Rainbow

House of card: Her

I added another chapter before this. 
 

Yoongi's eyes were locked to the ground. As much as he wanted to know what does Umji meant when she said something about 'things that shouldn't happened', he was afraid. He was scared that he might make a mistake and do something that make him regret later. 

 

"I really have something to tell you oppa." Umji start to break the silence that has been killing them. 

 

Yoongi look up to her with thousand of questions in his mind. But above all he just wanted Umji to openly come out and tell him everything that she has been hiding. He could feel the tension between them was crackling like electricity, ticking like a time bomb that might explode anytime. 

 

"I think I should come straight forward for this. It's been too long and it is not right. I'm well aware of it."  She said carefully, her eyes desperately trying to catch his. 

 

"... what do you mean?" Yoongi frowned as he saw her sincere stare.

 

"I would be a fool if I've never realised those feeling that you had. You had always sacrificed your own happiness when it comes to me. And, I know everything oppa. I do." 

 

Yoongi could feel his heart skip a beat with the sentence. He tried to say something but it felt like his lips were sealed and he can barely reply to the girl. 

 

"I'm sorry if you feel like I've been putting blind eyes for your heart." She continued as the later was too startled to say anything.

 

His heart wrenched as he saw the only girl that could touch his icy cold heart’s face turn disheartened.

 

"You don't have to say anything, oppa. I know it's my fault for not-"

"Hey, it's not. It’s never your fault." He finally gathered his courage to speak up.

 

"I'm sorry if I look like a fool to you but there is nothing I can do anyway. I... really like you, Umji." As Yoongi look back at her, Umji blinked couple times and tears start pooling in her eyes. 

 

"Just give me a time to straightened everything out. By then, I promise you that I'll double the amount of affection you've ever poured for me. Let's stop all this fake relationship and start building our own love story, shall we? Let's date for real oppa." She earnestly looked in his eyes.

 

There's no other words that could explain his feelings at the moment. It almost feel as if he escape from 1 million debts, as if he finally able to find the leprechaun’s gold at the end of rainbow. Yoongi gave his most sincere smile as he slowly grab her grips. 

 

"I know you've been crushed. But, please let me put colours in your world and make you happy, Umji. Please... be happy and content. Let's have our life happily together."

 

***

 

"What are we celebrating again?" 

 

Eunha raised her eyebrows in confusion. She was still in dazed the fact that Jungkook suddenly told her that they're going to have dinner with their friends. As far as she knows they would only eat out together once or twice a month. But, including this one, it would make a total of four lunch/dinner they had spend together just for the month. It is not that she didn't like it, but she was also well aware of each other's busy schedule, thus she know best that her friends shouldn't have that much time to just leisurely spend so. 

 

Jungkook who was taking a sip of his mango punch blinked blankly couple time at his wife before answering,

 

"I'm not sure too my dear. I just come since they asked me to."

"They who?" 

"Err...." 

 

Her husband's quizzical looks stopped Eunha from asking further. 

 

"So, guys I think most of you guys know why we're here, right?" Jin who suddenly stood up with his glass of champagne, acting like a king who was going to announce a wedding of his heir stole all the attention at the place.

 

"I don't." Eunha mumbled as others nodding frantically while clapping and whistling. Jungkook peeked a bit as he heard her but turned his focus toward Jin again as he himself was as confused as ever. 

 

"We're here to celebrate the couple, Yoongi and Umji!" 

 

Jungkook blinked couple of time in bewilderment, hearing such a surprising news. He froze as he saw Umji was hiding her blushing cheek away from the crowd with her hands while Yoongi was smiling sheepishly, rubbing his nape. His gaze was fixed on the two until Eunha on his side diverted him as she blurted out,

 

"Aren't they've been together since before?" 

"... yeah. But, today is like..." Jimin who was quick to respond, yet struggling to find the perfect answer, eventually could only scratched his head instead. 

 

That's when Yuju his ultimate saviour, who was there handing over the wine interjected calmly, 

 

"Their anniversary." She smiled sweetly as she offered a glass of wine to Eunha. 

 

As Yuju handed Eunha the glass, Jungkook immediately changed his mango punch with the wine and smiles cheekily. 

 

"This is good. And this is not." He pointed to the wine. 

 

"And, you should have the best." He grinned wider, earning a scoff from his wife.

 

"Stop acting coy, will you?" Eunha winced as she rolled her eyes. 

"Yes madam!" He jokingly whooped, straightening out his posture causing the crowd to laugh. 

 

Jungkook was grinning at her wife’s adorable pout when his eyes locked onto pair of eyes who was staring at him. His smile slowly faded as he know who were they belong to. Umji’s. 

 

Both of them were looking at each other for a few seconds until Jungkook lips turned upright, slightly smiling at her, a sign language in which he wants her to know that he was happy too, knowing that she finally find her serenity.

 

***

 

The event end out smoothly. Everyone was bidding them goodbye when only Umji, Jungkook and Eunha left at the restaurant. Umji then smile to the couple, excusing herself as she saw Yoongi was coming with his car. 

 

"I'll get going first guys. Thank you so much for coming today." She said as she rushed to the car. 

"It's nothing really Umji. We are all happy for you." Jungkook flashed a smile and Umji did the same. She slightly bowed her head to both of the couple before entering Yoongi’s Nissan 370Z.

 

"See you again, Kook and Eunha." 

Yoongi lower down the window's car as he bid them goodbye. 

 

As he saw the car starts to disappear from their eyes, Jungkook realised Eunha on his side was in her deep thought, standing like a lifeless doll. 

 

"Hey." He gently pat the girl's shoulder.

 

Eunha shook her head in dazed. She then started to realised that everyone has leave the place. 

 

"Ah... we are the only ones who left?" 

 

Jungkook answered her with a single nod and comforting smile. She then followed him behind towards their car. 

 

The atmosphere in the car was quite dull. Jungkook tried to cheer it up by turning on the radio but Eunha kept her eyes on the road and the tall buildings instead. 

 

"When I was young I remember I want to become an actress." She suddenly blurted out. 

 

"I admire all the actors and actress a lot. I even want to marry one of them. Now, there's one thing that I realised. Not everything that you dream could be yours. But you can always stay dreaming." She continued to fix her eyes on the side road. 

"What do you mean?" Jungkook glance a bit towards his wife. 

"My ideal type when I was young was Won Bin oppa. I really wanted to marry him, so when I was young I made such a goal, I at least need to be actress so that we can meet and-“

“You do know he already married to Kim Na Young right?” He abruptly cut her off and it gained him an annoyed look from Eunha. 

 

“Anyway, that’s not what I’m trying to say. You see now, we’re married right? I could’ve never imagined I would be marrying you. I mean I once was infatuated with Won Bin-“

“Yes but after that you were crushing me so hard, you would follow me everywhere, giggling like little girl so that I would notice you. So what was your point again?” 

 

Eunha gritted her teeth as he saw Jungkook’s mockingly smiling at her. She heaved heavily. 

 

“But, I never had those memories that you’re trying so hard to push onto me.” She asserted. 

 

“I was in love with Won Bin oppa before I know you, went into coma and wakes up to someone who fit the criteria that would be my perfect partner. But, to my surprise he was someone else’s .” She quickly turned her gaze away knowing that her words had hurt his feelings once again. 

 

There were a quick silence between them before Jungkook forced himself into a smile as he tried to maintain his focus to the road. 

 

“Hmm... to be exact, Yoongi hyung does have that cold bad boy aura.” He replied softly.

 

Guilt start to engulf her conscience as she glanced into his wretched eyes. ‘Those miserable eyes again. Are you really happy as what you said Jeon Jungkook?’

 

“I was just joking. Why are you so serious all of a sudden?” She tried to light up the atmosphere even though she know she was already too late. Jungkook was already affected by the harsh words.

 

“What I wanted to say was whatever dream we had in the past, it doesn’t mean it was the best for us. What’s in the present is more important.” 

“I don’t think that’s what you’re trying to imply though.” He chuckled, putting a reddish colour on her cheeks. 

“Well, it doesn’t matter anymore doesn’t it? I don’t even know now what I wanted to say.” She huffed. 

 

Jungkook tittered as Eunha pulled her face and folded her arm. He calmly put the car in park and angled himself towards her. 

 

“Did I annoyed you again, wifie?” 

“Obviously!” And Jungkook earned a light punch as he mischievously smiled at his wife.

 

***

 

It was a beautiful Sunday and Taehyung decided he should grab Yerin’s favourite honey toebokki. He eagerly entered the store that was packed with customer on day off and that was when he recognised the familiar build was standing in line. 

 

“Yo, Kook!” He squealed excitedly. 

“Oh hyung.” The latter beamed radiantly. 

 

Two dazzling handsome figure who were standing side to side were able to cause some ruckus in the shop. Murmurs were heard all over the store before Hoseok came from the toilet area, fist bumping into the two and it certainly heated the store even more. 

 

“Phew. Look at what you’ve done Kook and Taehyung ah. These people would be surprised to know that both of you had tie the knot. Unfortunately, not to each other.” Hoseok chortled at his own execrable pun.

 

“Dude. Gross.” Taehyung grimaced. 

“Don’t be such a homophobic, Kim Taehyung. There’s always room for a thrilling breakthrough.”

 

The two attractive lad gave out small laugh while shaking their head as Hoseok wiggled his brows with suggestive manner. 

 

“Why are you here hyung? I thought you’re on tight diet these days?” Taehyung poke the ‘in making washing board abs’ that Hoseok had been bragging about. 

“That’s what I’ve heard too.” Jungkook tried to invite himself into the conversation. 

“Never heard of cheat days? Never mind that, what are both of you guys doing here at this hour? Don’t you both have that so called admirable life with wives on your side?” Hoseok sneered. Somehow a tinge jealousy is shown in his tone. 

 

“What? I’m buying my wife her favourite. Pretty sure Jungkook is here for a same reason. Both of them were siblings after all.” Jungkook nod in agreement, flashing his big smile. 

 

“Hyung. Don’t you think it’s time for you to end your miserable lonely weekend too? At least we get to date our wives everyday, every single moments.” 

 

Hoseok moued upon seeing Taehyung’s smirk. It has been awhile since Taehyung kept on teasing him about his single life. However he cannot really do anything with it since the only girl he ever sets his eyes on was the haughty Sinb. 

 

‘That arrogant Hwang Eunbi.’ He thought to himself and sigh. 

 

“Stop it will you? I have my own reason.” Hoseok groaned. 

“Sinb.” Both of them chimed in and sniggered.

 

“You should really think about it all over again, hyung. That girl is one hella rollercoaster ride.” Taehyung grab his order and three of them walked out from the store. 

 

“Taehyung hyung is right, hyung. Sinb is absolutely hard to understand.” 

“Or control. Not to mention hot tempered too!” 

 

Taehyung shivered as he remembered Sinb’s death threat on his wedding day; not to cheat or hurt Yerin in anyway or his throat would be in exchange. She even goes on mentioning how she would actually do with his body once that happens.

 

“Enough with that. Oh Kook ah, how’s Eunha doing this day? Is she getting better?” Hoseok tried to change the topic. 

 

“I think some memories are slowly unfolding and she had fully adapted to her  grown self.” 

“Yes. It is surely a nightmare to suddenly wake up to 9 years older version of you. I’m glad you’re the one who were on her side.” Hoseok gently pat on the latter’s shoulder, comforting him.

 

Forcing himself into a smile, Jungkook could only nod. 

 

“That remind me Hoseok and Taehyung hyung. Eunha was suggesting for us all to take a break for a few days. A vacation for us all.” 

“Really? When did she say so?”

 

Jungkook’s memory box trailed to the day when him and Eunha were just got home from an exhausted clinic appointment. 

 

Flashback

 

They spend almost a whole day at the facility and Jungkook cannot explained how worn out it made him. As soon as he opened the door, he bummed his body to the sofa.

 

“I’m sorry that I had to drag you along.” 

 

Jungkook straightened himself and stared at Eunha who was standing near the window with her back to him. She turned a bit, her lips curving a weary smile. He knew how hard it was for her. Every single time after the session, she would came home with several complaints, body ache, nauseated, her head would feel as if the skull had been crushed; it would be throbbing non stop for the whole day. However, to their despair, none of the appointments would succeed in triggering her memories.

 

She let her gaze drift out again, eyes wandering over their neighbourhood. 

 

“I know you’re very busy and I really appreciate it you would accompany me every time.” 

“It’s okay. At least I have an excuse to skip work.” He let out a short chuckle. 

 

He could see that Eunha formed a small smile beside the curtain that hide half her face. 

 

Her thought wandered back to the dinner night, when she could only stare at the couple as Umji purposely confessing out loud her love for Yoongi, holding the teddy bear her partner gave her. A pang of jealousy obviously had hit Eunha and she could only see them from afar, admiring how perfectly the couple for each other.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Eunha shook herself from the thought and tilt her body towards Jungkook who had been staring at her for awhile.

 

“I know it is hard for you. You still can’t remember things and all you get from the therapy is a feeling of people stacking thumbtacks on your head.” 

“That would be exactly what I would’ve decribe it.” She chuckled. 

 

There were a serene silence between the two until Eunha muttered,

 

“I... think I need some time off.” 

 

She needed it to ease her mind of everything, to get a grip of herself and perhaps to really accept the harsh reality; she is now a 24 years old housewife. Not an actress. A married woman, but not to Won Bin oppa. And, Yoongi could never been hers. 

 

The sentence gave him an uneasy feeling, the same ache in his chest that he had felt before. He was in daze for a couple of seconds until he completely absorbed what she truly meant.

 

“Ah... you mean that time off. I thought-“ 

“You thought I would ask for a break up again?” She smirked. 

“Well...” 

 

Suddenly, he felt lost for words and Eunha’s giggle certainly did not help to lessen it. 

 

“What a silly guy.” She said while clutching her stomach. 

“I was talking about vacation of course. It would be great to spend times with our friends.” She beamed. Her radiant smile that have always been the one that makes him forget all the troubles he ever had, soften his inside. He did not think he would ever get tired of it. 

 

“Of course dear.” Jungkook nodded slowly flashing her his most brilliant smile. 

 

End of flashback 

 

“A few days ago. She said it’s too depressing to just be at home. She needs a short getaway.” 

“Talking about the one who doesn’t have to work.” Hoseok sneered. 

 

“Hyung, don’t talk badly about my sis in law!” Taehyung retorted even before Jungkook could say anything. 

 

“Never mind us. How about you? You still can apply for leave?” Ignoring Taehyung, Hoseok continued throwing questions towards Jungkook.

 

“It would be quite hard to convince your manager I think.” Taehyung added. 

 

“I would pitched in somehow.” 

“Somehow doesn’t sound reassuring enough.” 

“I’ll do what I can to make it happen.” He absentmindedly answered.

 

***

 

“WHY DIDN’T YOU BOTHER CALLING ME YOU BETRAYER?!” 

 

Yoongi jerked the phone away from him and grimaced. Sudden regret overfilled him as he massaged his temple and sighed. The scream over the phone would not seem it would stop any sooner thus he decided he needed to ceased it himself. 

 

“Yo Sowon. Chill.” He could feel Sowon was shooting him death glares over the phone. 

 

“How could I? You left me behind you betrayer! You guys went on declaring your lovey dovey relationship, holding a party all by yourself and left out this frail young pretty lady all alone. Huft!” 

“You’re at Japan for god sake! Duh!” 

“You could’ve call!” 

“Do I need to remind you that you were busy with Osaka Glam Week that day?” 

“Well...”

“And it’s just simple dinner doofus. Nothing extravagant.” 

“But, I hated to be last person on earth to know about it.” 

 

Yoongi could feel his cheeks flushed. He cleared his throat trying to come up with something but Sowon already crackling as she sensed unsteadiness in his tone 

 

“Teehee. You’re embarrassed don’t you? Woohoo! Way to go Min Yoongi. You did it! How does it feel, huh? Finally get to be with the only apple of your eyes?” 

“Shut up, Kim Sowon.”

 

He rolled his eyes in defeat but his lips curved into a smile. Who is he going to lie? He have been wanting to call her for awhile. He wanted to tell it all to his best friend. He wanted her to know about probably the best thing that could ever happened to him. 

 

“Come on. Be a gentleman and tell me everything. So, when are you going for honeymoon?” 

“WE’RE JUST LOVER. NOT MARRIED COUPLE.” 

“It’s a pray, okay. Be thankful that I’m the one that made this happen.” 

“Well, not really. I’m the one who confessed.” 

“Pfftt... pretty sure from what I heard Umji confessed first.” 

“Who told you that?” 

“Jin.” 

 

Yoongi massaged his temple and heaved a loud sigh. Of course Jin would told her everything. She’s the apple of his eyes. 

 

“Wait. Why can he contacted you but you won’t reply to me?” 

“Because he’s me baby moron.”

 

As if Sowon could see Yoongi’s sour look, she could not help but laughing again. How she missed that annoyed face on him. 

 

“Oh Yoongi. I really want to come back to Seoul and meet you guys again.” She sighed. 

“Come then. That’s one of the reason I called.” 

“Huh? What do you mean?” 

“Well, Eunha actually suggested us for a vacation. Together.” 

“Really?” She shrieked. 

“Yes. And I think you should ditch everything and be there. We missed you too, Sowon.”