Crush

House of card: Her


"There will always be next year, right?" Jungkook is still calmly smiling at her. Somehow she felt as if every of her problem was solved with the sweet smile from Jungkook. She tries to hold her breath as she finds there's something tingling inside her. 'Wait. What is this feeling?' 

It has been weeks passed since their sport event. Yoongi and Jin both are busy for their final and college entrance exam. 

"Gosh hyung. Can you please ask Sowon to teach us on this chapter? I can't get it no matter how many time I tried to read on it." He hold his text book, pointing to the latter. 

Jin was busy with his mobile game as he peek on Yoongi and give a single nod.

"I'll set up time for us to meet." He said, continue focusing on his game. 

"Great!" Yoongi grins. 

***

Eunha looks at Umji with a weird expression. The latter was busy wrapping various of snacks and chocolates into a basket. She watches with focus as the latter happily hummed her favourite song from IU, good day. 

"Naneunyo~ oppaga~ chueungeol~" She starts to sing. 

Eunha try to take one of the snack when Umji snatch it back from her. 

"No, unnie. I know this is your favourite snack and I promise that I'll buy one for you after class but this one is for Jin oppa." She said sweetly smiling to Eunha. 

"Oh? Jin oppa? So, that's the reason you've been focusing on this since this morning?" 
"Yup!" She said in excitement. 
"This is all Jin's oppa favourite snacks and I'm giving this to encourage him to do his best for his upcoming exams." 
"Aww! Umji-ah! Why are you so cute! No wonder the boys love you so much." Eunha said pinching the younger's cheek. She laughs as Umji cutely pout in pain. 

"Umji-ah." A voice come from behind. 

Umji and Eunha turns around to see Jungkook hands in a chocolate. 

"Oh! Gosh oppa! You're the best! I've been searching for this one everywhere." She said in excitement.
"The present won't be complete without this." He said as he slides in the chocolate into the basket. The basket was in front of Eunha so Jungkook is now practically just inches from her. As she realise the situation, she suddenly finds it hard for her to breath properly. She then quickly looks away to hide her red beet cheeks. 

Jungkook who realise her odd behaviour immediately distance himself from her. 

"You're okay unnie?" Umji sudden question cause Eunha to hiccup. 

"Hick! Ye-hick! I mean-hick!" She goes on hiccuping. Umji quickly grab a bottle of water and gave it to her. 

"Drink it fast, unnie. And pinch your nose while doing so." 

Eunha quickly gulps down the water while looking at Jungkook who is holding his laugh because of her silly reaction. 'Auch! Why do I always act like a fool in front of him.' 

***

Jungkook was on the way home with Jin when he laugh silently, clutching his stomach as he remembered the earlier incident. Truthfully, he constantly being reminded by the incident as he watches Eunha being all shy with him. 'She's kinda cute.' He thought to himself. 

"What's up jk?" Jin ask. It was quite rare to see Jungkook laugh so it definitely raised a suspicion. 

"Oh nothing, hyung." Jungkook broadly smile to Jin. 
"There's this thing that I can't keep my mind off." He said still grinning towards the latter. 
"Is it funny? Come on! Let's share with me. I'm gonna met my princess this evening, so knowing new joke is a great plus for me."
"Wait. You have a date, today hyung? I thought you're going to study with Yoongi hyung?" Jungkook tried to change the topic.
"Yes I am. And with Sowon as well. Yoongi keep urging me to ask Sowon to teach us. Thank god today she got no class, so she can hang out with us." Jin smile excitedly. Jungkook grins as he manage to avoid Jin's question. 

***

"Tada!" Umji put a box of present onto Yoongi's hand. He opened the box, anticipating the present. 

"What. Is. This?" He ask as he holds the present. Umji took it from his hand and put it on Yoongi's wrist. It is a stylish men bangle bracelet with his initial curves on the back of it. Yoongi looks at the girl's indifferently as the girl claps in amusement.

"It looks.... Silvery." Yoongi said apathetically. 
"It suit you well oppa!" She squeals.  Yoongi let out a loud sigh as she stares at Umji's excited face. 

"Jin hyung got things that he loves and I got this? What is this, Umji-ah?" He said with a pout. Umji grins and holds the boy's hand. 

"I chose this one myself." She said. Her eyes was still on the shiny bracelet. 

"I saved some of my lunch money since last year to buy this, oppa. I hope it can inspire you and cheer you up each time you look at this. And, I hope you'll take care of it with all your heart." She looks up to Yoongi with a satisfying smile. 

Yoongi gave a sweet smile toward her while nods, "I will." He said. 

***

Jungkook was silently studying in their school's library when a hand quietly knocks at his table. 

"Can I sit here?" Jungkook looks up at the girl who was sheepishly smiling at him. 

"Oh it's you. And here I thought-" 
"You thought?" Eunha cut him off smiling broadly. 
"Err.... Where's Umji?" He looks around. 

Eunha pull a chair next to him as she smiles,

"She'll be here soon. There's this one book that she's been eager to read and it just arrived yesterday. So she's now in the second floor searching for it." Jungkook look at the girl as she is rocking her feet in delight. 

"What made you so happy all of a sudden?" He ask indifferently. Eunha made a cute pout as she stares at the latter. 

"I can do whatever I want. Hmph." She looks away. Jungkook let out a small giggle and try to maintain a serious face as the girl shift her gaze towards him again. She then moves her face closer to his with both of her hand supporting her face, 

"Why are you always mad and being an evil at me? Did I do anything wrong to you?" She cutely pout. Jungkook who was startled at the girl's act quickly looks away from girl, hiding his blushed cheek. 

From afar, a girl was staring intensely at both of them with sighs. 

Flashback 

"Bye oppa!" Umji bids Yoongi goodbye as they realise it is getting late. 
"You have to assure that you wear that  bracelet all the time, okay?" She half-shouted, still waving at Yoongi. Yoongi just hold his thumb up to signal that he understands that. As he starts to disappear, Umji felt a vibration from her pocket. She grins as she saw the caller ID. 

"Eunha unnie!" She squeals in delight. 
"Oh hello Umji-ah!" Eunha said at the other side of the phone. 
"Actually... There's something that I should talk to you." She continued. 
"Err... Should I come to you instead unnie?" 
"Errr.... No. You don't need to. It's okay to just talk over the phone I guess." 
"Is it urgent?" Umji start to worry as she can sense some seriousness in Eunha's tone.
"Kinda." 
"Hmmm.... I'll tell Namjoon oppa to send you to your home." 

***

"Thank you oppa for agreeing to accompany me." She said to her brother with a sweet smile. 
"Make it hurry." Namjoon said, still focusing on his mobile game. 
"Oh Umji-ah!" Yerin said as she opens the door. Umji turns to Yerin before shifting her gaze back to Namjoon. 
"I will!" Umji said as she follows Yerin inside. Namjoon then took a sit at the bench outside of the house. 

"Are you sure you're not coming in, Namjoon?" Yerin ask. She felt quite bad for leaving him alone in the dark like that. 

"I'm fine. You can bring me some coffee or tea if you feel bad about me." 
"How many spoons of sugar do you have in your tea?" Yerin ask in annoyance as Namjoon won't lose his focus off the game. 
"Whatever you think right." He said nonchalantly. His eyes still on his phone as Yerin smash the door hard. 'Geez. He and Taehyung are truly brother at heart. Both are so annoying." She thought to herself. She then shift her gaze towards Umji who was looking at her with a sweet smile.  

"Eunha is waiting for you in her room, Umji." Umji nods and quickly walks to Eunha room. It was her fourth time visiting the girls and the house felt quite familiar to her now.

"Umji-ah!" Eunha squeals. She pulls Umji hand and bring her to her bed. 
"Do you want some snacks?" She ask as she took some snacks on her table. 

"Unnie! Quit eating snacks or you'll ruin your teeth!" Umji said while laughing. Eunha push her hair towards the back of her ear and grins, 

"That's why I always have appointment with the dentist every two month." She brags as she showed her squeaky clean teeth. 
"Alright. You had your point this time." Umji said sweetly smile. Eunha then hold Umji hand tightly. 

"Remember about something that I said I need to discuss with you?" Eunha said facing the latter.
"Yes..." Umji said. She was quite nervous as she saw determination in Eunha's eyes. 

"Well..." 
"What unnie?" Umji ask, frowning. "Hmmm... Well I..." 
"Yes?"
"Err..." 
"Unnie!" Umji half shouts at the older as she displeased with Eunha beating around the bush. 
"Ouff... Okay, I'll say it. I think I kinda had a crush on Jeon Jungkook."