Confession

House of card: Her

Please listen to Really by Song Joongki for a better experience 😁 


Eunha entered the house with an awful and bitter feeling overwhelming her. She knew that it wasn't hurt or perhaps that wasn't what she think it was since as far as she could remember, she never liked her husband in a romantic way. And, don't even start to talk about love because as a 15 years old girl, she definitely experience nothing close to it. 

She wasn't really sure what the feeling was but her heart now ached whenever she think of him. 

She stepped into their bedroom. She stared onto the furnitures, the bed and the sofa. She will greatly miss them. Everything was good while it lasted. These few days, she felt as if she finally could accepted him and totally feel comfortable around him. Though it might sound strange, she surprisingly had even imagined herself spending the rest of her life with him, even as 15 years old her, in case she would never regain her memories back. 

'He used to sleep there.' She thought as she look at the sofa. 

'We used to stay up and talk for the whole night together.' She caressed the bed cover. 

She took the large suitcase situated on the side of her bed and stacked every clothes that she could grab. She then opened one of the drawer and her eyes caught on the red book that was kept in it. She took the book and slip it into the front pocket of the bag.  

'I might need this as well.' 

To be honest, from the day Jungkook handed her the diary until now, she wasn't giving any attention to the contents as she thought everything will be explained either by Jungkook or  her friends. Plus, she was too busy thinking about something else, that in actuality doesn't even matter as much as the dreadful nightmare was to her. 

As she pulled her bag to the front door, she heard a sound from the door being unlocked. She stood still as a figure in front of her widened his eyes, puzzled by the situation. 

Everything then went blur for her. She can't remember what she said or even the way she said it. The next thing that she realised was Jungkook shaking his head in dismay.  

"No... That cant possibly be me... I wouldn't-"

She blinked a few time, trying to process everything. 

"Yes, it's you." She managed to said the words out loud. 

"We were taking a stroll at a park happily when suddenly a hand appear." She shut her eyes deeply over the painful thought.

"W-what?" 

A confuse expression crossed Jungkook's face. He blinked as he inadvertently wait for Eunha to drop the bomb. She then opened her eyes and glared furiously at him. 

"And, that girl's hand tugged you away, and you followed her! You freaking followed her, Jungkook!" She screamed her lung out.

"It's a nightmare Eunha! It's just a nightmare. What part of that sentence that you don't understand?" 
"No! It was you who won't understand! I was begging for you, pleading so that you would stay but..." Her voice start to tremble and disappointment was well written on her face.

"You left." 

Both of her eyes start to form a pool of tears and she gnawed on her lower lips to stop the tears from trickling down. 

Jungkook looked away as he recognise the winced, pain expression. It was the same expression that Eunha had a month ago, a week prior to the accident. His lips pressed tight, and he shut his eyes for a moment. 

"I'm sorry." 

And, that was the last words that Jungkook could uttered before Eunha walked through the door and slammed it on his face. 

Jungkook then hurriedly grab his phone, dialling the only number that come into his mind at the moment. 

"Hello, Yerin noona? Yes, it's Jungkook. I'm sorry to call you late at night but I need your help." 

***

Yerin sprinted toward their old house as soon as she got the call from Jungkook. The house has been untenanted for some years ever since their parents move out to Suncheon. 

As she arrived, the first thing that she saw was a sight of Eunha hugging her knees and rocking herself at their front garden. She let out a sigh, knowing the only one who had the key to the house tywas her. 

"Eunha-yah." She called with her soft voice. 

Eunha lifted up her head, rushed to her sister and quickly pulled her into hug. 

"It's okay." Yerin said as she patted her sister's head. Her shoulder was already drenched with Eunha's tears. 

"Everything will be just fine, Eunha." Her sob went louder as Yerin tighten the hug. 

***

The next morning, Jungkook woke up to a katalk sound of his phone. He squinted over the text and sighed in relief as Yerin reassured him that Eunha is in a good hands. He then arched his eyebrow, trying to recall how and at what time does he drifted off onto the couch. He clearly remember that he couldn't get a wink of sleep last night. He sent about twenty texts to Yerin yet the girl never replied any of it. Not until this morning. 

He massaged his temple as he rested his head on top of the couch. He eagerly peek on another katalk sound, but to his despair, this time it was his manager, Mr Kang instead, asking where could have he disappeared to, since it is already 9 in the morning. With a heavy step, he then headed to the bathroom, forcing himself to get ready for his job even on the day he doesn't feel like doing so. 

***

Yerin put a bowl of porridge on the dining table. She eyed her sister as the girl pull the sit with one of her hand still keenly holding the aching side. 

"Does it still hurt?" Eunha weakly made a single nod. 
"A bit." 

"I don't feel like eating, unnie." She protested and pushed away the bowl in front of her. 

"But, you need to. Jungkook will be so devastated if he find out that you skip your meal." 
"Please stop talking about him unnie." She winced over the name. 

"Eunha-yah..." Yerin heaved a sigh as she stared onto her weary face. 

"You heard your doctor, right? Maybe it was just a false memory after all." 
"No. I know it's not unnie." 
"But, Jungkook is not that kind of person. He-" 
"Unnie." Eunha cut her off with a firm voice.

"I know. I had a difficult time to accept it as well. But, until I actually got the answer to all those nightmares, I don't think I can ever forgive him."
"Eunha-yah..."
"Don't you think it's weird unnie? Even if my mind couldn't remember him, my heart should be."

Yerin was loss at words. She tried to think of something, to defend her brother in law, but all she can think about now is the possibility of all of this actually happened in the past. 

"Perhaps, that's the very reason I never feel anything when I saw him on the first day I woke up from my coma. He felt so distant for someone who supposed to be the love of my life." 

***

"She's with me. At our cafe." 

All eyes on Jungkook as he quickly packed his things as soon as he submitted all the reports needed for today. He was able to catch some grumbles came from his colleagues, complaining on his unprofessional behaviour. He ignored them anyway. It was already 6.15, one hour past his working hours, so he doesn't see the reason why he was not allowed to leave. 

Plus, there is something more important that he need to settle, that he need to handle, above everything else. He took another glance towards the text message send by Yerin and hurriedly jog to his car, leaving the building. 

***

"Who said that I need this?" Eunha threw the necklace to his face.

Jungkook's eyes flickered, taken aback by her indifference. They were standing outside the cafe and Jungkook was aware with a few pair of eyes that intensely staring at them. 

He then calmly pick up the necklace that fall on the ground and hold to it dearly. 

"Now that I saw your true self, I don't need that anymore, Jeon Jungkook." She sneered. 

"You..." 
"What do you think you are doing now?" Jungkook asked in despair. 

He fixed his gaze at her, trying to figure out her thoughts at the moment. But, neither he was a mind reader, nor he has some psychic power to do so. He was no more than a normal guy who tried his best to save his shattered marriage. 

"Sometimes the truth is hard to hear. But, I'm pretty sure I have clearly expressed myself. Let's went separate way."
"You what? Are you going to keep acting disrespectful like this?" 

Eunha flinched as Jungkook start to raise his voice. It was the first. She never saw that side of Jungkook before. He then let out a deep breath, as Eunha ignored his question. 

"I've reminded you that whatever you had in your mind is not true, didn't I? Your doctor had contacted me and I know it's hard to believe but trust me Eunha. I have nothing to do with the thing that you saw in your dream. I'm even not sure why did you had that dream in the first place." His voice become softer with time and Eunha looked away as she heard dejection in his tone. 

"Don't you think it is quite weird and pretty stupid for me to walk away from you when a hand grab me out of nowhere? Without even looking back at you and stuff?" 

Eunha took a quick glance at her husband and a glimpse of sincerity was visible in his eyes as he explained himself. And, of course she hated it even more. She feel disgusted with the person in front of her considering only God and 24 years old Eunha knows what have happened between them before but in the same time she can't help but not to feel sorry for the guy as well. 

"Please... this is why you should remember Eunha. I would never do such a thing to you." His voice start to crack and his eyes glistened. 

"I'm not sure why do I have to remember if it only brings pain. I don't want to do it anymore!" She exploded. She bummed her face onto her hand, hiding the tears streaming down her face. 

"Give me... some time to sort this out. I know it sounds strange... and absurd... but I don't think I can put my trust on you now." Those are the words that he was able to catch through her sobs. 

***

"Have a shot." Jin put a small glass of soju in front of the younger. 

After the argument that they had at Taehyung's cafe, Jungkook roamed aimlessly from the place. The next thing he realised was Jin welcoming him into his house with a hug. The latter had heard everything from their cliques and he can't help but to feel bad for the younger. 

Jungkook took a glance at the glass before politely rejected him with a faint smile. 

"Since the day of the accident, I have promise myself to only drink whenever I'm happy. Alcohol is a poison when you're sad." 
"Jungkook-ah... are you sure you're okay?" 

Jungkook blew out a heavy breath with the question. He knows he's not. But, he hated to admit it so he curved another tiny smile as he replied, 

"I will be." 

***

Hoseok ruffled his hair out of annoyance as he stared at the text from Jin. He punched a number and waited patiently for the person at the other end to pick up. 

"Hyung. We need to talk." 

***

Yoongi rush to Taehyung's cafe as soon as he done performing in one of the prestige cancer institute in Seoul. He was bewildered with the wild accusation at first, but upon hearing regarding Eunha and Jungkook's argument, it certainly increased his suspicion over it. 

"That's ridiculous, Hoseok-ah." He said as he sipped on his coffee. He glanced with the corner of his eyes on the gloomy Eunha that was standing at the counter with Taehyung before continuing, 

"That girl has been in love with Jungkook since forever. I'm pretty sure it was just Jimin imagining things again." His gaze calmly met Hoseok's distressed face. 

"No, hyung. You don't understand this. You heard that Eunha moved out from their apartment two days ago, right?" Hoseok asked in almost a whisper as he realised the girl's eyes were on them. 

"She was having a rough time to adapt. That's why. She'll be fine soon, Hoseok. Our Jungkook will figure out the way." He tried to denied although deep down inside he do realised that there is something different with the way Eunha is behaving around him lately. And, he's certainly not dumb to not being able to catch that up. 

Their attention then diverted to Jungkook who dash into the cafe, huffing as he said, 

"Let's talk." To Eunha. 

***

Eunha crossed her arms, her eyes trailed on Yoongi instead of her husband who keep explaining things that she refused to listen. 

She eyed the guy as he walked out from the cafe, waiting for Hoseok who was still inside for his takeaway coffee. 

A few moment after, Jungkook was dumbfounded as Eunha instinctively walked from him, towards Yoongi who was standing in front of the shop's window. 

"Eunha-yah." Jungkook called with his soft voice as the girl's focus was now on Yoongi. 

Eunha took the last glance at her husband before fixing his gaze at Yoongi who was still trying to analyse things that happened before his eyes now. He furrowed his eyebrows as Eunha suddenly uttered, 

"Oppa. Today will be our first day together as lover, okay?" 

Hoseok was just finished picking up his coffee cup and was going toward Yoongi when he accidentally overheard the conversation. He unconsciously spat out his coffee as his ear caught on the confession.

"Oh gosh. What are we going to do with Jungkook?" 


Ps: Please don't kill me.

Pss: Err... I just want to remind my dear readers of why does this story titled as House of Cards: Her. You might want to read the translation of House of Cards by BTS to understand what's going on hehe