How the Minhyuks (and Minhyun) Saved Christmas?

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

Rocky buried himself deeper into his warm blankets. They were the only thing protecting him from the cold winter air. It’s might be Christmas eve but only blankets could defrost his Grinch heart… And maybe Christmas lights… And Hot Cocoa. Okay, so there was a lot of things to like about the holiday season but the cold wasn’t one of them but snow was nice... until it melts. Rocky’s phone pinged interrupting his thoughts. He took a deep breath and reached out into the cold air.

 

B-Bomb: Jiho brought home a fruitcake…

Red Minhyuk: Are you going to eat it?

B-Bomb: I’ll let Jiho try it first.

Drummer Boi: Is he actually going to eat it?

Rocky: Does fruitcake really taste that bad?

Red Minhyuk: I’ve honestly never tried it.

B-Bomb: Same.

Drummer Boi: I took one bite and died a little on the inside.

Rocky: Oh…

B-Bomb: [Image] Lmaooo.

Red Minhyuk: His Face! He looks like satan farted in his face.

Drummer Boi: I read that as santa and it was a disturbing image.

Rocky: Is he going to be okay?

B-Bomb: He’s rinsing his mouth out with eggnog. The fruitcake is honestly not that bad.

Gentleman Prince: Of course you don’t mind it. Mr.I ate a rat on television.

Drummer Boi: I completely forgot about that. I thought I was going to be sick when I watched that.

Drummer Boi: Also, good morning!

Red Minhyuk: It’s the afternoon.

B-Bomb: Good afternoon.

Gentleman Prince: Where are the missing two?

Rocky: I think Minhyun is spending christmas eve with Aron.

Drummer Boi: The pup is nowhere to be found.

Red Minhyuk: He’s probably sleeping in.

Pretty Senpai: He’s on a date.

Pretty Senpai: [Image]

Red Minhyuk: Lol Aron looks pretty hot. Oh is the Wonho with our Minhyuk. Have the gods finally smiled down upon us?

Pretty Senpai: New phone who dis? I should get back to my date.

Drummer Boi: Looks like our Minhyuk is growing up.

B-Bomb: Soon there will be little Minhyuks and little Wonhos running around.

Gentleman Prince: Lowkey, they would have the cutest kids.

Rocky: They would be lil balls of sunshine.

Red Minhyuk: I approve of all of this.

B-Bomb: Who’s going to be the best man at the wedding.

Red Minhyuk: Me!

Rocky: I’ll be the flower boy.

Drummer Boi: We have to throw him the best bachelor party.

Gentleman Prince: Don’t you guys think you’re thinking a little too far ahead.

B-Bomb: Shhhh no more words, only dreams now.

Pretty Senpai: The plot thickens.

Pretty Senpai: [Image]

Rocky: Player 3 has entered.

Gentleman Prince: So it’s not a date?

B-Bomb: ?

Red Minhyuk: Imagine lil Minhyuk/Wonho/Jooheon kids.

Drummer Boi: They would take over the world… No one would be able to stop them.

B-Bomb: They would manipulate us with their cuteness then attack us with sas so savage we wouldn’t know what to do.

Rocky: The world is doomed but that’s okay.

Pretty Senpai: Oh ! I’ve been spotted and Aron is laughing his off. I’m about to fight.

Drummer Boi: Fight your boy later. Abort the mission.

Pretty Senpai: It’s too late. Save yourselves.

Gentleman Prince: Everyone act natural.

Rocky: Can’t he just scroll up?

Red Minhyuk: He probably doesn’t have the time to read all the messages.

Min-Woof: Good thing I’m a fast reader (ง •̀_•́)ง

Pretty Senpai: Oh would you look at that! Aron and I are leaving, goodbye!

B-Bomb: Minhyun, you traitor!

Rocky: To my defence you stalked me when I was with Astro and Knk that one time.

Drummer Boi: He has a point. You can’t be mad at Rocky.

Min-Woof: I’m honestly not mad lol ((⊂(`ω´∩)

Red Minhyuk: Oh thank god. I was worried for a second.

Gentleman Prince: So is it a date?

Drummer Boi: Minhyuk!

Gentleman Prince: What!?

Min-Woof: YES! (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Min-Woof: I should get back to it tho. ttyl (ง ´͈౪`͈)ว

Rocky: He’s really happy.

B-Bomb: We’ll make him spill the tea later.

Red Minhyuk: Totally.

 

There was a knock at Rocky’s door. His mother’s head poked in before she opened the door all the way. “Your father and I are about to head out. Are you sure you don’t want to come?” His mother asked, she was dressed in a mint green dress and her hair was curled elegantly.

“I’ll be fine, have fun.” Rocky loved his parents and were happy to see them but going to a business Christmas party was where he drew the line. The parties weren’t bad but they were so boring and awkward. Rocky finally got out of bed to hug his parents goodbye.

“We’ll be back later tonight, don’t stay up to late and text me if you go out.” With one last kiss on the cheek, Rocky closed the door and flopped onto the couch. He slapped around for the remote and flipped to a random channel. A drama about a girl slowly falling for the school bad boy was playing. When the first commercial break started, Rocky fished out his phone from his pocket.

 

Drummer Boi: I’m about to throw Jonghyun out the window.

Gentleman Prince: I would like to see you try.

Drummer Boi: If I can carry a bass drum I can throw his scrawny .

B-Bomb: Are you even allowed to call anyone scrawny?

Red Minhyuk: I wouldn’t underestimate him. Minhyuk is like one of those anime characters who looks weak but has the strength of the hulk.

Drummer Boi: I’m plotting everyone’s downfall right now. No one will be safe. Except Minhyuk hyung.

Rocky: Why do I always miss Minhyuk’s conversation whenever he’s about to fight someone.

Gentleman Prince: Maybe there’s some sort of unnatural force making you miss it.

B-Bomb: Or maybe it’s because someone doesn't know how to come up with better conversation topics that shows that the chat continues even when Rocky isn’t around.

Red Minhyuk: What?

Drummer Boi: That makes sense. I mean I’m not even a violent person but for some reason I’m ready to fight everyone 24/7.

Rocky: Huh, the more you know.

Red Minhyuk: I’m confused and kind of scared.

Gentleman Prince: Just accept it.

Red Minhyuk: No the last time I ‘just accepted it’ I ended up in a chat filled with people who have the same name as me. That was my biggest mistake.

Pretty Senpai: Ouch, that’s cold man.

B-Bomb: Now we know who to sacrifice to the greater Minhyuk.

Rocky: Greater Minhyuk? What’s that?

Drummer Boi: Don’t worry about it. You’ll learn about it when the time comes.

Red Minhyuk: I’ll beat the greater Minhyuk’s . Just watch me.

Pretty Senpai: I’d like to see you try.

B-Bomb: I’ll bring the popcorn.

Rocky: You know I always thought the ‘cult’ part was a joke but now I’m not so sure.

Rocky: Also, how was the date Minhyun hyung?

Pretty Senpai: It was great. Aron is such a gentleman.

Gentleman Prince: You guys gonna do the do?

Drummer Boi: MINHYUK!!!!!!

Gentleman Prince: WHAT!?

Pretty Senpai: Sadly the dorm is full of clingy Nu’est members but tomorrow is another story. *eyebrow wiggle*

Drummer Boi: MINHYUN!

Red Minhyuk: Atta Boi!

B-Bomb: Go get em’ tiger!

Rocky: Hello.

Min-Woof: Oh , you ed up.

Pretty Senpai: Aw man that bible is pretty useful.

B-Bomb: It’s a great weapon to use on robbers. One headshot and they’re out like a light.

Red Minhyuk: I’m pretty sure that’s not how you’re supposed to use the bible.

B-Bomb: Shows what you know.

Min-Woof: Isn’t that bible hollowed out?

Gentleman Prince: Omg that’s like the best place to hide things, no one would ever look inside a bible.

Rocky: What do you have in there B-Bomb hyung?

Drummer Boi: It better not be anything illegal.

B-Bomb: Just the normals things. Holy water, a silver cross, concentrated garlic, a wooden stake, some silver bullets, a gun, wolf’s bane, mountain ash, a flashlight, a sacrificial dagger, some bandaids,  a pen, some needles, thread, bubbles, a four leaf clover, the important bible verses, a bee plush, a holy hand grenade, a picture of block b, a picture of you guys, a lewd picture of Kyung, a lewd picture of Jiho, a bad dragon rainbow , a , AA batteries, candles, matches, a lighter, a voodoo doll, unicorn tears, a bunch of weird keys, and some pencil shavings.

Pretty Senpai: I don’t know what world you live in where those things are normal to have in a hollowed out bible.

Gentleman Prince: I feel like I’ve learned so much about you but at the same time learned nothing.

Rocky: It seems like you’re prepared for a lot of supernatural attacks.

Min-Woof: I don’t know how I feel about our picture being in the same book as lewd pictures of your boyfriend and benefit friend.

B-Bomb: Honored.

Min-Woof: Okay…

Drummer Boi: How can you fit all that into a book?

B-Bomb: It’s a big bible.

Drummer Boi: I mean… I guess...

Red Minhyuk: Minhyuk! Tell us about your date with Wonho and Jooheon.

Min-Woof: I’m glad you asked hyung.

Min-Woof: Holy ! Did you see that! I think something fell out of the sky!ヾ( •́д•̀ ;)ノ

Gentleman Prince: Don’t avoid the question.

Drummer Boi: We want to know the juicy details.

Pretty Senpai: No, he’s telling the truth. I saw it fall to.

Pretty Senpai: It’s almost as if someone remembered this was a christmas chapter and realized how off topic it was and instead of starting over she is going to simply change topics and make it christmas related.

Min-Woof: What? ?(ο´・д・)??

Rocky: Where did it crash? We should check it out.

Red Minhyuk: We gotta hurry before the police or government show up.

Min-Woof: [Location]

Min-Woof: I’ll wait near the park entrance for you guys.

 

Rocky was already out the door, sending his mom a quick text he was going to hang out with some friends. She replied with a thumbs up emoji and Rocky smiled at his mother's adorableness. He made it to the park in record breaking time but was still the last one to show up. “Dumb hyungs and their cars,” Rocky grumbled under his breath.

“We’re all here right?” Minhyuk (BtoB) asked as he quickly counted everyone’s head.

“I don’t know why you asked if you were just going to count anyways.” Minhyuk (Mx) squeaked when Minhyuk (BtoB) pinched his arm. Muttering under his breath as he rubbed his sore arm.

“Seeing as we’re all here, why don’t you lead the way Minhyuk.” Minhyuk (M6) said. Minhyuk (Mx) nodded his head before walking into the park, there was a small forest of trees surrounding the park. Minhyuk (Mx) slowly lead everyone to the north west part of the forest. They could see something moving through the trees and slowed down to take silent steps. Rocky gasped at what he saw, Minhyuk (CNB) quickly covered his mouth to sush the youngest Minhyuk but it was too late. Everyone stared at the Reindeer tied up to a sleigh staring back at them.

“Hey there.” One of the antlerless reindeer greeted in a warm gruff voice.

“Oh gosh, it talks. Is this real life?” Minhyuk (M6) looked ready to faint. Which made the reindeer chuckle at the overwhelmed faces of the humans.

“Are you guy- or reindeer… umm Santa’s reindeer? You know Prancer, Dasher, Cupid, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph?” Minhyuk (Mx) shyly asked, ignoring the fact he’s talking to magic talking deer.

“Well yes and no. We are Santa’s reindeer be we aren’t the original reindeer. They died a long time ago, along with the original Santa.” The lead reindeer said with a soft voice.

“So Santa and his reindeer aren’t immortal creatures who spread cheer and joy?” BBomb asked with a skeptical look on his face. “What other facts aren’t true?”

“The fact the original ‘reindeer’ weren’t reindeer but white tailed deer. It’s why they were referred to ‘eight tiny reindeer’” One of the reindeer at the end grunted in annoyance.

“Why didn’t Santa use reindeer from the beginning?” Rocky asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Man, you kids are filled with questions. White tailed deer were the only deer around where he lived. He didn’t switch to reindeer until he moved his home to the North Pole.” A reindeer stated with a sigh. Before anyone else could open their mouth the reindeer changed the topic. “We’re on a tight schedule and we could really use some help. You see our current Santa is a blackout drunk and normally the elves do the work but this Santa fired all of them yesterday.”

“Really? Where is Santa right now?” Minhyuk (BtoB) asked, looking around for a man in red.

“Andy is on the other side of the sleigh.” All the humans moved to peer around the sleigh, surprised to see a woman slumped up against the tree snoring.

“So Santa isn’t always a dude?” Minhyun asked out loud without meaning to.

“Santa is just a title, all we need is a decent human being.”

“So how can we help?”

“We need you guys to drive the sleigh and deliver the presents.”

“Alright!” Minhyuk (Mx) agreed without a second thought and hopped into the sleigh. Everyone else looked at each other before shrugging and got into the sleigh. Sadly only six people could fit, three in the front and two in the back. Rocky pouted and crossed his arms then the lead reindeer called him over, softly whispering into his ear. Rocky face broke into a grin, he hopped onto the lead reindeer’s back.

“Is that safe?” Minhyuk (Cnb) asked in a concern voice.

“He’ll be fine! Now Let’s get a move on, we are already an hour behind.”

“Okay… So how do we start the sleigh is it like mushing dogs or…?” Minhyuk (Mx) looked at the reins in confusion.

“We’ll do all the work, you just have to say our names to start up the magic engine.”

“Alright!” Minhyuk (Mx) looked ready to go but something was clearly wrong. “What are your names?” Rocky just snorted at his hyung. He cleared his throat before calling out all the reindeer’s names in order from front to back, left to right.

“On Hazel, On Chestnut, On Mocha, On Peppermint and Pumpkin, On Caramel, On Mousse, On Coffee and Cocoa.” With all the reindeer names called out, the sleigh began to power up and the reindeer started to glow, soon they were up in the cold night sky. It felt like they were traveling at normal pace but when he looked down, the ground was moving so fast, it was a blur of lights.

“It looks like we're passing a bunch of houses.” BBomb said out loud.

“We finished up Korea when we crashed landed in that park.” Coffee answered.

Soon they were over the dark East Sea (or sea of japan or korea east sea or whatever you want to call it.) The first house they landed on was tiny and most of the reindeer were floating off the edge. Minhyun opened the present bag and pulled out the only present in there. He looked at the reindeer, who nodded their heads to the other end of the roof. Minhyun got out of the sleigh and walked over. A hole opened up in the roof, Minhyun looked at it before gently placing the gift inside it. The present fell in and the hole disappeared.

“That was cool.” Minhyun said when he hopped back into the sleigh. They took off again, skipping a few houses.

“Why aren’t we stopping at those houses?” Rocky asked Hazel.

“Sadly we can only deliver presents to people who truly believe in Santa. Magic doesn’t work on people who don’t believe.” The lead reindeer answered. There was an awkward silence among everyone.

“At least we can make some people happy.” Minhyuk (Mx) chirped, smiling brightly. Always the ‘glass is half full’ type of dude.

“Better some than none.” Chestnut agreed. After that the flight was filled with cheerful chatter and awestruck faces as they traveled country to country. The view was absolutely breathtaking and it seemed the reindeer were reminded just how precious the little things in life were, thanks to these boys. The last stop was at a large secluded building in the middle of a snowy valley. The place was decorated with christmas lights and ornaments.

“Are we at the North Pole!?” Minhyuk (M6) asked excitedly. The reindeer smiled and flew onto a brightly lit runway stopping when they were inside the stables. The other reindeer looked at them confused as the boys helped the reindeer take off their gear to take a well deserved break.

“Where’s Andy.” An elderly looking reindeer asked as he walked up to them.

“Whoopsie, we left her in the park.” Hazel answered with a small giggle, obviously not sorry at all. “Don’t worry she’s probably fine.”

“I assume the Minhyuks and Minhyun helped save Christmas.” The elderly reindeer moved his focus onto the humans, who were surrounded by curious reindeer. With a loud cough, the reindeer moved away from the humans to let the elder talk to them. “Thank you for helping, without you not only would the presents not be delivered but our friends would have been stranded in the park. We’ll call for some elves to take you home but for now relax. You deserve a break.” With that the elderly reindeer left.

Two little reindeer named Pixy and Pixel gave the boys the grand tour of the whole building. They ended up back in the stables where elves greeted them with food and hot cocoa. Rocky snuggled up next to Hazel and looked around at the others, they looked just a tired as him. Soon all six Minhyuks and Minhyun fell asleep to soft death metal and the smell of cinnamon buns.

Rocky woke up in his warm bed and his mother was knocking on his door. “Come on Minhyuk, it’s time to open presents.” His father said before leaving his room.

“Was last night just a dream?” Rocky wasn’t able to ponder much, breakfast was calling his name. He quickly ran into the living room and sat down next to his father. One by one the gifts were open and breakfast was consumed. Rocky happily took his loot into his room. It wasn’t until he spotted a nicely wrapped gift poking out from under his bed. He placed the box onto the bed and opened it with haste. Inside was a new phone and a key with a little christmas tree on it. There was a note attached to the key.

Come visit us anytime!

-Hazel

Rocky smiled softly before turning on his new phone.

 

Rocky: So last night wasn’t a dream.

Drummer Boi: Nope.

Red Minhyuk: I wonder if they picked up Andy.

Pretty Senpai: Probably.

Min-Woof: This means we get to party with the reindeer whenever we want.

Gentlemen Prince: I wonder what the north pole is like when it’s not christmas.

B-Bomb: We can check it out later. I’m going to put this key in between my heart key and pumpkin key inside the bible.

Pretty Senpai: Heart Key?

Gentlemen Prince: Pumpkin key?

Drummer Boi: Don’t tell me you’ve been on other holiday adventures…

B-Bomb: Those are tales for another time. For now let’s hear about Minhyuk’s date.

Min-Woof: Oh look at that I’m using the christmas key. Goodbye.

Red Minhyuk: Come back here and spill the tea!!!

 

Rocky looked at his door knob before getting up and placed the key near it. A small keyhole formed and the key slid right in. He opened the door and was met with the smell of spices and edm playing in the background.

Happy Holidays!!!!!

(A/N): I think this ended up being my longest chapter yet and it's mostly due to me forgetting that this was supposed to be Christmas focused. I hoped you have enjoyed and have a wonderful holiday season! 

Bonus: There are 5 female reindeer and 4 male reindeer on Santa's team. All their names are based off of coffee flavors being served at a cafe I like to go to.
Female: Hazel, Caramel, Pumpkin, Cocoa, Peppermint.
Male: Chestnut, Mocha, Coffee, Mousse.