Chapter 05

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Amber-ah.”

Amber was greeted by her brothers upon entering the enormous dining room with full of all kinds of breakfast. “Morning Heechul Oppa. Morning Hyukjae Oppa.” Amber greeted the two brothers she can spot at the room as she took the seat beside Hyukjae who has been signing her to sit beside him.

“How’s your sleep?” Hyukjae asked her warmly.

“Honestly, I still tried to get used to new bed, Oppa.” Amber answered him honestly. She didn’t want to lie just to be polite. They’re her brothers, so she should be herself and be honest.

“You’ll get used to it soon.” Hyukjae appreciated her honesty as he patted her head softly. “What do you want for your breakfast? Toast?” Hyukjae offered her.

“Yes, thank you.” Amber accepted it thankfully.

The sound of clearing throat from Heechul successfully pulled the attention of all eyes on him. However, Heechul was looking at his baby sister, “Amber-ah, there’s something Oppa need to discuss with you.” Heechul noticed the look Amber was giving her as he continued, “Since you’re now in Korea, you need to start adjusting your life in here, so I decided to enrol you in Seoul private school.”

Amber was actually quite surprised with the news. However, she didn’t say anything as she kept focussing on her eldest brother.

“I know, it’ll be hard for you since you’ve always been in American school, and Korean isn’t your first language. But you don’t have to worry about a thing, ok? I will plan everything out for you. I will have the teacher there to give you extra lesson if you can’t catch up with the class. You can always take extra Korean lesson if you want. You can even come to one of us for any help.”

Heechul paused as he looked at the youngest who still not saying a thing.

It was an awkward pause for a while before Amber finally broke the ice, “Okay, Oppa.”

Heechul and Hyukjae seemed relief when they heard the ‘okay’ answer from the youngest. Part of them was actually kind of nervous about the girl’s reaction. However, seeing how she seemed to accept it willingly, they’re relief and happy at the same time.

“Good. Oppa will enrol you soon.” Heechul smiled at the youngest before he excused himself to make a call to the school.

Amber then turned towards Hyukjae, “Oppa, what private school will I be attending?”

Hyukjae smiled as he answered her, “It’s called Saint Monica or SM for short which consists of school and university. SM is restricted only to the chosen and selected students; so either you’re rich or you’re very smart.”

“Can’t I just enrol in normal public school, Oppa? Suddenly I feel so pressured about enrolling to SM.” Amber honestly admitted out.

“Of course not!” Hyukjae rejected immediately. “Are you thinking that SM is the kind of private school where spoilt rich kids go and show off their wealth?” Hyukjae laughed at Amber ‘caught off guard’ face as he continued, “Although it may sound like it, but it’s not all like that. SM actually appreciates good talent and smart brain; just like your Oppas.”

Amber laughed softly at Hyukjae grin. “Oppa, are you just complimenting yourself?”

“Hey, you should be proud to have such handsome and smart Oppa like me.” Hyukjae pretended to be offended by Amber laugh as he playfully head locked the girl.

“Oppa, you’re choking me!” Amber struggled out from Hyukjae arm.

“That’s your punishment, maknae!”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry Oppa.” Amber laughed; at the same time Hyukjae free his arm from the girl.

“Don’t worry too much about school, ok? You’ll do good; and you can always come to me anytime you need help with it.” Hyukjae smiled lovingly at the girl. “Besides, you can always come to Kibum if you find any difficulties in school. Kibum might be in the university section, but I’m sure he will come to you if you need his help. But if he doesn’t, tell me and I’ll punish him instead.”

Amber just laughed out at Hyukjae playful words as something progressing on her mind.

Yes, her Kibum Oppa; her youngest Oppa; the one who has the least to her.

 

Amber just followed along her eldest brother along the hallways of the school that soon she’ll be attending. It wasn’t long when they stopped in front of wooden door; and without knocking, Heechul just entered the room as he likes.

“Hankyung, I’m here.” Heechul said out loud as he entered the room where the said ‘Hankyung’ seemed surprised at the sudden burst inside his office.

“How many times I told you to knock, Heechul.” Hankyung scolded the ignorant Heechul who threw himself on the couch instead. “And you must be Amber.” Hankyung then turned towards Amber who just stood not far from the door. “Sit down, sit down.”

Amber just nodded her head and joined her eldest brother on the couch.

“Amber, this is Hankyung, he’s my best friend, he’s the one managing the SM School. You can always come to him if you need help. He’ll help you for sure.” Heechul told his sister.

Amber immediately stood up and greeted Hankyung in respect. Hankyung just smiled it off, “No need to be that formal, Amber. You’re Heechul little sister, so just treat me like your older brother will do. I’m sure we’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter