Chapter 22

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“CHEERS!” the group of friends were celebrating for Jinki and Jonghyun graduation party.

“Congratulations Oppa!” Amber congratulated them. “I am sorry I couldn’t escape my brothers to personally congratulate you yesterday.”

“It’s alright, Amber. Seeing you got this expensive place booked for the party, you’re all forgiven,” Jinki smiled at the girl. They were all shocked when Amber informed them that she has gotten a presidential suite of the most expensive hotel in Seoul. The presidential room was equipped with karaoke room, Jacuzzi, even its own private swimming pool. The most expensive hotel of Seoul belongs to the Kim Family.

When Amber told her brothers about her plan for her graduated friends, they were against the idea of her spending the night out at karaoke place, and so Heechul proposed to get the room in the hotel for their celebration. For them, the hotel is way safer as she’s protected and no need to worry about her coming home late as she can just stay the night at the room. The presidential room is equipped with three separate bedrooms. It was like a luxury living apartment in another word.

Amber was actually surprised when her brothers told him that the six of them are main owners of the company. However, they chose their own path of job and left the company in the hand of someone they trust. The 6 of them are only needed to visit the company once a month for monthly meeting.

“No wonder the Kim Family is known as the richest family in the whole South Korea. Not only they own the most expensive hotels all around the world, they have their own other successful business as well. Oh man, can’t they get anymore richer?” Jonghyun admired.

“Amber Noona, you’re so lucky!” Taemin said.

“What has it got to do with me?” Amber looked at her friends confusedly. “I am just their sister from the same mother. I have no portion in their wealth. I was just happened to be under their care for now. I’m still going to find my own path too. Besides, I don’t want to depend on my brothers forever.”

“You’re so cool, Amber.” Key complimented her as he draped his arm around Amber shoulder. “I’m proud to call you my best friend.”

“Get your hands off my girlfriend, Key.” Minho glared at Key, irritated.

“Oh Geez... Mr. Possessive Boyfriend...” Key glared back at Minho before letting go of Amber.

“Anyway, let’s party! Don’t waste this spectacular room with everything! Let’s do karaoke!”

 

While the rest of their friends were still singing, Minho dragged Amber out of the room towards the pool. The couple dipped only their feet inside the pool. “This is really such a luxurious room.” Minho commented.

“Yeah, I was surprised too when I was being guided here just before you guys arrived. I never thought Heechul Oppa would get me the biggest room. I have to thank him again later.” Amber said happily.

“Your brothers... You never told me about your brothers. I only know you’re the little sisters and you’re from America. Tell me more about you, please.”

Amber smiled, “Hm... How to start? When my mother married my father, he was already had another son from his previous son. A year later, I was born. I grew up with my other half brother, Henry. He’s the only big brother for me until my mom informed me that I have another 6 brothers in Seoul. But I was a kid back then that the only big brother I know was only Henry. I felt awkward when my mom first brought me to Seoul to meet them.”

Amber paused a while before continued, “Honestly, I don’t know them and I don’t any intention on getting to know them either. Maybe back then because of the language barrier, so for me, they are only strangers that have the same half blood as me. I didn’t really care too much even they were trying their best to get my attention. I was ignorant back then, I admit. I was mean to them even they kept sending me gifts in every occasion.”

“Then because of an accident, my parents died. Henry was the only family I have left. Until the moment my 6 brothers appeared in front of me, I just realized that I do actually still have other brothers; I am not the only one losing my parents, they did lose their mother too.”

By now, Minho has been scooting even closer to Amber with his arm around her shoulders.

“Then my parents will. My Dad wanted Henry to continue his education until he graduate and then took over his business; and he was given under the guardian of his biological mother. About me, my Mom wanted Heechul Oppa as my legal guardian. Henry and I will be separated and I hate it. I hate to come to Seoul with the brothers that like strangers to me. I was dragged by force by my brothers on the plane to Seoul, you know.”

Minho didn’t laugh as he kept looking at her with serious face.

“I am sure your mother must have her reason to send you with your brothers.”

“I know. But at that time, I didn’t want to understand. I just knew that I will be separated from Henry, and I hate it.”

“Then what about now? Do you still hate to be in Seoul?”

Amber shrugged, “Honestly, it wasn’t that bad to be here. I mean, it’s bad that I have to be separate with Henry. He’s like my only brother I depend on for almost my whole life. But suddenly without him being my side, I just... I just feel lonely sometimes. I know there are my other brothers, but... but I just start to learn to adjust their presences

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter