This is why Minhyuk isn’t allowed to plan our trips.

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

Rocky didn’t know what was happening, he woke up to someone banging on the front door and when he went to check he was dragged out then shoved into a car. The radio was playing something he couldn’t understand and Minhyuk(mx) was driving. Rocky glanced outside the window and was met with darkness, the sun was still under the horizon.

“What time is it?” Rocky mumbled out as he drifted dangerously close to sleep.

 “Ummmm, like 4 a.m, go back to sleep I’ll wake you up when we get there.” Minhyuk(mx) said calmly and it soothed the younger back into slumber. Rocky didn’t wake up again until someone was shaking his shoulder, the rapper stretched his muscles before getting out of the car, he slowly lined up with the other Minhyuks and looked to the ocean. The ocean breeze felt refreshing and the sun was just starting to peek over the horizon, it was a beautiful sight.

“So why are we here?” Minhyuk(m6) asked when the sun had made its full ascent into the morning sky.

“We’re going on an adventure!” Minhyuk(mx) yelled then he pointed to the dock. “On that!” There was an old steamboat floating on the water’s surface.

“Is it safe?” Minhyuk(cnb) asked, looking at the old boat with a raised eyebrow.

“Of course, we wouldn’t be taking it if it wasn’t in tip top shape, that would be dangerous maybe even deadly.” Minhyuk(mx) answered and with that everyone just shrugged to each other and followed Minhyuk(mx) onto the steamboat. It took a few mintues to get the steam engine going but it was smooth sailing from there. Rocky looked over the side of the boat and watched the waves glide past them, today was a great day to go out to sea, the waters were calm, the sky was clear, and there was nothing but miles of ocean.

“So where exactly are we going?” Minhyun asked curiously.

“It’s a surprise!” Minhyuk(mx) grinned.

“Is it a genuine surprise or is it a surprise because you don’t know if it’s going to work out.” Bbomb chimed in.

“Ummm both?” Minhyuk(mx) replied.

“This is going to be fun.” Minhyuk(btob) snorted but had a gentle smile on his lips and Rocky silently agreed. No one knew how long they were sailing for but the sun was now in the middle of the sky and everyone was hungry. Luckily for them, Minhyuk(btob) and Minhyun walked out of the cabin holding plates.

“Lunch is ready.” Minhyuk(btob) called out. Everyone obediently grabbed a plate from them as they walked inside. Lunch was passed with excited chatter and mindless banter until Minhyuk(nr) noticed something outside the window.

“Is that a lighthouse?” He asked and pointed out the window. It was in fact a lighthouse sitting on top of a small island. Minhyuk(mx) let out a loup woop then ran out of the cabin to steer the boat closer to the lighthouse.

“It looks like it’s going to rain.” Bbomb pointed out when they exited the cabin. The once blue skies were now an angry gray and lighting flashed in the distance.

“Maybe we should take shelter inside the lighthouse.” Minhyuk(cnb) yelled up to Minhyuk(mx).

“No, this is all going to plan.” Minhyuk(mx) laughed maniacally and started to circle the lighthouse. Everyone else stumbled around the deck, trying to find something to hold onto before they were rocked off the boat. Rocky desperately held onto the side railing with one arm and held onto Minhyuk(nr) with his other. Rocky finally opened his eyes when the steamboat stopped rocking, it seemed like the ocean calmed down but the skies were still gray. Minhyuk(nr) gasped louded causing Rocky to look over the side of the boat then he gasped loudly as well.

“We’re floating.” Rocky whispered completely stunned. “We’re floating!” He yelled. The once old steamboat was now adorned with more futuristic, yet still old, looking parts. The boat was heading towards the clouds and everyone was too overwhelmed to question it, well except for Minhyuk(mx) who was steering the boat with a broad grin cemented to his face. The steamboat broke through the overcast and the view felt like it was ripped straight out of a fairytale but the boat didn’t stop ascending, it kept going higher and higher.

“We aren’t going where I think we’re going… right?” Minhyun said in childish wonder.

“We’re going to space boyos!” Minhyuk(mx) announced with an overjoyed tone. The steamboat leaves the thermosphere and enters the exosphere, they were really in space, surrounded by inky blackness and twinkling stars.

“Whoa what is that!” Minhyuk(m6) yelled out. Everyone wiped their head towards his direction and Minhyuk(mx) quickly steered the steamboat out of the way. Large purple whale-sharks swam past them peacefully.

“Why the are there giant sharks in space!” Bbomb yelled out.

“Because space is basically a giant ocean.” Minhyuk(mx) answered from the flying bridge. “Why do you think we’re in a boat and not a rocketship.”

“B-but nasa!” Minhyuk(cnb) tried to make an argument but he was too distracted by the various sea creatures swimming past them.

“Nasa is a bunch of lies! This, what you’re seeing right now, this is the truth, this is real, this is our adventure.” Minhyuk(mx) smirked proudly at his friends down on the deck. Everyone shared a look before cheering in excitement.

“Where to first, captain?” Rocky chirped and Minhyuk(mx) felt giddy inside.

“We can go anywhere you want, just point in a direction.” Minhyuk(mx) said with his best captain voice and that’s what they did. The minhyuk cult traveled the vast oceans of space and fought dangerous space creatures and vicious space pirates. All in all it was a fun time.