Soulmates

House of card: Her


Today was Umji's new apartment house warming party so she can't be more excited as she got to see her old friends. 'It is great to see the others again after a few years I've lost contact with them.' 

When Umji moved out to Japan, it was not just her who went away, she abruptly cuts off all the connection that she had in Korea. They were surprised with her act, but they wanted to understand her more so they did nothing about it. Since then, they have been receiving news about her either from Sowon or her brother, Namjoon. 

"Where do I put this one?" Yoongi poked his head from the kitchen's cabinet. He was holding a big plate of Sicilian spaghetti with his gummy smile. Umji just point out to the big table situated in the living room silently. 

"You cook this by yourself? You know how to cook? This is amazing!" Yoongi said as he devours the spaghetti. Umji just shook her head in disbelief, looking at the hungry Yoongi. 

"You should've wait for the others, oppa." 
"Well, my stomach can't stop growling so if you had to put a blame on something, blame this." He rubs his tummy. Umji giggles as he mischievously smiles at her. 

"Are you really sure you went to Japan for modelling and not cooking?" He tried to come with a joke. But to his surprise, the situation becomes dull with the question. Umji looks dolefully at him and said,

"I have to learn if I want to survive, oppa."
"But, you lived with your parents back in Japan, right? As far as I know, they hired a maid to help around." Yoongi arched his eyebrow in confusion.

"I... didn't live with them oppa. I lived alone." 

***

Eunha crossed her arm as she heard the invitation. If it was not because all the exhaustion that she got to face this few days, perhaps she would've said yes when she heard about the party. But, she was just too tired to think of anything so she lazed around her bed as she take a look of Jungkook who is getting ready. 

"You should wear t shirt with sweatshirt more. You look quite cute in them." She said as she observed him. He just turn her compliment with a sweet smile. 

"Aren't you coming? You're going to miss all the excitement." 
"What excitement? I can't remember them anyway, so what's the point of going there?" She groans of the fact that she will meet some strangers. 

"Well.... Umji is there."
"Daa... it was her house warming party, of course she'll be there. I was talking about the others. I will definitely failed to recognise more than half of them." 

Jungkook sit in silent for a while before he continued. 

"You know Taehyung hyung. And your unnie will also be there."
"Who else?" She ask, uninterested. 

"Yoongi hyung? You've met him, right?" 

Her expression immediately turns brighter. 

***

Eunha widened her eyes as she tasted the chocolate cake. 

"This is so good!" She whispered to her husband. 

"I've told you that you will miss the excitement if you didn't come." He giggles. 

"Well, thank you for dragging me here then husband." 

A wry smile curved on Jungkook face as he moved towards the smaller table at the corner. 

"I'll go get you some drinks." Eunha just nod as she took another bite of the cake. 'Ouf! I can't get enough of this.' 

She then took a look around the house. The party was full of several people consist of their high school cliques and also some of Umji's model friends. And just like she said she would, she cannot recognise most of them. Except for Umji, Yoongi, her sister and her brother in law, everyone looks like a stranger. So, in order to make situation less awkward, she just bowed down her head to whoever bow to her and replied a hug of those who hugs her. It is as simple as that. 

She eyed Jungkook as he talks to one of the people who attended the party. She did not know that person but somehow she could have guessed that they have some special connection considering how Jungkook treats him and laughs with him. 

It has been only a week or so since she has been staying with the guy, but she already could grasp what kind of guy Jungkook is. The kind of shy, quiet guy who keeps most of the thing to himself. So, if that guy could lock his arm around her husband and poked his torso in order to , he maybe was a very good friend of him. 

She quickly look away as she saw he was approaching her with the guy that he has been having conversation with. 

"Hey." The guy said. He looks quite small compared to her husband. She just smiles at him and bowed down. 

"Hello." She replied. 

"Do I know him?" She whispered to Jungkook. He nods frantically as he wanted to introduce the guy but the guy put up his hand, signalling he will do the favour. 

"I'm Jimin. You might've heard about me from the others. I'm Jungkook's friend." 
"Oh hi!" She smiles brightly. 

"How should I address him?" She continued whispering at Jungkook. Somehow it irks Jimin to see that so he cleared his throat to reminded them, he is still there.

"Err... I'm sorry. But, if you haven't heard about it yet, I lose some memory due to a car crash." 

Jimin burst out laugh as he saw her apologetic face. 

"I know that, silly! We were quite a buddy back in high school. I was known for being a midget guy and you a midget girl!" Jimin exclaimed while laughing out loud. Jungkook laugh as well but Eunha couldn't grab the joke so she just furrow her eyebrows instead. 'What is so funny about that?' She thought to herself. 

"Oh really? Great then." She said indifferently. Jimin realises her tone so he stop laughing and smile at her. 

"How are you doing these days?"
"Fine." She said, still uninterested. 
"I'm glad you are then. We were so worried of you when we heard the news. But, I believe you'll be in your best state as long as Jungkook at your side." 

She looks at Jungkook who is sheepishly smiling. They were then surprised by Taehyung and another guy who come and grab Jungkook and Jimin from behind. 

"Hey jk!" The guy said while Taehyung and Jimin fist bump each other. 

Eunha looks away as she felt the tense of their stares.

"Hey, jesu-shi." The other guy and Taehyung said in unison. She just smiled and bowed down to both of them. 

"I'm Jin. I knew you wouldn't remember me." The guy said. 
"Oh yeah. Now that I remember, Jungkook used to talk about you guys." She finally remembers that Jungkook used to show her some pictures of her high school friends and those names were included in the story.

"They were older than me so to answer your question just now you should called them oppa." Jungkook cut in. She blinks innocently and nods. 

They then talks about how they met and things that happen in high school. Jimin also told her about his current life. He and Hoseok opened up a dance academy invested by their parents in order to make a living. Both Sinb and Yuju are the official dance instructor, Sinb chose contemporary dance and ballet for Yuju. As for Jin, he become associate at his father's law firm. 

As Eunha heard their story, she starts to wonder. All of their friends lead quite a simple life. But then why does Jungkook is struggling himself to make ends meet? Is it because his parents is not that well off in the first place? That is when it hits her. They always talk about the story of how they meet and stuffs that happens in high school but she never have a chance to get to  know exactly what kind of person Jungkook was. 

***

All of the boys were lost in their own conversations so Eunha thought she should excused herself from the place. Not long after, Taehyung trailed her as she stops at the corner of the table to tried a pizza. 

"I guess people in future know exactly how to work with their recipes. This pizza is great as well!" She talks to herself. Taehyung laugh as he finds that she resembles his wife a lot. 

"You are really Yerin's sister." He took the last piece of pizza and shove it into his mouth. 
"You're such a glutton, Eunha." He continued. 

"Well, my sister is worse." She shrugged her shoulder. Taehyung nods as he completely agree with the statement. 

"Totally!" He high fives her. Eunha let out a chuckle. Somehow, Taehyung has this aura that make her comfortable around him. She undeniably feels deep weird connection with the guy. 

"Hey oppa." She called. 
"Yeah?"
"Are we closed friend back in high school?" 

Taehyung swallowed and look around, putting on his thinking cap. 

"Hmmm... Not really. Your sister hated me to death during high school, so it makes you despised me as well."
"But, I somehow feel comfortable around you, oppa." She grins. Taehyung looks at her with a sweet smile. 

"Well, that's great Eunha. You could  think of me as your brother if you want." 
"I am!" She widen her smile. Her eyes then turn even brighter when she saw a figure she has been dying to meet for past few day. 

At one corner of the room, near the kitchen, Yoongi was seen having a conversation with Umji. They were laughing happily at each other and Eunha can feel there is a tinge of jealousy deep down inside. 

"What about him then? Do I have some special connection with Yoongi oppa?" She pointed to the guy.

"Err... I don't think so Eunha. As far as I concern, Yoongi hyung doesn't have any other female friend except Umji."
"Ah... no wonder he has been staring at her in such a way."
"What way?" 
"I don't know. Affection I guess."

Taehyung let out an awkward laugh as he took a glance at the pair. 

"Hmm... to be truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with each other." 
"Why did you say that?" There is dejection in her tone. 

"Well... let's just say they were kind of a..." He took a paused to find a suitable word to match the couple.

"Hmm?" Eunha tilts her head, his words making her more confused.

Taehyung was doing a thinking position for a while before smiling broadly as the word flash onto his mind. 

"Soulmate would have been a correct word to use."


Ps: double update! Yeayyyy~~~ haha it was just supposed to be only one chapter but I find it too long so why not split it into two chapter instead? 😏

And yeah, I'm sorry I forgot to mention this. Jesu is a way to address your sister in law (wife of your younger brother). That is the reason why they called Eunha Jesu-shi, considering she is Jungkook's wife. Although to be fair, Taehyung should not addressed her so because he was actually husband of Yerin, so he should call her Cheoje, which was the correct way of addressing your wife younger sister.

Well who cares anyway, right? We all come for the story, not for some unnecessary fun fact. Lol.