Chapter 11

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys!!!

I'm sorry it took so long for me to update this story!!!

I just recently came back from my long long vacation in USA, and I tried to update as possible as I can!!!

Anyway, so here we go!

Enjoy the update!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment Amber stepped out of Heechul car, she was engulfed by Donghae. “Oh Amber! You worried me to death!” Donghae couldn’t help but to whine out his worry for the youngest. “Where have you been? Why didn’t you answer any of our calls?”

Amber sighed as she apologize, “I’m sorry Oppa. I forgot to turn off the silent mode on my phone.”

“You have no idea how worried we were for you. We thought of anything worse that could happen to you, you know.”

“Oppa, you don’t have to worry for me. I’m not 5, remember?”

“Of course we know you’re not 5! But it doesn’t mean you’re an adult too!” This time, it’s Heechul who snapped at her. “I don’t care about your reason, but you successfully worried the whole family!” Heechul seemed started to get angry. “We thought you could be lost since it’s just few weeks you’ve been in Seoul. Hyukjae and Jongwoon were still circling the street to look for you. We thought you could be kidnapped, Youngwoon was almost about to report to the police to look for you. And here at home waiting for you, Donghae had almost torn his hair bald, and...”

Donghae stopped the oldest from his angry rambling. “Hyung, the important thing is she’s okay.” Donghae couldn’t stand to see the guilty face of Amber. “It’s an accident. She didn’t mean to worry us in the first place.”

“Stop spoiling her!” Heechul snapped at Donghae instead. “This is Korea, not LA. She’s now living under our roof! She has to follow our rule!”

“Hyung, let’s just...”

Heechul cut Donghae plea, “Amber, I know it’s mean to say this to you, but you can’t expect to live the same as when you’re in LA. You can’t live in the same freedom as when you’re in LA. I don’t know and don’t care about western lifestyle, and I...”

“Hyung, must this matter be prolonged until like this?” Donghae was still defending his baby sister.

Before Heechul got to say anything else, Jongwoon car and Hyukjae car appeared and stopped in front of them. Both of them got out from their car, seemed relief to find Amber’s home. “Why are you guys standing outside here?” It’s Jongwoon who asked confusedly.

“Amber, are you okay?” Hyukjae seemed to realize the ‘guilty mixed with a bit of annoyance’ face on the girl.

Amber just nodded her head to reply Hyukjae.

“Well, let’s get inside. What are you all standing here for?” Hyukjae said, grab Amber hand and about to walk her inside the house when the girl let go of her hand. “Amber?”

Amber looked at all her brothers, silence for a minute before she spoke up, “Oppa, I’m sorry for worrying you all, but I didn’t mean to. I just forgot to turn off the silent mode on phone. Was that a big crime?” Amber sighed again before she looked straight at Heechul. “I just lost my parents and being separated from my big brother by law. I came here to this new country that I’m not familiar with. I just got myself some friends, and I’m enjoying a day out with them that I accidentally forgot about the time. Was that really a big crime, Oppa?”

None of her brothers spoke a word and kept their attention on her.

“Moving here wasn’t what I wanted in the first place, but I accepted it. I accepted it because I know I have you all to rely on. I am trying, Oppa. I am really trying to adjust my life here with you all. So, please forgive me if I can’t be the ‘Korean’ sister you wanted me to be yet. I am born American and had been taught of the western style of life for almost my whole life. You want me to be a Korean as you expected, don’t you think you should at least me give me time for it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter