Only then

House of card: Her

Jungkook hurried to the place as he got the text from Umji. He has been trying to reach Eunha but neither would she pick up her phone nor reply to his text and that frustrated him more. 

As he arrived, the first thing that he saw was Eunha laughing and cheering on Yoongi with the girls. 

That's when he glimpsed at the eyes that he thought he would never saw again throughout his life, the eyes that he missed the most. The eyes that once his. But, now are looking fixedly on Yoongi. 

And, those eyes... were full of affection. 

He then dash into the place, ignoring the others, grab Eunha's wrist and drag the puzzled girl with him.

"What the? Jungkook?"

***

The atmosphere inside the car was so awkward with both of them ignoring each other. Jungkook breaths unsteadily as he tried to suppress his anger. 

And, Eunha could sensed that. She just decided to ignore him because for her, at this point, she was the one with every rights to rage. 

As they arrived to their apartment, Eunha tried to open her door but Jungkook manage to grab her hand, stopping her from doing so. 

She could see his eyes quivering as she glared intensely at him. 

"Are you perhaps... have feelings for Yoongi hyung?" He voiced out. 

"And what if I say I am?" She scoffs. Jungkook widened his eyes in disbelief as he heard the statement. His eyes were fixed on her, trying to figure out the situation. 

"What's wrong with you?" He blurted out. He gritted his teeth to control his emotion. He can feel his heart shatters into pieces when he glazed at Eunha's sour face. 

"You... you're my wife, Eunha." There was clear pained in both his words and expression. 

"Not until I recover my memories back." She sneered as she smashed the car door. 

In an instant, a flash of memory come to him. 

Flashback 

It was 4 in the morning. Jungkook sat on his bed, his eyes were on the alarm clock on the side of the table. On his left, Eunha was seen packing her bag, shoving all her clothes into the small luggage. He could only sighed as he took a glance of his wife. 

Eunha then quickly pulled her luggage towards the door. Jungkook tried to stop her as he hold tightly on her arm, shaking his head, unwilling to let her leave. 

"Can't you at least wait until the sun comes up?" Eunha fixed her gaze on him, emotionless. She tried to pull away but Jungkook tighten his grip even more. That's when she breath out heavily as she glared furiously at her husband. 

"Don't you dare put the blame on me, Jungkook!" She exploded and yanked her arm. Jungkook's perplexed face showed how confused he was at the moment. 

"What do you mean? No, I'm not-" 
"Oh gosh. Stop." She cut him off. 

"You know what? I'm so sick of you playing victim. Guess what? Let's just end this now." She tried to walk away from the apartment, but he desperately grasp on to the luggage. 

"No! What do you mean by end? We can't come to an end Eunha. Not us!" His face was wrenched with pain, and his eyes full of remorseful misery. 

"And why can't we? I don't see any problem with it." Despite the bitter words, there was clear regret written on her face. 

"Eunha-yah..."
"Don't speak my name with such a dirty mouth of yours!"

She then put her face in her hand to hide the despair it would show. She let out a loud sigh as she confronted Jungkook. 

"Please. I need a break from all this. Just..." She made a paused, tears start to trickle on her cheeks. There is no way she could suppress the dejection filled in her. 

"Let me go." 

End of Flashback 

Jungkook shut his eyes deeply as the last word echoes in his mind. 

***

"Hey oppa. Everything's fine?"

Jungkook stared at the text as he took a sit on the couch at their living room. Eunha was inside the room, probably taking a shower. Not that he didn't care. He just wanted to give her some spaces due to their argument just now. 

He rest his head on top of the couch as he let out a loud sigh. He tried to think of some excuses for his actions but unfortunately he can't think of any for the moment. 

"Yes. Sorry that I kinda act like a jerk just now." 

"No it's alright. But really. Everything's fine, right?" 

"Yes." 

Jungkook let out another sigh as he send the last text. He perhaps need someone to talk this over but he knows that the person would not be Umji. 

***

Eunha went out of the room carrying two pillows and one big blanket. She looks at him, unblinking, as he stared back, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"What are you doing?" He quizzically look at her. 

"Sleep."
"What?"
"Well, we have two rooms in this house. I see no problem if we use one room for each of us, right?" 

Jungkook look away in despair as Eunha walks toward the guest room. She then turns toward him as she sighs, 

"Look. I'm not mad at you. I just feel bad for the fact that you have to sleep on the sofa every night. I'm not sure how do you sleep without it hurting your back. That's all." 

He nods lightly as she bid him goodnight. 

***

"Have a seat. Your unnie probably couldn't make it today. She had a meeting with a very important buyer." Taehyung smiled sweetly as he walks to the counter for her hot chocolate. 

Eunha decided that in order to disclosed the secret behind the necklace, she should asked around regarding it. And the first name that comes to her mind was Taehyung. 

She breaths out slowly as Taehyung passed her the hot chocolate. She curved a very sweet smile as she uttered,

"Oh it's okay. I wanted to talk to you anyway."
"You do? This is great! Brother-sister in law time!" 

Eunha let out a chuckle as he high-fives her . She then took a deep breath, trying to collect her courage. 

"Hmmm oppa?" 
"Yes?"
"Do you know anything about a necklace?"
"Necklace? What necklace?"
"The necklace that Jungkook used to propose to me. He told me that he proposed me with a necklace."

Taehyung scrunched up his nose, putting on his thinking cap, trying to recall something. He then smacked his forehead as he exclaimed,

"Oh ya he did! I'm sorry for being such a grandpa. Well, what about it Eunha?"
"I... actually come to ask you regarding the necklace. And also things that happen between me and Jungkook the night before the accident. Do you happened to know anything about it?"

***

Eunha sat in deep thought inside a cab. She chose to ride a cab as she scared that Jungkook will find out about her meeting with Taehyung. She let out a loud sigh as she recalled the conversation that they had just now. 

Flashback 

"Hmmm... I'm not sure though Eunha. And, I don't think even Yerin knows about it. Ever since both of you got married, you quit from the cafe. You also barely come to visit us anymore. Most of the time, you'll spend your time at your apartment, waiting for Jungkook to come home. Hmmm.... but...."

She fixed her eyes on him, unblinking. Filled with curiosity, she urged him to continue. 

"But?"
"Well... you do look different a week prior to the accident. You look gloomy and not as cheerful as usual. Your parents and your sister tried to figure out what could've happen between you two but you refuse to answer our questions." 

Taehyung let out a deep sigh as he saw Eunha was zoning out. 

"If you're really curious of what've happened, maybe the only one you could ask is Jungkook, Eunha. Though I doubt he'll talk about it. That guy is such a loser when it comes to feeling. He barely talk about his own feeling to others." 

End of Flashback 
 
Eunha shut her eyes tightly, refusing to think of anything. She then look through the car window as she thought, 'what are you so afraid of Jungkook? What is this thing that you're desperately trying to keep away from me?'

***

Jungkook woke up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty. He feels a pair of eyes were intensely staring at him and he jolted as he realise Eunha was standing in front of the door. The girl walks weakly toward him as he sat on the bed, rubbing his eyes. He bob his head slightly at her, silently questioning what is going on. But, she only stared at him, refusing to talk. He then pat the bed as he smiled to his wife. 

"Come." His voice is tired and his eyes were still half opened but his calm and soothing smile made she feel warm in the inside. 

"I... can't sleep." She said as she sit with him. 

"I woke up from some nightmare and now I can't sleep." 
"Nightmare?" 
"Yes. I guess I was just too tired. I don't want to talk about it now though." Jungkook nods as he wrapped his hands on her shoulders. 

"Okay. Let's talk about it tomorrow then." He calmly smile at her. 

"Do you want me to help you to sleep?" 
"Can you?" 
"Hmmm... let's see. You usually love listening to my voice every night before you go to bed."
"I do?"

Wordlessly, he start to sing her favourite lullaby. 

The way to love me isn't hard
Just hold me tight like you are now
We don't know what will happen to us later
But I like that nothing's decided
 
Who cares what others say?
We can't live without each other, so what's the problem?
We can be more in love together
 
If you start to like someone else
If I get used to not being with you
When that time comes, when it's that time
Only then we can break up
 
The way to love you isn't hard
If I smile once more and care for you more
The way we love isn't hard
If we look at each other like it's the first time every time
 
Who cares what others say?
We can't live without each other, so what's the problem?
We can be more in love together
 
If you start to like someone else
If I get used to not being with you
When that time comes, when it's that time
Then, then
 
Whether you want it or not, I'm going to hold onto you
When I get too tired that I can't even walk
When that time comes, when it's that time
Only then we can break up
Only then we can break up

And, as he finished the song, tears roll on her cheeks as she heard the lyrics. 

"W-what's wrong?" He ask, puzzled. 

"Why did you chose this song for her lullaby? It's extremely depressing." She weeps. 

"She? Oh you mean 24 years old Eunha? She's the one who chose this song anyway." He let out a chuckle as he wiped out the tears on her cheeks. 

"She must've love you a lot. The words in the lyrics portray how much she doesn't want to be separated from you."

Jungkook sat in deep silent before curving a bright smile. 

"I guess so." 

He then stands and walk to the sofa as he tug the blanket over her body. 

"Where are you going?" She said as as she snuggles into the warm cover. He silently point out to the sofa with a cheeky smile. 

"No. You're not sleeping there tonight. Come." She rolled to one side, giving him some space for the bed. 

He hesitated at first, not sure if this was crossing the lines. However, he can't denied how much he wanted to bummed his body to the bed as he just come back from the office approximately 2 hours ago. 

He then slipped under the cover, facing her. He wanted to turn away but Eunha hold his shoulder, insisting he should stay with that position. 

"Now, tell me something about you."  

Ps: I swear the idea did not come from the song but you'll be jungshook once you see the correlation between the song and this story. 

Unless if you are still oblivious about it, yes. I'm throwing out hints in the air~ haha~ 😘 

Pss: Guys. Please show your support more by clicking the votes button, okay? 😭 those votes and comments from you guys certainly inspired me to continue this story 😭😭😭😭