A Secret That I Can't Tell

My Unbelievable Princess

 

"That.. That jacket.."
 


Chanyeol's face turns into pale as soon ad he see President Kim that wearing his old army jacket.

 


"No way."

 


Chanyeol frozen in his position. His eyes widen in shocked.
 


"S.. Si.. Sir.."
 


President Kim just quiet. He's staring at Chanyeol.
 


"This is the time he should know everything."



President Kim clenched his fist. He cocked his head.



"Do you recognize me now.. Yeol?"



Chanyeol shocked. He take a step backwards as he hold the door knob to hold himself.



This is just too shocking. Too shocking for him.
 

 


"If you think that i'm the one who killed your father, you're completely wrong."
 


Chanyeol turns his eyes to President Kim. President Kim looks really serious.
 


Chanyeol shakes his head.
 


"N.. No. Someone told me..-
 


"Who? A guy with a brown suit during your father's funeral?"
 


Chanyeol surprised. His eyes widen in shocked.



"H.. How.. Can.."
 


"He is the one who killed your father."

 



Chanyeol feels weak. His hold into the door knob slowly loose as he fall into the floor.


President Kim slowly walk approaching Chanyeol that looks really shocked now. President Kim take a deep breath.


"That guy.. Kim Byung-han.. Is now the Prime Minister.. He is the one that killed your father because your father heard his evil plan about coup d'etat. Sadly and unfortunate. He is the one that got killed and called as the one that planned that thing."
 


Chanyeol just quiet. His eyes are teary.



"I found out about that a year after your father's death. I just found a voice record about how Kim Byung-han planned about it and suddenly, your father's voice can be heard there as he barge into the room."
 


Chanyeol looks blank. Tears slowly fall from his eyes.


"I slowly realize that i've never got his dog tag. So, i began to look for it with my man. And 21 years later.. I got it."
 


President Kim take out a dog tag from his pocket and give it to Chanyeol. Chanyeol turns his eyes into the dog tag. Then, he take a look at President Kim.
 


"Take this with you. This is belong to you."
 


Chanyeol trying hard to holding back his tears. He wipe his tears and take the dog tag.
 


"It.. It must be hard for you.. Abeoji.."
 


Chanyeol hold the dog tag tight as he cry. He feels really guilty to heard the truth behind his father's death. His body is trembling and his voice cracked.

 


"I.. I'm sorry.. Abeoji. To find out about this so late. I'm so sorry. You must be really hurt."

 


President Kim sighs. He lowering his head as he can feel the sadness.


Chanyeol just crying. No words can explain how much it hurts and how sad it is to be on his position now. And President Kim know about it really well.
 


"Don't cry.. Yeol.. Don't cry." President Kim said as he pats Chanyeol's shoulder. "Show him how strong you are, show him your soldier's soul!"
 


But soon, tears falling from President Kim's eyes as he can't stand anymore. This is too tragic for him.

 



President Kim take a look at Chanyeol. Now both of them already in a stable condition and sit facing each other.

"Do you want some coffee?" President Kim said as he gets up from his position. "I like to drink coffee to relaxing my body-
 


"What should i do?"
 


President Kim turns his head. Chanyeol take a look at him.
 


"What should i do to fight against Prime Minister?"
 


President Kim blinked his eyes. Didn't expect this kind of question.



"Well.. Prime Minister Kim is not someone you can approach easily." President Kim said as he take two cups of coffee. He put one in front of Chanyeol.


"He's having a strong connection. Even FBI. All of his man works under the military.."


President Kim suddenly quiet. He remembers about something.
 


"West Point."
 


Chanyeol turns his eyes. President Kim nods as he agree to his words.
 


"Go study to West Point. Once you return to here, i'll promote you as a general."
 


Chanyeol widen his eyes in shocked. He take a look at President Kim.
 


"To fight against the one that having his power in army, you should be the one who lead his power.."
 


President Kim take a breath. "In army."
 


Chanyeol just quiet. Studying again in West Point and return as a General. That's a good idea, but..
 


Isn't that means he has to leave Ji-hyo?
 


"I.." Chanyeol said as he looks hesitated. President Kim take a look at him.


"I enjoy my time as a worker here.."


President Kim smile as he seems understand what Chanyeol means. He put his cup into the table.



"You don't want to leave because of her?"
 


Chanyeol blinked his eyes. President Kim smile.
 


"I know everything more than you two could imagine."
 


Chanyeol lowering his head. Now it feels like he talk to his father in law.
 


"I.. No.. What i mean is i'll think about anything to-
 


"This is the only thing."
 


Chanyeol turns his eyes. President Kim sighs.
 


"It seems like an excuse, but i don't have any power. Army is out of my control eventough i was a General back then."



Chanyeol just quiet. He sighs.
 


Just right after he find his happiness, just right after he found someone to protect the most, just right after he found a reason to stay alive and not to get hurt..


Just right after he found his love for Ji-hyo is much bigger than he can imagine, now he has to leave her.
 


Chanyeol think really hard. This is the hardest decision he've ever made in his life.
 


President Kim seems can read Chanyeol's mind. He let out a breath.
 


"Well.. If you think this is hard..-
 


"I'll go."
 


President Kim take a look at Chanyeol. Determination is something that he can see from Chanyeol's face.
 


"I'll study in West Point and return as a General, in the name of my father.. I'll clear his name from anything dirty."



President Kim gets up from his position. He take a deep breath.
 


"You have 2 weeks. I'll send your cv right now."
 


Chanyeol let out a heavy sighs. But then, he nods.
 


"But.. Sir.."
 


President Kim turns his head. Chanyeol take a look at him.
 


"Can i.. Finish my things with her before i go?"
 


President Kim smile. He nods.
 


"Make her happy before she destroy this place."



Chanyeol chuckled. But inside.. This is just too sad.



To leave her like that.

 


*****


2 weeks later, D-2 Before Chanyeol's departure.



"Gangneung?" Ji-hyo said as she surprised. President Kim nods.


"Yes. Gangneung. Do you know where it is?"


Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. "How can you ask someone who live in France for the rest of her life?"

President Kim let out a breath. "Well.. Seems like you forgot about it but that's where your grandfather and grandmother live."


Ji-hyo rolled her eyes. She cross her arms.


"Why don't you ask your wife to go there? I WON'T GO THERE!"


President Kim nods as he already expect this kind of answer. He cross his arms. 


"Fine. If you didn't want to do that." President Kim said as he take out his phone from his pocket. He dialed a number.
 


"Oh? Captain Park?"
 


Ji-hyo turns her head in a flash. She take a look at President Kim.



"What the?! Is he threatening me?!!"
 


President Kim take a glance at Ji-hyo. "Oh.. Yeah.. I think Ji-hyo has another appointment. You should go with Ministry of Culture's daughter, then."


"WHAT?!?!?" Ji-hyo said as she start to panic. She doesn't expect this kind of plot twist situation.

 


"CHANYEOL, GOING TO ANOTHER CITY WITH ANOTHER GIRL?! YOU MUST BE KIDDING!!!" 
 


"I'LL GO!!" Ji-hyo said as she let out a sighs. President Kim take a look at her.


"Just.. Just don't make me doing something stupid, okay? I'll pack things!"


And with that, Ji-hyo hurrily run into her room and slam the door. President Kim laughs. He return to the caller.
 


"Get the car ready, Junmyeon."



Junmyeon laughs. He put his phone into his pocket. It's been 2 weeks since that tragic day for him and now he rarely to Ji-hyo or Chanyeol like usual.


But something changed it. But one condition changed his mind to avoid them.


Junmyeon suddenly quiet as he staring at Chanyeol, who running into his direction because Ji-hyo suddenly agree to her father. Junmyeon sighs.


"Aside from my pain because of them.. I think both of them feel the greatest pain.."


Flashback. Junmyeon just got back from his house. He already changed his wet clothes and hurrily heading to President Kim's room as suddenly, President Kim ask him to come.


Yes. Actually this is 11 pm. Almost midnight.


"Is there something so important?" Junmyeon said as he wait the elevator to opened and soon, it's opened. Junmyeon hurrily walk to President Kim's room.


"Sir? I'm here." Junmyeon said as he softly knock the door.
 


"Come in."



Junmyeon entering the room. President Kim is there, in front of his computer, wearing his glasses. There are some documents in front of him.
 


"Are there still any works left?" Junmyeon ask as he think that he already finished the works. President Kim shakes his head.
 


"Create a CV for Captain Park."
 


Junmyeon blinked his eyes. "Uh.. CV? For what?"
 


President Kim sighs. He take off his glasses and lean his back into the chair. He take a look at Junmyeon as he points the computer.
 


"Look at this."
 


Junmyeon just quiet yet confused. He walk closer and he take a look at the computer.


Just then, his eyes widen.
 


"West.. West Point?!"
 


President Kim nods. "I'm going to send him to study in West Point. I already called their academics and they said they can approve it in 5 days if we have his CV and all his achievements."
 


Junmyeon blinked his eyes, looks hesitated.
 


"But sir.. Are you sure you're going to send him..-
 


"He already know the truth, Junmyeon."
 


Junmyeon's eyes widen in shocked. He turns his head.
 


"H.. How.."
 


"I told him." President Kim said as he gets up from his seat.
 


"I can't make him wait any longer. He should know this sooner or later."
 


Junmyeon looks guilty. He hold the computer mouse on his hand tight.
 


President Kim turns his head. "Your father is going to enter the party, Junmyeon. He is going to elected as a President, 2 years from now, i'm going to retired. How can i give this country to him?"


Junmyeon close his eyes. President Kim was right. Isn't he the one who wanted to reveal his father's dark secret?


Junmyeon straighten his position. He take a look at President Kim.



"Don't you know they're falling in love for each other?"
 


President Kim lowering his head. Then, he sighs.
 


"I know."
 


Junmyeon take a deep breath. Then, he smile.
 


"I'll give the CV tomorrow morning, sir."
 


Flashback ends. Junmyeon put his hand into his pants's pocket.


"She must be agree."


Chanyeol is trying hard to catch his breath as he hold his knees. Then, he straightened his position.
 


"Aish that girl! Will she keep making people suffer like that?!"
 


Junmyeon laughs. He take a look at Chanyeol.
 


"Do you mean she will cause many things after you go?"
 


Chanyeol suddenly quiet. He take a look at Junmyeon.
 


"How can..-
 


"I'm the one that made the CV." Junmyeon said as he lean his back into the car. Chanyeol widen his eyes in surprised.



"Really?! Why President Kim didn't tell me about this.."



"If you're the one that made the CV, someone will found out as soon as you type one words, you know?"
 


Chanyeol sighs. He lean his back into the car too.
 


"Would you take care of her after all this mess that i created? Because i don't think anyone can do that."
 


Junmyeon smile. He take a look at the sky.
 


"I don't think anyone can handle her, even it's me."
 


Chanyeol lowering his head. He smile bitterly.
 


"President Kim said i can't tell her."
 


"Yeah, you can't." Junmyeon said as he take a look at him.
 


"Even if you tell, there's nothing she can do actually."
 


Chanyeol let out a sighs. Then, he take a look at Junmyeon.
 


"At least please looking for her. I beg you, hyung."



Junmyeon laughs as he heard Chanyeol calling him hyung. Then, he tap his shoulder.
 


"I already did that for 11 years. Now, it's your turn to looking for her before you go."
 


Chanyeol turns his head. Ji-hyo is ready as she walks into his direction now. But then, she froze as soon as she sees Junmyeon.
 


"That stupid girl. She must be too shocked to see you with me."
 


Junmyeon chuckled. "Should i pretend to not seeing her?"
 


Chanyeol laughs. His lips forming a smile as soon as he sees his favorite girl.
 


Ji-hyo just standing there, looking awkward because Junmyeon is there talking with Chanyeol. Her face says it all.


"Whatever your choice, hyung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH MY GOD FINALLY I CAN UPDATE AGAIN😭😭 I'M SO SORRY TO TAKE SO MUCH TIME TO UPDATE. I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH COLLEGE AND MY SCHEDULE IS REALLY BAD :( ONCE AGAIN, I'M SO SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE. I'LL MAKE A DOUBLE UPDATE FOR TODAY SO STAY TUNE! 

 

 

Well, yeah. Chanyeol is going to leave Ji-hyo.