Chapter 17

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yes, I like you Amber Liu. I like you so much.”

The confession kept repeating on her mind caused her unable to sleep at all. Minho confessed that he likes her? Minho likes the tomboy her? Was Minho playing prank on her? How could Minho like her? That’s just absurd. She’s just Amber, the tomboy girl who acts like a boy; so the thought of a handsome boy like Minho to even has a slight feeling for her is like a miracle, isn’t it?

But again, Amber can’t help but feeling a bit of happiness knowing that Minho sees her as a girl. She has always been seen as buddy from her friends. Touching her heart, she still can feel her beating heart at the flashback of Minho looking straight at her, confessing that he likes her.

Minho likes Amber.

Amber unconsciously smiled widely at the thought of it. Minho likes her.

Then her smile disappeared.

! What should she do now? Should she accept Minho’s feeling? Amber is confused. Amber is helpless. Does she like Minho back?

Amber doesn’t know. Amber really doesn’t know.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Amber jumped out of surprised when she heard the knocking door. Jongwoon head appeared before her sight. “Why are you still up, Amber? I saw your light still on.” Jongwoon asked as he walked inside the room and joined the girl on the couch.

“I couldn’t sleep.” Amber replied the older shortly.

“Something’s bothering your mind?” Jongwoon asked again.

Amber just nodded her head before she turned to look at the older with strange look. “Oppa, do you have a girlfriend at the moment?”

“Why are you asking that out of sudden?” Jongwoon was taken back from Amber sudden question as he looked at the younger. “And no, I don’t have one right now.”

Amber nodded her head understandingly, “Then, have you had one before?”

Now, Jongwoon was really curious at her strange question, “Why? You’re dating someone?” Amber immediately shook her head. “You like someone? Or someone likes you?” Seeing the pink blush on Amber face, Jongwoon could slightly guess right. “You got confessed?”

Seeing the pinker shade on the girl’s cheek, Jongwoon knew he got it right. “Who? Who confessed to you?”

“Oppa! I didn’t get confessed! I just... I was just curious, that’s all!” Amber denied.

Jongwoon laughed, “Really? You know how red your face is right now? You’re not good at all at lying, little sister.”

Amber felt embarrassed as she wanted to escape from her brother but got hold down instead. “Oppa, I’m going to sleep now.”

Jongwoon laughed even louder. “Really Amber? You’re so cute when you’re shy.”

“OPPA!”

“Alright, alright.” Jongwoon stopped laughing at the girl and smiled instead, “You know you can ask me anything. I’m not that possessive like Donghae or Hyukjae.” Jongwoon paused for a minute before continued, “You’re in the perfect age of falling in love and dating. I don’t want you to miss those youth moments of yours.”

Amber was actually surprised to hear what Jongwoon said. “I am confused.” Amber honestly shared her conflict feeling. “I have never been confessed, Oppa. I don’t know how I’m going to face him tomorrow.”

Jongwoon seemed to understand the girl’s dilemma. “Do you like him, Amber?”

Amber seemed to think for a while before she answered, “I like being with him. He’s easy going and very kind to me. But I don’t know if I like him more than a friend or not. I am confused, Oppa.”

“It’s alright; just one step at the time. Don’t rush.” Jongwoon advised.

“But... It’ll be awkward to face him tomorrow.” Amber whined desperately.

Jongwoon chuckled, “It won’t be. Listen to me, don’t force yourself, ok? Just treat him like how you’re always treats him, as a friend. If he really likes you, he won’t force you. He won’t make it awkward for you. Just follow what your heart says and soon you’ll find the answer from here.” Jongwoon pointed at the girl’s heart.

Amber seemed to calm down a bit from Jongwoon reassurance, “Oppa, why don’t other Oppas like you? Sometimes I hate them for being too protective of me! I need my freedom too, you know.” Amber sighed.

Jongwoon pulled the girl close to her, “We just love you so much, little sister. Some of us just... maybe not ready yet to share you with another man in your life. We’re just that selfish. We’re still wanted to be knight in shining armour for you; something that we didn’t get to do for 18 years of your life.”

Amber was speechless from Jongwoon confession.

“Besides, I’m sure not all of us are against if you’re dating someone, as long as he’s passed our interrogation.”

“OPPA!”

“Kidding, little sis.” Jongwoon laughed out loud. “Just remember, you can look fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter