Chapter 27

My Two Families
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“HENRY!”

Amber didn’t wait as she ran to hug Henry in the middle of the hall. She didn’t care if she was being the sole attention of everyone inside the hall. All she cares about was Henry; Henry couldn’t hold his tears as he hugged his precious sister back.

Oh, how much they miss each other; no words can describe their bonds; it was the bond that none can replace.

“I miss you so much, Ambie.”

“I miss you more, Henry.”

The two siblings let go of each other before Henry wiped the tears away from her face, “Birthday girl can’t cry on her birthday day, remember? This is your special day, you should enjoy it with smile and happiness.”

Amber just nodded her head as she circled her arm around Henry’s. “Come, I’ll introduce you formally to my Korean family.”

Henry just nodded his head before Amber led him to her Korean brothers and cousins. Henry was honestly thankful when Heechul called him up to invite him for Amber’s birthday party. Heechul even offered to pay for his airplane ticket and hotel fee in Seoul.

Of course, Henry couldn’t reject as he misses his sister so much; so he agreed to Heechul idea to make a surprise for her.

Henry has never liked her Korean brothers too much. For him, they’re kind of stealing Amber away from him. But after calming down for a while, he could finally see that it’s probably not a bad idea for Amber to be living with her other brothers. Henry has to attend university and he couldn’t take her with him anyway.

Although he hated to admit it, but Amber’s mother decision to send her to Seoul is the best decision to do for her.

And seeing how Amber was treated like a princess by her Korean brothers, Henry could breathe in relief knowing that Amber will be well taken care of. Her Korean brothers love her just like he does. And when he was invited by Heechul to be part of birthday event, Henry started to see those brothers with another positive light.

They aren’t that selfish as he formally thought.

They wanted to share Amber’s special moments with him too.

And Henry appreciated it. Henry felt touched.

 

Amber kept thanking and hugging her brothers for the surprise of Henry appearance. She was beyond happy; she felt like she’s the luckiest girl in the whole world, being surrounded by her families and friends. She couldn’t ask for more.

“Nice watch.” Donghae noticed the watch on her wrist.

Amber smiled proudly as she showed off her new favourite watch to her brothers and cousins. “It’s from Kibum Oppa.”

“Unfair. I should have given you your gift first.” Donghae protested before he walked away and back again in minutes with a wrapped box in his hand. “Here, this is from me. Open it.”

Amber was surprised, “Another present for me?” She accepted the gift and opened the box to see a pair of all crystal heels. It’s very beautiful shoes; even Amber who has never interested in heels, couldn’t help but to admire the beauty she’s holding. “It’s beautiful.” She unconsciously admitted before she looked at Donghae. “But Oppa, you know I don’t wear heels. This must be very expensive; it’s just a waste of money.”

Donghae smiled as he looked at his sister, “Amber, I know you don’t wear heels. But you’re a girl, Amber. A girl should have at least one pair of beautiful heels in her shoe collection. Believe me, someday, someday you will need it.”

Amber smiled, “Thank you Oppa.” She kissed Donghae cheek to show her gratitude.

“Hey, why didn’t I get a kiss before?” Kyuhyun protested.

Amber just rolled her eyes at him, totally ignoring her cousin, while the rest just laughed it off.

“Mine. Mine. My turn now.” Hyukjae exclaimed as he handed the girl a quite big and heavy box. “I’ll help you hold it.”

Amber opened the box to reveal glass container; inside it was special crafted figurines. Looking closely, Amber could now see clearly. It’s the figurines of herself sitting on park bench, being kissed by a boy that sitting beside her. That boy is none other than Hyukjae figurines while on the back, there were 6 other boys. Amber was touched when she noticed the Henry figurine among them. Hyukjae didn’t forget Henry.

“Yah! Why did you get to kiss her in the figurine? Why mine just standing there, looking at you two?” Donghae protested.

“That’s not fair, hyung. My figurine was reading a book? Who would read a book while standing?” Kibum protested.

“Quiet! This is my gift for her! Of course, I get to kiss her!” Hyukjae defended himself and looked at the birthday girl. “You like it?”

“I love it, Oppa. I’ll put this beside my bed later.” Amber said happily before she kissed Hyukjae cheek.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter