Chapter 25

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Welcome to The Coffee Library!”

Kibum and Amber who just entered their favourite coffee shop have their eyes widen seeing the girl who just greeted them.

“Jia Jia....!” Amber immediately ran to greet her friend cheerfully. “You work here?”

Jia seemed surprised at the siblings’ presence. “I just start my first day work, Amber. You want something to drink?”

“That’s why I never saw you before. I was very surprised to see you.”

“You came here often?”

“This is my second eldest brother’s coffee shop.”

Jia was shocked at the news. “Ah really? So, ready to order?”

“Oh yes! I want cappuccino today; and also one latte for my brother there.” Amber pointed at his brother Kibum who has taken their usual seat.

“Okay. I’ll send it there right away.” Jia smiled before she started to make the drinks while Amber walked the table. “You do remember my friend, right Oppa? She’s...” Then suddenly Amber remembered that Kyuhyun once told them that Jia was the one who asked for Kibum’s number. “How’s the progress with her, Oppa?” Amber was getting excitedly curious.

Kibum eyed his sister with a glare, “Stop it, Amber. Nothing happened.”

Amber pouted in disappointment, “I thought you guys exchanged phone number.”

“We didn’t. Kyu was the one who gave her my number. I didn’t save hers.” Kibum said flatly.

“What type of girl do you like then, Oppa?” Amber asked curiously.

Kibum kept eyeing his sister, “Just because you helped Kyu in his love line, don’t be busybody with mine.”

“You’re my brother! Of course I need to care for yours more!” Amber defended.

Kibum pinched Amber cheek, “Stop matchmaking people, maknae!”

“It’s hurt! It’s hurt!” Amber hit Kibum hand for him to let go of him pinching her cheek. “You’re no fun, Kibum Oppa!” Amber pouted.

Kibum laughed softly seeing her sister cuteness when she pouted.

 

“Your drinks are here! Enjoy!”

Just as Jia was about to excuse herself after sending the drinks, Amber stopped her. “There’re no other customers ordering, sit down for a while, Jia.”

“But... I don’t think that’s a good idea, Amber. I am on my working shift right now.” Jia seemed uncomfortable as she stole glance at Kibum who kept quiet.

“It’s fine, no worry. I’ll take responsibility if your boss scolded you.” Amber winked playfully at Jia who chuckled.

“But...” However, Jia was still reluctant because of Kibum presence.

Amber seemed to understand, “Don’t mind him. I’m bored here. I need a friend to talk to me. Sit here.” Amber pulled Jia down to sit beside her. “So, how are you?” Amber naturally changed the language as she’s talking to Jia.

Jia shrugged, “I am fine, still running through my jobs.”

“Jobs? How many jobs do you have?” Amber seemed surprised.

“Several, you know.” Jia answered shortly. “I need money for living cost and few expenses.”

Amber didn’t ask more details as she understand to respect other’s privacy. “If you keep working all day and night, when will you have time for a boyfriend?”

Jia laughed out, “You’re so funny, Amber. Where I will find any boyfriend? I don’t seem to be the girl that can attract boys’ attention.”

“Jia, you’re beautiful, fun, easy going, and hard working; I’m sure you will find your Mr. Right one day.”

“Thanks Amber.” Jia smiled at her friend before she felt her vibrate phone on her pocket. She reached for her phone just to be shocked. “Amber, can you help me tell my boss that I’m s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter