Chapter 09

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“And here they are!” The moment Amber entered the VIP room booked by her brothers; she was met with 12 pairs of eyes. “What took you three so long?” Heechul complained, asking Amber who just arrived with Donghae and Hyukjae.

“Traffic jam, hyung.” Donghae just replied their eldest brother easily as he took his seat.

“Amber, come here for a sec.” Heechul called out to the girl. “I want to introduce you to others.” Amber approached the eldest. “Guys, this is Amber, our little sister.” Heechul rested his arm on her shoulder and said proudly. “Now Amber, let me introduce you to them. This is Hankyung, you’re surely know him.” Heechul pointed at Hankyung who waved at her. “Now, the one sitting beside him is Zhou Mi, Hankyung younger brother, and also Ryeowook, their step brother.”

Amber greeted them as Heechul continued, “Now, you see that fattie there? That’s Shindong. He’s Youngwoon best friend and business partner as well.”

“Hyung, you can’t introduce me as fattie. That’s ruining my image!” Shindong protested, which ignored by Heechul, for sure.

“Now, for the rest are Park Jungsu, Sungmin, Siwon, and Kyuhyun. They’re our cousins from mom’s side. They’re children of our only auntie.” Heechul informed Amber.

“Hey there cousin, we meet again.” Amber ignored Kyuhyun teasing words.

“You’ve met here before?” It’s Siwon who asked his younger brother. “Why didn’t you say so?”

“Hyung, you couldn’t expected me tell you everyone I met, right?” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at his brother. “There’ll be like trillions of people I have seen with my own eyes.”

“Okay, cut it Kyuhyun.” This time, it’s Jungsu who stopped his youngest brother from being his evil self before he turned to look at the girl. “Hey Amber... Finally we get to meet you. We heard so much from your brothers.”

Amber just smiled, awkwardly.

“She is definitely exactly like what Donghae and Hyukjae kept bragging about. She’s cute!” It was Sungmin commented. “I’m jealous! I want a little sister too!”

“You’re not the maknae anymore, Kibum.” This time, it’s Kyuhyun who teased Kibum.

“You’re just jealous I get a little sister, and you don’t.” Kibum teased Kyuhyun back.

“Okay. You win this time.” Kyuhyun has nothing to attack Kibum back, because he does feel a bit jealous of Kibum. “I want a younger sibling too.”

“Sorry Kyu. You will always be the youngest in the family.” Siwon teased his younger brother.

“I have Amber. She’s our cousin which means she’s kind of my younger sibling too.” Kyuhyun defended himself.

“No!” Donghae and Hyukjae protested immediately. “She’s our youngest sibling. You’re just a cousin.”

“You guys are stingy! I want a little sister too!” Kyuhyun kept protesting.

“You all, stop it!” This time, it’s Heechul who shouted out before he looked at his silent little sister. “You’re good?”

Amber who was still trying to process all the information of each person in her brain just blurted out spontaneously, “Don’t we have any female cousins?” The question just sent laughter out of the males inside the room.

And it was Donghae who answered her, “You see Amber, our father is the only child of Kim family; he has 6 sons which is us. Now, our mother only has an older sister, our aunt, their mother.” Donghae pointed at the four cousins of theirs.

“So that means you’re the only female in this family.” This time, it’s Hyukjae who said. “Now you see how precious you are to us, right?”

Amber could only accept her fate in silence; her fate of being surrounded by enough males in her life.

 

“What’s on your mind, Amber?” Amber snapped out of her thought when she heard Donghae voice asking her. She turned beside her to look at the smiling Donghae.

“I just miss my home. I miss Henry.” Amber honestly admitted out her feelings. After having that family dinner just made her remember back at those family dinners she used to have back in USA with her parents and Henry. And she just suddenly missed it so much.

Hearing her confession, Donghae sighed sadly as he pulled the youngest to his embrace, “Is there anything I can do to help you ease up that longing feeling?”

Amber just shook her head, “I’ll be fine, Oppa. I just suddenly thought back of dinners I used to have every night with my dad, mom, and Henry.”

“Have you and Henry contacted each other? I’m sure he must be in Canada now with his mother.” Donghae asked the youngest.

Again, Amber shook her head, “I did email him, but he hasn’t replied me yet. I also gave him my new number in Korea. I’m waiting for his reply.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter