Chapter 04

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first thing that surprised Amber when she first stepped foot in Seoul was the lines of luxurious cars right in front of the airport entrance. Amber was still in shock when she felt someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around to meet with Jongwoon smiling face.

“Which car you want to ride in?” Jongwoon asked her.

“Huh?” Amber was confused.

Noticing the confused and shock Amber, Jongwoon just smiled as he said, “You’re with me then.” Just as he said it, he held Amber hand and led her to the 3rd car in park, a white sport car. “Get in.” Amber just did what Jongwoon asked her as she looked at her other brothers who had already inside their own cars.

Just as she stepped her feet into Seoul, she was already shocked with the display of luxurious life of rich brothers.

“Amber-ah...” First few minutes of silence ride, Jongwoon decided to break the tension. Jongwoon kept his eyes on the road as he can tell that Amber must be turning around to look at him with question mark on her face. “If you’re still tired, you can sleep. I’ll wake you up when we arrived home.”

“It’s okay, Oppa. I’ve slept enough already on the plane.” Amber replied softly as she turned to look through the window.

“Are you hungry? You want to grab some bites?” Jongwoon still tried to coax conversation with the younger.

“I’m not hungry.” And Jongwoon just sighed at Amber short reply.

Can’t take the awkward atmosphere, Jongwoon slowed down the car and stopped in the side of the road; Jongwoon just needed to assure something out of his heart. “Amber-ah...” And it broke Jongwoon heart to see such sorrow pair of eyes of Amber looking back at him. “I know that coming here isn’t what you wanted. I know you miss your brother so much. I know you must hate us for forcefully dragged you here with us. I know everything happened was too fast for you to accept it, but I just want you to know that we’re here for you, ok? I know we’re not Henry for you, but we will try our hardest to be better Oppas you can trust and depend on.”

Honestly, Amber was really touched at Jongwoon sincere words to her. But her walls of trust will need time to be rebuilt again. Deep inside her heart, she understand and touched of what her Korean brothers willing to do for her; her heart knows it all. However, she’s just not ready to accept the fact. She was still in sorrow of losing her parents. She was still in sorrow of being separated from Henry. She was still in sorrow of the longing feeling.

She was still a mess. She couldn’t think. She doesn’t want to think.

All in her mind was she just lost the family she grew up with; and now she will have to live with another family of hers that she’s not close at all with. She has to restart her new life from scratch in new country with new culture and new language.

“I’m scared.” Amber unconsciously confessed her feeling out.

However, Jongwoon still heard the soft whisper Amber said. “What are you scared of?”

“Everything.”

Jongwoon sighed sadly as he reached for Amber hand and held it in his. “Come to us then. We’ll be the shield in front of you. You don’t need to be scared. You’re not alone. You have us. You have 6 of us that will be there for you anytime you needed. Amber-ah, we’re your Oppas. Although we’re not Henry for you, but let’s get each other a chance to know each other better, ok? Give us a chance in your heart, ok?”

Amber was really really really touched at Jongwoon sincere heart for wanting to get close to her. She has always known that her Korean brothers had always wanted to reach out for her; they have always sent her birthday gift every year; they have always tried to text her, to get in touch with her; they had always wanted Amber to visit them. However, Amber is just being Amber; so hesitant to reach back because she’s scared of the awkwardness; because she’s just not close with them; because she didn’t know how to. So, she just decided to be ignorant about it.

However, hearing directly from Jongwoon, she suddenly felt guilty for all the ignorance she pulled on them. She felt bad for being such a bad sister for them. Even for Amber, it was so visible that her Oppas love her dearly, but Amber favourite brother has always been Henry; she had failed to acknowledge that she has other 6 big brothers that kept waiting for her to reach out to them.

“Amber...?”

Jongwoon soft voice snapped Amber back from her thoughts as she looked at her older brother for the first time with different feeling. “Jongwoon Oppa, I’m hungry.”

Jongwoon was taken back with sudden innocent words before he laughed out softly. “Arasso. Let’s get some bites then.” Jongwoon let go of her hand and started the car engine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter