Sister's Interrogation

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’Chaeyoung? Jennie? Wake up, we have to get up early and eat breakfast so that we could go’’

Chaeyoung groggily opened her eyes and yawned, hearing the consistent knocking on her door ‘’We’ll be out mom’’ She yelled back with a bit dry.

‘’Okay’’ She heard her mom said and her footsteps fading away.

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie who was still snuggled up to her making her feel…quite happy and warm. Chaeyoung smiled softly and buried her nose in Jennie’s hair, smelling the most addicting scent in her life. ‘’God I could stay in this position forever’’ She said dreamily to herself.

 Her phone rang making her snap out of her state as she panicked remembering her own girlfriend ‘’W-What am I doing?!’’

Chaeyoung shakily let Jennie out of her embrace and replaced herself with a pillow. She answered the ringing phone and said with a shaky breath ‘’H-Hello?’’

‘’Chipmunk? Are you okay?’’ Lisa’s worried tone rang through her hears ‘’You sound…breathy?’’

Chaeyoung chuckled airily ‘’I don’t think that’s even a word babe’’ She said

‘’Anyways me and my mom are going to the airport now’’ Lisa said excitedly ‘’And I just want to let you know, it’s already morning there right?’’

Chaeyoung looked at the time which read 10am ‘’Yeah…I woke up quite late in fact’’

Another knocking was heard and Alice’s voice is shouting this time ‘’Chaeyoung stop doing naughty things to Jennie and let’s eat! You know mom doesn’t want to start eating unless we’re complete!’’ Her sister’s irritated voice shouted

‘’…what?’’ Lisa said ‘’Did I just heard what I think I just heard?’’ Chaeyoung gulped feeling Lisa’s cold eyes starting to appear in her mind, she wants to curse at her sister right because despite clearing the misunderstanding last night, she’s still teasing her with Jennie.

‘’We’ll be right down! And don’t say things like that jeez!’’ Chaeyoung groaned before getting back to Lisa.

‘’Please don’t mind my sister’’ Chaeyoung sighed ‘’She likes to tease the hell out of me’’

Lisa giggled, dismissing what she thought she heard ‘’Well, you are fun to tease chipmunk’’ She joked ‘’Anyways, you better eat. I don’t want to prevent you from eating since you love eating more than me’’

‘’Well…that’s true’’ Chaeyoung girlfriend

‘’Yah! You were supposed to tell me you love me more than foods’’ Lisa grumbled

‘’Never!’’ Chaeyoung laughed ‘’I’ll call you later than babe. We’re going to an aquarium today but I’ll try to contact you when I’m free’’

Lisa smiled, a bit of envy is still brewing inside her because Jennie gets to spend her time with her girlfriend…and she knows Chaeyoung loves going to the aquarium ‘’Okay…. Enjoy your day then chipmunk.’’ Then her voice turned forced ‘’And also please tell Jen to enjoy herself also…’’ ‘’But not too much with you…’’

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’I will…I love you’’ She said

‘’I love you too’’ Lisa said lovingly before hanging up.

Chaeyoung charged her phone as she went to Jennie’s side ‘’Wifey…wake up, it’s breakfast time and we’re running a bit late’’

‘’Five more minutes baby please’’

Chaeyoung blushed, a small part of her liking that new endearment, she shook her head and gently shook Jennie to wake her up ‘’Come on wifey, we don’t want our moms storming here in the room’’

Jennie opened her eyes slowly; she was still having fun in her dream about her and Chaeyoung finally getting together. She smiled dreamily looking at the bare faced of her love in front of her, thinking it was still a dream ‘’Hi baby, good morning’’

Chaeyoung was still red in the face and stuttered ‘’G-good morning to you too wifey’’

Jennie giggled and hugged Chaeyoung tightly ‘’I’m going to cook breakfast for us then we’ll go out on a date’’

‘’Uhm wifey…’’ Chaeyoung said nervously, she didn’t know why but her heart rate is picking up ‘’Mom already made us breakfast and they’re waiting for us downstairs…we should really go down now’’

Jennie let go of the hug and was confused for a few seconds before reality came crashing up to her ‘’Oh God…’’ She whispered before a blush took over her face. She groaned and wanted to hide from Chaeyoung ‘’Please...just please don’t mind what I just said…’’

Chaeyoung giggled and couldn’t help herself as she pinched Jennie’s cheek ‘’Let’s go pabo’’ She teased

Jennie pouted but clung to Chaeyoung as they walked downstairs to eat breakfast, climbing down to her back and Chaeyoung didn't relaly mind, in fact, she's quite enjoying Jennie's attention to her.

‘’Finally! I thought you guys would never come out of the room’’ Alice rolled her eyes before looking at Chaeyoung ‘’Why did you have to lock your room though? It’s not like I’m going to prank or blackmail you’’ She smirked

Chaeyoung lightly scoffed at that ‘’Yeah…and pigs could fly’’

Alice chuckled and then stared at Jennie who was looking at her younger sister with an expression filled with an emotion she knew too well ‘’I got to talk to her alone before we go to the aquarium’’

One thing is for sure, Alice is going to find out their true feelings. She will make sure her sister will not go into depression again when she and Jisoo broke up. She remembered her sister’s almost emotionless and sad face ever since she returned from Korea a year ago that it hurts her to see her like that. She looked at Chaeyoung and Jennie, no doubt is on her mind right now ‘’Jennie really has strong feelings for her…but I can’t read yours little sister...it's like you're still confused...’


‘’Hey Jennie’’ Alice grinned, walking towards Jennie who was finished getting dressed up and nodded in approval at what she’s wearing ‘’Nice outfit’’ She smiled innocently

Jennie blinked but smiled in return ‘’Thanks’’

‘’So, Jennie,’’ Alice walked closer to her making Jennie a bit uncomfortable at their sudden close proximity ‘’How do you feel about my sister?’’

Jennie’s eyes widened a bit ‘’What do you mean by that?’’

‘’Your feelings…’’ Alice whispered ‘’I need to know how strong your feelings are.’’

‘’Chaeyoung told me last night that you being her girlfriend is a misunderstanding’’ Jennie felt her heart shake a bit in hurt but stood strong. Jennie smiled sadly ‘’I’m sorry I didn’t deny it yesterday…’’

‘’I’m not angry at that’’ Alice said ‘’Anyone who has no knowledge at the two of you could clearly see how much chemistry you two have…so even I, a lawyer in the making, thought that you two are together’’

‘’But sadly, she’s with my best friend’’ Jennie smiled in pain and Alice could see the hurt in her eyes so she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, making Jennie take a deep breath and answer her question

‘’Chaeyoung is my happy pill. I don’t know but the day I saw her for the first time, I felt a magnet pull me towards her. I became more clingy...more than usual to her, my heart beats at every action she makes’’ Jennie smiled happily remembering her moments with Chaeyoung ‘’But most of all…seeing her happy because of me is one of the best feelings I could ever have. I feel like I could take on the whole world…even the galaxies if she’s by my side’’

‘’Her eyes…so warm and full of emotion that you can feel it yourself. Whether she’s happy, sad, or upset, it makes you want to take action if she’s feeling any negative emotions. Her talents…every time I hear her sing or see her dance, I just fall in love even more seeing how humble and breathtaking she is when she’s doing something she loves. And most of all’’ Jennie’s eyes twinkled ‘’Her personality itself. She’s so sweet, kind and just lovable in all sides! Like how can someone be so angelic and so perfect? I know her imperfections…but somehow, knowing it still, it makes me want to hug her so tight and love her imperfections just as much as her perfections...’’

Alice was stunned at the speech Jennie was giving to her right now ‘’This girl…’’ She thought ‘’But aren’t you hurting that she chose someone, specifically your best friend?’’

Jennie grimaced at that ‘’It’s not like I have a choice’’ She chuckled sadly ‘’I love her…but I’m not going to push her out of my life. She’s important to me, and I made a promise that I’ll never leave her side no matter what happens...’’

‘’But you’re hurting…’’

‘’And I love her. It’s as simple as that’’ Jennie smiled strongly making Alice respect her even more.

‘’Why did you and your family come here?’’ Alice asked softly ‘’Because if you’re not her girlfriend, why did you and your family come? Like, that’s only married couple do anyways’’ She chuckled

‘’…it was my mom’s idea’’ Jennie sighed and looked down ‘’She saw through my feelings and thought maybe…just maybe Chaeyoung could choose me by the end of this vacation. Mom said I should grab this opportunity and make one last shot to make her mine’’ Jennie whispered, judging by how sincere Alice is, she decided to just tell her the truth.

‘’So that’s why they also didn’t deny my assumptions’’ Alice realized ‘’You have good parents Jennie’’

‘’I don’t have the good parents’’ Jennie looked and smiled seeing her mom and dad all dressed up coming down from the stairs ‘’They’re the best’’

Alice smiled and hugged her tightly ‘’Just know that you have a friend in me also…I want to smack that stupid younger sister of mine for missing you out in her life’’ She joked

Jennie hugged back ‘’Please don’t do it. I don’t want her getting hurt’’ She joked back

Alice let go of the hug and winked ‘’Just to let you know, I’m totally helping you in this Operation: Make Chaeyoung Realize She’s Stupid’’

Jennie was surprised ‘’But I don’t want you getting involved in our crazy love triangle…’’ She said ‘’Besides…you haven’t met Lisa yet; you shouldn’t like me too much for your sister’’

Alice chuckled ‘’I’m a lawyer in the making Jennie. I saw Lisa on Chaeyoung’s phone and just got this gut feeling that she and my sister are just not meant to be’’ She winked at Jennie ‘’I’ve taken a liking to you more anyways…and from what you just said to me, it just made me more determined to help you with all that I can’’

Jennie was stunned, she got Alice’s support just like that? She smiled to herself ‘’Maybe this could work after all’’

‘’Thank you, Alice,’’ Jennie said gratefully

‘’Anytime mate’’ Alice grinned and hugged her again for support

‘’Alice! I told you stop flirting with Jennie!’’

A fuming Chaeyoung was coming over to the hugging Alice and Jennie. Jennie was surprised seeing Chaeyoung fuming just because her sister was hugging her ‘’Did something happen?’’ Jennie thought in confusion.

Alice chuckled seeing her jealous sister in front of her ‘’What? She’s hot’’

Jennie stifled a chuckle seeing the playful look however Chaeyoung just got even more angrier. Chaeyoung huffed and grabbed Jennie’s hand ‘’Mom and dad said we should go now.’’ She just said to her sister while whisking Jennie away from her sister.

Jennie looked amused as Alice winked at her while stifling her laughter ‘’Whoa their hubby, slow down.  What’s the rush?’’ She asked in amusement

Chaeyoung sighed and stopped walking as they were outside of the house now. She massaged her forehead in distress ‘’What is happening to me?’’ Why was she getting jealous anyways? Jennie is not her girlfriend…

Chaeyoung bit her lip, ever since Alice joked about making Jennie hers...she's been feeling this bad twist within her, making her cling to Jennie more...

‘’Hubby is there something wrong?’’ Jennie asked worriedly. Chaeyoung suddenly relaxed at hearing her voice ‘’I uhm…’’ She sighed ‘’I’m sorry for the way I acted earlier…I should also apologize to Alice when we’re on our way to the aquarium’’ She spoke softly

Jennie giggled and grabbed Chaeyoung’s cheek gently to make her look to her eyes ‘’hey it’s alright’’ She said soothingly ‘’You did nothing wrong. In fact, Alice was just teasing you so there’s no hard feelings’’

Chaeyoung smiled softly ‘’How did you know that?’’ She raised her eyebrows questioningly

‘’Let’s just say your sister and I got closer today’’ Jennie smiled ‘’And you’re just acting like a protective hubby’’

Chaeyoung blushed a bit ‘’I did, aren’t I?’’ She chuckled

‘’There you girls are’’ Mr. Kim beamed at them ‘’Let’s get this aquarium tour started!’’

Jennie released her hold on Chaeyoung and groaned ‘’Dad please…stop acting like a child’’

Chaeyoung laughed and let Jennie hide her face in her neck, probably due to embarrassment ‘’Let’s go!’’ She shouted just as eagerly.

In her neck, Jennie just smiled happily hearing her father and Chaeyoung talk excitedly. Listening to them getting along is enough for Jennie to feel more reassured that she can do this all in just a week. 

‘’Chaeyoung! Did you bring extra clothes as well as Jennie’s?’’ Mrs. Park said while raising her eyebrows

‘’Oh, right I almost forgot!’’ Chaeyoung started to ran towards her room again

Jennie was confused ‘’For what Mrs. Park?’’

Mrs. Park just smiled ‘’We’re going to meet something exciting’’


Jennie was hiding behind Chaeyoung as they were next in line for getting to the cage. She saw a girl who is the same age as her crying as her parents consoled her.

‘’I really don’t think this is a good idea…’’ Jennie gulped in nervousness

Chaeyoung grabbed her hands as the instructor started talking about the safety as well as the do’s and don’ts and other protocols ‘’Hey…It’ll be alright. This aquarium is one of the best and safest’’ Chaeyoung encouraged her ‘’Besides, you have your hubby to take care of you’’ She winked at Jennie

Jennie’s heart was beating fast, either in excitement or in fear, but she figures it’s both ‘’You better be right hubby…or else I’m not cuddling with you tonight’’ She said with a stern face making Chaeyoung pout at her

‘’Alright put on our snorkeling gears and get inside the cage’’ The instructor smiled at them ‘’Remember this is only good for 15 minutes so better make it the best 15 minutes in your marine life’’

Jennie let Chaeyoung help her in putting her snorkeling gear and vice versa. She was holding Chaeyoung’s hand tight as she looked down to see multiple marine life in there and if she looked more farther and deeper, she could see the shark’s dorsal fin making her even more nervous.

‘’Hey’’ Chaeyoung said soothingly and gripped Jennie’s hand tightly. She grabbed Jennie’s cheek with her other hand, her own calm but nervous eyes meeting Jennie’s terrified ones ‘’We’ll be okay wifey. Just grab my hand okay? Stay close to me and I’ll protect you from those fishes’’

Alice joked around ‘’Oh Jennie don't bother, Chaeyoung’s just as terrified as you are’’

Chaeyoung pouted ‘’I am not! These are Joohwangie’s cousins so I’ll be happy to meet them’’

Jennie giggled ‘’You’re so cute hubby’’

They entered the cage as well as the diver for more guidance. After everyone was settled in, the cage submerged underwater, immediately welcoming them to the world of the seas.

Jennie gripped Chaeyoung’s hand tightly and stayed really close to her as she felt water all around her, breathing slowly to her own oxygen tank. Chaeyoung turned to her and smiled reassuringly making Jennie calm her nerves down. Her eyes widened in wonder and amazement as she saw something and excitedly pointed to a direction for Chaeyoung to see.

Chaeyoung looked at it and was in awe ‘’A giant stingray!’’ She was absolutely enamored at the marine life surrounding them. Small fishes swimming around them as they all look in amazement.

Jennie looked at Chaeyoung whose eyes were twinkling in happiness and excitement and she couldn’t help but feel the same. ‘’This…is not a bad experience at all’’ Jennie smiled instead, she felt exhilarated even! The thrill of experiencing this shark cage and see many more marine life forms is absolutely an amazing experience.

Jennie looked ahead and her breath stopped as she saw a large shark swim past them, some sharks even stopping and just looking at them. She unconsciously hugged Chaeyoung by her waist, a bit of fear and curiosity brewing inside her.

Chaeyoung felt the gesture and she herself felt her heart stop as well seeing the predators of the sea in front of their very eyes. She placed an arm around Jennie to assure her everything’s fine and somehow, she felt the older girl calm down with her embrace. She smiled a little to herself for making Jennie calm and with that, the wifey and hubby squealed and smiled every now and then seeing the life forms that the sea could offer them while still maintaining their embrace.

Alice unconsciously smiled seeing the two of them together and just thought of a nice gift to give to them ‘’Looks like you won’t need my help too much after all Jennie’’


15 minutes was somehow very quick to pass as they were now dressed in their extra clothes. They thanked the instructor and diver for their help and headed on towards their next destination

‘’So, dad, where are we going next?’’ Chaeyoung said excitedly

Mr. Park grinned ‘’Well, get ready to get cold because we’re going to meet and play with penguins’’

Jennie and Chaeyoung’s eyes twinkled in excitement as they accept the warm clothes given to them. ‘’This day just keeps getting even more exciting’’ Jennie hushed in a whisper

‘’I know right!’’ Chaeyoung beamed ‘’And…I’m glad I get to spend it with you wifey’’

Jennie looked surprised ‘’Not even with Lisa?’’ She kept that question in her mind and just savored the moment ‘’Me too…’’ She smiled softly looking at her hubby with a loving stare.

They stayed in that position, just looking at each other’s eyes and enjoying their own presences until Alice’s voice snap them out of their stupor ‘’Hey lovebirds! We’re going in!’’

Chaeyoung cleared with a slight blush ‘’Coming Alice!’’ She shouted. She looked at Jennie, who was also blushing a bit, and offered her hand ‘’Shall we wifey?’’

Jennie grinned ‘’Let’s play with penguins!’’

As they entered, the two girls were immediately greeted by a cold blast of cold air, making Chaeyoung shiver in coldness and held on to Jennie since she was actually quite warm.

‘’Stay close to me hubby’’ Jennie smiled at her and grabbed her by the waist, as well as laying her head on her shoulders.

Chaeyoung’s heart was beating erratically at their position but she was surprised to feel herself actually enjoying her warmth and basked into it.

‘’Well here are our very own penguins’’ The guide said ‘’Also, it’s your lucky season! Since it’s December, you might have seen penguins incubating their own eggs. This December is actually their mating season, and as such, they are keeping their eggs warm through their fur until it hatches’’

They all looked and watched as Gentoo and King penguins started to surround them. A happy-go-lucky penguin went up to Chaeyoung and Jennie while waving at them excitedly.

The two girls giggled and their eyes sparkled in wonder and happiness as they played around the penguins.

‘’Look hubby! I think the penguin wants to kiss you’’ Jennie joked

Chaeyoung smiled and leaned towards the penguin as they kissed. Jennie gasped ‘’Yah! I was just joking’’

Chaeyoung laughed seeing Jennie’s look ‘’How about I’ll kiss you instead? No need to be so jealous of a penguin’’ She teased

Jennie blushed and stuttered ‘’A-as if you could do that!’’

‘’Now wifey, since when did we switch personalities?’’ Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Usually I’m the one blushing and stuttering between us’’

‘’Stop it Park Chaeyoung or there’ll be no cuddling tonight’’

Chaeyoung flashed a charming smile ‘’I’m just joking wifey~’’

‘’No’’

Chaeyoung laughed ‘’Is this the part where I’ll sleep on the couch?’’ She joked making Jennie smirk playfully ‘’Ooooh I love that idea hubby. You should sleep on the couch later’’

Chaeyoung looked horrified ‘’You’re kidding right?’’

‘’Nope’’ Jennie grinned deviously as Chaeyoung pouted ‘’Oh come on that’s my own house yet you’re making me sleep on the couch?’’

‘’I’m your wifey, so you listen to me’’

As the two married couple bicker, Alice smiled at how they’re enjoying the day and looked at the pictures that she got, unknowingly to her, Mrs. Kim is right behind her and saw it.

‘’Those are pretty cute’’ Mrs. Kim smiled startling Alice a bit ‘’You’re planning to giving it to the two of them?’’

Alice chuckled ‘’Yeah…and there’s more to come after here’’

Mrs. Kim smiled ‘’I can’t wait to see their reactions then…and would you please give one to me? I think I might need it in the future’’

Alice nodded and said ‘’I’ll give you one if I collect enough of it…I want to give you the best shot they have while in this vacation’’

Mrs. Kim and Alice looked at each other and smiled knowingly, their minds connecting ‘’This is for you Jennie/Chaeyoung’’ They thought


Jennie slumped at Chaeyoung’s bed in tiredness, it was now night time and they just got home after eating dinner outside. She didn’t know how their parents got all the money for this vacation, but she’ll not think about it too much for now. She felt a thud beside her and smiled seeing her hubby sprawled out in the bed beside her, also looking as equally tired as her.

‘’What a day’’ Chaeyoung laughed ‘’I can’t believe that there was a moving walkway in the aquarium! How amazing is that!’’

Jennie laughed also ‘’I know right? I still remember the way you squeak when we stepped upon it’’ She teased ‘’Oh and I almost forgot, aren’t you supposed to sleep on the couch to night’’

Chaeyoung whined and hugged Jennie ‘’But wifey!’’

Jennie kept on laughing ‘’Don’t you want Joohwangie to cuddle with you since he’s there?’’

‘’But he might die if I cuddle with him’’ Chaeyoung jutted out her bottom lip to look cuter, making Jennie just laugh at her happily and in amusement.

Chaeyoung watched Jennie in her element of happiness and can’t help but smile softly. She has never seen Jennie so free and happy and…more perfect in her eyes. It’s like no one could stop her right now. ‘’You know’’ She suddenly spoke out in a gentle voice ‘’You should continue on being happy like this wifey…you’re glowing’’

Jennie’s laughter finally died down a bit and sent a genuine smile to Chaeyoung ‘’You’re the reason why I’m happy hubby…’’

Chaeyoung was stunned at what she said ‘’M-me?’’

Jennie nodded and held her hands close to her heart ‘’You don’t know how much you really mean to me hubby…’’ She whispered ‘’You’re very special to me…the reason why I’m this happy is because of you. You make my heart happy so much that I think it’ll burst out any minute’’

Chaeyoung smiled softly and let the moment take over her, she leaned in and kissed Jennie on the cheek ‘’Thank you…’’ Chaeyoung said ‘’I didn’t know I made you this happy…and I want to let you know that you also make me happy wifey…so much’’ She said, happiness and calmness taking over her entire being right now because of this very moment.

Jennie’s face was pink and smiled dazzlingly to her ‘’I’m glad to know that’’ She hugged Chaeyoung and laid at her head by her neck in a cuddling position ‘’Because seeing you happy…is what make me filled with that emotion so much anyways…especially if I’m the reason’’ Jennie whispered and closed her eyes, letting the events of today take over her and lull her to sleep.

Chaeyoung smiled and looked down at the sleeping dumpling ‘’Jennie Kim…you’re so perfect and amazing…’’ Chaeyoung whispered and she could feel her eyes closing in their own accord. She unconsciously tightened her cuddle with Jennie, not wanting to let go of this moment

‘’It’s what makes me feel so…enamored with you...even from the beginning’'


We're slowly getting to Chaeyoung's mind right now. I hope you guys enjoyed the aquarium! I got this inspiration from Blackpink's welcoming collection. If you didn't watch that, Chaennie went diving to see the fishes! It was so cute and imagine only the two of them went diving, they were so close! Argh my Chaennie heart. Anyways, please stream the MV and wait for Blackpink's live performance today in America! I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!