Something

House of card: Her

"Yerin-ah!! Wifie~ I miss you sooooo much!" Taehyung approached his wife while shouting at top of his lungs, ignoring all the eyes at the airport that keenly looking at them.  

 

But, instead of replying his hug, Yerin eyes roamed around the place, searching for her only sister. 

 

"Where's Eunha?" She blurted out with her eyes were still all over the place. 

 

Taehyung immediately pouted and looked away in annoyance with his wife's indifference.

 

"So, I'm the only one who miss you, huh?" He whined and crossed his hands. 

 

"No... I'm serious, Taehyung. What happened to her? Why didn't you take her with you? Do you leave her alone in that house even when I've warned you not to do so?" 

 

And while Yerin was hysterically complaining on her husband's  possible negligent, two figure was seen walking with a wide smile and keep on waving their hands at her. 

 

The surprised Yerin then made a very bewildered face as she recognise those two. 

 

"Wait. Did something happened while I'm not here?" She whispered but it was unanswered as Taehyung's attention was fully on Eunha and Jungkook.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked the couple with a crooked eyebrows. 

"Is this part of your plan Taehyung?" She then turned back her attention towards her husband. 

 

But, before Taehyung could said anything, Eunha quickly replied with a smile, 

 

"It's actually a coincidence unnie. Neither of us planned this as we didn't know at what time you'll be arriving." 

"Yeah. We're actually here to send my appa. His flight just boarded about half an hour ago and that's when we saw Hyung was waiting for you here." Jungkook then continued as he gently patted Eunha's head in a lovable way. 

 

That is when Yerin couldn't hide the shocked that she hides in her as she turned towards her husband and with her big eyes she mouthed, 

 

"What the heck is happening here?"

 

***

 

Four of them headed toward the nearest cafe since Taehyung was whining about his grumbling stomach. 

 

"Oh gosh. I was so hungry I could eat everything here." He smiles cheekily toward the waiter who was waiting for their order.

 

And his unintended flirty acts earned him a slight pinch in the stomach by Yerin.

 

"Quit being a fool and start ordering my dear." She stated while looking at him fiercely. 

 

"Auc-kay. Just give me a set of fish and chips please." He said to the waiter before whispering at Yerin,

 

"Please spare me some mercy" 

 

Eunha and Jungkook were giggling  as they watched how Taehyung tried to hide the pain from Yerin's attack. 

 

"Just gave us all the same thing." Jungkook said to the waiter while trying to maintain a straight face. 

 

"So, how's your father in law?" Taehyung tried to change the mood as the waiter walked away from their table. 

 

All their eyes were now on Eunha. She blinked couple of time trying to process the situation and cleared as she sensed the awkward atmosphere.

 

"He's nice and thoughtful. Unlike the way I've pictured him." She quickly took a sip of the water in front of her to hide her red face. 

 

Yerin who realised her sister was behaving peculiarly odd, furrowed her eyebrows deeper. 

 

"Am I missing something here?" 

"You missed a lot, wifie." Taehyung showed his rectangular smile. 

 

***

 

"So, you got stab?" Yerin's big eyes widened and her jaw literally dropped open that Taehyung had to manually closed it for her. 

 

"Yeah. But, it wasn't that serious. I'll be able to remove the stitches after a few days." Jungkook nonchalantly answered but when he realised Eunha was staring at him disagreeing, he continued,

 

"It WAS serious. But, I'm okay. I really am." He playfully winked at her. 

 

"It's a relief to hear that then." Yerin nodded as she took a bite of her chips. 

 

"And, how's Umji? Her first trial?" She continued. 

 

"They said it went well. I guess there's nothing we should worry about as long as Yoongi Hyung on her side." Taehyung chimed in eagerly. 

 

Eunha flinched a bit as the name appeared in the conversation. She fixed her eyes on her dish, both her hand on her lap. That is until she felt a hand grab hers dearly. As she looked at her side, Jungkook looked back directly at her, giving her a comforting smile. 

 

And, it definitely made her feel better in an instant.

 

***

 

"The next trial is going to be a lot harder because they're going to counterattack the statement you've given in the first one."

"Yes. I am well aware of that. Thank you for the reminder, oppa." Umji flashed a sweet smile as she walked toward the fridge to offer some drink for the exhausted Jin. 

 

"Oh. Is there anything that you haven't told me yet? You know I shouldn't missed on any of the information to ensure the smoothness flow of the process, right?" Jin said as Umji put a can of coke in front of him. 

 

"I don't think there's any-" Something suddenly came to her mind that made her clammed shut for a moment. 

 

Jin who have been witnessing such occurrence with his clients before portrayed an encouragement smile, waiting for her to recall something. 

 

"It's okay Umji. Take your time." He signalled her to sit and cooled herself down. Umji took a few minutes to loosen herself up before had the courage to face Jin.

 

"I... I came back to Korea. There's this one time I ditched one of the runaways and came back here, oppa." She then quickly turned away from his gaze as the unpleasant feeling overwhelmed her once again. 

 

It disturbed and distressed her, reminding her of all unintentional cruel consequences that comes with her stupid decision. 

 

"Ah... is that so?" Jin innocently hit the information down to his small notebook. 

 

"Yeah... I was so frustrated and tired... I unknowingly fly back to Korea. It was... early in this year." 

 

Jin nodded briefly with his eyes fixed on her fidgeting hands.

 

"But, how come none of us know about this, Umji?" He spoke with his gentle voice, trying to calm her down.

 

Jin had been a brother figure for Umji for so long that he was able to sense the change in her intonation when the topic was brought up. He had suspected something must have gone wrong with the weird atmosphere that surrounded them and the way Umji deliberately left his question unattended confirmed him more. 

 

"Umji... anything else other than that?" He calmly smiled at her.

 

"No. That's all." The quiverness of her eyes was visible to him as she quietly muttered,

 

"For now, oppa..."

 

***

 

"I don't understand why do you always trying to make others underestimated your problems." Jungkook could feel Eunha's hard stares on him as he drove them home. 

 

"You know it is quite impossible for me to focus on my driving if you keep on staring at me like that, Eunha. And, why are we suddenly talking about this?" 

"Like I've said. You always tried to hide your problems from others and if they tried to help you with it, you'll try to act like there's nothing wrong at all. You do realise nothing would be solve if you keep on going being denial like that, right?" 

 

Jungkook fixed his eyes at the road and tried his best to focus as he make the last turn before entering the building. 

 

"I just want you to be happy. You... don't seemed like you do."

 

He put the car in park and pulled the hand break before he turned to his side, facing Eunha who was obviously not in a good mood. 

 

"But, I am." 

"Yeah. But, your eyes didn't sparkle the way Taehyung oppa's did whenever he looked at unnie."

 

Jungkook could feel rush of blood and surge of heat in his face. His heart pumped harder than ever as he tried to met her gaze. 

 

"Eunha... what are you talking about?" 

 

The tense atmosphere forced her to looked away. She bit her lower lip and was not sure how to put all her concern into the right word. 

 

"I don't know... I just... your eyes look miserable than ever. That's why." 

"What? Eunha... Are you still doubting over my love for you?"

 

She turned back at him in a flash, looking directly to his eyes. 

 

"No!" I mean... I know you feel contented when you're with me. But, I want you to be happy with your life. I want you to feel glad you got to have such life." She made a pause. A long one that create another eerie moment for Jungkook. And after a sigh, she continued,

 

"Even if I'm not around anymore." 

 

Those words that were like knife going straight to his heart make him speechless for a moment. He exhaled a small sigh as he opened the car's door, knowing that they probably start another argument if he goes on with it. 

 

***

 

Umji woke up the next morning with a text message from Eunha saying that she will be at Taehyung's cafe today and if she had nothing to do and feel like hanging out together maybe they could meet there. 

 

And, even though it was a mere simple message, but because it come from Eunha, the guilty feeling once again starting to creep in and a sentence rings inside her. 

 

"You don't deserve her kindness."

 

I'm sorry unnie. I have a prior engagement with someone. Guess I'll stop by if I have some time. 

 

She then dialled a familiar number and tried to hide the nervous in her voice as she speak. 

 

"Oh hello, oppa. Can we meet today?" 

 

***

 

Jungkook flashed a smile as he arrived at the cafe. Eunha had asked him to drop her off to the cafe right before he left for his work. 

 

"So, I guess I'll fetch you up at 6?"

"Oh, no. It's okay. I'll be fine I think. I'll catch on a cab or something." 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." She smiled reassuringly.

 

"Oh okay then. Have a nice day."

"Yeah you too. Safe drive..." Eunha swallowed hard before managed to mutter, 

 

"Honey."

 

Jungkook laughed softly as he realised the change of tint on her cheeks. 

 

"Okay my dear. Bye!" He said as he headed off. 

 

Eunha let out a chuckle as she walks into the cafe. Everything was still a surreal for her. How come everything could changed that fast? How could she suddenly feel comfortable when she is around him? Even she doesn't have answers for that. 

 

***

 

"But, I can't keep my head off this though." She pushed the diary toward her sister.

 

I didn't know how to apologise now that I know the truth. I feel bad for all of us. Especially him. I know that I shouldn't act out of my anger. He didn't deserve that. None of us do

 

Yerin stared at the page that Eunha claimed has been bordering her. 

She read word after word and heave a loud sigh before looking up toward Eunha who was sitting facing her. 

 

"What is wrong with this?" She inquired with her gentle tone. 

 

"Well everything is. I mean look at the date, unnie." She said as she pointed at the date written before flipping a few pages before it. 

 

"And you see this? I write almost nothing except scribble some date on pages for a week, and then I suddenly write this on the day of the accident."

 

Yerin pushed the book away and hold Eunha's hand dearly as she looked straight to her eyes. 

 

"You told me everything is going on fine between you and Jungkook, right? So what's the point-" 

"No. You don't understand. That's not what I'm trying to say. There's something going on back then and I just can't figure it out. I can't even ask Jungkook about it. I scared that it will hurt him." 

 

Furrowing her eyebrows out of confusion, Yerin unknowingly let the grip off. 

 

"Everything is perfect between us now and I just don't want to ruin it."

"Then, don't Eunha." 

"But, I can't help myself not to think of it. It just doesn't make sense."

 

Yerin scooted closer, forcing Eunha to look at her in the eyes. 

 

"Baby girl, look at me. It's okay. You just have to focus on getting your memory back. And once you remember everything, you don't have to be worrying about petty thing like this anymore."

 

Eunha once again averted her eyes as Yerin took a sip of her coffee. 

 

"I'm pretty sure you guys just had some stupid argument and you got a bit worked out over it because you never had an arguments before. That's all." 

 

***

 

"I can't believe you haven't eat gopchang for 6 whole month! I don't think I could!" Yoongi said as he shoved the gopchang into his mouth. 

 

Umji chuckled a bit as she offered Yoongi a piece of tissue.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry if I eat like a glutton." 

"No, oppa. I like to watch the way you eat. It's just I don't think I've ever heard that someone bring their date to a gopchang restaurant before." 

 

"A w-what?" He asked, almost choking on his food. 

 

Yoongi blinked couple of time as he wiped his mouth. 

 

"Date?" He asked again with a serious face. 

 

"What would you call an appointment between man and woman then? Should I dig in the dictionary again to get my facts straight?" 

"No, I mean... Yes? But, wait. Err... yeah. Okay..."

 

Umji can't contain her laugh as she found him being all jittery was quite adorable. 

 

"What are you trying to say oppa?" 

"Yeah... forget it." He smile awkwardly as he rubbed back of his neck. 

 

***

 

After finishing their lunch, Yoongi thought it would be great to have a walk at the park since they're now at their favourite place, Gyeongsukbung. 

 

"So, what is this all about?" Yoongi chuckled a little as he saw how enthusiastic Umji with her ice cream. 

 

She turned at him with a cheeky smile, half aware of his question. 

 

"Uh-huh? What?" 

"You said you have something to say, right?"

 

The way her smile faded made him realised the weight of the conversation. Umji quickly shifted her gaze toward the ice cream again as she felt the burden of his deep stares. 

 

"Oh..."

"So?" Yoongi asked again as the awkward silence starting to engulf them.

 

"Yeah... about that..." Her eyes were everywhere, hesitating whether she should continued. 

 

"... Umji?"

"Yeah. I just..."

 

She clammed her eyes shut before finally able to collect her courage as she faced him with the most serious expression that she ever had. 

 

"Yes. I have something to tell you. I don't think I could handle everything by myself anymore."

 

 

Ps: I'm sorry I haven't update for awhile. Something happened and I guess I got busy with it lol 🤦🏻‍♀️🙇