Wonder

House of card: Her

 

Umji fixed her gaze onto her phone before taking a deep breath. 'I must've be out of mind.' She then stares at Taehyung who was preparing coffee for her. 

"You should've hired someone else, oppa. Don't you pity Yerin unnie? She always had to drop by whenever she had her free time." 
"It was her who wants to come though. I've never ask her to do so." Taehyung replied nonchalantly. Yerin then yanked his arm and punch his stomach. 

"That's what you get for belittling me." She hissed. 
"Awww!" He cried.
"It hurts!" He caress his stomach as he feel deep pain on the inside. 
"Why do you always have to attack my stomach, Yerin? I thought if I marry you then you'll be less violent." Yerin just shrugged her shoulders and went to the kitchen. 

Taehyung then took the brewed coffee and put the cup in front of Umji. 

"You should've made your own coffee if you crave for one." Umji smiles at Taehyung as she took a sip of the latte. 

"Well I didn't just crave for any coffee oppa. I craved for yours." She grins. 
"You and your meaningless sweet talk." Taehyung lightly flicked her head with a grin. He then quickly walked to the counter as a customer enter the cafe. Umji let out a small chuckle looking at full grown Taehyung. She then wrapped her hand around the cup and take another sip of her coffee. 

"You should've come earlier, Umji." Yerin said as she served freshly baked pastry into the display rack. 
"Why?" Umji said curiously. 

"Here's your pastry and your cappuccino sir." Taehyung said as he gave a change to the customer. He then take a look at Umji who was anticipating the answer. 

"Jungkook was here just now. He came with Eunha." He widely smiles. 

"Thank you and please come again." Yerin bowed down as the customer leave the shop. 

Umji raised her eyebrows toward Yerin who pull a seat in front of her.

"Oh really? Doesn't he need to go to work, though? I thought he had been struggling to fit himself in the company." Yerin inhaled deeply before letting out a sigh. 

"He took a few days off for her. He wanted to help Eunha to remember something." 

Umji change her gaze towards the window. She keeps looking through it until she curve a smile for both Taehyung and Yerin who are staring weirdly at her. 

"Well, I'm glad he did that then." 

***

Yoongi rush into the cafe as he look at his watch. 

"Sorry I'm late." He sweetly smiles toward Umji who was having her time, enjoying her profiteroles. 

"Off. It's oghay offa." She said as she munches off the remaining profiteroles. Yoongi burst out with laugh as he saw her cheeky side. 'She is really Eunha's soulmate.' 

"It was her third cup, though. You better pay me those cups, Umji." Taehyung playfully glared at the younger.  She just giggle a bit before inviting Yoongi to sit. 

"Have a seat oppa." 

And, Yoongi delightfully nods and pull the chair in front of her. 

***

Eunha groaned slightly. She knows Jungkook know how miserable she feels right now but it seems like the latter just chose to ignore it. 

"Do we still have place to go after this?" She said as frustration starts filling in her. It was worse enough that she can't remember anything and now she was informed her lovable oppas had separated from each other. Well not all of them but it still irritates her to know that. 

"Are you still feeling dejected over the fact your favourite group has disband?" She nods in annoyance. She took a deep breath as she face him. Somehow, she look adorable with her cute pouty face. Jungkook smile sweetly at her. 

"But, they are still together, right? Even not as ot6, they still chose to be with each other. Hyunseung chose to depart from the group due to difference in music style. And as fan, you should understand him more." He still feels weird to keep discussing about idols when they are already 24, but he knows that Eunha still has a mind of 15 and he need to tolerate her more.

"Well you know what? Being adult is . It makes you realise that things are not beautiful as it used to be." She crossed her arm, feeling disheartened all of a sudden. 
"But, I promised you that you'll feel better once you tried this." He said as the waiter served a crispy looking fried chicken. 

Eunha then unknowingly claps in amusement as she tasted one. 

"I'm not sure what they put in this, but this is definitely a finger fried chicken!" 

***

Yoongi cannot took his eyes off Umji as he heard the statement. The latter avoids his stare by looking through the glass window, trying to ignore all the questions linger in him. 

"I know you've heard about it from Namjoon oppa." She then took a glance at Yoongi. The guy fix his gaze on her, trying to figure out what is currently on her mind.

"I guess so. Are you serious about it?" He took a sip of his warm coffee. The girl just slightly nod and continued to look at the window. 

"I've made up my mind, oppa. And, you know I'm not the kind who easily back out from my words, right?" The determination in her words kinda scared him. 

"But what's the reason though? I don't get it. You said you were happy there." He tried to justify. 

"I were. Then, it become less interesting and before I even knew it, it already eating me alive. The schedules were killing me oppa. Me and my life as a whole." She shift her gaze towards Yoongi who was looking confusedly at her.

"I don't think I want to do it anymore."

***

"I don't think I want to do this anymore." Eunha blurted out her thoughts. Jungkook turns his gaze towards his wife who was emotionless. They have been walking through an unknown botanical park for a while. Eunha could feel her feet stings from the discomfort of the high heels. 

"Hmmm... let's take a rest then." He  points to a bench in front of them. Eunha blink innocently and quickly nod to his statement. Jungkook take a deep breath before his eyes then glued on the red high heels that Eunha chose to put on this morning. He turned to Eunha, arched his eyebrow with a question, 

"You wear high heels?" 
"I wanted to look more like an adult." 

He let out a chuckle which angered her more. 

"What?" She asked in annoyance.
"No. You look cute though." Somehow he can feels that Eunha is putting a lot of effort, trying to fit herself in her new life. She lift her eyebrows looking at her husband. He just smile back at her sweetly. 

"Why are we here anyway?" 
"I've been wanting to bring you back to this place." 
"Why?" She said indifferently, still massaging her foot. 

"This is the exact side where I proposed to you." He smiles widely. Eunha widened her eyes and stare at his face. 

"Here?"

Flashback 

Eunha was seen to be waiting patiently at the garden. Jungkook had promised her that he'll be there as soon as his meeting has finished. Eunha understands that her boyfriend is struggling to juggle between his career and his love life. Not to mention he is still an intern, so he has to show his capabilities to be accepted as a full time worker. 

However, she can't help but not to feel disappointed with him as today is quite different. Today is their special day. It was their 5th anniversary as a couple. She let out sigh after another, as she still can't see the figure that she loves the most. 'Did he forget what day is today?' She took a deep breath, walking away from the place when a hand grab hers and pull her toward him. 

"Hi!" He exclaimed excitedly. 

And as sudden as she realise it was Jungkook, she pull him into hug and yelled his name. 

"I thought you couldn't make it!" She look at him with a pout. She then let the guy go as he put both his hand together, trying to ask for her forgiveness. 

"How could I? You will certainly kill me if I didn't come." Eunha nods frantically as she remembers how she already plan on certain ways to murder him inside her mind. 

"I couldn't deny on that." She grins widely. Jungkook let out a chuckle and look around. 

"Where's my present?" He said, innocently lifting his eyebrows. She continue grinning at him from ear to ear, putting both her hands under her chin and smile widely. 

"It's me!" She exclaimed. So loud that the others start to look at them weirdly. He then rolled his eyes and quickly walk away. 

"Hey!" She shouted. 
"No really. I'm serious." He walks back towards the girl in a deadpan voice.

"Where's my present?" 

She giggles and took out a small box from her bag.

"Wow! It's tie pin!" He stares at the silvery tie pin with a wide smile. 

"How do you know I need one?" 
"It's so that you can look more presentable to your high ups." She bashfully smile as Jungkook holds tights her hand.  

"I really love it. Thanks Eunha." She then stares into his eyes,  anticipating hers. 

"Where's mine?" Her bright eyes continue to stare onto his. He coughed awkwardly and look away. 

"I've told you that I couldn't prepare anything, right?" He scoffed. 

Dissatisfied with the answer, she poked his pants, trying to search for something. She then widened her eyes as she feel something in one of his pocket. 

"What is this?" Her fingers tremble as she holds on to the velvety box that look suspiciously like a jewellery. 

"Geez, Eunha. You just ruin everything." He murmured under his breath. He took the box and opened it with a snap. He breath in, 

"Jung Eunha." And with that simple words, tears start to filled in both her eyes. She could've guess where does this will end to. But, she still can't believe her eyes as she look at the content of box. It was a necklace instead of a ring. And, she starts to become confused again. 

"Why necklace though?" She unknowingly blurt out her mind. She gasped and quickly close . 

"I'm sorry." She said apologetically. Jungkook burst in laugh as he realise the mood has completely turn into a humorous one. 

"Haha. It's okay. I still wanted to say my line though. I've been practicing for almost a week." He confessed. 

Eunha just nod in embarrassment. He took another deep breath before continuing, 

"When I first met you on the first day of high school, I know there is something weird has stirred my inside. I can't figure it out back then, considering I am so clueless of everything, just like you've been saying. Since then, you've always stay on my mind. Day in, day out, every single day without fail. My life is wonderful because you are with me, you make me happy even if I feel sad and low. Your smile lightens up my life and all the darkness disappear. Your love has made me crazy." He peeks on the girl reaction before adding, 

"I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to. I know you're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. Let's dance together at our wedding, shall we?" 

And, with that Eunha hugs her boyfriend as tears start rolling on his cheeks. "I do!" She screamed as she tighten the hug. 

End of Flashback 

Eunha nods slowly as she heard the story. She then furrow her eyebrows and took a glance at her husband who was sweetly smiling, reminiscing the moment. 

"But, why necklace? You could've bought me ring, right?" 
"I did. Soon after. I was going to tease you about it at first. By saying that I've already gave a ring on the first day I asked you to be my girlfriend. So, that's why I proposed you with a necklace." Eunha let out a chuckle before her face drop when she couldn't feel anything around her neck. 

"Where's the necklace?" She panicky look at Jungkook. He let out a long sigh and shrugged his shoulder. 

"I've tried to find it but I couldn't. That day when you got into an accident, you weren't wearing it, so I'm not sure where did you put it." 

Eunha furrowed her eyebrows even more as she stares deeply at Jungkook. 

"Are you sure you've tell me everything, Jungkook? Is there anything that you're trying to keep away from me? How come I carelessly put it away if I cherished it that much?" She tried to questioned him. He swallowed, avoiding her stares. 

"I guess I was right after all. Something did happened, huh?"

***

"Namjoon oppa has prepared everything for me. Now, I just have to wait for the official paperwork." Umji smiles toward Yoongi who is still rubbing his forehead. 

"What paperwork?" His tone show how much he is confused right now. 

"It's for the apartment. My new apartment." She said, still curving a smile for him. 
"You'll be staying in a apartment? But what about your old house? It has been empty for years." 
"It was too big for me. I don't think I can live there alone."
"Hmmm... If that's what you want then I don't think I can hold onto you anymore." He then stands, walk up to the counter to pay, leaving the girl alone on the table. Not too long after, he walks again toward her, with a smile on his face. 

"Just remember to call me once you need help." He winked.

***

Eunha let out a loud sigh. Curiousity slowly starts killing her. They were already on their way back to their apartment but Jungkook still would not tell her what have happened on that accident night.

"Hey. Mind if I ask something?" She turn to her husband who was driving. 

"Nope. Absolutely no, Eunha." 
"Hmmm... sorry if I sound offensive."

"No, no. It's totally fine." He tried to curve a smile even though he heard her insulting tone. 

"Well, you know what? I'm not sure if I have told you this before but I kinda had plan the way I wanted to lead my life. I used to have my own dream. And, as far as I remember getting married at 24 is not on the list. So... I'm kind of wondering..." She made a pause as he gave a doleful look toward her. 

"Yes?" 
"Why did I marry you, Jungkook?" 

He took a glance at her as the car stop for the red light. It hurts him to see the bright eyes that full of affection like years ago was not there anymore. All he can see now is just blank, empty eyes. 


Ps: why Eunha why? 😭😭

On the side note, I definitely can't imagine if I were to be Eunha, waking up someday to realise that my favourite group, BTS and Gfriend has disband 😭😭 I feel you girl 😫