Eyes

House of card: Her

"Well, I guess I too... have become an adult." She said, as she try her best to curve the widest smile for him. 

Umji then looked away, ignoring Yoongi who continue to look at her. He sat deep in thought as he stares onto her exhausted face. 

To be honest, although they did not keep in touch after she move out to Japan, he had heard a lot about her from Namjoon and Sowon. 

Regarding how she overworked herself, volunteered her name to every available runaways or even refusing to go home. 

And somehow it has becomes a ritual for her, and she was caught up in it. 

She was clearly running off from something and Yoongi know that. He was just unsure of that 'something'.

He keep on staring at her as he noticed how her chubby cheeks that he once loved to pinch has turn gaunt and how exhausted she looks at the moment. 

Though to be fair, even with the dark circle under her eyes, she still looks beautiful in his eyes. She always does. 

"I hope she realised she doesn't have to do something amazing to be noticed." He mutters under his breath as he stares at Umji, her eyes won't met him. 

***

Jungkook rubbed his forehead. It was two in the morning but he is still on his laptop.

As he only got one day left to spend with Eunha, he instantly reminded of Mr Kang's remark on how he should come back to the office with new determination and better mindset. So naturally, to ensure that he kept the promise, he is back to working himself into an early grave. 

He squinted at the paperwork that he has been working on and at that very moment, he stood up to find his glasses. 

To his surprise, Eunha was standing behind him, rubbing her eyes as she woke up for some water.

"You're still awake?" She asked, yawning. 
"Err... did I woke you up?" Eunha just shook her head lightly as she pull up a chair to sit. 

"I was just feeling thirsty in the middle of the night." Her eyes were half closed, still sleepy. 
"Oh. Wanted me to get it for you?"
"No it's okay. I can get it myself later." 

Jungkook nods before he remembers about his glasses, so he quickly opens up one of the drawer under the tv cabinet and wear them. 

He then returned to his seat and continue on his work. Eunha furrow her eyebrows as she stares at her husband. 

"What are those?" 
"Oh these? They're glasses." 
"I know what is that silly. I mean, you wear glasses?" 
"Yeah I do. But, I prefer contacts more." 
"Why?"
"Well maybe because I look hideous in them."

Eunha frowns even more as she heard the statement.

"No you're not. I kinda has a crush on people with glasses." 

She then walks out to the kitchen, ignoring her confused husband. 'Is she flirting or what?' Jungkook thought to himself. 

"So, you're going back to your office soon, huh?" She poked her head from the kitchen's cabinet. 

"Yeah. But, I'll try my best to be home early." 
"You don't make promises that you can't keep, Jungkook." She said as she gulps down her water.

His eyes start to harden with the statement. He did not know what to say. So in the end he blurted out, 

"I'll try my best to accompany you for your therapy tomorrow then." 

Eunha only shook her head lightly as she points out to the laptop with her head. 

"You still have to finish that, right? I'll call the girls to pick me up." 

And, Jungkook could only looked at her backside as she walks into her room leaving him with deep guilt. 

***

"So how's it going, Mrs Jung?" 

Today was supposed to be her psychotherapy day. Eunha was reluctant to go. And, she put all the blame for the helpless feeling that she had every time she saw disappointment in the doctor's eyes as she reply no to every questions that the doctor prepared for her. But, it wasn't really her fault when there's really nothing that has come to her mind ever since she woke up from coma.  

"Well. Nothing's different. I still think that I am 15 years old and this is all just a dream. I might wake up someday and think, wow! That's such a good experience." She scornfully said. 

Doctor Kang straightened his seat, trying to probe her with other questions that might enkindle her memories. 

"Hmmm.... how about nightmares? Have you experienced those?" 

Eunha made a pause, hesitating whether she should talk about it.  And, the doctor sensed it. He had encounter numerous of patients with similar case as her so of course he could read her actions. 

"I know you're still doubting everything but you can absolutely trust me, Mrs Jung. Let's work this out together, shall we?" 

Eunha looks at her doctor and she let out a loud sigh as she realises he was just genuinely trying to help her. 

"I'm sorry. I guess... I was just... scared." 

The doctor fixed his eyes on her as he heard the confession. 

"Scared of what Mrs Jung?"
"I've been having dreams lately. I wouldn't say they were nightmares. It was more like a series of image that comes to me every single night. And the scene was breathtaking as well. But, as soon as I get up, I'll have to take analgesics to reduce the headache that comes with them." 

The doctor nods lightly as he continued, 

"Specifically, can you please tell me about the image? Well, for people with dissociative amnesia, a dream could only be a dream or... it could actually be a reference of life events from your past." 
"I... dream about a necklace." 
"Necklace? Hmm... interesting. What else did you see?" 
"Nothing else doc. Only me caressing a necklace. I wasn't sure of it but my husband did mentioned that he did proposed to me with a necklace. Could it be that it was a hint of what has happen to me before accident, doctor? Or maybe the cause of the accident itself?" 

Doctor Kang gave her quizzical looks before uttering, 

"We can't be sure though. Are you sure it was the same necklace that your husband gave to you?" 
"Well, the necklace went missing just before the accident. So, I couldn't identify if it was the same necklace or not. But, I'm pretty sure there's a reason behind those dreams doctor. It has to be so." 
"Well... we can't come to a conclusion yet so please do not rush into things Mrs Jung. For now, it's better for you to keep on triggering your mind to bring back those memories. And, please. Discuss with your family regarding this. They should give you more clues." 

Eunha nods lightly as she walks to the door. 

"Doctor?" She turns her head towards the doctor. 

"Yes? What is it Mrs Jung?" 
"Is there any occurrence of victims who were unable to revive their memories back? What if I can't remember forever?" 

He smiles sweetly and gave her a comforting look. 

"That's impossible. All dissociative amnesia patients usually will have memories returned to them after 2 to 3 months. It could also up to 1 year. It depends. But, there were never a case of a patient who unable to recall back their memories forever. So, fear not, Mrs Jung. They will certainly comes back to you gradually."

"What if I'm the first then?" She mumbles in an inaudible voice. 

"Sorry? Is there anything you wanted to tell me, Mrs Jung?" 
"No, it's nothing. Thank you doc. Glad that we have a session together today."
"Well, my pleasure."

***

Eunha walks out of the doctor's room looking confused as ever. And as promised, Umji, Sinb and Yuju were waiting for her at the waiting area. They look at her concernedly as she walks weakly towards them. 

"How was it, Eunha? Something comes to your mind?" Yuju ask as she took a sit. She just shook her head and grab the water bottle that Sinb shoved her. 

"It's okay unnie..." Sinb then try to comfort her. 
"We'll work out on this together." She continued. 

"Yeah. Take your time, unnie. I'm sure everything will fall into its place soon." Umji holds her shoulder in order to cheer her up. 

Eunha could only look at three of them and let out loud sigh. 

"Well. I hope it will." 

***

Jungkook send out a text to Eunha telling her that he was unable to pick them up. He need to rush to the office to handle an important document, ordered by his manager. 

And, it certainly makes Eunha super angry with it. First, she was furious over the fact that they called him even on his day off. And second, she was also very mad at him for incapable of declining their request. 

"Ergh. He could've turn them down though." She rant it over to her girls. 

Yes. Now that she feel completely at home with them, she is now proud to call them her girls. She smiled as Sinb put her hands on her shoulder, tightening the grips as she said, 

"Oh come on unnie. We still have other oppas, right?" Eunha mischievously laugh at the statement. 

A few minutes later, a car park in front of them, revealing who is inside when he rolled the front glass door. 

"Let's go girls." 

Eunha then smiles with him as the figure showed them his legendary gummy smiles.

***

"So... where's our next destination, girls?" Yoongi ask as he looks through the rear-view mirror. 

Eunha who couldn't hide her excitement, beamed ear to ear as their eyes met.

"Hmm... let's stop by somewhere before we go back, shall we?" She pleaded. 

"Hmm... how about we go get a quick bite to eat, then? Is that okay with you, unnie?" Umji said as she turns from the passenger seat. 

"Sounds great! Let's go and grab some toebokki!" Eunha exclaimed. 

All of them look at each other, furrowing their eyebrows at Eunha. Except for Yoongi. He keep holding his laugh as he said, 

"Well then... let's go eat toebokki, shall we?" 

***

They drop by Han river for some toebokki. Eunha was the most excited one among them. So, when they choose to sit nearby a basketball court to devour the toebokki, she can't stop clapping her hands as she tasted some. 

"I really have to give full appreciation for people in future for being able to come out with such recipes. Every food that I've tasted in future are extremely marvellous!" She said in amusement. 

They could only laugh at her childish side. 

"Hey oppa. Doesn't that reminded you of our high school day?" Sinb point out to a bunch of high school kids who are playing basketball on the court. 

"You know how to play oppa?" Eunha widened her eyes. 

"I used to."
"How about now?"
"Well, it has been a while though." Yoongi said as he caress his nape. 

To their surprise, Eunha suddenly walk to the kids and return with a wide smile. 

"Oppa! They said they could use another player. Wanna join them?" 

***

Jungkook hurried to the place as he got the text from Umji. He has been trying to reach Eunha but she would not pick up her phone or reply to his text and that frustrate him more. 

As he arrived, the first thing that he saw was Eunha laughing and cheering on Yoongi with the girls. 

That's when he glimpsed at the eyes that he thought he would never saw again throughout his life, the eyes that he missed the most. The eyes that once his. But, now are looking fixedly on Yoongi. 

And, those eyes... were full of affection. 


Ps: oh no. 😱

Please showers me with some love by pressing the votes button, okay? Love ya~~