Coronation Day

My Unbelievable Princess

Dinner has started. A lot of delicious food coming one by one as they finished the appetizer. But Chanyeol doesn't look like he's going to eat everything. His mind keep coming back to Ji-hyo.

And his eyes keep staring at the door on the right side.


"Why he doesn't coming out yet?!"



Junmyeon put the blanket into Ji-hyo's body. After make sure that she's already comfortable, Junmyeon turn off the lights. But just then, he realize there's something that shining above him.


Junmyeon chuckled. He crossed his arms.


"When did she put that?"


A colorful stars glow in the dark are shining brightly. Junmyeon furrow his eyebrows, seems like he notice something.


"Isn't that formed something.." Junmyeon said as he keep observing it. Just then, he realize it. Junmyeon chuckled.


"It's formed an alphabet C.. Huh?"




And this C man cannot even digest his food because Junmyeon is not coming out yet. Chanyeol take a glass of apple juice and drink it.


"I heard that the apple tree at the backyard is finally fruitful, is it right, Sir?"


President Kim nods. "Yeah. Delicious, right?"

Chanyeol nods. He's trying to turn his attention to the Clafoutis, this yummy buddy. Chanyeol cut the tart and eat it.
 


"This is so delicious, Sir."



President Kim smile. "I asked the chef to cook this since Taemin said Ji-hyo keep eating this dish during her stayed in Paris."


And that words succesfully make Chanyeol choked. He hurrily drink the apple juice.
 


"I.. I'm sorry.. Sir."



President Kim thinned his lips as he forget that the one that sit in front of him is his daughter's ex boyfriend. President Kim chuckled. He clear his throat.


"Actually, i invited you here today to talk about the coronation day."


Chanyeol suddenly quiet. He wipe his mouth using the tissue.

President Kim thinks for a while. "Isn't it good for you to do it in front of the entire nation?"

Chanyeol take a look at President Kim. A little bit surprised.


"Uh.. Pardon me?"


President Kim nods. "Well.. We can make it as our first move. It's more than enough to make him lose his control."


Chanyeol just quiet. He think about it.




Dinner is finally finished and President Kim is now heading to Busan to attend a meeting. Chanyeol is also finished his food and about to leave when suddenly, a door is opened.
 


"It's been a long time, Captain."
 


Chanyeol turns his head. And soon, he smile.


"Seems like you lose some weight, Head Secretary. Is it getting harder to work here?"


Junmyeon smile. He close the door slowly. Chanyeol turns his eyes to the door.


"Well.. It's getting tough but i'll missing this moment." Junmyeon said. He take a look at Chanyeol.


"What about you? West Point must be really fun since you look fine."


Chanyeol chuckled. He lowering his head.


"Fun? Yeah.. Maybe because it was the only thing that i enjoyed the most."


Junmyeon nods slowly. Just then, he think of something.
 


"Do you want to ask something?"



Chanyeol turns his eyes. To the door behind Junmyeon.. And to Junmyeon.
 


"How can you enter her room?"



"About what?"
 


Junmyeon blinked his eyes. Doesn't expect this kind of answer.


"He.. Didn't curious about how's she doing?"


"Your coronation day."


"Ah.." Chanyeol said as he nods. He thinks for a while.


"Nothing. I know all of you prepared this really well."


Junmyeon smile. He thinned his lips.


"Well.. I need to go now." Chanyeol said as he take a look at Junmyeon. "Thank you for the gift."


Junmyeon thinks for a while. Then, he realize that Chanyeol is referring to the speech text. Junmyeon chuckled.


"You need to thanked President Kim, not me."


Chanyeol laughs. He pats Junmyeon shoulder and soon, heading out from the house. Junmyeon just quiet. He keep staring at the main entrance.



"Why he keep avoiding something about her?"

 


"I should just ask him earlier." Chanyeol thinks as he walk out from the house. Chanyeol stop his steps. He turns his eyes into the balcon in front of Ji-hyo's room.



"YAAAH! I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN YOU MORON!"
 


Chanyeol smile. A memories about Ji-hyo yelling at him suddenly come into his head. Chanyeol just quiet. He staring at the balcon.


"How are you, Pororo?"




*****



"What's this?"


Ji-hyo staring at the dinning table. There's so many food.. Scratch that. Too many food. This table is full of a great dish.

"This is 8.00 am in the morning and yet you already make our Chef almost fainted by cooking this much?" Ji-hyo said as she turns her eyes to Madam Seo. Madam Seo shrugged her shoulder.



"Not me. Your father did."



Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. She cross her arms.



"What is he actually doing?"



"Well.. I don't know either so let's just have a breakfast, okay? I can't sleep last night because your father flight to Busan and as a good First Lady, i need to take care of him."

Ji-hyo shakes her head. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." She said as she take the forks and spoon. Look at this table.. All of delicious food is right in front of Ji-hyo's eyes. Maybe, the refrigerator is already empty now.

While busy thinking what should she eat first, Ji-hyo spotted something. She furrow her eyebrows.
 


"Hey. Is that Clafoutis?"



Madam Seo turns her head. Then, she nods.


"Yeah, Apple Clafoutis. Why?"


Ji-hyo smile. She hurrily take the plate of Clafoutis and cut the tart. Right after she eat it, Ji-hyo can't help but giggling happily.


"How can the taste is exactly the same like the one that made in Paris?"

 

 


"So this is where you will be standing for the first time as a General." Junmyeon said as he enter a ballroom. Chanyeol take a look at around him. There are so many chairs.


"Who will attend the coronation beside the army?"


"Hmm.." Junmyeon thinks for a while. "Press, President, Ministers.."


"That's it?" Chanyeol ask. He blinked his eyes.


"But President wanted the entire nation know about this.."


Junmyeon smile. He let out a breath.


"You never know what's inside President's mind."


Chanyeol chuckled. He walk to the stage as he check that everything is fine. He touch the microphone in front of him.


"Well.. For your information, i haven't read the speech yet."


Junmyeon nods. "I know it. I can see it from your face."

"Tsk." Chanyeol said as he keep staring at the microphone. Then, he turns his eyes to the front.



"I'm scared."
 


Junmyeon just quiet. But then, he smile.


"I know you can do it. You're more than capable."


Chanyeol smile. He take a look at Junmyeon.


"Thank you, hyung."


"Well.. I need to go back to Blue House. Take your time."


And with that, Junmyeon walk out from the ballroom, leaving Chanyeol alone. Chanyeol just quiet. He take a look at around him.


"This is where everything will begin. The war.."


Chanyeol take out something from his pocket. It's his father's dog tag. Chanyeol smile. He hold it tight.



".....The war has started."

 



Coronation Day



Taemin open the door slowly. Ji-hyo is there. Sitting on the couch while staring at the balcon.


"Noona.."


Ji-hyo turns her head. "Uh?"


Taemin let out a breath. Then, he smile.


"President command you to follow him."


Ji-hyo raised her eyebrows. She put the cup on her hands into the table beside her.


"What?"




Ji-hyo walks awkwardly as she staring at around her. What kind of meeting is this? Why she should follow her father and even wearing a formal dress like this?


"What is actually his plan?!"


Junmyeon just finished the briefing. He walked out from the ballroom. Just then, he furrows his eyebrows.


"Lee Taemin."


Taemin turns his head. His eyes widen as soon as he sees Junmyeon.


"Oh? Hyung? What are you doing here?"


Junmyeon blinked his eyes. A little bit confused.


"I should be the one that asked you that question. What are you doing here?"


Taemin thinks for a while.


"Well.. President asked me to bring Ji-hyo noona to here so here i am. Why?"


With that words come out from Taemin's mouth, Junmyeon widen his eyes in shocked. He hurrily grab Taemin's shoulder.


"WHAT?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF EVENT IN HERE?!"


Taemin surprised. He blinked his eyes as he's afraid and confused now.


"Huh? I.. I don't know.."


"THIS IS CAPTAIN PARK'S CORONATION DAY!"


Taemin widen his eyes. Shocked. Really shocked.


"WHAT?!?!?!?"



Ji-hyo entering the ballroom. She take a look at around her to find her father.. And there he is. Sitting in front of the stage with the ministers and some of the people from army. Ji-hyo just quiet. She decided to sit at the back.


"Actually, what kind of event is this? There's so many people from army and so many press here!"


Just then, Ji-hyo realize something. She blinked her eyes.


"Right. Why there's so many people that wearing an army uniform?"
 



"Look at you. Who knows that you ended up as a soldier?"


Chanyeol smile. His mother is busy help him wearing his tie.


"From now on.." His mother said as she pull thr tie. "You're our hero. Nation's hope for the peace. And a great soldier that will protect us."


Chanyeol smile. He take a look at his mother, and he hug her.


"Thank you, eomma. For supporting me a lot."


"Just wait, eomma. Soon, we will see the truth revealed one by one and i'll get back appa's pride."

 


Junmyeon and Taemin run into the ballroom. But the door is already closed. Junmyeon take a look at the bodyguard.


"Open the door. I'm Blue House Head Secretary."


"Aish. Where's noona?!" Taemin said as he ruffles his hair. Junmyeon just quiet as he busy looking for Ji-hyo. Just then, his eyes spotted something.


"Taemin."


Taemin turns his head. "Huh?"


Junmyeon blinked his eyes. He looks really nervous.


"She's there. At the second row from the stage."
 



Ji-hyo take a look at her watch. She start to bored as the event is not starting yet. Ji-hyo let out a sigh.

"I know this must be a really annoying event." Ji-hyo said as she gets up from her position, about to go.


"Let's just looking for a fresh air and-


Suddenly, everyone clap their hands in union. The sound of camera clicking can be heard everywhere. Ji-hyo turns her head.

But then, her eyes widen in shock.


"Park Chanyeol."


Chanyeol is there. Standing at the stage with his full army uniform. This is the first time Ji-hyo seeing this. Ji-hyo blinked her eyes in confused.


"What's this.."


Just then, the current General, General Shin is entering the stage. He's standing in front of Chanyeol.


Chanyeol's face turns into serious one. He give General Shin a salute.


"Report. Captain Park Chanyeol ready to serve for the country, in the name of nation."


General Shin nods. Then, he take off the daejang insignia from his uniform.

Ji-hyo just quiet. She take a seat again. She turns her head into the stage again.


"Strange. Feels like i've watched this before."


"I suddenly miss the moment on my coronation day." President Kim said as he cross his arms. Commander Yoon smile.


"Your daughter is around.. 15 at that time, right?"


President Kim nods. He smile.


"Yeah. She must be forget about that moment by now."
 


But President Kim wrong. Ji-hyo blinked her eyes. She's trembling.
 


"Is it a coronation day for him?"



"With this daejang insignia that i give to you.." General Shin  said as he put it on Chanyeol's uniform.
 


"I give to you the future of South Korea."
 


And with that, everyone at the ballroom give Chanyeol a standing applause in union. President Kim too. He look the happiest at this moment.

But the situation is really different for Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. Her body trembling as she's really angry now.


"No wonder you wanted to broke up with me and suddenly left. So this is what you want."


Taemin and Junmyeon can't do nothing. Both of them just quiet.


"I feel so sorry for her." Taemin said as he looks worried. Junmyeon sighs.
 


"I'm so sorry, Ji-hyo ah."
 

 


"Good morning, ladies and gentleman. Good morning for all of Korean Citizens."


Chanyeol take a look at around him. He looks really proud.


"I'm General Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you."


Chanyeol bows to everyone. After that, he straightened his position and start his speech.


"Almost 10 years i've give all my life for this country. And i've never felt this kind of spirit before. The spirit to protect our nation and the spirit to fight for the truth."


Ji-hyo just quiet. Her eyes start to teary.


"Everyone, this is the new light for our nation. I know justice is something we should fight for. So that's why.."


A memories flashing on Chanyeol's head. His father, his mother, and.. Ji-hyo. Everyone come into his mind.


Chanyeol clenched his fist.


"For everything that i've thrown away. Love, trust.. I need to fight for this. Appa. Just wait. I'll make sure he pay for everything."


Chanyeol turns his eyes. He looks really determined.


"I'll show you the truth and i'll make sure everything will be worked in the right place. Just wait."


Everyone clap their hands once again for Chanyeol. President Kim even give him a standing applause. Chanyeol smile. He turns his eyes.

But then, his eyes meet with an eyes that he need to avoid at this time. Chanyeol suddenly quiet. His eyes widen in shocked.


"Ji-hyo."


Ji-hyo just quiet as she's staring at Chanyeol. Both of them are looking at each other. In silence. In the middle of crowded and applause.


"You show your true face now, huh?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

finally i can update again!! Sorry for such a long time and enjoy the story!! ☺🙏😊😄😁