Chapter 6: Animal Crossing Gone Wrong Camp.

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

Rocky jumped out of the camper he was sleeping in. He let out a disappointed sigh looking around his empty campground. Rocky didn’t know what he was doing wrong but for some reason no one would come to his camp. He spent hours buying and moving furniture around until everything looked perfect. He even went around and gave villagers the various things they wanted but his campground remained empty. He asked his fellow camp owners for a few tips but they all said the same thing, “Get the right furniture, make idle chat with the villagers, and give them presents.” Rocky let out a huff as he walked to Lost Lure Creek, Goldie wanted a Koi and while he was there he could give Tex those cherries he picked yesterday. He waved to his friend Sanha, who was attempting to roast some fish, before he handed Tex the cherries. Rocky settled into his favorite fishing spot and casted his line. He heard the faint hum of Sanha’s camper driving away, probably back to his full campsite. It seemed like all the camps around his were filled with villagers coming and going but Rocky tried to not let that get him down.

With a new spark of determination Rocky casted his line out again, so far he’s only caught the common river fish but he knows there had to be koi in this river.Rocky was so focused on his fish, he didn’t notice someone walking up to him until they crouched down beside him. “Who are you?” Rocky asked, he had never seen a fox villager before.

“Who? Me? I’m Minhyuk, I’m new here.” Minhyuk (M6) poked around the bucket of fish. “Are you going to eat all of these?” Rocky shook his head and turned back to his casted line. Rocky didn’t know what to expect from the new villager but a roasted fish definitely wasn’t on his list. “You’ve been fishing here for a while, why don’t you take a break.” Minhyuk (M6) said with a smile. “Why are you fishing so much, if you don’t mind me asking.” Rocky avoided the fox’s curious gaze, the feeling of embarrassment quickly raising.

“Goldie wanted a koi but I guess they're more uncommon than I thought.” Rocky mumbled.

“Why are you trying so hard to get this koi? I would have given up ages ago.”

“You ask a lot of questions.” Rocky grumbled, Minhyuk (M6) put his hands up in surrender.

“Hey I know, let’s go back to your place and cook up more fish. This Koi fishing has made me tired and I didn’t do any of the fishing.” Minhyuk (M6) got up from the ground and held his paw out for the younger. Rocky looked at the offered paw in bewilderment, was this fox going to be the first villager to visit his camp. This was too good to be true, Rocky had only met the fox today and hasn’t done a thing for him. Rocky snapped out of his thoughts and grabbed Minhyuk’s (M6) paw. The two started walking towards the campsite, Minhyuk (M6) was nice enough to carry the bucket filled with fish. “Don’t most people have a camper to take them from place to place?” The fox asked.

“I like walking… Also I don’t know how to drive…” Rocky felt the blush creeping up his neck. Minhyuk (M6) was about to say something when a dog ran into him, knocking them both to the floor. Rocky was quick to help both the dog and fox up to their feet. Minhyuk (M6) looked ready to fight but was tackled to the floor again by a bunny. Rocky came to Minhyuk’s (M6) rescue again, helping the fox villager up. The two watched as the bunny held the dog in a choke hold. “Uhhh… Is there something wrong?” Rocky asked the fighting pair.

“This ate all the food.” The bunny said, letting the dog fall back onto the ground.

“I told you it wasn’t me! It was the rat! I’m being framed!” The dog yelled from the ground.

“If you’re hungry, I caught a lot of fish, we were going to cook it at my campsite.” Rocky didn’t realize he just invited two villagers he’s never met before to his camp until Minhyuk (M6) let out an annoyed growl.

“If you have free food, I’m there!” The dog got off the ground and walked to Rocky to shake his hand. “I’m Minhyuk. I’m a corgi.” Rocky watched in amusement as Minhyuk (Mx) tried to shake Minhyuk’s (M6) paw. The fox refused to even acknowledge the hyper corgi.

“I’m also Minhyuk.” The bunny also shook Rocky’s hand. “We’re new here.”

“I’m Rocky. The fox is also named Minhyuk. It seems the name is quite popular, seeing as my real name is Minhyuk as well.” It was quiet for a few seconds then everyone bursted into laughter. Once they calmed down the quartet started heading towards the campsite. Minhyuk (M6) forgave the other two Minhyuks after they apologized and showered him in compliments. The sun was slowly going down and Rocky was concerned they wouldn’t make it to camp before nightfall. He started to walk faster and if the others noticed they didn’t say anything. Rocky was surprised to see another villager walking about, most villagers settled down camp before sunset but this deer looked lost.

“Do you need help?” Minhyuk (Mx) asked the deer before Rocky could.

“Yeah. I don’t know the land well so I have no idea where I’m at.” The deer was holding a basket filled with fruit and nervously kicking the ground. “I don’t suppose you know where Breezy Hollow is.” The three villagers looked at him with blank looks, they didn’t know where anything was. Rocky let out a sigh before smiling at the Deer.

“Breezy Hollow is on the east side, were on the west side right now…” Rocky watched as the deer’s face fall. He probably won't make it home before nightfall. “If you want, you can join us at my campsite. I’m Rocky, Those three are Minhyuk.”

The deer seemed to ponder his choices before nodding his head. “I’m Minhyun and I’ll take you up on your offer.” Minhyun was quickly pulled into the quartet turning it into a quintet. Rocky let out a breath of relief when they neared his campsite. Something was off, it sounded like music was playing from his campsite. Maybe he left his stereo playing. They arrive at Rocky’s cozy campsite and the owner has to do a double take. There was a cat playing the drums and a wolf chilling on one of the couches, bobbing his head to the beat. The cat stopped playing and the wolf looked over to where the quintet was standing.

“Are you the owner of this campsite?” The cat yelled from his seat. Rocky only nodded his head, he wasn’t sure what to do. “Are you cool with us crashing here? All the other places are too full for this loner.” The cat pointed at the wolf with his drum stick.

“He’s lying. Minhyuk was kicked out of 3 other camps because he was playing too loud.” The cat, Minhyuk (CNB) hissed at the wolf.

Wait! Your name is Minhyuk to?” Minhyuk (BtoB) asked, his eyes sparkled. “More recruits!” The bunny didn’t wait for the cat to respond. Rocky rolled his eyes as Minhyuk (BtoB) and Minhyuk (Mx) dragged Minhyuk (CNB) to gather nearby firewood. Minhyuk (M6) started setting up the fire pit while Minhyun washed and sliced the fruit, leaving some for dessert and blending the rest into drinks.

“What’s your name?” Rocky asked the wolf.

“It’s Minhyuk but don’t let the others know. Call me B-Bomb.” The wolf said. “This is a pretty nice camp, much better than the other ones we visited. You don’t mind if I crash here, right? The other places are way too crowded.” Rocky couldn’t help but chuckle.

“So you are a loner.” Rocky teased. B-Bomb snorted before ruffling the younger’s head. Rocky took a moment to look around his once empty camp. There was now six unique villagers that he knew would make his lonely days a thing of the past.

 

Rocky woke up to his alarm going off and Moonbin shaking him awake. The weird dream he had was gone within an instant as his day began. It wasn’t until he opened the Animal Crossing Pocket Camp app that he vaguely recalled the six animals named after his hyungs. With a small smile Rocky opened the messaging app and told the others about his dream. Minhyuk (CNB) joked about Rocky being a small dancing purple bird.

(A/N): Soooo... I’m really uncreative when it comes to turning people into animals. I honestly had everyone except Minhyun and Minhyuk (CNB) as dogs. Idk why I just feel like everyone has a dog personality? But as you can tell I changed it up. I’ll tell you my thought process in case you’re curious.

ART!

Mx: Dog(Corgi) Okay this one is self explanatory.

BtoB: Bunny. He broke the High jump and vault jump record (For idols). What animal is good at jumping and is pretty fast? Bunnies!

BB: Wolf. What’s a cooler more majestic dog? A wolf.

M6: Fox. I didn’t really know what animal to make him so I made him my favorite animal.

CNB: Cat. He is the cat mom.

Minhyun: Deer. I really like the deer villagers and Minhyun is very pretty (Deers are pretty af.).

Bonus! (Rocky was a villager in the story but I can’t draw humans for so I made him an animal in the art.) Rocky: Bird. Based off the Cat’s Eye dance practice video.

Fun Fact: All the colors used were haircolors taken from various pictures I saved of everyone. Granted it was based on one random pixel I used the color copy tool thing on but who cares.