Happy Birthday

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Ho had a few days that are free of schedule and he had spent it catching up on his sleep, spending time with his family and friends. He met Sohyun daily, either in the morning before her classes or in the evening. They wanted to watch a movie but there wasn’t anything interesting that are worth watching. So, the gang decided to go out for dinner at the same restaurant they went the first time. The dinner was a lot of fun as the group has gotten closer.

 

Towards the end of his rest days, Seung Ho went to his office to discuss the overseas promotion. Seated opposite Seung Ho, CEO Kim cleared his throat and told Seung Ho that they will promote the drama in 5 countries in Asia and the production company insisted that both the main leads must do the promotion. “I really tried to inform them that you do not want to do it jointly because of the constant rumours about you and Yoo Jung, but they believe that the rumours are good for the drama,” CEO Kim explained.

 

Seung Ho kept quiet for a while, and stood up. CEO Kim flustered, “Seung Ho, let’s sit down and discuss first.” “It’s OK, CEO Kim. I’ll do it, please send me the schedule. My request which I hope they can agree this time is that, I prefer not to be on the same plane as Yoo Jung. I do not want to be seen travelling together. I’ve agreed to promote the drama with her so that should satisfy them. The least they can do is to accommodate this request,” Seung Ho said firmly. CEO Kim was pleased that Seung Ho agreed to this, “Sure, sure. I’ll insist on it”.

 

That night Seung Ho discussed the schedule with Sohyun during their night date. Sohyun was dismayed to find out that Seung Ho would be away in Tokyo promoting the event on his birthday. There isn’t even time to celebrate before that as he would be in Hong Kong in a couple of days, for the promotion and a photoshoot. “It’s ok sweetie, we can celebrate when I am back. I don’t need anything much, just knowing I will come back to you would be enough,” Seung Ho comforted Sohyun. Disappointed, Sohyun nodded.

 

Sohyun shared with Seung Ho that she has received calls for several dramas. Though she was still unwilling to commit for the main character roles due to her school commitments, there were several options for cameo or small supporting roles.  She was keen on one of the smaller roles and even a cameo. They discussed the various options and Sohyun was pleased with her final decision.

 

Seung Ho started his promotion tour to Hong Kong. During the interview section of the photoshoot, the interviewer brought up his chemistry on the drama with Kim Yoo Jung.

 

Interviewer:   Everyone was surprised at the more mature expression that you displayed in this drama. The way you conveyed your feelings towards your love interest was really good that now there are shipping wars between you and Yoo Jung, and you and Sohyun. What can you tell us about the chemistry you have with Yoo Jung and with Sohyun? And how have you managed to continue to swoon all the ladies even more so now?

 

Seung Ho:     (Laughing) Were you swooned too?

                        I am always looking for ways to improve my craft. And as I get older, and go through more life experiences, I am able to bring them into my acting. As these are something I experienced myself, I think it would make it even more believable.

On the shipping wars, this always happen when the leads have good chemistry. Between Sohyun and I, we were restricted by the genre, it was a period drama where it’s not possible to express your feelings in an overt manner. On top of that, it would be problematic as she was not a legal adult yet at that time. I didn’t have similar problems with Yoo Jung. Anyway, I believe the shipping of the leads are done in good fun as long as it remains healthy.

 

 

“Is Seung Ho-oppa declaring that he has been or is in a relationship with that answer? And why the emphasis on him and you instead of Yoo Jung? Are the two of you planning to go public?” the girls bombarded Sohyun after they watched his interview.  Sohyun was also surprised at the answer, but it was quite brilliant, it could mean something or it could mean nothing too. She shrugged as she did not know Seung Ho-oppa’s intent, but they had agreed to deny their relationship to the public if ever they were asked.

 

Changing topic, she discussed about celebrating Seung Ho’s birthday with her girlfriends. “He did so much for me on my birthday, and I can’t just give him a present when he returned,” she lamented. Clearing , Minjun suggested “Errr, you know, there are some gifts that I’m sure he would very much appreciate, that would make up for it being belated, you know…. gifting yourself, maybe?” Sujin and Jieun snorted in laughter while Sohyun glared at Minjun. “Mian, just a suggestion. You don’t have to take it up,” Minjun said apologetically though there is still a ring of laughter behind her apology.

 

Calming down, Sujin suggested visiting Seung Ho on his birthday in Tokyo. “You can do a day trip if you are concerned with staying overnight with him. Or you could bunk in with Yoo Jung. This is of course if you are willing to let Yoo Jung know about your relationship with him.” Sohyun thought about it and a surprise visit to see Seung Ho-oppa would definitely be a wonderful present. However, she was worried about the expectation that may come from being with him in another country. She was not ready for further development in their physical relationship. Sujin assured Sohyun that Seung Ho-oppa would be respectful of her wishes and if he did not, then it’s good for Sohyun to know early and break it off. Agreeing, she started planning the trip.

 

She arranged with Yoo Jung to visit her in Tokyo during the promotion. “Oohhhh, its not for me right, you coming to Tokyo to visit your long-time crush? No problem at all. Are you bunking with me or getting a separate room?” Yoo Jung heartily agreed for Sohyun to share her room. They have not chatted for a long time and she was glad to catch up with Sohyun.

 

Sohyun was grateful that Yoo Jung agreed to the arrangement. Although she can pay for her own room, but she felt better to be with Yoo Jung. This could also fend off any scandals if her presence in Tokyo was discovered. “Could you not let Seung Ho-oppa know I am coming? We’ll just surprise him, ok?”

 

On Seung Ho’s birthday, Sohyun called him up in the early morning to wish him. She then travelled incognito to Tokyo. However, as there were expected to be fans and reporters waiting around the hotel premises, Yoo Jung arranged with the hotel to pick Sohyun up from the airport to their special entrance for stars.

 

Hugging each other when she arrived in Yoo Jung’s room, they caught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter