Choices

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’So now we have to do the presentation next?’’

‘’Yah Lisa! Stop being so close to Chaeyoung you’re distracting her’’

‘’More like you’re distracting her since you kept on babbling nonsense’’

‘’It’s not babbling nonsense!’’ Jennie glared ‘’I was helping Chaeyoung explain!’’

‘’Chaeyoung explains it better than you then.’’

Chaeyoung shifted a bit closer to Jisoo letting the two argue ‘’Do they always have to argue because of me? Just what did I do?’’ She asked Jisoo who drank from the juice Chaeyoung’s mom bought up for them

‘’Maybe they like you and likes to have your attention’’ Jisoo shrugged. Chaeyoung slapped her arm ‘’Stop joking unnie…’’

Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung like she was ridiculous ‘’which is true’’ Then she saw Chaeyoung’s eyes ‘’or maybe she’s building up her walls again…’’

‘’Chaeyoung…’’ Jisoo said in a serious tone ‘’you can always talk to me you know?’’ Chaeyoung seems a bit shock at the sudden sentence ‘’How?’’ Chaeyoung inwardly shook her head, even after all this time, Jisoo still knows how to uncover her hidden feelings.

‘’Talk about what unnie?’’ Lisa asked curious, finally finishing her argument with Jennie

Jisoo shook her head and sipped on the juice ‘’It’s nothing.’’ She looked by the windows and saw the sky was orange ‘’so…how about we continue this the other day?’’

Jennie shrugged ‘’We’ve just finished our presentation anyway so it’s your choice’’

Lisa looked at Chaeyoung and grinned ‘’Can I-we come over again chipmunk?!’’

‘’I don’t mind Lisa’’ Chaeyoung grinned back

Jennie growled softly and saw Jisoo just nonchantly letting them be ‘’Sometimes I wonder why are we all friends here…’’

‘’I’m coming with you’’ Jennie suddenly said ‘’Just so my hubby won’t stress around too much’’ She winked at Chaeyoung

‘’Yah! Are you saying I’m dumb!’’

‘’You’re the one asking for help so maybe you are’’ Jennie said innocently

Lisa fumed and huffed

Chaeyoung and Jisoo chuckled at the two bickering girls ‘’Anyways let’s go home now shall we?’’ Jisoo said and stretched her body. She looked around Chaeyoung’s room and smiled a bit at the memories made in this particular room.

‘’Unnie let’s go’’ Chaeyoung called out when Jennie and Lisa already went out of her room glaring at each other. Jisoo snapped out of her dream state and smiled sheepishly before also walking out of the room with Chaeyoung

‘’Take care girls!’’ Chaeyoung’s mom said ‘’It’s sad you can’t join dinner with us but you can always come over anytime’’

‘’Don’t worry Mrs. Park, I’ll keep Chaeyoung company anytime she wants’’ Jennie grinned. One way to get a girl’s heart is to get the parent’s approval after all.

Chaeyoung’s mom laughed ‘’I already like you kid. Take care of my daughter would you?’’

Jennie was about to respond but Lisa spoke fast ‘’I’m also available to take care of your daughter Mrs. Park’’ She said with a charismatic grin ‘’I’m always here for her.’’

Mrs. Park raised her eyebrows in surprise and could sense the sparks of competition between the two. She glanced at her daughter who seems to be awkwardly looking down and averting her eyes away from them while fiddling her fingers ‘’I’ve raised quite a beautiful daughter’’ She chuckled. Her daughter’s love life seems to be very interesting

‘’Aren’t you all such sweet girls’’ Mrs. Park giggled ‘’Now off you go, it’s getting dark and it’s dangerous going home at night’’ She said seriously

Jennie and Lisa nodded furiously before both bowing down to say goodbye. Jisoo shook her head at them ‘’We will Mrs. Park. Thank you for allowing us to come over’’ Jisoo said with a sweet grin.

Mrs. Park smiled softly at Jisoo and said ‘’Chaeyoung why don’t you go and Jennie and Lisa out of the house? I want to talk to Jisoo for a bit’’

Jisoo and Chaeyoung seems surprise but nodded slowly anyways. Both shared a look of knowing before Chaeyoung grabbed both of Lisa and Jennie’s arm and went out of the house

Before Jisoo could say anything, she was embraced by the mother of her ex-girlfriend. She felt warmth unlike no other and just like that, she felt that another person returned to her life, still caring for her and loving her despite everything that happened

 ‘’How are you Jisoo dear?’’ She said softly

Jisoo chuckled and hugged back before releasing it ‘’I’m fine Mrs. Park especially when Chaeyoung and I talked last school year.’’

Chaeyoung’s mom chuckled ‘’Chaeyoung was a wreck when we flew away. We tried everything in cheering her up and I always see that she’s faking her enthusiasm when we’re in Australia.’’ She shared ‘’I didn’t know that time that you guys broke up….I’ve just thought that the long distance is just affecting her.’’

Jisoo laughed and waved it off ‘’It’s okay, I should be the one saying sorry to you guys since I didn’t show up when you flew back to Australia…’’

‘’It’s okay dear, even if it’s a short time, we really love you like a daughter so we understand.’’ Mrs. Park smiled, her smile almost the same as her daughter ‘’We really missed you…’’

Jisoo could really see the similarities between them and she felt a slight ache in her heart‘’I missed you guys too’’ Jisoo said and fought back the tears. Ever since Jisoo met Chaeyoung and became girlfriends, she was really close with the girl’s family and Jisoo just wants so smack herself sometimes for not visiting earlier.

‘’Have you really moved on?’’ Mrs. Park asked suddenly

Jisoo kind of expected this question so she just closed her eyes and took a deep breath ‘’…..yes, yes I have moved on’’

‘’I see…’’ Chaeyoung’s mom looked at her for a good while and decided to change the topic ‘’So those two friends of yours?’’

‘’It appears you notice it also’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’Looks like your daughter is either really dense, or really protective of herself right now’’ Her comment made Chaeyoung’s mother laugh ‘’Yeah I noticed it immediately. Looks like my daughter of mine is having some conflicted feelings right now’’ Mrs. Park giggled ‘’Even I will be conflicted if two gorgeous girls likes me’’ She joked

Jisoo giggled ‘’I’m always ready to help and catch your daughter anytime. I want to make sure those two won’t hurt her.’’ ‘’Like me…’’

Mrs. Park looked at Jisoo with adoration ‘’Aish why can’t you two just get back together so my daughter won’t have conflicted feelings’’ She joked

Jisoo shook her head and shot a small smile ‘’Nah, we’re already fine as it is Mrs. Park. I don’t want to ruin that and we’re happy with it.’’

Mrs. Park giggled ‘’True’’ She mused ‘’Now off you go. I just really missed talking with you and making my daughter blush in embarassment’’ She laughed

Jisoo nodded and hugged the older woman again ‘’Thank you for your concern Mrs. Park…I will make sure Chaeyoung gets all the help she needs when she needs to.’’ She said before walking away

Mrs. Park looked at Jisoo’s back and sighed ‘’Well…those two sure wasted a great relationship…’’ She said ‘’I’ve always like the two of them together.’’ She reminisced Chaeyoung and Jisoo together back in the days and she has never seen that glow of happiness to Chaeyoung so that’s why she likes Jisoo so much.

Then she remembered Jennie’s confidence towards her daughter and not to mention Lisa’s determination to fight back, she smiled ‘’Aish my daughter’s knows how to pick them alright’’ As a mother, she would always choose whoever Chaeyoung’s happiness is, so whoever she might end up with, she will support her until the end.

‘’Follow your heart my daughter…choose wisely’’ Mrs. Park looked by the window and saw them

‘’For whoever you will choose, the other will get hurt’’


‘’So chipmunk’’ Lisa asked when Chaeyoung escorted them out of the house ‘’Jisoo and your mother are close?’’

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’Yeah they are…sometimes they team up to tease me when Jisoo's in my house’’ She said with a small pout on her lips.

Jennie chuckled at that ‘’Your mom is really an outgoing person. I really like her’’ She said before throwing a flirtatious glance to Chaeyoung ‘’But not as much as I like her daughter though.’’

Chaeyoung blushed before clearing ‘’A-anyways, you guys should get going.’’ She stuttered a bit.

Jennie grinned and hugged Chaeyoung ‘’Thanks for being my partner hubby. Let’s be partners again next time’’ She winked ‘’Next time would be a lifetime’’

Chaeyoung giggled and just let her be. Lisa rolled her eyes before kissing Chaeyoung’s cheek ‘’I won’t let that happen chipmunk…you’ll be my partner next time’’ She whispered in Chaeyoung’s ears.

The two then walked off, leaving Chaeyoung with flaming cheeks and more conflicted thoughts. ‘’Just what are those two doing to me…’’

‘’Chaeng’’

Chaeyoung looked back and saw Jisoo there, she saw a bit of emotional drain from her eyes ‘’Are you okay unnie?’’ Chaeyoung asked immediately before walking closer to her

‘’I just really missed your mother’’

Chaeyoung nodded slowly before hugging Jisoo tightly ‘’I’m always here Jichu…You can talk to me anytime alright?’’

Jisoo’s breath hitched, it’s been a long time since she and Chaeyoung have moments like this…It feels so comforting smelling the familiar scent she used to love before. ‘’Keep calm Jisoo’’ Jisoo thought ‘’You’ve moved on. You’re helping them now’’

‘’I know Chaeng…Thank you’’ Jisoo managed to say after a few minutes of them just hugging ‘’I better go home now.’’

Chaeyoung pulled back and smiled softly ‘’Take care okay?’’

Jisoo smiled back just as softly, only Chaeyoung can trigger her soft side even after their breakup ‘’I will.’’


‘’What do you mean we’re going out?!’’

Jennie stood up from her chair looking at her mother dumbfounded

‘’Yes Jennie dear we are going out tomorrow’’ Her mom said surprise at her outburst ‘’It’s a rare time where the three of us are together…don’t you want that?’’

Jennie bit her lips, of course she wants her family together in a hang out but…she was supposed to go to Chaeyoung’s house again to help Lisa and Jisoo for their report.

‘’Is there something you’re going to do?’’

Jennie sighed ‘’Nothing in particular…so where are we going tomorrow?’’

‘’Just a trip from there to there.’’ Her mom lazed off making Jennie sweat dropped at her ‘’Fine’’ Well, even if Jennie Kim loves Park Chaeyoung, family is still important and she does miss her family being complete so why not?

‘’Good then’’ Her mom grinned excitedly as Jennie rolled her eyes but a small smile is playing on her lips. ‘’Oh well, I’m sure Lisa won’t suddenly get Chaeyoung in just a day besides Jisoo is also there so at least they're not alone’’

That is something that she will slightly regret at the future though


Here's a quick chapter! :) Things are going to escalate soon so please bare with my late updates :( The collab is coming soon and did you guys saw Rosie's IG update? Like damn those soft vocals :'( I will probably sleep peacefully every night if Chaeyoung would be the one serenading me. Anyways thank you so much for your comments and support to this story! I do promise that I won't abandon this story and I already planned the outline of the story so don't worry you guys ;) See you all next chapter! (Not literally but you all get what I mean)