Chapter 18

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys!! Don't forget to help me vote for the next Amber pairing... Thank you!

==================================================================================================================

The conversation Amber had with Victoria kept replaying on her mind. She was confused. She was helpless. She really hated to be awkward and uncomfortable being around Minho. It wasn’t supposed to be like that. Why should Minho like her? Why can’t he just keep it to himself? Then it won’t be that awkward like that. She wouldn’t feel like avoiding the older. She would be laughing along with him and their friends by now.

Amber sighed deep.

But deep down inside her heart, she admitted that she’s actually feeling happy being confessed by the most popular boy of the school. The flaming charisma Choi Minho likes her, the tomboy girl among thousands of beautiful girls. It must the dream of every girls to hear confession from Choi Minho. Amber felt proud about it honestly.

However, does she like him back more than friend? Does Amber have that kind of feeling for Minho back?

Amber hasn’t been in relationship before. Heck, she’s never ever thought of it before. She has always been the easy going girl, best friends with lots and lots of guys that she has been blind from any attraction from male species. Couldn’t blame her, she grew up with Henry and have a bunch of male friends back at LA. She has 6 brothers and 4 male cousins.

But it also doesn’t make her wonder of the feeling of having a boyfriend; how would it feel to have someone holding your hands; how would it feel to have someone by side; how would it feel to have someone care for you; would it be different than how her brothers being protective of her?

“Amber...”

Amber snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the familiar voice calling her name. Her heart unconsciously beat faster in instant as she recognized the voice of Minho.

“Amber, you should have paid attention to where you’re walking to.”

Amber was surprised to find that she’s actually about to kiss the tree if she would have taken another step, if not for Minho who stopped her. She smiled embarrassingly as she looked at the older, “Thanks for saving me, Oppa.”

Again, awkward silence surrounded them instantly, making it very uncomfortable; until Minho couldn’t take it anymore.

“Amber, can we stop being so awkward with each other? I hate it. I hate it very much. If it’s because I confessed to you, I just want you to know that I don’t expect any answer from you soon, I just wanted to say out what’s on my heart. I never wanted it to be burden for you. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable or awkward because of my confession. I know it’ll be too sudden for you, I get it. I’ll wait. I’ll wait until you sort it out. No matter you accept my heart or not, I still want to be your friend.”

Amber was very surprised at Minho words.

“I like you Amber; but it doesn’t mean I demand you to give me an answer right away. We’re still friends, so let’s keep it still. I’m still your friend, Minho Oppa, right?”

Amber smiled, “I am sorry Oppa, but I do felt very surprised that day. I didn’t know how to face you because I got confused.”

“Confused of what?”

“I... I was confused of what I feel about you, Oppa.” Amber sighed deep before she decided to be honest with Minho and herself. “Honestly, I am happy to hear that you like me, Oppa. I really do. I just never thought someone like you will have romantic feeling for me when there’re hundreds of girls sending themselves to you.”

“Amber, you’re beautiful in your own way... You shouldn’t....”

“Thank you, Oppa for seeing me differently.” Amber blushed pink. “But I don’t want to hurt you, Oppa. I honestly don’t know how I feel about you. I like being around you, Oppa. I don’t want to lie to you then to hurt you in the end. I care for you, Oppa.”

“Are you saying, you might like me too?”

“I don’t know Oppa. I have never been in relationship before. I don’t know what it feels to like someone. I have always surrounded by guys friends that I can’t differentiate anymore. I... I am confused.”

Minho touched Amber cheek, “Hey, it’s fine. Take your time, ok? I don’t want you to go confused yourself. Just slowly take your time, I’m not going anywhere. I’m here, I’ll be waiting.”

“Minho Oppa, you’re too kind.” Amber looked back at Minho. “I’m scared to give you any hope. I’m scared to hurt you in the end, Oppa.”

Minho smiled sadly at the girl, “Amber... It doesn’t matter to me, as long as you’ll still be my friends, I’m fine.”

“You really don’t mind?” Amber was really speechless from Minho honest confession. Why is Minho so perfect? Why has Minho have to be that kind towards her?

Minho nodded his head surely.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter