Turning Pages

House of card: Her

Dear Diary, 

 

Today is the most important day my life. I am finally getting married to the most incredible and wonderful guy ever, the love of my life, Jeon Jungkook. Diary, I am in the cloud 9 now. I think I have become the happiest girl alive upon seeing him on the altar, waiting for me with his nervous eyes. Wait. How do I know he was nervous? I've known Jeon Jungkook for so long to understand that XD 

 

Gosh I really can't imagine that this is happening. He is now in the bathroom, getting a bath........ 

 

Hehehehehe

 

Oops... I need to go now. He just come out from the bath. Wait. How come he looks so stunning with that water slicking off his wet hair, his slightly tanned muscle and abs...

 

Gosh I'm being a ert again. Muahahahahha. 

 

Eunha let out a chuckle before flipping onto another pages. 

 

Dear Diary, 

 

That Jeon Jungkook is such a tease! I don't know how should I get back to him. Urghhhhh I should plan for something. Do you know what have he done to me today, Diary? 

 

He brushed me off when I tried to get an arm pillow. I mean what is wrong with that??!! And then he even called me a fat bunny and pinched my chubby cheeks. He's way too much T_T 

 

But, I still love him otherwise. Because you will surely will be melted when you heard what he did to me next. Did I just wrote will twice? Well forgave my mistake Diary. I just got too excited with what happened hahahaha 

 

That used to be cute boy and now grown up, hottie gentleman Jeon Jungkook cupped my cheeks and gave a light peck before bear hugged me. Arghhh!!!! He's shoooooo cuteeee... I seriously can't handle it anymore. I might just die out of happiness.

 

Dear diary, 

 

Today is exactly a week after our wedding day. *throwing confetti* 

 

I can't believe this is actually real, I'm not dreaming, erghhhh! Why did I even slapped myself, you stupid Eunha. 

 

And, yes last night when Jungkook came home with his tired face (poor my hubby, he worked hard for me and our future Eunkookie even though you're not existed yet hihi) LOL 

 

Anyway, I finally gathered my courage to call him as honey. 

 

Yeahhhhh HONEY!!! I love him soooooo much. And he even got a nickname for me too. 

 

MY DEAR. 

 

Isn't that shooooo sweet of him, Diary? I can't stop myself over continuously falling all over again for a same guy name Jungkook. 

 

He's my love, my world, my everything. He's my Jeon Jungkook. 

 

 

 

 

"He's my everything." Eunha repeated the phrase with a sigh. 

 

She has been going through the pages for a few days even before the night Jungkook got stab. She tried to deny herself of probability that she might be wrong and that the doctor, Yerin and her friends, were right. Perhaps it was just her illusion, her false memory and she should really snap out of it. 

 

But, the night had wonderfully shook all the last bits of doubts that she ever had. For she knew, a guy who would sacrifice his own life for her wouldn't be that fool to betray her. 

 

Her thoughts then drifted away when she heard car horn coming from her front yard. She quickly grabbed her luggage and rolled it to the main door with a delighted feeling. 

 

It wasn't long before her smile fainted when she aware of a presence of another figure aside from Taehyung who was wryly smiling at her.

 

"What are you doing here?" She questioned with an inquiring look.  

 

"I got a week of sick leave." Jungkook casually answered. 

 

"Yes, I knew that. You should've just let Taehyung oppa to come pick me up, Jungkook. It's so unnecessary for you to tag along too." Her unreadable expression then concerned Taehyung who has been eyeing the two for a while. 

 

"Eunha-yah..." He called her softly, averting her gaze from her husband. 

 

"I don't think you should talk like that to Jungkook." He flashed a little smile. 

 

Eunha shook her head in disapproval as she realised her intention had been misunderstood. 

 

"No. I mean he should stay at home oppa. How come a patient like him keep wandering around when he should be lying at bed considering his unstable condition?" 

 

Jungkook titled his head onto one side, and with a cheeky smile he uttered, 

 

"I can't wait to see you. That's why." 

 

Taehyung's expression immediately changed into a mischievous one as he saw Eunha's pale face was flushing with the sentence. 

 

***

 

"No. I told you I can do this by myself, right?" 

 

Eunha lightly dodged Jungkook's hand away as he tried to help her to store the suitcase on a high shelf in their closet. 

 

"I might look like a midget but if I slightly push up my body..." She stood with her toes as she ed the luggage. 

 

"There! Told ya I can do it." She grinned widely earning a chuckle from Jungkook. 

 

"It's almost 10. You should sleep now." She commanded softly as she tucked into bed.

 

"It's still early-"

"No, it's not. You better come here or I'm going to nag at you all night long." She pat onto the empty space at her side.

 

"That sounds great." Jungkook tried to joke more but he immediately clammed with her furious stare. 

 

He lied on the bed in a flash, tugging the blanket onto him. But, the real problem came when he suddenly forgot how to breath as he realised Eunha was staring at him, unblinking to ensure he is actually sleeping. And, although he tried to close his eyes, he can't help to blame it on his unsteady heartbeats which prevented him from doing so.

 

"Hey." He tentatively broke the silence. 

 

Eunha only hummed as she peered at him. 

 

"You wouldn't leave anymore, right?" He earnestly turned to her with his bright, puppy eyes.

 

Eunha let out a sigh before looking straight into  his eyes. 

 

"Do I have to spell it out for you to be assured of it?" 

"Well, yes? I mean-" 

"I won't." 

 

Jungkook could feel his heart swelled; he was totally flustered with the firmness tone in her voice.

 

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"I won't leave you anymore. No matter what happened in the future or how upset I am with you, I won't act like a child anymore." Her eyes glistened with honesty. 

 

"Now, is that the answer that you're searching for?" 

"Kind of?" 

"What do you mean by kind of?" 

 

He shrugged, not knowing what to answer anymore. 

 

"Thank you, Eunha." He finally voiced out after a moment of deep silence. 

 

Eunha furrowed her eyebrows, dumbfounded by the sudden remark. 

 

"For what?" She shifted back her body toward him. 

 

"For putting your faith and trust in me. I appreciate it. A lot." 

 

Jungkook gave a warm, grateful smile that shot straight her heart. 

 

"Yeah. Let's just sleep, okay? You need a good rest so that your wound would healed faster." She tried to change the topic. 

 

"I kinda hope it wouldn't heal though." His lips turned upward smugly.

 

"What? Why?" 

"So that you would continuously pampered me like this. It makes me feel like I am in heaven." 

 

Eunha groaned lowly with his cheerfulness.

 

"You don't even know what heaven looks like to even talk like that." She narrowed her eyes as he continued to look at her playfully with his teasing smile.

 

"Don't have to. Already experience one here." 

"You're seriously asking for another cause to wake up in hospital bed don't you?" Eunha rolled her eyes for a moment before letting out a chuckle with Jungkook silly grin.  

 

"You look like a fool."

 

Jungkook beamed beatifically ear to ear as he said, 

 

"I am. For you. Eunha's fool." 

 

***

 

Umji constantly shifting her sitting position. She occasionally crossed her legs and then sat straight upward, folded then unfolded her arms, before slightly stretching them out. 

 

"You're okay?" Jin at her side nudge her. 

"You look restless." 

 

Umji gave a tiny smile before broke out into a cold sweat brmmwhen she saw the face that she despised the most; that one person who made her life turn into hell, the Cymball Model and Talents Agency CEO, Mr Shin Jaesoo. 

 

"Hello, Umji. It's been awhile. How are you?" Umji instantly looked away, gritting her teeth over his faked gentle voice. 

 

It was with difficulty that she fought down the rage inside her to finally twitched her head toward him and voice out with a calm tone,

 

"Hi." 

 

And, she quickly turned her gaze away, a disgust feeling overwhelmed her. Mr Shin Jaesoo then walked away with pride, a smirk formed on his face as he sat on the spectator chair opposite to her.   

 

"It's our first trial. I hope you can bear with it, Umji." Jin whispered to her softly, his hand tightly clamped on her shoulders. 

 

"It's just first trial, oppa. There's many to come." She responded, calmly smiling at Jin. 

 

A moment after, the door to the courtroom wide opened, revealing a guy who was puffing for air, a mixed of confusion and anxiousness was portrayed on his face. And as soon as he saw the person that he wanted to see the most, he immediately curved a smile of relief. 

 

"Umji." He waved and walk toward her seat. 

 

Umji widened her eyes in bewilderment to see the figure with his gummy smile. 

 

"Oppa..." She blinked innocently as the guy sat beside her. 

 

"Surprise, surprise." Yoongi pat her head as if she was a small child. 

 

"But, how? You told me you have already fixed a prior commitment-"

"I've told you I'll make a time, right?" 

"Yes... but I thought you had a performance at Asan?" 

"I'll come running once you need me. How many times do I have to remind you of that promise?" 

 

Her eyes remained fix on him as the words repetitively bounced inside her head. A familiar warmness spread inside and she effortlessly flashed a smile, moved by the latter's simple words. 

 

'Thank you, oppa. I appreciate it. I really do.' 

 

What she was going to say but she had to cancel it when she heard the bailiff called, 

 

"All rise." 

 

And, they all stood up as the judge walked to the bench. 

 

***

 

Jungkook let out a sigh as he steps into the house. It was his first day back to working following his sick leave and everything was literally out of place. He would just usually endured all the complaints and criticism form his co-workers and Mr Kang but today is totally different. He felt burnout with all the workloads that he can't seem to finish within the time given. Not to mention, the long hour nagging from Mr Kang that he had to withstand due to his constant absence. 

 

Eunha's eyes was on him as he loosen up his tie and undid the first button of his white shirt before bummed onto the couch beside her.

 

"Hi." He simply greeted with his exhausted face. 

 

"Is everything okay?" Eunha peered at him with concern. 

 

"Yeah... Mr Kang thought it wasn't appropriate for me to keep on ditching work so he gave me a week worth of report to settle. I can feel my world slowly crashing down right now." He jokingly said with a cheeky smile but it didn't manage to ease off the tension in the room. 

 

"He's a jerk." Eunha crossed her arms out of disputed. 

 

"How could him do this when you've only been away for a few days? Didn't he knew you're supposed to be at home for a week?" 

"Well, I kinda made an impossible promise when I first started there. I told them I won't ask for a leave even if I got into accident, so-" 

 

"That's bullsh**!" She blurted out and gaped after realising she got too worked up in the situation. 

 

"Sorry." She bashfully smiled. 

 

Jungkook let out a small loving chuckle over her enthusiasm. 

 

"I mean, he's too much don't you think?" 

"Yeah. But, that's the price that I had to pay if I want to keep on working there." He genuinely smiled.

 

"You... did this for me don't you? Your dream... this is..." Eunha swallowed hard as she stared onto his puzzled face. 

 

"Have you ever imagined to live in such a life before?" 

 

He shook his head lightly, drew her to him gently, cupping her face. 

 

"No, no Eunha. I wanted to do this. Not just for you. I wanted to do it for me. Because-" 

"Because you'll lose me if you didn't do this. Yes, I know it. Unnie told me." His eyes dilated in shock. 

 

"Told you what?" He spoke calmly, managed to maintain his composure. 

 

"Why would you do that?" 

 

Jungkook turned his gaze downward, unable to face her. 

 

"I wanted to be happy. And, I'm not sure what it was for others. But, for me... it is you." He stealthily returned his glance toward her, his eyes shined with love.

 

"Not just one; it was after several incidents that I discovered that happy... is equal to Eunha. That is when I know that I need you in order to be happy." 

"So, you unnecessarily gave up the things that you love for me?" She continued to look into his eyes. 

 

Sensing the weight of the conversation, Jungkook took both her hand and tenderly massaging them.

 

"Now. Should I defined again what is love for me?" 

 

His smile broke into grin as she pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes in a cute way.

 

"Jung Eunha. Everyone knows that." 

 

***

 

Umji's body slumped against the chair as the judge walk away after announcing the date of the next trial. 

 

"Well done. You're great." Jin pat Umji's back, smiling proudly.

 

"I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for your help, oppa." She replied with a sweet smile. 

 

"Remember. This is just a first trial. Nothing is etched in stone. We shouldn't get too happy yet."

"Of course. I know that oppa." 

 

"Well, you shouldn't." A voice interrupted them. 

 

Mr Shin Jaesoo darted a fierce stare at her as he sneered, 

 

"We'll see what else you're able to falsely claim soon, Umji. I just want you to realise that this fight had never been on your side even on the first day you decided to walk away from my company." 

 

Umji tried to breath properly out of anger as he showed his true colour. But, to her surprise, she was cut off from a voice that emerged from behind. 

 

"You're nobody to conclude that." 

 

Yoongi clenched his jaw as he headed towards the defendant's table and absentmindedly pulled Umji away.

 

"Oppa..." She muttered slowly as Yoongi tighten his grips over her hand. 

 

He then halted his steps when they finally got out of the courthouse.

 

"I can't believe he had a nerve to say those things to you." He forced himself to exhale steadily to tone down his rage. 

 

"It's okay oppa. It doesn't affect me at all." She assured him. 

 

Umji then eyed on the hand that had been grasping hers hard. 

 

"Well, I think it's fine now..." She carefully mumble.

 

"Yeah... of course. We're away from him now, you don't have to worry-" Yoongi blabbered before he fully registered the awkward atmosphere. He then quickly let her hand go.

 

"Oh gosh. I'm sorry... I mean, I unknowingly-" He sputtered nervously, trying to explain himself. 

 

A smile of relief then flashed onto him as the girl's giggling adorably at his edginess. 

 

"Yeah... I could've guess it when you're too furious to think of anything just now." She grinned widely. 

 

***

 

Eunha had never felt so unsure in her life before. Though she only had lived for 15 years, well technically she is already 24, but the rest of 9 years was still vague for her and that's the reason she is more comfortable with addressing herself as 15 years old Eunha, nothing could even compare to the moment. 

 

She was nervous of how he would react, of how awkward would it turn out to be to. Despite that, she knew it should be done. And if it's not today, then it wouldn't be forever. 

 

She bite her lips, eyeing queasily Jungkook who was doing the dishes. 

 

"Your cooking had definitely improved a lot." Jungkook turned to her with a smile. 

 

"Oh? Erm... Yeah..." She stammered. 

 

"I mean, it was just ramen, yet it was so delicious, I couldn't stop myself from devouring it to the last bit." 

 

She smiled warily, truly flattered with the praise but she was too nervous to flashed a proper expression. 

 

"Eunha... are you alright?" Eunha blinked innocently as he walked toward her, trying to feel her forehead in case she caught a fever. 

 

"Honey." She exhaled in relief as she managed to blurt out the word. 

 

But, her heart start to thump harder as she saw his bewildered face. 

 

"I thought that what she would use to console you if you had a harsh time at work." She cocked her head, curiously. 

 

"H-how do you know? Have you recalled it?" 

"No..." Disappointment clouded her eyes.

 

"It was written in the diary. It said that I was supposed to call you with that nickname whenever you're not in a good mood." 

 

Jungkook nodded solemnly before his eyes sparkled with hope. 

 

"Can I... can I call you with that too?" He ask coyly with a low voice. 

 

"With what?" 

"The nickname."

 

Eunha's cheek grew hotter as she noticed he was blushing. 

 

"Ah..."

 

She played with her finger, hoping the uneasiness will go away. 

 

"My... dear?" 

 

Jungkook looked away, he started sweating with all these butterfly fluttering inside his stomach and his racing heart had made it way worse. 

 

"That really sounds cheesy and tacky..." She tittered.

 

"But, yeah. Let's call each other with nicknames from now on. We should... to bring all the memories back faster, right?" She grinned sweetly at him. 

 

"Honey." She called once again before she gaze downward, her legs squirmed in embarrassment.

 

Jungkook wanted to pull her into his arm so bad, pressing his lips onto hers but he resisted the thought as he didn't want to abuse her trust. 

 

Thus, he leaned forward, bended and softly put his lips onto her forehead instead. 

 

"I just wanted you to know that I would never forget this moment forever." 

 

And, at his warm and gentle look of affection, Eunha felt her heart skipped a beat. 

 

Ps: who's missing mehhhh??? 😄

 

Pss: Heart fluttering moment make me go all soft and I melted into this puddle of love. Wehuhuhihu ❤️