The Reward vacation

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Ho and Sohyun was called into a meeting with one of the producers of their drama. They were seated and chatting between themselves while waiting for the producer who was called out just as the meeting was about to start.

 

“I am sorry for making the two of you wait. Thank you for coming, at such short notice,” he gestured for them to continue be seated as he turned the music louder as he joined them. When his assistant left the room, he looked at them and gave them a knowing smile. Seung Ho and Sohyun looked at each other, perplexed and turned back to the Producer. “I know both of you are dating. So, I am impressed at how successful the two of you have in confusing and deflecting it for so long,” he remarked with a smile on his face.

 

Sohyun gasped while Seung Ho sat up straight, his senses alert. The Producer laughed again. “Relax. One, there isn’t any hidden camera or audio in this room.  I turned up the volume of the music in case anyone would eavesdrop, not that any of my staff would dare, but I thought for your sake, I do that. Secondly, I knew it before the drama, so I am the producer that insisted the director get the two of you for the drama. I betted that the chemistry will rock the drama world, and it did! So, I am a happy investor.”

 

Sohyun was flustered, “how did you know?” she asked hesistantly. Seung Ho stopped her, “Don’t say anything else.” The producer laughed again as he looked at Seung Ho, “So you are the strategist, but I bet Sohyun is the enforcer. I’m not trying to blackmail either of you. I am just cocky; that’s why I wanted you to know that I knew I was right.” He smiled triumphly. “Sohyun-ssi, you wanted to know how I knew about you two? It was a coincidence. I was in my car at a traffic light opposite Seung Ho’s car and recognized him. My mom loved Seung Ho-ssi since the Grandma’s Home drama and she made me watch the show many times. Then my eyes which were on him, saw that he was teasing the person next to him.” Sohyun wanted to say something but the Producer held up his hand. “Stop, please let me continue. I saw him stole a kiss, so it can’t be teasing a friend. That friend was you, Sohyun-ssi.” He paused as the two of them took in the information. Sohyun looked very nervous whereas Seung Ho was calm outwardly though the Producer could see his jaws were clenched and his eyes were hard. The Producer continued, “The two of you looked truly in love and I envied that. So, I became more interested and followed your work. It was amazing that no one caught the news and any scandals were easily deflected and left alone to die by itself. That’s why I wanted to have you paired up in this drama. Not to out you. But it was because you are both visually attractive and the chemistry would be outstanding if you are dating. I was also curious, maybe I didn’t hear any news because you may have broken up, that’s why I suggested the director to get Seung Ho to approach Sohyun. My gut’s feel was right, but the result was more than I expected.”

 

Seung Ho cleared his throat and asked warily, “What do you want from us now?” The Producer smiled. “I’ve got my investment return a whole lot more than expected, the drama and photoshoots, excellent! So, I want to reward you. I offered the reward vacation for the cast, to Phuket, because the drama was a huge success. But I want to offer the two of you a separate vacation, all expense paid, to any place in the world.”

 

Sohyun gasped and her face turn red. Seung Ho smiled and politely turned down the offer. “We’ll go with the crew to Phuket. As you stated earlier, we’ve kept it hidden for so long because we are very careful, and we would like to continue to do so. We appreciate it if you continue to keep that knowledge to yourself.” The Producer nodded, “I suspected you would decline the private vacation. Ok, then, I put you two on business class seats and private villa. It’ll be a chance for the two of you to be alone together.” “Thank you, but no again. Don’t you think that would tell the whole world that we are together too? So please, keep to the group arrangement. We appreciate what you are trying to do, but we’ll do it our way.” Seung Ho firmly said.  “Ok ok, I give it to you in monetary terms, a bonus to acknowledge your contribution to the success of the drama. I may call both of you again to promote it overseas, so I hope you will support me then. Thank you Sohyun and Seung Ho. I am supporting both of you to survive well in the industry. Seung Ho, if you ever want to move from acting to the producing, call me. I am impressed with how that brain of yours work.” The producer ended the meeting. Both of them stood up, shook hands and left. Seung Ho told Sohyun to forget the conversation they’ve had with the Producer as he could see she was worried.

 

A total of 14 people going for the trip, 8 ladies and 6 men. Seung Ho and Sohyun came separately and they were casually friendly. They were seated at the economy class together with the other casts. After they entertained a few photos and autograph requests, the casts stood around their seats and chatted among themselves. Junghyun turned to Seung Ho and asked, “Seung Ho, I heard that the Producer offered you and Sohyun business class seats. Did you decline?” The rest of them who were unaware of the offer, looked expectantly at them. “Oh, about that.  Yes, we were offered because we were the main leads but we rather join the rest of you,” he replied calmly. You Ram patted Seung Ho’s back, “You are a good man but, if it ever happened in the future that I was offered the business class seat, don’t be offended if I’ll take it.” Everyone laughed at that unlikely scenario.

 

Their accommodation was in a private resort with its own private beach. They were staying in 3 villas, the girls in two villas of group of 4 each and the guys in a bigger villa together. Everyone agreed to meet at the pool in 15 minutes after checking in. Seung Ho was in swimming top and board shorts. He sat by the pool with You Ram, applying sun block on his arms and legs, waiting for Sohyun to appear. He saw Sejong in a one-piece swimming suit, and he hoped Sohyun would not be in a bikini. He wasn’t sure if he could take other guys looking at her dressed that way.

 

Sohyun appeared with another actress in a two-piece swimming attire. A fully covered top and a short. She wore an oversized brimmed sun hat and as she walked towards the pool, she caught Seung Ho’s eyes that had followed her the moment she appeared. She smiled shyly and sat down at the edge of the pool near Sejong.

 

Seung Ho smiled back, feeling relief. He watched her from his lounge chair, admiring her beautiful profile. “Do you want to go into the pool?” You Ram asked seriously. “Then you can be nearer to her.” There was no teasing tone in his voice. Seung Ho looked at him, surprised at the seriousness of the simple question. “Hyung..” Seung Ho uttered softly. “I know you like her, a lot, I must say. I can also see that she likes you too. The two of you have become closer, but I am still not sure if you are dating her.” Seung Ho wanted to say something but You Ram stopped him. “Don’t tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter