Lullaby

My Unbelievable Princess

The doctor take a look closer at Ji-hyo's bruise. She shakes her head. Ji-hyo just quiet.

"How can you bear the pain all night long?" The doctor sighs as she cross her arms. Chanyeol take a look at Ji-hyo.

"Is.. It bad?" Chanyeol ask to the doctor. The doctor bit her lips.

"Well.. It's not that bad. But the pain sure kill her so much. I will give her some painkiller and cream so the bruise will recover quickly."


Chanyeol nods. He bows to the doctor.


"Thank you.. Doctor."


Ji-hyo wear the blazer again. Chanyeol walks towards her.


"Do you want to go home?"


Ji-hyo furrow her eyebrows. "Do you think i have another place to go?"


Chanyeol thinks for a while. He looks hesitated.


"Well.. I can take you to somewhere if you want..-

"With this kind of clothes and bruise in my back?" Ji-hyo said as she rolled her eyes. "Just take me to home. I'm fine."


Chanyeol let out a sigh. He nods.


"Okay."


Ji-hyo and Chanyeol is heading to house now. Ji-hyo just quiet. She's staring at the outside. Chanyeol take a glance at her from the rearview mirror.


"How can she bear all the pain by herself? She's holding it for too long."


Ji-hyo looks blank. President Kim's words lingering on her head.


"She is an adult and still immature. How can she talks to older people like that?! Who teach you to become so cocky, Kim Ji-hyo?!"


"You're the one who taught me." Ji-hyo said in her mind.


Just then, Ji-hyo turns her eyes. There's a guy and his daughter giggling happily while eating their ice cream. The guy holding his daughter's hand tight.


"How can for the rest of my life, i've never eat ice cream with my father or giggling each other like that?"


Ji-hyo lowering her head. The wall that she build for all this time, finally break. Tears finally falling from her eyes. She finally showing her true self.


The lonely Ji-hyo.


Ji-hyo just crying. She doesn't care about Chanyeol. She doesn't care about her bruise. Because this is more painful than the bruise.



Ji-hyo place her head into her palm hands. She keep crying for a long time.


Chanyeol take a glance at her. He looks really worried.


"Just cry, Ji-hyo. You hold it for a long time."

 


Junmyeon just quiet. President Kim keep talking about politics and strategies, but seems that it doesn't even entering his head. President Kim realize it. He clear his throat.


"Junmyeon."



But Junmyeon just quiet. His head keep thinking about one thing.


Ji-hyo.


"Kim Junmyeon."


The driver turns his head. He poke Junmyeon's hand. Just then, Junmyeon wake up from his daydream. He take a glance at the President.


"I.. I'm sorry.. Sir."


President Kim sighs. "If it's because what happened this morning, don't worry. she'll be fine. Captain Park is with her, you don't have to-


"I'm sorry for saying this sir, but sometimes, family is more important than anything. Because family is the only one that will trust you no matter what happen."


President Kim just quiet. His expression is unreadable.


Junmyeon bit his lips. "I can't think straight for now, sir. She already like my younger sister. I'm sorry." Junmyeon said as he bows politely.


And sure it hit President Kim so much.


When a not blood related person is worrying about your family more than you, where's your conscience?

 


Ji-hyo walk out from the car. Her eyes looks puffy. She is about to go straight to her residence, when suddenly, Chanyeol grab her arms.

"What now?" Ji-hyo said as she looks annoyed.

"Do you think you can sleep peacefully with a big painful bruise like that? Even your bed is more comfortable than anyone's bed in Korea, you need a tranquil environment to have a good rest."

Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. "No one in my residence now. Stop bothering me."



"You never know when your father will come home."


A words father make Ji-hyo thinks twice. She bit her lips.


Chanyeol take a look at her. "So? What do you think?"


Ji-hyo let out a sighs. "Fine. Do whatever you want."


Chanyeol smile. He drag Ji-hyo far from the main building.. To the backyard. A green backyard with Bukaksan as a good view in front of that. It looks really quiet, like no one ever touch this place.


Ji-hyo take a look at around her. She amazed by the view.



"How can.. There's a place like this in here.."



Chanyeol smile proudly. He cross his arms.



"One night, i come for patrol and suddenly passing this place. It's not creepy in here. The stars turn this place into a warm bedroom for anyone who needs a peace. I even come to sleep in here every midnight."

Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. "I stayed her for almost 2 years and never realize there's a beautiful place here.."

Chanyeol smile. He grab Ji-hyo's hand and bring her to the bench under the big tree. Chanyeol take a seat there. He pats his thigh.



"Here. If you want to sleep."



Ji-hyo raised her eyebrows. "Wait? At that bench? That's hurt!"



"I'll make sure it won't hurt. Trust me."



Ji-hyo looks hesitated. But then, she lay her body on the bench and put her head into Chanyeol's lap. Ji-hyo's eyes widen.


"Hey! It's.. Comfortable?"


Chanyeol laughs. "I told you."



Ji-hyo adjust her position so it won't hurt her back. She take a look at the Bukaksan in front of her.



"Well.. It's more comfortable than my bedroom."



Chanyeol smile. He pats her head softly. Ji-hyo surprised.


"Yah! What the hell are you doing?!"


"My mother always do this so i can sleep peacefully." Chanyeol said as he take a look at her. "Don't think anything stupid and just rest!"

"Tsk." Ji-hyo said as she turns her eyes into the Bukaksan again. Soon, a smile forming on her lips.



"Why such a beautiful place like this is never exposed?"



"Because beautiful things doesn't like attention." Chanyeol said as he staring at the Bukaksan. He thinks for a while.


"Just like you."


Ji-hyo nods. "Hey. You're quite a sensitive person."

Chanyeol chuckled. "Every guy has their sensitive side. And they showed it just for some people they trust."

Ji-hyo blinked her eyes. "Then.. You trust me?"



Chanyeol gulped. He thinks for a good answer.


"Um.. Well.. Not trust.. But.."

"So stupid." Ji-hyo said as she rolled her eyes. But soon, she touch her chest.



Why does her heart beating faster?



Chanyeol blinked his eyes, look nervous. He clear his throat to change the situation.



"Argh whatever! Why don't you sleep, huh?!"



Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. "Hey. Who's keep talking when i was trying to sleep?!"



"Fine! Fine!" Chanyeol said, awkward. He bit his lips, thinking for a while.



"Hey. Do you want to hear me rapping to be your lullaby?"


Ji-hyo shakes her head. "No thanks. It's bad for my eardrums."

"Tsk." Chanyeol said, annoyed. He thinks for another idea.

"How about i'm singing? I'm not bad. Actually, quite good."

"Heol. Whatever." Ji-hyo said mockingly. Chanyeol clear his throat, warming up his throat.



"I'll sing my favorite song."



"I don't care."


Chanyeol smile. He start to sing.


"Han namjaga geudaereul saranghamnida.."
(A man love you)


Ji-hyo just quiet. Well.. His voice is not that bad..


"Geu namjaneun yeolshimhi saranghamnida.."
(That man really loves you)


Chanyeol slowly move his head, following the tune.


"Maeil geurimjacheoreom geudaereul ttaradanimyeo~"
(Everyday, like a shadow, he follows you around)


Ji-hyo smile. Suddenly, the memory of her with Chanyeol everyday coming into her mind. Eventough they bickering, yelling at each other.. But he always there. He always there for her.


"Geu namjaneun useumyeo ulgoisseoyo.."
(That man smiles but actually crying)


"Both of you will be a good match, because you can heal each other's pain."


Ji-hyo blinked her eyes. Halmeoni's words suddenly make sense for her.


He did heal her pain. He did it for her.


Chanyeol keep singing for Ji-hyo. He looks really genuine and put all his effort for it.


"Eolmana eolmana deo neoreul.. Ireohke baraman bomyeo honja~"
(How much, how much more, i have to gaze at you like this, alone?)



Chanyeol take a look at Ji-hyo. He smile. Ji-hyo is finally sleeping. He continue to sing.


"I baramgateun sarang i geojigateun sarang.. Gyesokhaeya niga nareul sarang hagenni.. Oh~"
(This wind like love, this useless love. If i continue this, will you love me?)


Ji-hyo finally have a good sleep thanks to Chanyeol. She looks really peaceful. Chanyeol pats her head softly.


"Jogeumman gakkai wa jogeumman.."
(Just come a little closer, just a little bit)


Chanyeol take a lool at her. His face looks unreadable.


"Did i do this just to make her sleep.. Or actually because i care about her?"


Chanyeol move his hand slowly to Ji-hyo's face. He touch her cheek, softly.


"Is this because i pity her.. Or because i really care about her?"
 



"Omo.." Taemin said as he standing at Ji-hyo's balcon. Using his binocular, staring at them. Since the backyard is actually behind Ji-hyo's room, he can see it clearly.

"Yah! I want to see it too!" Minseok said as he take the binocular and use it. Just then, he smile widely.

"How can it looks so heartwarming.." Minseok said, happily. Taemin smile. Both of them giggling happily while looking at them trough the binocular.

"Hyung! Do you think they realize their feeling for each other?" Taemin ask as his eyes still fixed on Ji-hyo and Chanyeol. Minseok just smile.



"I don't think they realize it now.. But they start to feel it now."



Taemin smile happily as he cross his arms. He nods. Both of them keep staring at the lovey dovey scene.



"I hope they'll realize it. Sooner or later. Noona won't feel lonely anymore."



 

 

 

 

 

 

double updates for todaaay! 😁 the song that chanyeol sing as lullaby is Hyun Bin - That Man. That song just came into my mind and when i heard the song.. It suit the situation really well as the meaning of this song also suit their relationship now. I hope you'll enjoy the story! 💙