Chapter 02

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Henry could only hug his sister tightly in his arms; his face was blank of shock with tears kept rolling from his eyes. The moment they’re back home, they were bombed with the sorrow news of their parents death of car accident which just happened while they’re sneaking out having their supper.

While Amber just kept crying and crying, tightly grabbing her brother for support. “I don’t want! I want Daddy and Mommy back! Why? Why?”

Henry just couldn’t bend to see her sister sadness as he kept his best not to break down totally for the sake of his sister. He needed to be strong for Amber. He’s the big brother Amber needed to lean on at that moment. He has to be strong.

“Look at me, Amber.” Henry grabbed his sister chin to look at him, “Dad and Mom won’t like to see you like this. Be strong, ok sis?”

“I don’t want to! Dad and Mom are dead, Henry! Dead!” Amber just kept crying louder and louder, pouring out all the sadness inside her heart of losing both parents. “I want them back! I want them back!”

Amber was struggling to get free from Henry embrace as she kept hitting her brother because of the sadness. Henry was just letting her pour out her sadness on him while still holding onto her until he felt the hit on him started to get weakened.

“Amber?” And that’s when Henry figured out that his sister has passed out from her exhausted crying. He then carried her into her room to lay her down on the bed. After making sure that his sister was covered with the comforter, Henry just looked at the tear-streaked face of Amber.

“You still have me, don’t worry, from now on, I’ll protect you from now on, lil sis.” Henry whispered softly as he pressed his lip on Amber forehead.

And after that, he broke down in silent tears beside his sister, not wanting to disturb her sleep.

 

“Amber, you need to eat something. You haven’t eaten anything all day, sis.” Henry tried to coax his little sister to have a bite of food. Henry was really worried for his sister who hasn’t touched any food ever since they found out about their parents death. And it has been almost 15 hours.

All Amber did was just sitting in a daze while kept crying and crying.

“I can’t eat, Henry. How are we supposed to live now? We’re orphans now! They will send us to orphanage and we’ll be separated!”

Henry pulled his sister into his embrace, “No, that won’t happen to us, Amber. We’ll be always together.”

“How can you be so sure? We’re both underage, Henry! We have no aunts or uncles that we know of. We’ll be sent directly to orphanage! I don’t want that! I want to be with you.”

“You will be, ok? I promise you, we won’t ever be separated. We’ll be always together, ok?”

“You promise?” Amber looked at her brother hopefully.

Henry smiled sadly at his little sister, “I promise.”

Hearing the assurance from her big brother, Amber just nodded her head and then rested in Henry shoulder. “I love you, big bro.”

“I love you too, lil sis.” Henry couldn’t help but to turn aside to kiss his little sister adoringly on the forehead.

Their moment soon was disturbed when they heard the loud commotions of footsteps coming closer to where they were. “Amber!!!” both siblings turned around to see 6 men who was running in rush while kept calling Amber name.

And it took a while processing for both siblings to finally recognized the men. “Oppa...” Amber called out at the same time those men stood in front of her. And without saying anything, one of them just pulled Amber into her embrace.

“We just received the news and we took the direct flight here immediately.” The one who was hugging Amber said. “Are you okay?”

Amber just nodded her head without saying anything as she looked at her other brothers. In that moment, she just realized that she has forgotten about the presences of her other brothers from the same mother. Her mother is dead; their mother is dead too.

But again, Amber definitely not close with her Korean brothers; it has been years since she last met them, and for her, they’re just so stranger compared to Henry who she has grown up with.

And just like that, Amber just being pulled into the embrace of each brothers of her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter