Why would you drink this? (Coffee Shop Au)

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

Rocky yawned as Minhyuk(Nr) unlocked the front door of the coffee shop. The morning shift always took a while to pick up but soon the store will be busy and Rocky wasn’t looking forward to it, he never is.

“I wish I didn’t have to work.” Rocky whined.

“Everyone wishes that.” Minhyuk giggled. Rocky was going to continue to whine but their first customer came in and headed straight to the counter.

“Hello sir, what can I get you today?” Rocky chirped with a fake smile, the man in front of him looked dead on the inside but Rocky didn’t say anything.

“How much is it to fill an extra large cup with espresso?” He asked.

“I-I’m sorry?” Rocky stuttered.

“An extra large cup. How much to fill it with espresso?” The man stared into Rocky’s soul, a chill ran up the brista’s spine.

“Ummm, I’m not sure?” Rocky mumbled. “We can fill up a cup and price it afterwards, if that’s okay...” Rocky looked over at Minhyuk, who looked equally as terrified.

“Sure, the names Minhyuk.” Minhyuk(bee) pulled out his phone and walked off to the side. Minhyuk started pumping shots of espresso into the largest size cup they had. The cup was filled after 25 shots and both bristas were scared of this unholy drink of pure caffeine.

“Would you like whip cream on top?” Minhyuk asked politely, the man shook his head and paid for the drink, leaving $5 in the tip jar and promptly leaving the store. Rocky made sure to put his smile back on as more customers filtered through the door. The store slowly emptied out and Rocky took a breather as a new customer walked up to the counter a few minutes later.

“What can I get you sir?” Rocky chirped again for the millionth time.

“Can I get a large vanilla latte with 35 pumps of caramel sauce.” The man asked and Rocky had to do a double take.

“Did you say 35 pumps of caramel sauce?” Rocky asked.

“Yup, is that a problem?”

“N-no, I just wanted to make sure. Can I get your name?”

“Minhyuk!” Minhyuk(BtoB) smiled and paid for the drink before walking off to the side, like everyone else did when they waited for coffee. Rocky handed the order to Minhyuk, who looked at him like he was crazy but Rocky just shrugged at him. Minhyuk shook his head but made the drink, making sure to count each pump of gooey sugar. The two workers watched as the man left, happily sipping the drink. Neither barista thought the drinks could get any weirder but oh were they were wrong. Another man walks in and looks at the menu for a solid five minutes before walking up to the counter.

“Yeah, can I get a large cup filled with whip cream, 4 pumps of raspberry sauce, 1 pump of caramel, strawberries, bananas, nuts, frappuccino chips, dark chocolate curls, and a vanilla drizzle. Also can you stir it before you add the vanilla drizzle.?” The man asks before Rocky can say anything to him. Rocky looks at the screen in front of him and repeats the order loud enough for Minhyuk to hear and said boy is trying his best to hide his “What the ” face from the customer.

“May I get you name, sir?” Rocky asks.

“Minhyuk.” Minhyuk(M6) says a soft thank you and drops a $10 tip in the jar. Rocky snickers as Minhyuk hands the “drink” to the customer.

“What type of order was that?” Minhyuk whispers when said man leaves.

“I don’t know, it looked kinda like an ice cream.” Rocky muttered, now he wanted ice cream. “Hey, do you want to hit up the swirl after work?” Rocky asked and the other boy nodded his head as a new customer walked up to the counter.

“Hello, what may I get you?” Rocky chirped.

“Do you guys do latte art here?” The man asks.

“Ummm.” Rocky looked over at Minhyuk because he didn’t know anything about latte art but apparently Minhyuk did. “Yes, we do.”

“That’s great!” The man beamed. “I want a medium mocha latte with the art saying ‘ you’ and a under it. Oh and a medium mocha frappuccino. My name is Minhyuk.” Neither barista could hold back their laughter but it seemed the man didn’t mind. They worked on the drinks while Minhyuk(CnB) took a seat at one of the tables, another man walks in and sits down with Minhyuk. Both Minhyuk(Nr) and Rocky assume the drink is for this man. Rocky inspected the lovely latte art before calling out Minhyuk’s name. To say that the other man was shocked was an understatement. Minhyuk dropped a $20 tip in the jar on his way out the door and the man just stared at his drink. Rocky sadly had to focus on the other customers but at some point the man finally got up and left, leaving the drink on the table, latte art still there.

“Hello sir, what can I get you?” Rocky said for the millionth time today.

“I would like a pumpkin spice latte with 13 shots of espresso, no whip cream, please.” The man said with a lovely smile. What a handsome face. Rocky thought but was quickly brought back to reality when Minhyuk threw a banana at his head.

“Can I get your name?” Rocky asks.

“It’s Minhyun and I intend to transcend humanity and become a god.” Minhyun said with the straightest face and Rocky honestly believed him.

It was 5 minutes till their shift ended and both baristas were impatiently waiting for the clock to go faster. They prayed to every single god, hoping that a wave of customers didn’t suddenly flood the store. A man soon entered the store but if it was only one customer then it was fine.

“Hello sir, what may I get you?” Rocky chirped.

“Can I get a coffee frappuccino with everything in and on it?” The man smiled innocently, like he didn’t just order a monster of a drink.

“Everything as in everything?” The man nodded. “Sir, you do know we have 12 different syrups, 15 different sauces, 2 different shots, 7 different fruits, and 12 different toppings, right?” Rocky asked with wide eyes.

“Right, right, I would like 3 pumps of everything.” The man says like nothing weird is going on.

“I-I… Alright, may I get your name.” Rocky says in defeat.

“It’s Minhyuk.” Minhyuk(Mx a.k.a satan.) sat down and played on his phone while Rocky and Minhyuk worked oh his drink. They actually had to go into the back room and grab a cup larger than the extra large since this drink was so massive. The double X cups were discontinued a few months back but it looked like it was making a rare comeback just for this order. When the drink was finished the two barista didn’t hesitate to run into the break room and tell the next shift workers that they were done. Rocky and Minhyuk went to the ice cream shop and talked about all the weird orders they received today and how it was strange that they were all named Minhyuk, except for one Minhyun. They cried when they all showed up the next day as well.