Distorted

House of card: Her

Flashback 

It was their movie night. Jungkook and Eunha always set Saturday's night as a movie night day regardless of his busy schedule. 

"Hmm... I want to watch action film, though." He whined as Eunha put her favourite drama on screen. 

"We will. After we finished this one, okay? I've been dying to know what happened to Joo Ji Ah." She squeals over the thought. Her husband smiled in amusement as he watched her tingled with excitement over a drama. 

After a few minute into the show, Jungkook set his head in her lap as he saw Eunha was being a little too immersed with the drama.

"My dear."  He said as he poked her chin and giggled over the sight. 

Eunha's lips curved into a quirky smile hearing her husband calling her with her favourite nickname. 

"I can see your double chin in this angle." His giggle turned into outright laughter when Eunha deliberately brought her chin down causing the skin under her chin to be folded even more. 

"I love fat Eunha." He said as he keep poking her chin. 

Eunha was going to ignore him but as she couldn't withstand it anymore, she burst out into laughter. 

"Stop! It tickles!" Eunha shrieked. 

Jungkook grinned as Eunha shoved him away, trying to put her focus into the drama. 

"Dear, why do you always love to watch these type of dramas? In the end the main guy will get the girl. And, she will leave the other guy broken hearted." He commented. 

"Simple. Because it's fun and makes me feel giddy in the inside." She chuckled. 

Jungkook then mischievously  grinned as he pointed to himself, signalling he obviously has the same effect for her.

"Awww... Stop teasing me!" Eunha giggles.

End of Flashback 

***

Jungkook froze as Eunha unwrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips detach and his eyes were all over the place, hiding the embarrassment overwhelming him. 

"I...I..." He stuttered as he tried to speak for himself. 

However, before he even able to say something, Eunha fall onto the couch and passed out. 

Jungkook widened his eyes for a few second then chuckled over the sight of his drunken wife.

"Why do you always one step ahead of me, my dear?" He grinned as he poked at her chubby cheek. 

He then put a hand under her head and another under her waist as he carry her in bridal style into their room. 

"Maybe, being a husband to 15 years old Eunha wasn't that bad after all." He chuckled. 

As, he tugged the blanket over her and moved to the other side of the bed to get some rest, he noticed something peculiar under their bedside drawer. 'Is that...' 

"Necklace!" He exclaimed. 

***

Yuju leaned her body towards one of their dance room's door where Hoseok was seen swiftly moving his body to the music beat. 

"1,2. 1,2." He repeated to his students. 

"Lets take 15 minutes break shall we?" He suggested as he saw Yuju was waving at him. 

"Hey oppa." 
"Oh hi Yuju." Hoseok said as he catch on his breath and wiped off sweat trickled on his forehead. He bob his head slightly, questioning her unexpected visit. 

"Have you seen Jimin oppa?"
"Doesn't he tell you? He ask for a leave today. He said that there's something he need to settle."

Yuju furrowed her eyebrows to the statement. 

"No. He didn't." She blinks innocently as she tried to remember if the guy had informed her beforehand. 

"That's weird. Jimin oppa rarely ask for a leave. I wonder what is this all about." Yuju muttered to herself. Hoseok on her side looked away as Yuju expressed her concern. 

Flashback

"She what? Are you serious?" Hoseok widened his eyes in disbelief. He sat in deep silence as he tried to process the information. 

"But, why? How?" He said, with his voice no longer loud. 

His face grew solemn and Jimin knew that the latter felt the same distress that he had been hiding since the dinner. 

"Yes, I know. I was surprised over the fact too."
"But, it doesn't make sense! Are you sure you're not imagining things?" 

Jimin took a few seconds, pondering his answer. 

"Do you remember there's this one time when Yerin was so anxious over the fact Eunha went missing? It was past the school hours and she should be home by then but Yerin claimed that she's nowhere to be found." Hoseok slightly nodded. 

"We were the one who had all the troubles just to locate her whereabouts but then shortly afterwards, Sinb and Yuju called us, informing that she's safely arrived. You remember it don't you?" 
"Oh, just spill it out, won't you?" Hoseok groaned, complaining about Jimin keep beating around the bush. 

"Oh come on! Don't you remember? We decided to split off to look around the neighbourhood, aren't we?"
"So? What's this all about Jimin?" Hoseok said as he started to feel impatient with Jimin. 

"Actually, I did find Eunha when I was roaming around the place. But, I was hesitating to approach her because I saw she was having a fight with Jungkook. Since then, I was clear about something. I always felt that there is something suspicious about the way Eunha stare at Jungkook. And, I got my answer when I heard their conversation." Hoseok arched his eyebrows in confusion. 

"It was the very day Eunha confessed to him!" He exclaimed. Hoseok gasped to the statement and gulps hard. 

"Are you serious? But why didn't  you tell us about this?"
"I wanted to wait for Jungkook to realise his own feeling. I'm pretty sure that kid feel the same when I saw the amount of affection he had in his eyes for her. Nonetheless, this is not the time to discuss about this."
"I'm still clueless of this whole thing but you're right. What's up with Yoongi hyung, then?" Hoseok scratch his non itchy head. 

"Her eyes, dude! Her eyes! That night, during our gathering, when I was walking to the washroom I saw that she's somewhat was staring intensely at Yoongi hyung. I was watching from across the room and I was very bewildered when I realised she had the same sparkly, bright gaze that are full of affection in which she used to stare at Jungkook with. The only difference was, this time, it wasn't her husband, she was carrying a torch for Yoongi hyung instead!" 

"NO WAY!" Hoseok's jaw drop opened, shocked by the remark. 

"I know it's hard to accept but if this is true, then we had to do something in order to help Jungkook." 

End of Flashback 

Hoseok shook his head as he realised he was getting carried away by the thought. 

"What do you need from him anyway?" He suspiciously stared at Yuju who was spacing out as well. 

"Oh. I just wanted to return this muscle spray." Hoseok widened his eyes over the pain relief spray. 

"Jimin share things with you? He never did that with me." 
"Hmmm... I guess he's just being nice because I'm a girl." She bashfully smiled and walked away. After a moment, she turned back to the guy who keep scratching his non itchy head. 

"But, if you happened to bump into Jimin oppa later, please tell him that I'm looking for him." 

"Will do." Hoseok replied, short, as he saw her backside stride through the hallway. That's when something struck him. 'She could just passed it over to me though,' he shrugged. 

***

Eunha jerked up, breathing heavily with her heart raced inside her chest. She widened her eyes, uncontrollable blinking as she tried to process her thought properly. 

"It's a dream?" She muttered under her breath. 

She then pushed away the blanket and walked toward the living room, with her hand was kept on the right side of her head due to severe migraine attack. 

"Ahh... This is killing me." She groaned. 

She sat herself on the couch as her eyes caught on a sticky note placed on the coffee table. 

"I've cook hangover soup for you."

Her eyes shift towards the bowl of soup on the dining table before she continue reading the message. 

"Please make sure to eat that and get a full rest. I promise I'll be home early today. Have a great surprise for you. Take care. :)" 

And, as soon as she finished reading the last sentence, she crumpled the note and walked toward her room, grabbing her phone. 

"Hello? Yes. Can we meet today?" 

***

"Yo Jimin!" Taehyung said as he fist bump the latter. Jimin mischievously grinned at him before nodding his head towards Yerin who was busy with customers at the counter. 

"Hello Yerin." He greeted and slightly waved at the girl. He then took a sit near the counter as the girl approached him with a broad smile. 

"What brings you here, Jimin?" She asked. 

"Yup. What's up with the sudden visit, dude?" Taehyung said as he passed two cup of latte to his wife. 

Jimin took a sip of it as Yerin put the cup in front of him. Taehyung then quickly went to the counter to attend the customers. 

"Taehyung will be done soon. The cafe is quite full since it's now lunch break time." Yerin smiled apologetically as she took a glance at Taehyung who was hoping he was granted with 10 hands instead. 

She then switch her focus back to Jimin as the latter cleared his throat, staring intensely at her. 

"No, Yerin. I come to have a word with you." Yerin's eyebrow arched in curiousity as she detected the seriousness in his tone. 

"Me?" She pointed to herself and Jimin nodded slightly to her question. 

***

"Come in, Mrs Jung." Dr Kim said with a broad smile. 

Eunha walked in to the room, looking gloomy as ever. She is still squeezing on her head that keep throbbing with time. Occasionally, she bang her hand over the aching side, thinking that will reduce the excruciating pain. 

"Are you having a migraine?" Dr Kim asked as she took a sit in front of him. 

She simply nodded. 

"Have you took your analgesic?" 

Another nod. 

"I've already took 3 tablet before coming here and it still hurts a lot." 
"I'm sorry to hear that." Dr Kim voiced out his concern. 

"Is this the reason why you wanted to set a meet up with me today?" 
"No." She squinted her eyes over the light that starting to hurt her even more. 

"I had another nightmare, that's why." 

Dr Kim lifted his eyebrows to the remark.

***

"So, what did he said?" Taehyung approached her wife as he saw she was being in her own world since Jimin's visit just now. 

"No-nothing." 
"Nothing?" He asked as he pulled a chair in front of her. 

"Oi, Jung Yerin. I know you used to say that you always fantasising you and Jimin ending up in the wedding altar together in the past, but you still remember I used to had a crush on your best friend, Joy in high school, right? So, if you leave me for that goody-goody guy, then I might as well come up with another plan to cheat on you as well." Taehyung narrowed his eyes as he flicked his wife's forehead. 

"Shut up, this is not the time for another stupid jokes of yours, Kim Taehyung." She scoffed. 
"Tell me what is it then." He grumbled. 

Yerin rolled her eyes toward her childish husband before uttering, 

"I guess he was just worried about Jungkook and Eunha. I would love to think that it was just an absurd accusation though."
"Accusation? What in the world did he told you, Yerin?"

Yerin averted her gaze away from Taehyung as she pondered upon the answer.

"I'm not sure. But, I think it's better if we look into this more." 

***

"Now, please don't be alarmed over this new information. I know this must be real hard for you but we ought to be aware for some possibility of False Memory Syndrome, Mrs Jung." 
"I don't think I can handle some medical jargon with my condition , doctor." She said in annoyance as she squinted her eyes again due to the pounding pain. 

"It's when a patient with dissociative amnesia develop a factually incorrect memories but they strongly believe in them." Dr Kim clutched both of his hand together and he put them under his chin as he stared at Eunha.

"But, it felt real doc. It really does." Her voice starts to tremble. 

"Mrs Jung. I want you to understand this. A person with dissociative amnesia might fabricated some false and distorted memories during his or her recovery." He explained as he leaned forward.

"I've advocated you to clarify more with your husband regarding this matter, don't I? Did you ask him about it?"
"He was keeping away some informations from me. That's why I couldn't get anything from him. He keeps on saying that I couldn't bear the pain if I ever to find out the truth so it's better if I remember everything by myself." 

Dr Kim leaned back to his chair, frustration grew over him as he looked at his patient's confused face. 'This is going to be harder than I thought.'

***

Jungkook curved a radiant smile as he arrived home. He was holding a plastic of Eunha's favourite snack on one hand while he put in his house's passwords with his other. 

As he pushed slightly the door, he was shocked with a glimpse of a figure who was standing in front on it with a solemn face. 

"Eunha?" His smile fainted as she stared at him, expressionless. 

He took a glance at a huge suitcase on her hand before widening his eyes. 

"What happened, Eunha?" His voice was soft and calm but his eyes quivered over the sight of the bag. 

"I'm going to my parents' house." She rudely said. 

"But, they live in Suncheon. I'm pretty sure all train to Suncheon is not available at this hour." 
"Not there. I want to go to our old house." She scornfully rolled her eyes. 

Jungkook let out a sigh and try to grasp Eunha's arm. 

"No. Tell me what happened, Jung Eunha." 

His face then hardened as Eunha yanked his arm away. 

"Are you deaf? I don't have time for this. My cab is waiting for me." She said as she tried to make a way for her bag. But, Jungkook stubbornly stood in front of the door, refusing to let her go. 

"No. Not until you tell me what happened Eunha." Eunha sensed agony in his tone. 

"Pathetic." She blurted out. 

Jungkook widened his eyes in disbelief as he heard the statement. 

"Yes, you heard me. I said, pathetic. You are such a pathetic loser, Jeon Jungkook. How could you even thinking of cheating on the back of your wife? The one who poured all her love for you, the one who basically lived her life for you?And, even with what you've done, she's still devoted to you, she even sacrifice her own life for you for god sake!" Eunha screamed. 

Jungkook could feel his legs are trying to give away but he gather his last strength to confront her.

"No, Eunha. What made you come into such conclusion? I wouldn't ever cheat on you. I only had my eyes for you. Eunha, please... please tell me what's this all about?" He pleaded. 

"I had another dream."

Jungkook looked down, unsure of what will this brought him into. 

"And, you were freaking cheating on me in it."