Chapter 10

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay, what is it I heard that you have a boyfriend now?” Amber was engrossed in her book when her twin brothers sat in between her.

Amber sighed as she didn’t look away from her book. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Are you sure? Because I do have the picture of you and that boy in my phone.” Hyukjae insisted as he shoved his phone in front of her.

Amber sighed again as she took a glance of the phone screen where her smiling face and Minho back was captured. It was definitely her Heechul Oppa who took that picture. “He’s my friend, my classmate to be exact.”

“Really? But you two seemed to have chemistry in this picture. Hm... so suspicious...” Again, Hyukjae kept insisting in grilling his baby sister.

“Oppa!” Amber was started to get annoyed. She has been grilled by her Heechul Oppa and Jongwoon Oppa back in the coffee shop, and now the twins too? “Minho Oppa is my friend, my classmate. He’s not my boyfriend!” Amber didn’t know how many times she needed to explain herself to her protective brothers.

“Oh fine! I am just curious!” Hyukjae seemed to back down from the girl’s desperate plea. “I am just protecting my little sister, you know. You’re way too young to date someone! You’re still our baby sister.”

Amber frowned as she looked at Hyukjae, “Oppa, I‘m almost 18 years old, I’m not 5!”

“Still, you’re still technically underage!” Hyukjae grinned. “So, you’re still my baby sister! And you’re not allowed to date anyone yet!”

“Oppa! You’re being ridiculous!” Amber protested. How couldn’t she? If she’s not dating anyone right now, but who knows right? She’s a healthy teenager, you know!

“Don’t care!” Hyukjae insisted as he messed up Amber hair playfully before he walked out of the library.

“He’s not serious, right?” The moment Hyukjae disappeared, Amber turned to ask Donghae.

However, Donghae didn’t seem to answer Amber right away. It took him a while silence before he said with serious expression on his face, “Actually, I agree with Hyukkie.”

“What? Donghae Oppa, you can’t be serious!” Amber couldn’t believe her ears.

“I am serious, little sister.” Donghae said to her. “We’re just not ready to share you yet with another male.”

“Huh?”

Instead of explaining to her, Donghae smiled as he caressed the girl’s head lovingly, “You’re our only sister, it’s just natural for your brothers to be protective over you, especially when it comes to boys. Boys will have to go through 6 of us first before they can date our sister!”

Amber looked at Donghae with ‘are you serious’ look. “Oppa! Who will dare to date me if that’s the case? I’ll be forever single for sure!”

“That’s alright. You have us. We’ll be forever with you then.”

Amber just looked at her brother with ‘you’ve got to be kidding me’ look. Amber sighed heavily as she knows that there’ll be no way out of her brothers over protective sides. She’s thankful for having 6 big brothers by her side to help her, but sometimes having 6 over protective brothers isn’t good either.

“So, don’t grow up too fast, ok sis? We still want to be able to call you our baby sister...”

Yup, Amber will just have to accept the fate that she’ll be forever single.

 

“Guys, the new action movie has just released. Let’s go watch it after school...!” Key excitedly announced at lunch.

All eyes on their table turned to pay attention to him. “I can’t. I promise my mom to help her in the store after class.” Taemin rejected the offer.

“I have nothing to do. I’m in.” Jonghyun agreed before he turned towards Amber, “Dongsaeng, you’re in too?”

Amber seemed to rethink for a minute before she nodded her head, “Okay. I’ll just have to inform my brother so that he won’t wait for me.”

“Yes!” Jonghyun smiled excitedly before he turned to the couple of the group. “ Jinki hyung? Luna?”

“Yeah, sure. The more the merrier, right?” Jinki and Luna agreed to join.

“And that leaves Minho.” Jonghyun turned the attention to the last person.

“I’m too lazy to go.” Minho rejected.

“You’re no fun!” Key protested.

“Come on, it will be fun. It’s be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter