Culture Day

My Unbelievable Princess

Ji-hyo cocked her head as she take a look at the 2 guys in her room. She cross her arms. 

 

"We slept together. Why? I can't slept with my own bodyguard?" 

 

Chanyeol's jaw dropped as he heard Ji-hyo's words. He shakes his head. 

 

"N.. No! Yah! Tell the truth!" 

 

Ji-hyo blinked her eyes. "But i tell him the truth."

 

Junmyeon loss words. He chuckled. His chest feels really heavy. 

 

"I.. I think i need to go now.." Junmyeon said as he hurrily leave the room. Chanyeol sighs. He take a look at Ji-hyo. 

 

"YAH! WHAT IF I GOT FIRED AND-

 

"You won't be fired, stupid. You're actually safe now."

 

Chanyeol surprised. He raised his eyebrows.

 

"What the hell? Safe? Is that your own dictionary for actually-you-are-suffered-now?" 

Ji-hyo shakes her head. "No. I really mean it. You're safe."

Chanyeol blinked his eyes. "What do you mean?" 

 

"It means you're safety now because no one can't touch you." Ji-hyo said as she gets up from her bed.

 

"Because you're my person now, Park Chanyeol. Only me who can torture you." 

 

 


And that's how Chanyeol's day start. He wear his tie as he take a look at himself in the mirror.


"We slept together. Why? I can't slept with my own bodyguard?" 


Chanyeol shakes his head. He looks really worried. 


"What if Junmyeon angry?! Doesn't she know that he likes her?!


"Well.. Seems like she doesn't know at all." Chanyeol said to himself. He shakes his head again. 


"How am i going to face Junmyeon from now?! You little brat, Ji-hyo?!" 

 

 

Junmyeon looks blank as he sit in front of President Kim, who is having his breakfast while talking about politic. Ji-hyo is also there, eating lazily. 

"They're.. Actually having a one night stand?"  Junmyeon thinks in his mind. His heart can feel the pain and it bother him so much. 

 

Junmyeon looking at Ji-hyo, who seems pretty fine. 


"Am i going to lose you again? Like how i lose to make you stay in Korea?"


"Junmyeon?" 


Junmyeon turns his eyes. President Kim is looking at him, confused. 


"Y.. Yes.. President?"


"Is there any problem?" 


Junmyeon just quiet. He take a glance at Ji-hyo, who completely not paying attention to him or her father.


"No.. Sir. I'm sorry."


President Kim nods. "Seems like you need some rest." He said while take a glance at Ji-hyo. 


"Is your mother already went to some appointment again? I haven't seen her." 


"Maybe." Ji-hyo said as she eat her soup. President Kim thinks for a while. 


"Then, you should be the one who replace her for coming into the culture day."


Ji-hyo cough, shocked. She take a look at her father. 


"EH?!" 


President Kim seems serious. "Well.. You learn about culture.. It seems prefect, right? Beside, you're the first daughter.. You should be a good example for our country." 

Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. "But still-

"Minseok and Taemin will join you." President Kim said. Then, he remember something. 


"Ah, right. Captain Park will join you too."


Junmyeon looks uncomfortable. He take a look at President Kim. 


"But.. I think Minseok and Taemin is enough-


"Okay. I agree." Ji-hyo said as she gets up from her position. "Let me bring that moron." 


President Kim nods. He smile widely.


"Seems like he already attracted you."


If only he knows that the guy beside him looks really desperate now. Junmyeon lowering his head. Maybe, today is not his lucky day. 

 


Ji-hyo wear her earrings when Minseok entering her room with a wide smile. He put some files into the table. 


"They will talk about how we will protect our traditional culture. You'll also see some performance and eat some traditional food. Don't worry. That pretty easy actually."

"I know." Ji-hyo said as she put a mascara. "Eomma should be grateful to have a good daughter like me. Now she can have so many free time, thanks to me!" 

Minseok laughs. He cross his arms. "Actually.. Madam called me this morning. She said that she's coming back at 5 pm." 


Ji-hyo nods. "How lucky she is to spend so much time with her friends."


Minseok just quiet. Then, he smile. 


"You're going to spending your time with me and Taemin, Ji-hyo ah. Isn't it fun?" 


Ji-hyo laughs. She let out a sigh. 


"Shall we go now, Kim Minseok ssi?" 

 

 

Taemin is running downstairs in hurry. He has a car key on his hand. Chanyeol looking at him. 

 

"Yah! Where are you going?" 

 

Taemin sighs. "If you want to talk about last night, i'm sorry. But i really need to go now!" 

 

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "Uh? Why?"

 

"YAH!"

 

Chanyeol turns his head. And soon, he regret it. 

 

Ji-hyo walk towards his direction. Minseok is following behind her. 

"What now?!" Chanyeol said lazily. Ji-hyo smirk. 

"This is an order. Follow me." Ji-hyo said as she grab his collar shirt. Chanyeol shocked.


"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" 


"THIS IS AN ORDER!" Ji-hyo said as she drag him. "Taemin! Minseok! Let's go!" 


And with that, the four of them is getting off to the culture day. 


Junmyeon looking at all the scene. Then, he sighs. 

 

 

"You're the one who knows the location. I'll just following you." Chanyeol said, talking from his earpiece. Then, he nods.

Ji-hyo just quiet as she study the materials. Chanyeol take a glance at her. 

 

"Tsk. How can she doesn't look bothered at all." 

 

"Junmyeon looks so uncomfortable now." 

 

Ji-hyo raised her eyebrows. She take a look at Chanyeol.

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because your words earlier."

 

Ji-hyo thinks for a while. "But i think his facial expression always like that." 

Chanyeol sighs. Finally, he can't stand to think about this alone.

 

"Yah. But i think Junmyeon like you. That's why i'm getting so uncomfortable around him today."

 

Ji-hyo suddenly quiet. She blinked her eyes. 

 

"I know it."

 

Chanyeol cough, surprised. 

 

"Know what?"

 

"Junmyeon oppa like me. I know it."

 

Chanyeol chuckled in disbelief. "How can you act like that when you know he likes you..-

"Because he involved in politics." Ji-hyo said as she read the files again. "I hate politics so much. But he and his family involved in politics. I know his mother wanted me to be her daughter-in-law, but i don't want to be another reflection of my mother."

 

Chanyeol just quiet. He understand about it. He nods. 

 

"Yeah. But at least, respect his feelings. He must be hurted because of your words earlier."

 

Ji-hyo let out a sigh. "Yes.. Yes.. Mr. Nagging." 

 

Chanyeol shakes his head. He let out a sigh. 

 

Ji-hyo turns her eyes to the outside. She seems thinking about that. 

 


"This is TBS News reporting from Incheon, where the culture day was held. And now, the daughter of President Kim Jae-moon, Kim Ji-hyo is coming as a representative to have some talk with Mayor of Incheon and minister of culture."


Ji-hyo walks elegantly, guarding by Chanyeol. Minseok and Taemin is walk behind her. Ji-hyo smile and bow to everyone there. 


"Omo.. She's so pretty!" 

"I heard that she studied culture in Paris!"

"Wah. She must be smart.."

Ji-hyo hear every compliment and smile even wider. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He whisper to her. 

"Don't smile because people complimenting on you. Smile because you meet a bunch of kind people."

Ji-hyo move her head closer to Chanyeol, keep smiling. 

"You never know from 3 people who complimenting me, the rest of people is talking behind my back."

Chanyeol sighs. He straightened Ji-hyo's back. Ji-hyo surprised. She take a look at Chanyeol. 


"Then, put a sincere smile. Not that fake one.


Ji-hyo just quiet. She bit her lips, and then, she smile. More sincere this time. 


Chanyeol nods. "Good girl. That's more pretty." 

 


"I know that we're trying hard to keep our traditional culture, but some things change because it has to be change." The mayor said. "Example, to make it more easier and less risk, we change the manual machine to automatic machine in factory." 

Ji-hyo nods. "But i think, we can balancing between the traditional culture and modern culture. Like.. Hanbok. Why don't we make woman wear it every party? That's more polite and not showing much skin."


The minister of culture and Mayor nods their head, seems agree to Ji-hyo's statement. 


"Then.. We should apply that during our independence day celebration." 

 

Ji-hyo smile. The minister of culture looking at her. 

 

"You're so smart. President Kim must be proud to you."

 

Ji-hyo chuckled. She bows politely. 


"Yeah.. Proud.."

 

 

Ji-hyo just quiet. Chanyeol walks beside her, staring at her weirdly. It's not like her to keep shut after doing some important things. 


"Is he.. Really proud of me?" 


Chanyeol turns his head. "Hm?" 


Ji-hyo let out a sigh. "My father. If he knows that Minister of Culture and Mayor keep complimenting about how smart i am.. Will he proud of me? Like what they said?" 

 

Chanyeol just quiet. Ji-hyo seems drowning in her thoughts about this. Just then, he spot a food stall that sell hotteok. Chanyeol get an idea. 

 

"WAAAH! HOTTEOK!" Chanyeol said as he run to the food stall. Ji-hyo surprised. 

 

"Yah! Are you that happy because of that?!" 

 

Chanyeol laughs. He take a look at Ji-hyo, who still standing there.

 

"Let's have some!" 

 

Ji-hyo just quiet. But it looks really delicious. Then, she run into Chanyeol's direction.

 

"Eommonim! 2 hotteok!" 

 

"Araseo." The old lady said as she put 2 hotteok into 2 paper bags. The old lady turns her head. Just then, she realize who is in front of her. 

 

"Omo! The president's daughter!" 


Ji-hyo chuckled. She blushing. 


"Eommonim. Don't call me like that!" 


"Aigoo.." The old lady as she looks really amazed. "But a first daughter is on my food stall. I feel so grateful."

Ji-hyo blinked her eyes. This is the first time she heard that people feels grateful for her appearance.

 

Chanyeol smile. He take look at Ji-hyo. 


"See? Not every people is mean and talking bad about you.." 


Ji-hyo smile. "Thank you.. Eommonim."


The old lady nods. Just then, she turns her eyes to Chanyeol.


"Omo. Is he your boyfriend?" 

 

Ji-hyo surprised. She take a look at Chanyeol, who also surprised. 

"NO!" Said both of them in union. The old lady laughs. 

"Every couple who come into my food stall always said they're not a couple, but 5 months later they come wearing a wedding ring!" 

 

Chanyeol cough. He punch his chest.

 

Ji-hyo shakes her head. "We.. We're really not a couple, eommonim!" 

The old lady furrow her eyebrows. "Wah.. Really? But both of you looks like a good match." 

Ji-hyo and Chanyeol just quiet. Both of them staring at each other. 


"What? Couple? My .."


"No way i became a couple with this rude girl!" 


Just then, another old lady come into the food stall. The old lady smile. 

"This is my mother. She is good at face reading!" 

"Eommonim!" Ji-hyo said, surprised. But also, she bows to another elder there. Chanyeol also bows politely towards her. 

"Call me halmeoni." The elder said. She take a look at Ji-hyo.. And then turns her eyes to Chanyeol..


"Both of you will be a good match, because you can heal each other's pain." 


Ji-hyo just quiet. She blinked her eyes. 


"Each other.. Pain?" 


Just then, she remember how she told her story to Chanyeol. How her father actually abandoned her, how her mother and her suffer because of her father's politic career.. And how Chanyeol can comforting her.. She remember everything. 


"Besides.." Halmeoni said as she smile widely. "I think.. This guy is trying to protect you, young lady. He will do whatever to make sure you're safe.."


Chanyeol blinked his eyes. "But.. That's.. My job.."


Halmeoni smile. She nods, understand. 


"But it seems like you did it more than just for works.. You see her as a woman.. A woman you need to protect the most. Your number one priority. Maybe you're not realize it.. But soon, you'll realize that." 


Chanyeol shocked. Suddenly, his heart beating faster.


"Th.. Then, what about her?!" Chanyeol said as he point his finger to Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo glaring at him. 


Halmeoni smile. "Young lady is trying to open her heart.. She looks comfortable around you.."


And it turns the whole situation. Both of them looks awkward to each other now. Ji-hyo is trying hard to forget what halmeoni said, while Chanyeol keep thinking about what halmeoni said. 


"Trying to open my heart?! Heol!" 


"Seeing her as a woman?! But why?!" 


"Let's forget about that."


"Don't think about it anymore."


Ji-hyo and Chanyeol talks at the same time. Both of them blinked their eyes. 


"Uh.." Ji-hyo said as she think a proper words. "Let's.. Not think about it and keep being a.. Job partner?" 

 

Chanyeol thinks for a while. Then, he nods. 

 

"Uh.. Yeah.. Job partner.. Sounds good."

 

Ji-hyo smile. Now, all the awkwardness has gone.

 

"Yah!" Ji-hyo said as she hold his arms. "Let's watch the dance performance!" 

 

Chanyeol surprised as she hold her arms. But then, he smile. He nods. 


"Yeah. Let's just see how our faith fill works.." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my poor junmyeon has to suffer because jihyo's stupid words😂 anyway i finally update again. Huhihu. Enjoy the story and don't forget to watch m countdown today! (But i don't know if exo will there or not, since they said their last stage was inkigayo last week but they're at the m countdown line up today😅😞)