Secret

House of card: Her


"Eunha is waiting for you in her room, Umji." Umji nods and quickly walks to Eunha room. It was her fourth time visiting the girls and that's why the house is now familiar to her. 

"Umji-ah!" Eunha squeals. She pulls Umji hand and bring her to her bed. 
"Do you want some snacks?" She ask as she took some snacks on her table. 

"Unnie! Quit eating snacks or you'll ruin your teeth!" Umji said while laughing. Eunha push her hair towards the back of her ear and grins, 

"That's why I always have appointment with the dentist every two month." She brags as she showed her squeaky clean teeth. 
"Alright. You had your point this time." Umji said sweetly smile. Eunha then hold Umji hand tightly. 

"Remember about something that I need to discuss with you?" Eunha said facing the latter.
"Yes..." Umji said. She was quite nervous as she saw determination in Eunha's eyes. 

"Hmmmm do you still remember how I used to tease you with Jungkook?" Eunha ask anticipatedly. Umji just smile away and nod. 

"Yeah. But there is no such thing, unnie. I love all of them like I love my brother." 
"Yes! Yes! You said that you treat all of them like your real brother. Including Jungkook, right?" Umji looks down, chose not to answer the question. It was hard for her to deny her own feeling but there is nothing that can be done as she understands well how Namjoon will act if he knows Umji had feelings for one of his best friends. Eunha stare at Umji for a while before gathering her courage.

"Well..." 
"What unnie?" Umji ask, frowning. "Hmmm... Well I..." 
"Yes?"
"Err..." 
"Unnie!" Umji half shouts at the older as she displeased with Eunha beating around the bush. 
"Ouff... Okay, I'll say it. I think I kinda had a crush on Jeon Jungkook."

Umji was so shocked to hear the confession, she can't even blink.

"Oh, Umji-ah~ Please give a respond will you?" She gently tuck the younger's arm. Umji tried to curve a smile and face the girl. 

"Yeah. Errr.... What do you want me to say unnie?" Umji said still weakly smiling.
"Is it wrong for me to like him, Umji?" She ask, sulking. 

"Oh no! Of course no, unnie. I just... Err..." 
"Does he already has someone that he likes?" 
"I don't think so, unnie." 
"Then, it's okay if I like him, right?" 
"Well... Of course you can." Umji said sweetly smiling to Eunha.

End of Flashback

Umji looks at both Jungkook and Eunha who was smiling to each other with another loud sing. 'I wish that was me.' 

***

The bell rings for recess time. Eunha, Umji, Sinb and Yuju runs to the cafeteria before Eunha suddenly bumps into Jungkook. 

"Auch!" She caress her head. 
"Are you okay, unnie?" Umji ask.
"I'm sorry. I didn't see you're coming just now." Jungkook then said, concerned.
"It's okay. I'm fine." Eunha smiles.

Taehyung who was standing in front of the door watch in amusement. He was waiting for Jungkook to go to cafeteria with him. The girls then excused themselves and went their way. Jungkook then look at Taehyung who was scratching his head. 
" What's up with you all of a sudden? Usually you'll saw things like, Hey! Watch where you're going! toEunha." Taehyung tilt his head a bit, astounded with the latter's behaviour. 

"It wasn't her fault, right? I was the one who stands at her way." Jungkook said indifferently. 
"Hmmm... You sound different, kid." He said while playing with the latter's hair. Jungkook tried to play it cool but he lose it when Taehyung won't stop ruffling his hair. Taehyung who saw Jungkook's expression quickly run away from the younger. 

"Oh no you're not, Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook said as he try to catch on Taehyung. 

They both pass Eunha, Umji, Sinb and Yuju who was walking to the cafeteria. 

"Gosh. What are they up to now?" Sinb said in disgust. 

"Let them be." Yerin said from behind. 
"Hey! What made you so late,huh?" Sinb immediately clings onto Yerin. 
"I was helping my English teacher arranging books just now." 
"Okay! Now that we are complete, let's rush for our favourite red bean bun guys!" Yuju said running to the cafeteria. 

***

In the corner of coffee shop, Yoongi was seen keeps scratching his head try to solve the questions on his book. 

"Urghhh!" He groans in dismay.
"What's up dude?" Jin ask as he comes with another bunch of books. Yoongi frowns as he stares at the latter. 

"Hyung... How are you gonna finish this, seriously?" He pokes at the tower of books.

"No!" Jin screamed as the tower start to lose it balance. He try to secure it by holding it dearly. 
"Sowon told me I have to read all of this if I want to succeed in my exam. Plus, I need to work harder so that I can go to the same university as her." Jin said as he pulls his seat. 

"Gosh hyung. Stop dreaming about uncertain things. Sowon was accepted to Seoul University for her intelligence." 
"How dare you belittle me, you unworthy kid!" Jin try to push Yoongi away from his seat. Yoongi laughs as he saw Jin's  furious face. 

"Cut it off kids. I don't spare my precious time for this." Sowon approaches them with smile. 

"And you, Yoongi. I thought we decided that you're going to call me Sowon noona if I agree to be your tutor, right?" 
"My princess!" Jin rushes to his girlfriend. 
"Oh come on. Get a room please." Yoongi said in disgust. 
"And, do I really have to call you noona when you're just few minutes older than me?" He continued.

Sowon was born in 31 December, a few minutes before New year. Yoongi on the other hand, was born in 1 January right at 12 am. 

Sowon pout in defeat as she sits in front of Yoongi. Jin then try to calm his girl while giving death glare to Yoongi. 

"Babe, I'll go get your favourite caramel macchiato, okay?" 
"Thank you, honey." 
"You're most welcome, my baby girl~" Jin said excitedly and went to the counter. 

"Yucks!" Yoongi said while showing his finger into his mouth. 

"Stop being lovey dovey will you?" Yoongi rolled his eyes. Sowon mockingly smiles at him.

"You're just jealous because you have no one, right?" 
"Nope. I'm fine by myself." Yoongi said ignoring the girl. 
"Oh really? I thought that you-"
"You thought what?" Yoongi cuts her off.

"Nothing. Hmmm how's school? I miss Umji. I heard that she had new friends. I'm glad to hear that." 
"Yup." Yoongi immediately smiles as he heard the name. Sowon who realised it, smirks. 

"Well... Have you confess to her?" Yoongi was startled as he heard the statement. He intensely stares at Sowon, 

"I've told you to keep it secret, right?" 

Sowon laughs as she saw Yoongi's panic expression. Actually, she was rather his alter ego considering they have quite similar age. Sowon always about being younger than her and Yoongi always try to act like he's better than Sowon. Due to that, they become close to each other. 

"Chill. I think Jin kinda knows about it already."
"He does??" He try to lower his voice as  quiet as possible.
"Hmmm... I thought you told him about it?"
"No! Why should I? I'm not that crazy to do such a thing! You know how Jin hyung can't zip his mouth around people, don't you?" He hissed. 
"Hmm... I thought you're the one who told him about this thing that happen at library. Erm... about Umji asking something to you." Yoongi thoughts about it for a while before smacking his forehead. 

"Oh no, he don't." Yoongi said as he eyed Jin who was still waiting for their drinks. 
"Yes he is. He was like, I think Yoongi has a crush on Umji." Sowon mockingly laughs. 

Yoongi looks away in despair. He still can't believe Jin manage to figure out his feelings. 

"You should just confess." She sweetly smiles towards Yoongi. 
"Oh come on! Be a man for once! It's not that hard. Look at me and Jin. If it's not for Jin, then I wouldn't be the happiest woman alive." She continued, gladly smiling at the latter. 
"Cut it off, Sowon. I'm pretty sure that it was not me." Yoongi sighs as faced the cafe's window. 
"What do you mean by that?" Sowon frowns. 

"From the way her eyes glows and twinkles when she asked me about definition of love, I was quite sure that she had crush on someone. But the guy was not me." 
"Well... We couldn't be sure though. But why do you feel that it was not you? You know how Umji clings onto you all the time, right?" 
"Hmmm I think he only sees me as a brother." He said disappointedly. 

Jin then approaches them with a cup of caramel macchiato and two cup of Americano. 

"We'll talk about this later." Sowon whispered to Yoongi. 

***

Jungkook rush to his door as he heard the knocks. 

"Coming!" He shouted. 

As he opens it, he smiles. Yoongi was standing outside of his house with a gummy smile. 

"Oh hyung! Come in!" He said in delight.
"No, it's okay. I come to give you this. My mother said that you'll love this." He hands the plastic container. 
"What is this?" He peeks at the container. He then jumps in excitement as he saw glazed donuts. 

"It's my favourite!" Jungkook said. 
"It's homemade." Yoongi grins. 
"You made it, hyung?" 
"No silly. I just help my mom to put it on the oven." 

Jungkook laughs with the answer. He was still excited with his donuts until he saw something shiny on Yoongi's wrist. 

"What's that, hyung? So girlish~" He try to tease the latter. Yoongi smiles as he gladly hold up high his hand. 

"Oh this? Umji gave it to me." He brags. 
"Umji?" Jungkook's expression start to change.
"For your birthday?" He questioned the latter. 
"Nope, silly. She bought me a Bluetooth speaker for my birthday. Don't tell me you already forget about it? You made a big fuss about how Umji always gave me expensive things, don't you?" 

Jungkook then smack his forehead and grins 

"Gosh. How could I forget that. Yeah. She always pampered you with things. I was so mad at that time because it was me who wants the speaker. I'm the one who keep saying how cool it is to receive those as a present." He pouts. 
"Why did she gave you this then, hyung?" He ask, still interested. His eyes were kept on the bangle.
"Ermmm.... She said it is to encourage me to study harder. You know my exam is just around the corner, right?" 

Jungkook gave a single nod. Of course he understands how important the exam to his hyung. As a matter fact, he is the one who keep worrying regarding his brothers' well being. 

"She's such a great kid at heart. She'll make a great wife soon." Jungkook smile sweetly. 

***

The girls had their girls night out at Sinb house as her parents went to Australia for their anniversary. 

"We're so thankful for your mom for providing such a various amount of food, Sinb!" Yerin said happily, stuffing herself with foods. 
"Yup. She was so worried that you guys will starve yourself, thus she prepared the food in advance!" Sinb said widely smiling. 

Umji giggles as she saw Yerin chokes on her nachos as she keeps gorging all the food.

"Be careful, unnie!" Eunha hissed. 
"Don't worry! No one will steal your food from you!" Eunha shove a glass of water to her sister. 
"Yes, unnie. Eunha is right." Yuju shook her head in disbelief as she saw the messed. 
"I just went to the toilet for a few minute and this happened??" She widened her eyes.

All of them laugh at Yerin who cheekily smiles at Yuju. She then shows a peace sign with both her hand while keep munching her food. Umji was still giggling at Yerin's silly act when she realise her phone vibrated. It was a text from Jungkook. 

"Who's that? Is it your boyfriend?" Sinb teased as Umji replied the text. 

"No. Since when do I have boyfriend? It's Jungkook oppa. He asks about math's homework." 
"Oh! I was right after all! IT IS  your boyfriend!" Sinb claps frantically while laughing. 

"Wait. Jungkook is your boyfriend? But I thought Eunha-" 
"Unnie!" Both Eunha and Umji scream at the same time. Yerin was so shocked as she closed . It was not her intention to reveal her sister's deep secret. 

"Eunha what?" Yuju asked. She straightened her seat, interested with the topic. The atmosphere suddenly become awkward with everyone anticipating Yerin's answer. Eunha hides her face with her long hair. 

"They didn't know about it yet?" Yerin whispered to Eunha. She just shook her head weakly. She then let out a loud and long sigh as she faces them. 

"Well..."
"Well what?" Yuju and Sinb said in unison. 
"Urgh." She groans.
"Come on, Eunha! Tell us!" Yuju urges her. 

Eunha was hesitating at first but she gave in as Sinb keep persuading her to just open up about everything. 

"Come on unnie! We're friends, right? And, you love us, right??" Sinb tucks her arm. 

"Oufff! I wasn't ready though. This is all your fault unnie!" She glared at Yerin. Yuju who realised the tension then tried to calm everyone. 

"It's okay if you're not ready yet Eunha. We'll just wait until the right moment come. Just remember that we'll always on your side, okay? That's what friends are for." Yuju smile sweetly. Eunha immediately felt sorry to her friends.

"No. I don't think this is fair for you guys. I love all of you equally. So, I think I should talk about this to you as well." Eunha paused for a moment. She tried her best to gather her courage. 

"Hmmmm..... Well... I've actullay been crushing on Jungkook for quite a while." She said as she bummed her face onto Umji's shoulder. Yerin nods and grins while the other two widened their eyes in disbelief. 

"You what? But, Umji..." Sinb said as she shift her gaze at Umji. 
"What about Umji?" She continued. 

Umji smiles calmly as she holds Eunha's hand. The latter was still shy, she hung down her head as low as possible. 

"Oh no. I've told you there's nothing between us, right? Jungkook oppa and I was no more than a good friend. That's all." She said as she tries to curve a wider smile. It was difficult for her to deny her own feeling even when she knows that was the best decision for all them three. She looks dearly at Eunha who is still hiding her face. 

"Eunha unnie will make a great couple with oppa. Let's do our best to support them." Umji said try to cheer up the awkward atmosphere. Yuju who still finds it hard to believe her ears sit in wonders a few seconds before she finally voice out. 

"But, why him though?" Eunha immediately nods frantically as she agree very much to the statement. 

"I know right! Why him? Out of all people in our school, why do I have to like him?! He's so evil and always act like a jerk to me. But..." 

"But??" Both Sinb and Yuju said in unison. Eunha let out a sigh before smile and continued

"He's so nice and soft hearted. I mean, he can act as if I'm nonexistent or even the girl that he hated the most in this world but in the same time he'll treat me as if I'm the most luckiest girl alive. He's charming in his own way and I can't help but not to fall for him! You know how much I love anime, right? He's just like all those princes from anime. I'm very sure that he's one of the prince who come right out of manga!" She said in excitement. She then took a deep breath as she continued. 

"My heart can't beat in its own rhythm every time he come near me and I find it hard to breath when he starts to smile at me. And the worst part of all is when I feel as if the world has stop spinning and there's only me and him who exist even when we only had a simple conversation. It was quite embarrassing to say this with my own mouth but, yes. I do like Jeon Jungkook." 

All of the girls stare at her in amusement. It was quite fascinating to see Eunha could react in such a way just because of a simple guy. Indeed if he was able to do this, he wasn't a simple guy at all. He's a wonder.