Chapter 26

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”

The moment Amber opened her eyes; she was greeted loudly by her brothers. Donghae and Hyukjae were lying on her each sides; Jongwoon was standing by the window, chuckling. Heechul was sitting on the side of her, laughing while Youngwoon and Kibum were sitting by the couch, smiling.

Amber was too lazy to respond to her brothers’ excitement as she wanted to pull the blanket over her face but she can’t. The smirking Donghae and Hyukjae were lying on the blanket, made it impossible for the girl to pull it up.

“Wakey, wakey up, little sister.” Donghae said.

“It’s your birthday! You shouldn’t start this beautiful day with sleep!” Hyukjae continued.

“I’m still sleepy!” Amber whined. She was barely slept because she spent the night skyping with Henry for hours. Henry insisted that he wanted to wish her happy birthday first, on the 12 am dot. Who is Amber to say no to Henry; besides she missed him so much.

“Come on, little pig!” Heechul slapped her leg under blanket softly. “This is your first day of becoming adult.”

Being disturbed, Amber couldn’t find herself going to sleep as she lazily opened her eyes. “Oppas, you are all so annoying!” Her elder brothers just laughed at their little sister’s cuteness. Even when she’s mad at them, she’s still cute in their eyes.

“Now, go wash up, special breakfast is ready for you downstairs.” Jongwoon said to her before they started to leave her room.

After a minute to wake up completely, Amber headed towards the bathroom to wash up. It was before she grabbed her phone from the drawer and noticed a lot of birthday wishes notification from her Korean friends and American friends.

But the one she was the most excited about to receive was from her boyfriend, Minho.

Happy Birthday my beautiful Amber!!! Happy Birthday to you! Muach...! Can’t wait to meet you tonight at the party! I’ll be the one holding red roses for you. Love you babe.

Amber blushed pink at reading the ‘Love you babe’ part. Minho has never ever called her pet name before. Just reading the word has already made her flustered. She loves the pet name. She would really love to hear Minho called her the name himself.

“Love you too, babe.” Amber said out shyly as her eyes kept lingering on the phone for the words.

 

Couldn’t believe herself; it was almost a year for her to be living in Seoul. This will be the best first time she spent her birthday without Henry. This will be the first time she spent her birthday with her 6 Korean brothers.

She’s turning 20 in Korean age which means becoming adult according to the country rule. She’s excited.

Instead of having usual family dinner like her previous birthdays, this year she will have big party planned by her brothers. Her brothers were even more excited than herself for the part. No matter how Amber insisted, she couldn’t win against her 6 brothers who wanted to celebrate it big.

“This is your first birthday spent with us! It has to be big and luxurious!”

“You’re turning 20! In Korea, turning 20 means turning into adult! This is once in a lifetime moment for you! How can we celebrate it with dinner only...!”

“What do you want for your birthday gift, Amber? How about a car? Since you’re adult, you’re allowed to drive already!”

“You do know how long we have waited for this day? We’ve never celebrated your birthday with you personally! This is important to us!”

“You’re our ONLY sister, Amber! Of course, we have to do it the best, the best, the best!”

“You don’t have to lift any finger on it. We’re the ones who will prepare everything for it! Just sit back and enjoy the surprise!”

Remembering what her brothers said to her, Amber could only sighed in defeat. Deep inside her heart, she was actually touched of what her brothers wanted to do for her. She is being treated like a princess by her brothers. They’re really loves her. And she... she really does love them back.

Her brothers have somehow become part of important persons in her life. At first, she’s so awkward with them that she didn’t know what she should do around them. But now, Amber could proudly say that she loves her brothers back. She’s very thankful for her mother to have given her 6 other brothers in her life.

 

Her brothers were being secretive about the party they have prepared for her. Kibum was the one who fetched her from the house to the party location. No matter how Amber pried her brother to tell her, Kibum just won’t say a thing about it.

Kibum laughed as he saw his sister protested. “Now, before we get out of the car, I wanted to give you your birthday gift first.” Kibum reached for his gift from the backseat and handed it to Amber.

Amber was surprised as she received the gift. She immediately opened the wrapped gift and her eyes widen of surprised. It was a watch. But it wasn’t a regular watch.

“I’ve noticed you always wear this brand of watch. I’ve specially asked for the watch to be designed with diamond and crystal. I’ve engraved your name inside, so this is your only watch in the world. None will have the same as yours.”

“Oppa, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” Amber was really touched to tears as she almost suffocated Kibum with her hug inside the car. She couldn’t believe Kibum noticed the only brand of watches she always wears.

“I’m glad you love it.” Kibum just chuckled, patted the girl’s back. “Now, let’s get off this car before hyungs scold me for being late!”

“Wait! I want to wear it first!” Amber immediately took off her watch she’s wearing and put on the new one; the one Kibum just gifted her. Amber couldn’t keep her eyes away from the watch lingere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter