Feelings

House of card: Her

Eunha was looking through her room's window when Taehyung enter the room with a porridge. He smiles and greets her. 

"Hello. Yerin made you this. She can't come because she had an appointment with buyers." He pour the porridge into the bowl. 

"It's your favourite. Dig in." Eunha stares at him emotionless. 

"You must be Yerin's husband, right?" She tilts her head. Taehyung nods and grins widely. 

"I am." He proudly smiles.  
"Did you remember anything?"
"Not really." She shook her head as she sit on her bed. 
"But, unnie showed me your picture and told me about you." She slurped down her porridge. Taehyung could only look at the girl pitifully. 

"Unnie made the best porridge ever." She smiled. Taehyung smiled back at her sweetly. 

"Maybe it's for the best that you couldn't remember anything regarding me." Taehyung let out a chuckle and caress his nape.
"And why is that?" She wonders.
"Because it was you who tried your best to ruin our marriage." He laughs.

"You must be quite a jerk for me to do that then." She said nonchalantly. Taehyung stop laughing and sheepishly smiling to the latter. 

"I kinda act like one when I first met you guys." 
"Hmmm... So I guess you guys start dating in high school, huh?" 

"Nope. We were each other's rival in high school but somehow I fall for your sister during college days and I tried my best to woo her." He chuckled. Eunha smiles sweetly as she heard her sister's love story.

"What about me? I guess Jungkook did the same, huh?"

***

Jungkook immediately rush to the hospital as he received the call. He entered Eunha's room with a wide smile. 

"They said you'll be discharged after a few days." He looks at her merrily. 
"At last, a happy news." She smiled back. Jungkook hands off a plastic bag to her. 

"It must be wearisome to sit in the hospital room all day." He sympathetically look at her. Eunha just curved a smile and took the plastic bag. 

"What is this?" She said as she peeks into it. 
"Oh! Eclairs! How did you know I've been craving on this?" She said in excitement. Jungkook grins as he looks at his wife being all excited over a simple eclairs. 

"You always crave for one every time you feel bored."
"Ah... No wonder." She said as she took another bite of the eclairs. 
"I guess there's a lot of thing that have happened since 9 years ago." He just nod as he took a sit at the couch.

"Your sister become a real estate agent. Her husband, Taehyung hyung opens up a cafe nearby the hospital. He'll be the one who always come to check up on you." Eunha just nods while finishing her eclair.

"Do you remember the others?" Eunha shook her head. She has been trying her best but none of them flash onto her mind. 

"No." Eunha let out a loud sigh. It sounds more like a defeat. Jungkook  wanted to pull her into a hug and her hair, telling her that everything will be just fine but he was scared that she'll be afraid of him so he just gave her comforting smile instead. 

"I only know their name and how I met them. There's this one girl though. Her name is... Umji. Yup. Umji. Unnie told me that she's my best friend." 
"She is." Jungkook smile grew wider. 
"She looks nice in the picture." She points to the frame that was placed on the side table. Jungkook stare at the picture. All 13 of them looks so happy in it. Eunha was seen to be wrapping her arm around her husband's waist. 

"I must've love you a lot." She said quirking her eyebrows. 
"Taehyung oppa said that I'm the one who has been chasing after you." She giggles. Jungkook stare into her in amusement. It was the face that he miss the most. 

"Well... I don't want to say it with my own mouth but you did." Eunha look at him as he let out a chuckle. She then quickly look away as their eyes met. It is still uncomfortable for her to keep staring into a stranger's eyes. 

"It's fine. You don't have to be so hard on yourself, Eunha. Everything will be just fine." He gave a soothing smile towards his wife. Eunha just nod and change her gaze to the window. 

"I hope I got to know more about them though. And also, you. I definitely want to know more about you." 

***

The very next day, Umji went to the hospital with a big hope. She was so happy that Jungkook told her Eunha was curious about her.  She grips and twist the door knob only to discover no one is inside. 'Where could've she been to?' She wonders. 

***

Today was a very important day for Yoongi. He has been working as a volunteer pianist for a year and a half. Usually he will play for senior citizen or cancer patient. But today, he was invited to play at the hospital where Eunha was warded. Umji told him that she'll be there as well so he can't wait to meet her in person. She has been busy with her tight schedule, she still didn't have a chance to visit her old friends. 

Yoongi was busy practicing his new piece in a secluded room when he saw someone was staring at him. 

"Eunha?" He called. 
"Is that you?" 

***

Umji keeps roaming around the hospital, searching for Eunha. She was so worried since Eunha is still nowhere to be seen. It was a big hospital so it was quite difficult for Umji to trace her best friend. She then headed to the main lounge where she heard a recognisable tune. 'It must be Yoongi oppa.' 

That's when she saw a familiar figure was smiling and moving her body to the music. Yoongi chose a cheerful song to play as he thought it could stimulate joy for the patients. She hurried to the figure and hug her. 

"I've been searching for you everywhere, unnie!" 

Eunha could only let the latter cried on her. 

***

"You're... Umji right?" Umji brings Eunha back to her room as she knows her condition is still quite unstable. 

Eunha sit on her bed and stares at the picture. 

"And that guy just now? Have we met before? He seems familiar." The curiosity starts killing her when Umji ignores and wouldn't answer her. 

"I thought you're my best friend." She murmured. Umji look at her with a deep sigh. 

"I was so worried about you, unnie." 
"Chill out. I was just... It was frustrating enough that I can't remember anything, and had to stay here alone all day. So I took a stroll around the hospital instead."

Eunha saw a disappointment in Umji's face. 

"You could've tell the nurses first. We were very freak out when we saw you're not in your room, unnie." She furrowed her eyebrows. She knows that she shouldn't act like that with a patient like Eunha but she can't help not to be angry when Eunha nonchalantly act like nothing happened. 

"Okay. I will. But, won't you answer me please? Who is the guy just now?" 

***

"Please give a round of applause for the outstanding performance by Mr Min Suga!" Yoongi bows down to his audience. They were the patients and visitors of the hospital. He then excused himself to meet Eunha and Umji who is in the first floor. He himself was quite shocked to see Umji running and hugging towards Eunha as if it was part of the performance. He starts to wonder if something could've happened between the two. 

***

Yoongi knocks on the door and peeks into the room. He saw both the girls were deep in their sleep. He then approaches them slowly and put his blazer on Umji. He can't deny how much he miss the girl. He was smiling sweetly towards the girl when he heard noises come from Eunha. 

"Who... Who are you?" Eunha said as she rubs her eyes. 

"Ah... Did I woke you up? I'm sorry." He smiles. Eunha widened her eyes as she recognise the guy. 'It was the pianist! He looks better in person!' 

"I'm sorry I couldn't entertain you just now. I was busy preparing for my performance at that time." 
"Oh. It's okay. I'm fine." She grins. 
"But, you called my name so I guess you know me, right?" She continued. 

"I'm Yoongi. I know you couldn't remember me but we know each other through Umji." He said as he stares at Umji. 

"Ah... I guess I gain these new friends because of her, huh?" 

No wonder she felt he is quite familiar. He was one of the people in the picture! 

"Well, it was her who is lucky enough to meet you. If it wasn't for you then she would be a loner in the school. You save her and build confidence in her. As you can see, she has become a successful model. And all of this is because of you, Eunha." He showed his famous gummy smile. Eunha can feel that Yoongi was proud of what she has done and she can't help but not to feel happy about it. 

"Has your husband come, Eunha?" 
"I'm not sure. He'll be here later I guess. He's so busy at works he got no time to spare for me." She pouts. Yoongi let out a chuckle as he saw the expression. 

"You are still the same old Eunha I guess." And with that he laughs. Eunha can feel something weird is tingling inside her, something soothing and warm, a feeling that she never knew before. 'Why am I feeling butterfly in my stomach with just a simple smile?'