Birthday

House of card: Her

Jungkook fasten his walks, rushing as he saw the text.

"Can you please come to Umji's house, Jungkook? Namjoon oppa was nowhere to be seen and Umji was laying at the floor when I came in!" Eunha's text raised a concerned in him. 

He immediately rush through the door as he found it was unlock. 

"Happy birthday!" They all scream in unison as they appear from the kitchen. 

Jungkook widened his eyes as he saw they laugh frantically at him. The worst of them was of course Taehyung who keep clapping like a seal as he saw Jungkook's dumbfounded face. He rolled his eyes and smirk towards his friends. He then look at Eunha who widely smile at him and mouthed 'Sorry.'   

"Gosh. Thank you, guys. But you could've plan it better, right?" 
"Asking Eunha to help us is the best decision of all. Otherwise, you won't fall for our trick anymore Kook-ah." Hoseok grins. 
"What's up with lying about Umji faints though? I was so worried and furious, I don't even know how many time I cursed at you inside my head, Namjoon hyung." He said half joking. They all laugh as Namjoon point to himself and said 

"So I got all the blame, huh?" He sighs. 
"Well, to be truth I wasn't lying at all." Eunha said. 
"It was by chance though. Eunha came in when we happened to wait for you." Sowon said, sweetly smiling. Eunha sheepishly smiling as she said sorry once again. 

"I didn't know that they were going to celebrate your birthday and that was just part of the trick for you." She said enthusiastically. They all laugh as they saw her effort to explain herself. 

"It's okay unnie. Oppa understands well. Right, oppa?" Umji smiles as Jungkook nod. 
"You should be proud that it's because of you that their plan work. I usually won't fall for anything they had for me." He smiles warmly. And with the warm smiles, Eunha's inside felt warm as well.

"Enough with the chit chat guys. Let's dig in this cake!" Jin said in excitement. 

***

Each of them take their share of the cake and when Eunha saw Jungkook still didn't have one, she cut a big piece from it and gave it to him. 

"You should eat up. This is your birthday party." She tries to start up a conversation. Jungkook just smirk as she put the slice in front of him.

"I'm not so fond of cakes. I usually won't eat sweet things except for donuts." 
"He's kinda weird." Yoongi who was near, interrupted them. 
"But, neither do I like sweet things so I guess we're on the same boat." Yoongi said while grinning wide. Eunha smiles joyfully as both of them giggles to each other. 

"This is mine then." She said with a wider smile. She was ready to take a big bite when Jungkook ask, 

"You love cakes Eunha?" Jungkook's question made her jump from her chair a bit. How could she's not when it was the very first time Jungkook had ever start up a conversation with her. Plus, he even called her name! 

The piece of cake that on her fork fall onto her dress. She was lucky everyone was busy eating and talking, they did not realise the situation. Even Yoongi and Umji was having conversation together, thus only Jungkook who saw everything. He try to hold his laughter as he saw Eunha's nervous expression. 

"Are you okay?" He whispered so that no one will turn their attention to the latter. He helps the girl to wipe off the mess on her dress. 

"Thank god the icing colour is similar to the colour of your dress or else everyone will notice it." He saids still trying to hold his laughter. Eunha smacks herself inside of her head a few time before trying to curve a smile. 

 

"I am so careless." She murmured very slow but Jungkook was able to catch on it. 

"You are." He smirks. And that cause Eunha to smack herself inside her head for how many hundreds time she wouldn't know. Eunha pouts and faces the guy. 

"Well at least I'm not a jerk who always mock others." She said crossing her arm. Jungkook who cannot hold his laughter any longer let out a quiet laugh as he stares at the latter. 

"Am I?"
"Yes you are." Eunha is still pulling a face.
"I don't think so." Jungkook smirks. 
"Well you are to me at least." She said as she excused herself to the toilet. 

***

"Geez... He's so annoying yet cute in the same time. Why do I have to fall for him, really." She said as she tries to wipe off the icings on her dress. She then smiles widely to the mirror. 

"But you're happy that you could spend some time with him, right? So, it's a win-win situation, right Jung Eunha?" She talks to her reflection. 

"I bet you feel as if you could even die today, huh?" She giggles. It is true that she falls more and more for Jungkook every day. 

***

"Oppa." Umji calls. Jungkook looks at her with a smile. Everyone has already on their way home and Jungkook was the last to stay as he wanted to help Umji cleaning the house. He puts the table cloth that he was holding.

"What is it?" Umji smiles as she put a big box oin front of Jungkook. 

"I thought you may need this." Jungkook opens it with excitement and his smile become wider as he saw the content

 

"This is the Bluetooth headphone that was rumoured to be launch this week! This is the latest design, Umji! How come you already manage to buy it??" 
"Do you like it, oppa?" 
"How could I not?" He said as he wear it. 
"This is so cool, Umji!" 
"Well, I'm not sure what to give you since you always made a fuss of me giving you a bowl of origamis every single year. And, I thought that you can use this when you had trainings with coach." She grins. 

It was true that Jungkook always complaints every time she gave him a present. This was as she never buy him anything and only prepared a bowl of origami for his birthday present. Jungkook can't help but to compare himself to Yoongi who always received something better than he gets. 

"I'm sorry for being such a kid. I really appreciate all your present, Umji. My mom bought me a small cupboard to put all your origamis in it. It was part of my room's decoration." He let out a small chuckle. 

Umji smiles sweetly as she heard it. It was great that Jungkook made a good use out of them. However, it wasn't her intention that Jungkook kept all the origamis. No it was not. In fact, when she first gave it to him, she had a slight of hope that Jungkook will unfold the paper to reveal the message inside for just once. As for now, all she hopes was that all the origamis stay inside the cupboard forever. She smiles again as Jungkook went to brag at Namjoon who was just finished sweeping off the mess. 

***

Eunha skips her way to the library. She made a promise to Umji that she will join her for today's study group. She was then stopped by a melodious voice. She peeks at the music room which she was sure that is where the voice came from. How shocked she is when she recognise the figure inside.

"Jungkook?" She murmured. As if he could hear her, he looks around searching for the source of the voice. Surprise by Jungkook's sudden reaction, she try to walk away. Unfortunately, being the icon of bad luck in their school, Eunha stumble on her own foot and fall.

"Damn it." She mutters under her breath. Jungkook then rush towards the loud noise. 

"What the-" He said in surprise. 
"What are you doing here?" He ask with concern. Eunha sheepishly smiles at him. 

"I was on my way to library when I heard someone was singing. So I stop by to see who was it." She said nonchalantly. Jungkook let out a chuckle as he heard the explanation. 

"You could've knock, right? Are you okay? Take my hand." He try to help the girl to stand but the latter push his hand away. 

"I can get up myself."
"I know you're still mad at me for what I said last night." He said as Eunha brush off dirts from her skirts. 
"I've gone overboard with the tease but I didn't mean to hurt you. I mean nothing but jokes." He continued with a sincere smile. 

"So you do realise it?" Eunha made a cute face. It was so mesmerising that Jungkook can't help but not to stare. When he realise he has been staring at the girl for too long, he just gave a single nod and looks away. 

"How could I'm not when you keep ignoring me since this morning." 
"That's because I want you to realise how hard it is to be ignore every single day for unknown reason. You've been treating me like that since forever!" She crossed her arms. She then smiles to the latter. 

"But if you felt sorry for what you've done, then perhaps you could show what you did just now." She smiles. Jungkook frowns and scratch his head. 

"I was just singing out of boredom. I'm going to have a training later so I'm just killing out my times here." Jungkook is actually an official athlete of the track and field team in their school. He is going to have a contest in next two month. 

"Well you're doing great! Can you please sing for me? Please~" Eunha blinks couple of time and made a cute pout.

"Hmmmm... Okay. But don't laugh at me if I sounds weird." He said.

***

"Where have you been, unnie?" Umji ask as Eunha grin widely at her. She has been waiting to half an hour for Eunha. 

"I was out of stuff to read already. Are you sure you went to toilet?" Umji ask concerned. Eunha let out a slow chuckle considering they were in a library. 

"Hmmm.... I met something amazing on my way here." Her eyes were bright as ever. 

"What is it? Tell me! Mind sharing with me, unnie?" Umji ask excitedly. 

"I met Jungkook!" She whispered. Loud enough that people around her start to 'ssshhhh' them. 

"You did? Where did you?" Umji's expression start to change. She still tried to curve a smile despite pain that she felt inside.

"He was at the music room, waiting for his coach. He was singing and let me tell you, Umji. That guy for sure has the best voice that I've ever heard. It is as if I heard an angle singing to me. You're lucky to know him since small."

Umji just replied the latter with a smile. 'Jungkook oppa can sing?' She thought to herself.

***

On the very next day, Eunha rush to the music room. She had a hope to meet Jungkook there again today. But, to her despair, Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. She then walks to the library out of frustration. 

"Urgh." She groans. 

As she pushes the library's door, she saw a familiar figure was yawning at the book that he was holding. 

'Jungkook!' She screamed inside. She then carefully approaches the guy. 

"Hey." She greets him, trying to maintain a stiff expression to hide her joy. 

"Oh, hey." He said nonchalantly. She then pulls a seat in front of him with a wide smile. 

"Whatcha doing?" 
"Nothing." His eyes were lock on the book. 

Eunha then snatch the book and put it away. 

"Hey!" 
"Hey what? Hey hey~ I'm taking to you here. Can't you see it?" Jungkook rolled his eyes before grabbing the book again. 

"This is a library, Jung Eunha. This is a place where you read books or study. Not for you to have a chit chat with your friends." He cross his arm. 
"Well I was just so bored. Umji was absent today because she and Namjoon oppa had to sent their parent to the airport today. And, I don't want to go home so early since today Yerin unnie got an extra class. Yuju had her ballet class and Sinb also had to attend her dance class. I'm lonely~" She pouts. Jungkook giggles at her and gave a comforting smile. 

"I'll accompany you."