what?" 
"Let me just finish first, you rascal." 
"Okay okay. Go on." He cheekily smiled at her. 

"Hmm... do you still remember when I confessed to you during 10 grade but you're so oblivious to understand it?"
"Yes... what about it?" 
"Well, I used to stare at you a lot in our class before. You have this wonderful combination of handsome and cute. Erm... How do I say this? You have a baby face with a hottie personality." 
"I've been hearing that a lot." He cuts her off.

"Just let me finish my sentence, won't you?" He is starting to get into her nerve. Jungkook just let out a chuckle and nod. 

"Okay. So... like I've said before, you're that great mix of handsome and cute all together. And, you never brag about it. Well, except to me though. You always talk about it to me." She rolled her eyes. 

"I love it when every time your hyungs or even your classmates told you that you're handsome, you just sarcastically said thank you and walk away." Jungkook's cheek flushed as he heard sincerity in her intonation. 

"And, that's why I like you. I like that you're handsome in such an elegant way. From your hair to your wide feet, every part of you seems lovable to me." She proudly smile at Jungkook who was lost in his own world. He then took a glance at the girl before slapping his face. 'Snap out of it, Jeon Jungkook. Ergh. How do I stop this racing heart beat.' 

He slowly peak at the girl who was mischievously looking at him. 

"Err... That's not 10 though." He said. And as soon he said it, he walks away leaving behind the girl who is bewildered with his action.

"Jungkook!" She screamed. 

End of Flashback

"Jungkook?" Eunha voiced out as she realise he was lost in his own thought. He then turns to the girl with a smile. 

"Something happen?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 
"Nope. I was just... Well, you can sleep on the bed. I'll have this." He pointed out to the small sofa situated at the corner of their bedroom. Eunha just gave a nod and she feel asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. 

"I guess she's just too tired." He mumbled.

***

Eunha was awaken by a click clack noise that has been disturbing her sleep. She squint her eyes to look at the source of the sound to see Jungkook was busy opening and closing drawers of their bureau. 

"What are you doing?" She said in annoyance. 
"I'm sorry if I wake you up. You should go and get ready. There's a lot of thing to do today." He said beaming from ear to ear. 

Eunha just nods as Jungkook hands in a towel for her. 

***

Jungkook start out the engine of the car with a wide smile. He stare at his wife who seems uninterested. 

"Are you ready?" 
"Hmm... whatever." She blurt out her feeling. His smile faint as he sense her indifference. He then tried his best to curve another smile as he peeks at his wife. 

"Don't worry. We'll have more fun today." 
"Where are we going?" 
"Well, first... let's go meet your unnie and Taehyung hyung." 

Her sullen expression then turns to a bright one. 

***

"Eunha-yah!" Yerin greets her sister and pull her into a hug. She then kiss her cheek. 

"Gosh unnie. That's so ewwww!" She wiped the saliva on her cheek. 

"You should've ask my permission first before doing that, unnie. Erghhh." She said in a disgust tone. She then poked her head out from her sister and greeted Taehyung who was leaning on the counter, smiling at his wife's childish behaviour. 

"Hello oppa. Nice to meet you again." She said as she took a sit in the middle of cafe. 

"Hey. And hey Jungkook." He greets the younger as well. 
"Eunha-yah. How are you feeling today? Are you getting better?" Yerin said as she pulls the seat in front of her. 
"I'm fine unnie. There's nothing wrong with me. Except for not being able to remember things. Other than that, I am completely fine." She said nonchalantly. She then took a look around the cafe. It is a small yet stylish pastry cafe owns by Taehyung. 

"Where is this nice smile coming from?" Eunha take a sniff. 
"Oh. I guess your sense of smell still remains the same despite your memory loss, huh?" Taehyung yelled from the kitchen. Eunha lift her eyebrows toward Jungkook who was at her side. Yerin giggles as she saw Eunha was giving them a quizzical look. 

"Hmm... Perhaps baking has been part of you, that's why you immediately notice it." 
"I still couldn't get it, unnie." She furrows her eyebrows. 

"You used to be a part of this cafe, Eunha." 
"Me?" Eunha pointed to herself. 

"So, I'm the chef?" She said, excitedly. 
"Well, correction. You're just my assistant. The chef is me, Eunha." Taehyung approach them with a freshly baked profiteroles. 

"Have a bite." Taehyung proudly showed off his masterpiece. The cafe was well known for his mouthwatering profiteroles. People all over Seoul come to the cafe just to have this light yet tasty dessert. 

Eunha quickly grab two of it and shove it into . Jungkook was beaming a beatific smile as he took a glance at Eunha. 'I love you, Eunha.' 

***

Eunha repeatedly waves at Yerin and Taehyung through the front glass door of their car. 

"I'll come back soon, unnie, Taehyung oppa." She said as she bids goodbye to both of them. She then shift her gaze towards Jungkook who was focusing on his driving.

"Where are we going next?" 
"Well... For our next destination, it's going to be a surprise." He widely smile. 
"And, before I forgot about it, here you go." He hands in a red book to Eunha. 

"You might wanted to have a look at it. You know what, I've been having difficulties just for this. I've been searching for it everywhere just to find the book was placed inside our kitchen's cabinet. I guess you really wanted to kept it away from me." He grins. 
"What is this?" She lift her eyebrows as she opens the book. 
"It's a diary." She gasped. 

"Yup. It's yours." Jungkook nods and smiles. 

Eunha smile blissfully as she saw the book. 'Now, I shall know more about myself.' 

***

Eunha can't keep her eyes off the road around her. Everything looks much way different than it used to be. The town has been changing so much since 9 years ago. She was quite shocked to see beautiful tall buildings, painted with vibrant colour, spread along the city streets. The place felt unfamiliar to her, as if she is not in Seoul, the place she was born and grew up. It looks nothing like it. That is when it hit her. 9 years is not such a brief period. 

"I guess I wasn't paying any attention yesterday, but Seoul look strangely distant." She said as she stares onto the tall building surrounding them. 

"It does." Jungkook said as he parks the car off the road. 
"Let's go." He ecstatically said.

Eunha just obeyed and without question trailed behind her excited husband.

***

"Why are we here?" Eunha eyes wanders along the street. There is a few shop around them. She could feel that she had come here before but she couldn't recognise them at all.  

"We used to have our date here." He points out to a fried chicken restaurant in front of them. 

"Oh! I love chicken!" She squeals delightfully.  Jungkook let out a chuckle as he finds her expression is just a little bit too lovely. 

"But, there's another reason why we always come here though." He pointed out to a large shop selling Korean idols and drama merchandise. 

"What is that?" She asked in amusement. 

Flashback 

Jungkook let out a sigh after sigh as he stands along other hundreds of people who is lining for Beast new album, Highlight. The only fault he had done was being an obedient boyfriend to a girl named Jung Eunha. He rolled his eyes as he heard another annoying fangirls' scream, chanting their favourite idols name. 

"Oh gosh, look at these line of people. The queue is going on forever, Eunha." Jungkook grumbled. 

"Be patient please, honey? I promise we'll had our lunch after this, okay?" Eunha tried to cheer him up by calling him honey. But, as he already been waiting for 3 hours straight under the hot scorching sun, he couldn't take it anymore. 

"Why are you even bother queuing? We could've just buy it over the internet." He scornfully look at Eunha. She just brushed away his glared and chant his favourite group name along with other fan girls. Jungkook let out another long sigh before he looks away in distance. He then widened his eyes as he felt a smooth peck on his cheek. He turns to Eunha who was bashfully smiling, avoiding his eyes. 

"Honey, you know I love you, right?" She said as she still won't look at him in the eyes. 
"But, these oppa-deul are my first love." Eunha coyly turn to him. Jungkook could feel his inside is boiling with the statement. 

"Oh no, you're not, Eunha. What do you mean they're your first love? Have you forget when we were in 10 grade you keep pestering me, telling others that I'm your first love?" He spluttered. 

Eunha tried to close his mouth as she saw intense stares from people around them. 

"Cut it out, Jungkook!" She said as she hides her face with both her hand. Jungkook giggles as he saw her flushed cheek. 

"I win didn't I?" 

End of Flashback

Eunha gently shook her husband arm as he's being spacing out again. 

"Hey?" She called. 
"What's up with this place?"  
"Oh. Hmm... You always come here to buy affordable Beast merchandise."  
"Beast!" She squeals in delight as she approaches the place. 

***

Eunha sighs in defeat as she was unable to find the latest Beast's album. 

"Where is it? Urghhh." She groans. Jungkook then hands in an extended play record to her. 

"Oh finally it's Beast!" She screams in joy. 
"But, why are there only 5 of them? Where's Hyunseung oppa? And, why is it Highlight is written here? Is this the album's name?" Jungkook just gave her a smile as he went to the counter to pay for the EP. 

"He departs from the group and then five of them leave their company, rebrand and debut again as Highlight." He explained it thoroughly to Eunha. 

"Wait, what?" 
"I know it is hard for a hard core fan girl like you but yes. He's not part of group now." 
"But why?" She whined and pouts.

***

"2018 doesn't sound that great so far." She crossed her arm. She can't help but not to feel dejected with all the new information she just received. 

"I love 2009 more." She continued as she rolled her eyes. Jungkook just look at her pitifully before he voiced out,

"Let's have our lunch here first before we continue our journey, okay?"

 

Ps: hey guys. I'm glad some of you have really come to like this story 😁 this chapter is more for Eunha and Jungkook's going down to the memory lane (or is it just Jungkook? 🤔 haha) nonetheless, stay tune for more okay? And make sure to leave me some comments to show your love for me, alright? (I'm thirsty for your attention 🤤😂) Anyway, love  ya~~~~