School is for losers!

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

(A/N):This is a high school au based off the american school system because I don’t know about the Korean school system other than when it starts and ends. 
Also Minhyuk(nr)’s name in Rocky’s phone is “Chip” do you know the reference ;3

 

Warning: Contains some true but questionable duck facts...

Rocky was walking to school, since he lived about 4 songs away, when someone texted him. He pulled out his phone and checked it.

 

Chip: Good Morning!

Rocky: Morning! Man, I really don’t want to go to school.

Chip: Lmao, who actually wants to go to school? I wish I could just go to band and go home. Maybe science, since I have friends in it.

Rocky: Can we just not go today? I’m down to just leave. Jkjk

Chip: I wouldn’t blame you if you left, I wish I could but I’m already here.

Rocky: I’ll come rescue you from the castle, you better not be in another castle when I get there.

Chip: Call me princess toadstool instead of peach lmao.

Rocky: I will never understand why a peach is incharge of a bunch of mushrooms.

Chip: I will never understand why a pink dinosaur would launch eggs out of its nose/mouth.

Rocky: Dude, Yoshi and Birdo are the truest otp.

Chip: Dino love is best love. The cutest dino boyfriends or boyfriend/girlfriend depending on which cannon you follow.

Rocky: Oh god I’m torn between drag queen Birdo and trans Birdo.

Rocky: I’m here btw, see you in a few.

 

Rocky and Minhyuk make eye contact and suddenly their joke becomes reality.The two boys greet each other then starts walking towards the performing arts building because no one ever expects students to ditch school from there. It was dumb really. They quietly opened the double doors leading to the outside world and simply walked through. Yes, this is what real freedom felt like. Rocky and Minhyuk were a few minutes away from the school when they heard the morning bell ring.

“Damn that thing is loud.” Rocky claimed.

“Looks like there's no turning back.” Minhyuk chuckled. “We should probably get out of the open though. y’know, just in case truancy officers decide they actually want to do something today.” Minhyuk offered and Rocky lead them into a neighborhood that has an exit near his neighborhood.

“Let's leave our stuff at my house since backpacks pretty much scream “students ditching class.” We can figure out our next step of action afterwards.” Rocky explained and Minhyuk nodded in agreement. They passed the short 15 minute walk with small talk. When they reached Rocky’s front door the younger pressed his ear to the door, there was silence so he quietly unlocked the door and walked inside while Minhyuk handed him his backpack. Rocky silently thanked the heavens his room was near the front door and away from his parents room. He dropped off both of their backpacks in his room and quickly went back outside and locked the door again, Minhyuk gave him a thumbs up. They walked a few houses down before they started planning on what to to do.

“We could watch a movie, the theater is like a 20ish minute walk from here.” Rocky offered.

“Is there anything good out?” Minhyuk asked but Rocky just shrugged his shoulders. “I'll see what's playing then.” The older snorted. Sadly nothing interesting was showing.

“We could go to the park, there's a side entrance near the bottom so we can avoid walking like 30 minutes to the main entrance.” Rocky suggested.

“It’s the huge park that opened a few months ago, right?” Minhyuk asked.

“Yeah, it has a skate park, a bunch of mini play areas scatter everywhere, two big ponds with birds, an open concert hall, dog parks, open fields, trees, a bunch of gazebos, a cool fountain thing and since it’s a school day not a lot of people should be there.” Rocky listed everything at the park. “There’s also a market thingy but that’s only on the weekends.” Rocky added.

“Huh, sounds cool, let’s go.” Minhyuk grinned and the younger boy lead them to the park. They walked inside the small park entrance and immediately bolted towards the swings, soon they were competing to see who could swing the highest. Rocky accented his win by jumping off said swing and landing in the mulch with a barrel roll. The few kids who were playing on the jungle gym cheered for him while the parents shook their heads because now their children were going to attempt the same trick. Rocky and Minhyuk decided to leave the scene of the crime and walk father into the park. The trees provided great cover from the sun and a light breeze kept them cool while they walked through the many different paths. Their next stop was the large fountain that had a shaded sitting area surround it but there were also these weird bell, chime, things that people could hit with mallets.

“What’s the point of this?” Minhyuk asked as he whacked the large metal pulls.

“I honestly don’t know.” Rocky replied with a shrug. “They sound pretty though.” The two boys make a quick wish at the fountain before continuing their journey. They pass various jungle gyms and gazebos before they reach the pond in the center of the park.

“Oh my god, why are there so many geese.” Minhyuk asked.

“There are also ducks.” Rocky chirped as he pointed at the other side of the pond.

“I just noticed that the sidewalk is covered in bird .” Minhyuk giggled as they avoid the poop covered sidewalk to get closer to the pond. “Wait, why does that duck look different from the others?” Minhyuk asked.

“That’s because it’d a different breed. Most of these are mallards, that one is a pekin. Someone probably left it here.” Rocky explained because he’s apparently a duck expert.

“Wow, you sure know a lot.” Minhyuk looked at him in awe.

“Male ducks have a corkscrew es because female ducks have maze like s.” Rocky continued his duck facts.

“Wait, hold the up. What the , why?” Minhyuk wasn’t ready for this tea to be split.

“Well ducks bond with one mate during mating season but rival males will try and another male’s mate so due to the… non-consensual penetration, female ducks evolved and developed a maze like for self-defence, which caused male ducks to develop a corkscrew .” Rocky rambled on.

“When you say maze like, do you mean to tell me this duck has dead ends in her va-jayjay.” Minhyuk said with the most deadpan expression.

“Yeah, you know what a corkscrew looks like right? Well the is equally as twist and has dead ends and spirals that turn in the opposite direction, making it really hard for the unwanted male to breed her.” Rocky continued to explain.

“What about the mates? How do they do the do if the putine is a maze.” Minhyuk asked, he didn’t know why he wanted to know, this was honestly he could have lived without ever knowing but it was too late now, curiosity had him wrapped around her little pinky.

“Simple, the female let’s them. She does this lil dance and loosens up and bam they bang. It just shows that at the end of the female ducks are on top, since only 3% of ducklings are born of forced matings.” Rocky finishes his informative lesson on duck ing and Minhyuk doesn’t know what to do with this information. The two boys are interrupted but loud splashing, it looked like the pekin duck was beating the out of a male mallard duck.

“Damn, the circle of life is cruel.” Minhyuk felt sorry for the mallard duck, as the larger pekin duck slammed it’s head into the side of the pond.

“It looks like the pekin is trying to steal the other duck’s mate, that’s ed up.” Rocky wished he could do something but it was best not to intervene in the wild life. They couldn’t watch anymore real life animal planet so they walked away from the pond. Further up north was the skate park but neither boy had a skateboard so they decided to leave the park to grab lunch. Lucky for them across the road from the park was one of those long chain of various stores and fast food places. They settled on Wendo’s and explored some nearby stores after they finished eating. Rocky jokenly grabbed one of each paint swatch at Homes Deephoes and read some of the weird color names out loud. There was Lazer Lemon, Swift Purple Hawk, Summer Late Tomato, Magic Purple Moon, Cheese Puff, etc, etc. Rocky even tried to come up with a rap but it failed miserably.

“We should probably head back soon.” Minhyuk mused out loud after he checked the time, it was approaching the time school let out and his brother would definitely leave him if he wasn’t in the car 3 mintues after the bell rang.

“Do we still have time for the dog park?” Rocky asked as they re-entered the park.

“Of course!” Minhyuk exclaimed, no one could say no to puppies. The dog park was located at the back of the park and it was separated into two, one side for small dogs and one side for big dogs. The small dog side was pretty empty so they went into the large dog side and were almost immediately attac by a large fluffy golden retriever, named… Goldie (I’m bad with names.) They ran around with a bunch of dogs and laughed whenever the dogs would mount each other because what else are you supposed to do when that happens, dogs are weird. Rocky and Minhyuk finally left the park when there was only an hour left of school. They stopped by a gas station to get drinks and headed to Rocky’s house to grab Minhyuk’s backpack. They made it back to school just as the bell rang, Minhyuk was sitting on the hood of his brother’s car and Rocky gave him a hug before walking back home.

 

Chip: Thanks for the date, lmao.

Rocky: Anytime my dude, it’s so much better than going to school lololol.

Chip: True dat. Maybe next time we can crash at Bbomb’s apartment or something, I think I’ve gotten enough exercise for the year.

Rocky: I’m down.

 

 

(A/N): This chapter was based off one of the many times I ditched school during my senior year of highschool. It’s funny how I went from perfect attendance my whole life to ditching either a few classes or the whole day a few times a month.    
Don’t ditch school kiddos……. Unless you have all of these: 
1. Amazing grades (A&Bs. maybe Cs if it’s in a useless class.)
2. No tests. 
3.An “excuse” note (My school just needed your student # and name at the top and some sort of parent signature, they didn’t read the actual note. I remember this one chick excused like 80 of her absences a few weeks before graduation lmao my school really didn’t give a shi.)

P.S. the pekin duck ended up leaving the mallard duck alone the next day because another pekin duck showed up so the mallard duck was able to get his girlfriend back. Yay for happy endings