Bond

House of card: Her

Jungkook bid his father goodbye as he sent him to the house. 

 

"Have a safe drive." His father waved him back as the car rolled out from the place. 

 

Slowly, the car moved along the street, throughout the nostalgic neighbourhood. He lowered down the window, breathing the fresh night air while reminiscing the area. 

 

'We used to wait for the bus there.' 

 

He then let out a chuckle as he remembered how Yerin and Taehyung always quarrelled, picking on each other every single morning to school. 

 

As his eyes roamed, observing the place, he glanced on two suspicious figure in one of the dark alley. He stopped the car immediately, approaching them with a careful steps before he gasped in surprise as he recognised one of them. 

 

'Eunha!' He widened his eyes and quickly dashed toward the helpless girl. 

 

***

 

"He'll be fine soon. Please inform us or push this call button once he wakes up." Eunha nodded solemnly. 

 

Her eyes were fixed on her motionless husband as the doctor and nurses left the room to give some privacy for both of them. 

 

"Please, I beg you. Please wake up..." Tears streaming down her face as she tightly clamped Jungkook hands. 

 

***

 

It was already quarter to ten in the morning when Jungkook winced as he slowly opened his eyes. A sudden pain shot through his stomach at the slight movement, jolting his sense to life. He grimaced as the pain subsided to a dull, throbbing sensation.

 

'Where am I?' He blinked, scanning the whole place. His vision was a bit blurry and he squinted harder to get the full view of the room. It then occurred to him. The chaotic and busy environment, unpleasant iodoform smell, and beeping sound of medical equipment most likely from a vital sign monitor in the surrounding convinced him that he is in a hospital, probably emergency department. His gaze then plastered on Eunha who was in a chair at the bedside, sleeping soundly with her hand clasping on his. 

 

"Eunha?" He muttered, struggling to raise his body. 

 

The sudden movement from Jungkook's hand then awoke her and she extended her hand, trying to stop him before he could sat himself up. 

 

"No. You need to rest." She said in a demanding voice yet it sounded more like a plea to him. 

 

His lips turned upward faintly as he positioned his body to the headboard. Eunha anxiously eyed him as he groaned slightly out of pain, hand on the injure side. She knew it must hurt him a lot for he would have not make any sound otherwise. He is not that whiny type to begin with. 

 

She glanced at him, eyes tight and worried. 

 

"You should rest to get better."

"I'm fine." He said with a reassuring smile. 

 

"I've told you, I'll be fine, didn't I?" Eunha let out a sigh with his inappropriate witty remark. 

 

"It's not funny."  

"I didn't intent to." 

"Ha-ha." She sarcastically laughed, vexing a bit. 

 

"You said it's not funny, why laugh?" He playfully , consequently earning him a light punch in his arm. 

 

"Awww." He cried out of pain. 

 

"Oh gosh. I'm so sorry, where does it hurt? I'll go get the doctor." She spluttered, rushing outside before her husband grab her arm, ceasing her action. 

 

"Chill, I'm totally fine. It hurts a bit, but I at least feel better in the inside." 

 

The warmth in his smile soothed her in the inside and she carefully settled back into the chair, obeying him. 

 

"I'm sorry for putting you in grave danger." Tentatively, she broke the silence. 

 

"I'm okay as long as you are." His eyes which sparkles with sincerity alongside his gentle smile, melted her inside. 

 

"You almost got killed just now. What do you mean by you'll be fine? Is it really worth it? Risking your life for someone else? For me?" 

"You are not just someone. You are my wife. My one and only Jung Eunha." He reached her hand. 

 

"I would do anything if it's for you." 

 

The hand that smoothly her hair, the little smile that curved perfectly on his weary face and not to mention his soft, gentle voice have made her realise how much the person loves her. 

 

"Both of you are practically the same." She sighed wistfully. 

 

Jungkook cocked his head to the side, arching his eyebrows.

 

"Who?"

"24 years old Eunha. I still can't understand what is the reason behind willingly replacing others on a deathbed but I guess it all makes sense now." Jungkook blinked couple of times, getting more confused with her words. 

 

"Both of you are just too deeply in love with each other." 

 

***

 

Umji was leaning against the wall opposite to the loo at an airport. She occasionally brushed her hair awkwardly to avoid the stares from the passerby considering she is now standing in front of male lavatory. A tingle of relief then spread on her burning cheeks as a figure with a white mask covering half of his face and a white cap walking toward her. 

 

"Oh gosh. I think I ate too much last  night. I feel bloated." Namjoon made a retching sound. 

 

"I shouldn't eat anymore before my flight." He continued. 

 

"But, I still didn't had anything for today. I'm hungry." 

"You what? It's already 3 pm for heaven's sake! We should go get you something to eat-" Namjoon said, dragging Umji's hand before he stopped abruptly. He then turned with a surprised look on his face. 

 

"Wait. Since when do you feel hungry?" 

"What? I'm a human too." Umji blinked innocently. 

 

"No, I mean-"

"I'm not a model anymore oppa." She chuckled. 

 

"I'm done with dieting. It brought me nothing but misery." 

 

Umji then widened her eyes as Namjoon clapped his hand in excitement all of a sudden.

 

"Stop making a fuss out of everything oppa, you're embarrassing me." She murmured. 

 

Namjoon shot a mischievous look, wriggling his eyebrows.

 

"Guess, it's Yoongi hyung's effect, huh?"

"Oh gosh oppa. Stop it." Umji sheepishly smiled, rolled her eyes and walked passed him. 

 

She then halted her step as she noticed a coffee house. 

 

"Come quick, oppa." She called her brother with her sweet smile. 

 

Namjoon fasten his steps toward her with a broad smile pasted on his face. They then entered the shop with Umji clinging her arm onto her brother's as they walked to the counter.  

 

"Hi, what can I get you?" The barista said. 

 

"Can we have two AA with two slice of salted caramel chocolate cake and one chicken turkey sandwich please." Umji said, politely smiling at him. 

 

"AA? What is that?" Namjoon whispered, leaning toward her. 

 

"I guess you've lived abroad for quite some time, you missed all these trendy words in Korea, huh?" She started to giggle at Namjoon's ignorance. 

 

"What trendy words? Ergh... can you just please tell me what is AA, Yewon?" He whispered again, half groaning. 

 

"Iced Americano. It's an abbreviation." Umji said quietly, still grinning at him. 

 

"Why AA then? It should be IA." Namjoon scratched his head, lifting his eyebrows. 

 

"How should I know oppa. People in Korea pronounced it like that." 

"Well that sound damn stupid if you ask me. Like a bunch of dickheads." He replied in English, showing off his American accents. 

 

"Oppa! Don't curse in public!" Umji widened her eyes, giving a warning to her brother. 

 

"They won't understand it anyway." 

"What do you mean they won't? Are you sure about that? Are you sure they didn't understand you? You just said bad words to them. They must be very displeased with you right now." 

 

She sputtered in English, causing Namjoon to look around, observing the people in the cafe to prove that his sister is wrong. And, of course. Just like he had predicted, not even single eyes laid on them, took any notice of their conversation. 

 

"Seee... I've told you they didn't, ain't I?" Namjoon showed his perky smile. 

 

"Oh oppa..." Umji sighed before tittering at her brother's immaturity.

 

***

 

"The CT scan result has come out and I must say Mr Jeon, you were lucky the knife is blunt enough, it didn't cut beyond your subcutaneous tissue. We immediately sutured the injure site for negative FAST scan revealed no presence of blood in your abdomen. It will usually healed within couple of weeks."

 

Jungkook was struggling to hold his laugh as he saw how innocent Eunha looked as she nodded vigorously toward the doctor. He then cleared his throat as he found it was quite inappropriate to act in such manner considering the serious situation. 

 

"And, you might have to embrace yourself. The police are waiting outside, they are going to ask you some questions regarding the case. I hope you can give full cooperation to them." 

"Yes, of course. Thank you doctor." 

"Just make sure to get plenty of rest Mr Jeon. You'll be fine." 

 

Jungkook nodded once as the doctor smiled at him reassuringly before exiting the room. In the meanwhile, Eunha on his side was lost in her own thought until something came into her mind and she jumped from her seat, exclaiming, 

 

"Oh! I should call the others. I should inform them-" 

"No, Eunha." He briefly cut her off. 

 

"W-why?" She crooked her eyebrows, bewildered by his firm voice. 

 

"I don't want them to be worried of me. It's nothing really-"

"What do you mean by it's nothing?  You were losing enormous amount of blood, the doctor said something horrible might've happened if we came 5 minute later." Eunha sighed as she was reminded by the frightening moment. 

 

"And, don't let me start on a lecture of you refusing to call your manager for a leave. You got stabbed for god sake." She snarled at him, dilating her eyes in anger. 

 

"But, I'm better now."

"No, you're not Jeon Jungkook. You are a patient. You are not okay. Don't you hear the doctor just now? You need to rest." 

 

Eunha then blinked in confusion as Jungkook let out a chuckle. 

 

"You sounded a lot more like her just now." 

 

He cocked his head, eye on eye with the perplexed girl while cheekily smiling. 

 

"I miss your nags." 

 

suddenly felt dry and she gulped the invisible lump in , before looking away, breaking the eye contact. Something in her left side chest is racing wildly and she had to control her unsteady breathing at the sight of the guy flawlessly ran his finger through his hair in such a stunning way. 

 

"By the way, something kinda flashed into my mind on our way to the hospital just now. It was a bit blurry..." She changed the subject, avoiding the awkwardness. 

 

Jungkook fixed his eyes at the girl, anticipating her words. 

 

"I think it's because of the blood. I see you, carrying me in a bridal style. The background looks like a sport event. Well, like I've said before. The whole picture was a bit vague but I think you're bringing me to the nurse room because I got injured. Something like that." 

 

His lips instantly curved a smile, and he nodded in agreement, confirming the recollection. 

 

"Yes. That's right. It was in our 10th grade. Being the clumsy you, you fell during your archery event and I helped bringing you to the nurse room."

 

He then unknowingly let out a chuckle as he recalled the scene. 

 

"You told me that was the first time you realised you have fall for me." 

"I'm what? Wait. So it was really me? I fall for you first? I thought you were just bluffing about it." 

"Didn't the others confirmed it to you?" 

"I chose not to believe in them too. I mean, why do I have to be the one who fall first?" 

"You certainly won't like this one then." 

"Oh gosh. What now?" 

"It was you who confessed to me first. And, I unintentionally rejected you at that time. That was also during our 10th grade."

"You what? But why? How could you rejected such irresistible soul like Jung Eunha?"

 

She comically gasped which earned another chuckle from Jungkook. 

 

"Well, it was more to a mistake actually. I was too dumb to understand that it was a confession and indirectly rejected your feeling."

"What have you done? Poor girl..." 

 

She drew her eyebrows together, protruding in a very cute way and Jungkook immediately beamed ear to ear over the sight. 

 

"You can't blame me at that. You were beating around the bush about cold hearted guy who make you feel warm and bla bla bla. How am I supposed to know that you were actually declaring your love for me? It makes no sense really." He playfully acted nonchalant, shrugging his shoulders. 

 

"You still remember everything in exact detail?" Eunha stared deeply into her husband eyes, surprised by his capabilities to remember something that happened years ago. 

 

"Well... it always lingered. Those scenes, our past." He flashed his gentle smile. 

 

"Everything is precious to me."

 

***

 

"Good evening passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Los Angeles. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

 

As soon as the announcement was heard, Namjoon and Umji quickly rushed to the departure gate. 

 

"I'm gonna miss you so much kid, I hope I didn't have to go." Namjoon whined as he wrapped his hands on Umji's. 

 

"Then don't." She smiled mischievously. 

 

"I'll be missing you too oppa. But, you promised to return after a month, right?" 

"Yeah. I need to finish some stuff before this spring ends. I'll be home before you even could feel my absence, Yewon. I promise." 

 

Umji smiled sweetly, comforting him as she patted on his shoulders. 

 

"Yewon-ah." His expression turned dark as something came into his mind. He took her hands, clasping it hard. 

 

"Yes, oppa?"

"What if... Hmmm..."

"Make it fast, oppa. You're going to miss your flight!" 

"Well, I was just thinking... after I return from LA, maybe we could fly back to Japan? Don't you miss them? Our parents? They always bugged me, asking about you." 

 

Umji swiftly avoided his stares. She looked away in a distance and breathed out loudly. 

 

"For what? I heard they've filed petition for a divorce, right?" 

"No... appa opted for a counselling marriage instead. He's still not ready to lose omma." Namjoon shook his head in despair. 

 

"Well, I can only hope the best for them. I would hate it if they keep imposing to others on how great their marriage life is but in reality, it just kept scarring their heart more. I feel bad for them oppa." 

"That's why we have to gather ourselves and tried to help them. Together or not, it's not important. I just want them to stop hurting each other. That's all. They deserve happiness. As much as we do, Yewon. I'm done with running away from problems. From them. I'm getting exhausted of this." Namjoon said as he massaged the heel of her hands with his thumbs. 

 

"A second call for all passengers for flight 89B to Los Angeles. All passengers on flight 89B please move to gate A1."

 

"Oppa. You have to board now or you're for sure going to miss your flight. Let's talk again once you come back from LA okay?" 

 

Namjoon nodded solemnly as he armed her tight. He heaved a sigh and walked to departure gate, waving her goodbye. 'I won't be long, Yewon-ah. By the time I returned, we shall sort this out.'

 

***

 

The sun has goes down when Jungkook was finally discharged from the ward. They were walking to the taxi that have been waiting for them outside the building when Eunha expressed her dissatisfaction over his stubbornness. 

 

"So you're still persistent with your decision, won't ask for a leave from your superior? The doctor even granted you with sick leave, didn't he?" Eunha peered at him, earnestly hoping that he will listened to her for just once. 

 

"I... really don't want to create any commotion within the office. That's all. I bet they were all asking about me since I disappeared without any prior notice today." 

 

She sighed in dismay, her brooding 

eyes looked to a distance. 

 

"I will do anything if you agree to stay home at least for a day. Your body need a rest."

"Anything?" 

"Anything."

 

Jungkook eyes glistened with hope as he uttered, 

 

"Does that mean you're willing to come back to our house if I ask you to?" 

 

Ps: I can't believed we have come to this!!!!! It's already 29 chapter. Oh gosh. I wanted to thank for all the support that you guys have gave me, all the loved that been continuously poured to me. I appreciate it all ❤️❤️

 

I really wanted to finish this story and all your little gestures by voting or commenting gave me a source of hope and inspirations. It give me strength to continue this story, so thank. Thank for all the support you gave me 😭😭😭 #tearingup