Chapter 34

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oppa!” When Amber was informed that her Youngwoon Oppa has woken up, she was excitedly happy. She couldn’t wait to visit her brother. After making sure she’s equipped with the medical gown, she was allowed to enter the intensive room, along with Heechul beside her.

Youngwoon smiled weakly as he saw his sister and eldest brother approached him.

“I’m glad you’re okay, Youngwoon.” Heechul smiled in relief seeing his younger brother.

“My whole body hurts, hyung. I feel like I’ve been running by a truck!” Youngwoon complained in pain.

“Oppa, are you really going to be alright?” Amber asked worriedly.

Youngwoon heart softened seeing his baby sister. “Come here...” Amber did what he asked. She approached closer to his bed. Youngwoon took her hand, “Don’t worry, ok? I’ll be alright. I’m strong, don’t you know that?”

Amber smiled softly; she knew her brother was just comforting her. But she trusts him; her brother is indeed the strongest.

“Are you alright, Amber? Did you get hurt anywhere? I specifically told you to stay there and closed your eyes. Why did you run to me? You’re so stupid for endangering your life like that!” Youngwoon remembered back of what happened and started to get angry for the girl’s action.

“That’s... That’s because he’s going to kill you, Oppa. I can’t let that happen. You’re my big brother, and I love you. I don’t want you to die.”

Whatever anger, disappointment, pain or any others negative vibes in Youngwoon disappeared instantly after he heard Amber’s confession. Amber just sincerely confessed that she loves him; she cares for him; she protected him with her life. Youngwoon was just so touched that his tears unconsciously leaked.

“I love you too, little sister.”

Heechul who has been witnessing his siblings’ heartfelt confession, couldn’t help but to be touched too. For all his life knowing Youngwoon, he has never seen that softest side of Youngwoon before.

Youngwoon has always been the strongest and the pillar for his brothers, he’s the toughest one and kind of the protector of his siblings. Youngwoon rarely shows his inner feeling out; he’s more introvert in sharing his feeling. So, to watch Youngwoon vulnerability in front of Amber, Heechul was surprised.

Youngwoon has changed a lot. He has become softer; he has started to share more of himself with the others recently.

And it’s all thanks to their little angel.

 

Gradually, Youngwoon condition was getting better and better, he was even moved out of the intensive room to private one where all his family can visit him anytime they wanted. However, it will take long time for him to heal completely as he has his two legs broken. He will need to do walking therapy and a lot of medical treatment in the future.

“I hate hospital!” Youngwoon cursed out. All his brothers and cousins just rolled their eyes ignorantly.

Only Amber cares to comfort him, “Oppa, you need to heal better. I know hospital is boring, but I promise I’ll come everyday to visit you, how about that?”

Youngwoon smiled immediately, “You’re really sweet, Amber.”

“Yeah, only you can deal with him, Amber.” Kyuhyun smirked. “We’ve been dealing with his stubborn for our whole life and got sick of it!”

“YAH! I’m older than you!” Youngwoon scolded his younger cousin.

Kyuhyun didn’t show any fear of the older anger as he was laughing proudly. Just at the moment, they heard the knocking door. All attention turned towards the opening door. It turned out to be Minho who was wheeled inside by Jonghyun and Jinki. Both Jinki and Jonghyun were visiting Minho when the latter asked for their help to wheel him out of the room.

Amber immediately sprang out of her seat as she approached her boyfriend, “Oppa, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be resting in your room?” Honestly, Amber was shocked and worried about his brothers’ reaction to see Minho. To make it worse, all her cousins were present as well.

“Well, well, well, isn’t that the famous boyfriend?” Kyuhyun, being his evil streak, teased with a smirk.

“Shut up, Kyu.” Sungmin scolded his younger brother to keep quiet. Everyone noticed the tensed atmosphere in the room as all attention was on Minho and the Kim brothers.

“I heard your brother has been moved into private room, so I thought I come to visit him.” Minho smiled at Amber before he asked Jonghyun to wheel him closer to the bed. “Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim, please forgive me for visiting you this late. I hope you’re healing fast and very well.” Minho greeted Youngwoon with respect. Even he’s sitting on the wheelchair; he still bowed his head to the older.

Looking at Minho sincerity, Youngwoon sighed as he said, “Thank you, Minho.” Minho was shocked as he looked up at Youngwoon. “I didn’t get to thank you for protecting my sister when I couldn’t.”

Youngwoon sincerely thanked the boy; he remembered clearly how desperate he was when he wanted to shield his sister, but at that time, he really had no energy left to even move a bit. Youngwoon remembered clearly how relief he was when his sister didn’t get any hurt at all. Youngwoon remembered clearly how thankful he was at that time towards that boy who shielded his sister and got slammed by that wood beam himself.

“No, no, please don’t thank me. I only did what I am supposed to do, sunbaenim.” Minho was really shocked to hear the gratitude from the older. He didn’t want to be thanked. He just did what he wanted to do. He just did what he nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter