Green Onions

House of card: Her

This was the hardest update of all. I was hesitating whether I should made an update today because of lack of time but somehow I feel that it would be unfair to you my lovely readers, so... yeah. Enjoy 😁😁😁😁


"ACHOO!" 

Jungkook turns his head towards Eunha. He was driving, on the way back home after the party. He wanted to stay at Umji's to help around but she advise him to bring Eunha home as she saw her exhausted face. 

"Are you okay?" 
"Yeah. I'm sorry for not listening to you when you ask me to dress warmly just now." She answered, feeling guilty as she remember how Jungkook was continuously nagging at her for putting on a v-neck line blouse with a pair of jeans. 

"I've told you the weather is still a little bit on the cold side, right?" 
"But, it is already spring! Back in 2009-"
"Well, it's not. It's 2018." He cuts her off with a coy smile. She rolled her eyes at him and smashed the car door as soon as they arrived at their apartment. He quickly run after her, slipping her frail body with his large sweatshirt, his hand on her shoulders as he sweetly smile.

"Let's go. You said you're tired, right?"

Eunha still cannot get the hang of the way her husband's mind work but her lips twitches up as she realised the amount of love the guy poured for her. 

"Well, 24 years old Eunha is so lucky to have a great husband by her side." She murmured very slowly as they waits for the elevator. 

Jungkook then inhaled deeply as her words caught his ears. 

"Enough with the 24 years old Eunha talk, will you? There's only one Eunha in my eyes." 

With that one remarked, Eunha furrow her eyebrows, suddenly feeling disgusted with him. 

"Eww."

And, the ride inside the elevator was filled with laughter. 

***

The next morning, Jungkook's deep sleep was awaken to a burning smell. He quickly rolled up from his sofa and rush to the kitchen. 

"What happened?" He lift his eyebrows toward Eunha as he realise the whole house was filled with smoke. As he saw her being confused as well, he quickly went to the living room to open up the windows. 

"Fuh! What is this Eunha?" He yelled from the living room, trying to get rid of the smoke by flapping his hand in the air. Eunha comes, her eyes won't meet him as she said in a very slow voice, 

"I'm sorry." 

She put the burnt pan with something unrecognisable inside it in front of him, looking apologetically. 

"I wanted to make a breakfast. For you." 

His eyes locked into her for a very few seconds before he frantically laugh at her innocent. 

"Well, you could've woke me up." He said as he wiped up tears from laughing too much. 

"I feel bad when I saw your tired face. Plus, I wanted to learn how to cook." The sentence somehow earn another loud laugh from Jungkook. 

He was having the time of his life when all she could do is blinking innocently at him before realising she has been ridiculed by her own husband. And as usual, she protruded her lips cutely, crossed her arms and furiously stared at the guy. 

"Whatever." She then bummed herself at the couch, grab the tv remote and press the power button. 

Jungkook who saw her hostile face,  curve a sweet smile for his wife as he walks to the kitchen.

"Come. I'll teach you." 

***

Umji was exhausted, to say the least. She has been memorising abundance of legal jargon to protect herself for fear of a incoming lawsuit from the company. 

It was not because she did not appoint an attorney to do the job, in fact she did hired one, but she wanted to prepare herself for the worst, so she unnecessarily works herself into the grave. 

She heard some knocks so she leaves her laptop wide open and lazily walks to the door. As she saw Jin was looking confusedly at her, staring into her bloodshot eyes, she welcomed him inside, curving a bright smile. 

"Are you... okay, Umji?" He asked, anxiously. 

"Yeah. I guess so. Let's get it over fast, oppa. I need to get my old life back." 

***

"And, after you drizzle some sesame oil on top of it and add the anchovy stock, all you had to do is covered it and cooked over medium heat for 10 minutes." Jungkook instructed Eunha. She nods silently, obeying him. 

When she told him her intention to learn how to cook, Jungkook gladly opened up a book of recipes that was kept on one the kitchen's cabinet. It was hers. And, Eunha instantly recognise it from her neat handwriting. 

However, nothing comes to her head as she flips up through the pages so he choose the simplest dish of all. The legendary kimchi stew. 

"Are you sure this was my best dish?" She frowns as she stares on the simmering stew. Jungkook just nods as he leans himself on the kitchen table. 

"Are we done now?" She stares innocently at him. He shook his head lightly while smiling sweetly at her. 

"Not yet." He said with his honeyed voice. 
"There's a little bit more things to do. Now, let's cut up the green onions into small pieces." He continued as he pointed out towards the green onions near the sink. Eunha quickly grab them and put them on the chopping board. 

He then burst out laugh as he saw how awkward Eunha was as she weirdly handled the knife and cut off the green onion in a such an odd way. 

"No. Not like that, silly! Let me show you how to do it."

He then moves toward her and grips her hand like he would always do. At first, she was startled when she feels Jungkook's hand on hers, trying to demonstrate the correct way to chop off a green onion. But, something about it made her feel warmed on the inside, so she decided to just let him be. 

Not long after, as he realised he was a little too close for comfort, he quickly detached away. 

"Errr... I didn't mean to..." 
"To what?" She said with her mischievous smile. 

***

Yoongi dashes to Umji's apartment as he read the text that Jin send him. He know quite well that Jin would not jokes on something like that so just the thought of it frustrated him more. He took a deep breath before putting some force on his knocks as he realised no one is responding to them. 

Umji rubs her eyes as she heard the knocks. She groaned slightly at the thought of them disturbing her precious nap. 

"Oh oppa?" Her eyes suddenly wide open as she realise who is the figure behind the door. 

"Wanna go on a date with me?" 

***

"Wow. This is quite good." He tried to compliment her. Well, if he had to be honest, the stew was a bit bland and watery but considering it was her 'first time' and it is still edible so he said those remark in order to cheer her up. 

"It is?" She stare at him, eyes brighten with the statement. 

"Although to be fair, I could do it better."

Her face drop in an instant and she rolled her eyes to high heaven as she saw him grinning from ear to ear. 

"But why do you insist on learning how to cook? We could've start out our day with some memory exercise." He said, lifting his eyebrows, trying to change the subject. 

The question immediately reminded her of how Yoongi keep on praising Umji's cooking in front of everyone at the party last night and she grimaces over the thought of it. 

"Well simple. It's boring and I also wanted to try something new." 
"Oh really?" 
"Yes sure."

***

Umji can't take her eyes off Yoongi as they take a stroll around Gyeongsukbung. She agreed to spend the rest of her day with him even though deep down she knows that her body clearly needs a rest. 

Perhaps because she also knew, something about being with him somehow could made her feel better in every way. She continues to stare at him for a while before he realises ice cream on her hand has melted and he quickly put his handkerchief on her hand, cleaning up the messes. 

"Oh gosh Umji. Why are you so careless?" He said as he laughs at her. 
"I was staring at you. That's why."

Umji swear that she saw his cheek flushed with those words. And, she let out a chuckle which then made his cheek turn even redder. 

"Why all of a sudden, oppa?" 
"W-what?" Him stuttering show how nervous he was at the moment. She just bob slightly at him, as a signal that she wanted to know the reason behind the sudden unplanned date.

"Hmmm... I don't know. I guess I just missed how we always hang out during our school days."

Annoyed with his unsteady heart beats, he ruffles his hair, which unintentionally flashing the bracelet that she gave him 8 years ago. Smile curved on her face as she clung onto his arm and said, 

"Yes. I miss you too oppa."

***

Both of Yoongi and Umji were waiting for their bungeoppang at one of the stalls nearby the park. It was Umji's favourite, so when Yoongi saw a line of people queuing up for it, he immediately drag her to the place. 

She was humming to her earphone when Yoongi tilts his head, peeking at her with a concerned face. 

"Hmmm... are you sure you're okay? You look tired recently." 
"What do you mean recently? Sowon unnie always told me that I look tired all the time." She giggles. 

However, her attempt to turn the serious atmosphere into a humorous one doesn't work so he keeps on staring at her intensely. 

"Why, Umji? You're not like this back in high school. Although you barely talks to others and only hang out with us, you look much happier than you are now." 

It hurts him to see how the world has killed her from deep within. She was not the same girl Umji used to be, the bright one who always show her bashful smile for her 'brothers.' She is now a total stranger for him. And, this new side of her somehow reminded him of someone similar. 

"Well, I guess I too... have become an adult." She said, as she try her best to curve the widest smile for him. 


Ps: Umji 😭

Pss: Who is hyped for bts comeback???  I know I am. Wohooooo~

Psss: I love bungeoppang. Teehee