A Love Too Deep Brings A Sad Ending

My Unbelievable Princess

"Aish, hurry Lee Taemin!" Ji-hyo said as she tidy her dress. She open the door in a hurry.


But just then, she saw something unexpected in front of her eyes.
 


Junmyeon and Chanyeol is talking together, look closer than ever.
 


"Aish, noona! You said you didn't want to go but then you suddenly-
 


"What the f.."
 


"Omo. How rude are you, noona!" Taemin said as he still doesn't understand the situation. Just then, he turns his eyes.
 


"Hell."
 


"Y.. Yah.." Ji-hyo said as she nudge Taemin's elbow, panic.
 


"What if both of them dealing about something?! Or what if both of them actually having a fight?!"
 


Taemin shakes his head. Still confused about what happening.
 


"W.. W.. Well.. If they're fight each other.. I.. I don't know.."
 


"Another dumber is coming." Junmyeon said as he take a look at Taemin, who also looks shocked. Chanyeol laughs. He pats Junmyeon shoulder.
 


"I'm going now, hyung."
 


Junmyeon nods. He take a look at Chanyeol's back. Then, he sighs.
 


"Who knows that their love story will end in 2 days.."


 


"You're ready?" Chanyeol said as he walk towards Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo just quiet. She take a look at Chanyeol.


"Why he looks so fine?"


Ji-hyo just quiet. She blinked her eyes. Chanyeol raised his eyebrows.


"Er.. Why are you looking at me like that?"


Ji-hyo still quiet. She wondering what's happened between Chanyeol and Junmyeon when actually, nothing's happened.


"What if he actually get into fights?! What if they're actually doing something behind my back.. Like.. Bet?! Bet on me?!"
 


Chanyeol confused. He take a look at Taemin.
 


"Yah. Why she doesn't say anything?"
 


"Why.. Why you talk to.. Him?.."
 


Chanyeol turns his head. He chuckled. So that's what she wanted to say?
 


"Don't think about something stupid like fighting or stupid bet because none of them ever happened. Let's go."
 


With that, Chanyeol is the first one who enter the car. Leaving Ji-hyo and Taemin dumbfounded. Ji-hyo still doesn't realize it. But then..
 


"HOW CAN HE READ MY MIND LIKE THAT?!"
 


"YAH! PARK CHANYEOL!"


 


Chanyeol laughs. He unlock the door and soon, Ji-hyo take a seat right beside him. Right after she close the door, Ji-hyo flick Chanyeol's forehead.


"YAH! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WORRIED ABOUT YOU MIGHT GOT INTO A FIGHT WITH HIM?!"


Chanyeol laughs as he rub his forehead.


"Well.. If we got into a fight.. Isn't it clear who'll be the winner?"


Ji-hyo blinked her eyes. Well, she knows really well that Chanyeol will win for sure.


"Anyway, how can you talk to him when i even rarely talk to him?"


Chanyeol thinks for a while. "Hmm.. Because of works.. I think?"


"No.. Not because of works.. Ji-hyo.. Because i have to leave in 2 days.."


Chanyeol just quiet. He staring at Ji-hyo.


"Even if for works.." Ji-hyo said as she put her seatbelt, still nagging.

 

"You should talk to him carefully. What if he planned something unexpected.. Like.. He will sent you abroad to separate us?!"


With that words come out from Ji-hyo's mouth, Chanyeol suddenly cough in surprised. Ji-hyo turns her head, confused.


"Why? Why are you coughing?"


"Ah.. Uh.. N.. No.." Chanyeol said as he turns his head. He looks a little bit pale.


"Aish. Let's go. If you keep nagging, i'll make sure Junmyeon is the one who accompany you!"


Ji-hyo widen her eyes in shocked. Then, she smacked Chanyeol's head.


"PARK CHANYEOL!"


 


"Aigoo.. I won't be at the same car with them. I won't!" Taemin said as he shake his head. Minseok laughs. He cross his arms.


"You will miss this kind of moments, you know."


Taemin suddenly quiet. He sighs.


"You're right." Taemin said as he turns his eyes into Ji-hyo's car, that is leaving now. Taemin smile.


"I think i should pack my things now."


Minseok turns his head. "Why?"


Taemin chuckled. He lowering his head.


"Because probably, noona will going back to Paris.. Right?"


Minseok let out a sighs. He doesn't think about that.


"She might doing that." Minseok said as he take a look at the bright sky.
 


"I don't know. Somehow, i can't accept this reality."
 


Taemin nods. He also take a look at the sky.


"I hope both of them can create a good memories together.."

 



"Do you know what will you do there?" Chanyeol said as he turn on the radio. Ji-hyo shrugged.
 


"Smiling.. Eating.. Smiling.. And go home then?"



Chanyeol chuckled in disbelief. "How can you agree to do this when you don't have any clue what to do.."


"Even my mom doesn't know what to do everytime she come into an appointment." Ji-hyo said as she leans her head into the window. She take a look at the outside. The weather is really good today.


Chanyeol just quiet as he staring at her. His face looks really sad. He let out a sighs.


"You need to think this as your duty to serve the country. Your father is ruling the country and that's a hard task to do. Now, as a good daughter, you should do this. This is not only a mere social appointment, you will meet your citizens and learned their life."


Ji-hyo turns her head. She take a look at Chanyeol.


"Why you suddenly turns like a grandfather, huh?"


Chanyeol bit his lips. He thinks of something.
 


"What if.. What if i need to go back to army to serve the country?"
 


Just then, Ji-hyo's expressions turns into serious one. She blinked her eyes.


"What the? Aren't you fully retired from army?!"


Chanyeol take a glance at Ji-hyo. Then, he laughs.
 


"See? If i said this, you'll think about it."
 


Ji-hyo gasp in disbelief. Just then, she pinch Chanyeol's cheek.
 


"ARGH! HURT!"
 


"DON'T YOU DARE TO SAY THAT KIND OF STUFF ANYMORE!"



Chanyeol turns his head. He blinked his eyes.
 


"Why?"
 


"Don't leave me."
 


Chanyeol suddenly quiet. That words sure hit his heart so much.


She already said that. She said that. She doesn't want him to leave her. SHE SAID THAT.


And that makes Chanyeol turns his head again as he trying hard to focus to drive. His grip into the wheeling steer tightened.


"I won't."



 



Ji-hyo and Chanyeol finally arrived at Gangneung, where Ji-hyo will attending the grand opening of nursing home. Ji-hyo is busy re-touch her make up. Chanyeol take a look at her.


"You already did the make up right?"


"But i was sleeping during the journey. Shut up and prepare my bodyguards."


Chanyeol chuckled in disbelief. "Tsk. How can you're becoming so rude to your own boyfriend?"


Ji-hyo take a glance at him. Then, she smirks.


"Then.. Please make sure the condition is safety.. Chagiya?"


Chanyeol burst into laughs. He take a look at Ji-hyo.


"That's so cringy, stupid! Ready in 5 minutes, okay."


"Okay, captain!" Ji-hyo said as she take out her brush. Chanyeol smile. He walk out from the door.

Just then, his smile was gone. He take a glance at the car.


"Let's have fun.. Together. Let's create so many memories."


 


Ji-hyo finally appears in front of the citizens and all of them are really excited. Even the bodyguards, Chanyeol, Taemin, and Minseok are tired because of that. Ji-hyo is now cut the tie together with the owner of the nursing house and the mayor.



"Look at her.." Minseok said as he cross his arms.
 


"She looks normal now."
 


Chanyeol and Taemin laughs together as they agree with him. Just then, Taemin take a glance at Chanyeol.
 


"Well.. Captain.. As your request and President's request.. You can bring her anywhere you want. Your limit is until midnight."


Chanyeol smile. Then, he nods.


"Thank you, Taemin."


"You should make a good memories." Minseok said as he take a look at Chanyeol.


"So you won't regret anything."


Chanyeol just quiet. He turns his attention into Ji-hyo, who still having a good talks with the mayor.


"Yeah.. Even imagining her without me already makes me regret everything."

 



"Are you done?" Chanyeol said as he walk approaching Ji-hyo, who drinks a tea. Ji-hyo turns her head.


"Well.. I actually doesn't have any things to do again. Why?"


With that, a smile appears on Chanyeol's face. He laughs.
 


"Follow me."

 



"Hey.." Ji-hyo said as she walk out from the car. She still fixed her eyes into the scenery in front of her.


"Hm?" Chanyeol said as he looks satisfied. He nods slowly.


"The scenery looks exactly the same like what i've seen in TV!"
 


Ji-hyo turns her head, in disbelief.



"WHY DO YOU BRING ME TO A BEACH WHEN I ONLY WEAR A FORMAL DRESS AND 11 CM HIGH HEELS?!"
 


Chanyeol shrugged. "Well.. If you come to a beach.. You'll barefooted there.. Right?"
 


Ji-hyo looking at Chanyeol in disbelief. Chanyeol cocked his head.


"Why? Why?"


Ji-hyo rolled her eyes. Then, she sighs.


"Fine. Whatever."


Chanyeol smile happily. He take Ji-hyo's hand and interlocked their fingers.


"Shall we enjoy our good times together?"

 

 


Chanyeol and Ji-hyo take a walk slowly at the beach. Both of them take off their shoes and put it somewhere at the beach. Chanyeol take a look at Ji-hyo.


"This must be your first time ever walking around at the beach in Korea, right?"


"That's true." Ji-hyo said as she keep staring at the sea. Chanyeol smile.
 


"It'll be good if we always come to a place like this."
 


Ji-hyo turns her head. "Then, you should quit your job now and start working as a fisherman."


"Tsk." Chanyeol said in disbelief. "How can you treat your boyfriend like that?!"


"Since when i treat people better than this?"


Chanyeol chuckled. Then, he back hugged Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo shocked.


"YAH! WHAT IF ANYONE SEE US?!"


"I don't care." Chanyeol said as he lean his head into Ji-hyo's shoulder.


"Should we just marry now? So that people won't accusing us with anything bad?"


Ji-hyo laughs. She turns her body and take a look at Chanyeol.



"Seems like you have a deep thoughts."



Chanyeol just quiet. He Ji-hyo's hair.


"Every soldier always had this deep thoughts because their job full of risk."


Ji-hyo just quiet. Then, she hug Chanyeol.


"Let go of that.. And enjoy your life without any thoughts.. Okay? Just think about good things and happy days."
 


Chanyeol just quiet. He hug Ji-hyo tight.
 


"The deep thoughts i had now is about you.. About you that going to suffered a lot.. About you that going to be hurted because of me.. About you.. That'll be in tears soon.."


Chanyeol take a look at Ji-hyo. Just then, he takes out something from his pocket.
 


A ring.



Ji-hyo widen her eyes, a little bit shocked as she staring at Chanyeol who quietly put the ring into her ring finger.


"You can't lose this, okay?! This is a warn! I hardly pick this for you and even spent almost 5 hours at the store just because i don't know which one will suit you."


Ji-hyo blinked her eyes, doesn't know what to do. She just staring at Chanyeol.


"Aigoo.. So pretty." Chanyeol said as he staring at Ji-hyo's finger. The ring really suit her pretty finger.


"What's this?" Ji-hyo said as she take a look at Chanyeol. Chanyeol smile.


"Well.. For now.. The ring first. The proposal.. Maybe next time?"


Ji-hyo chuckled in disbelief. "What the. Who the hell is doing something like that?!"


Chanyeol shrugged. "I must be the only one that doing this.. Right? I'm a trendsetter."


"Trendsetter my ." Ji-hyo said as she staring at the ring.
 


Just then, she smile.



"Well.. I'll tolerate this because this is so pretty." Ji-hyo said as she cross her arms.


"But next time, if you do something weird, i'll never accept that!"


"Alright, captain!" Chanyeol said as he salute to her. Ji-hyo laughs. She take some sands and throw it to Chanyeol.


"Yah!" Chanyeol said as he surprised.


"I didn't bring any clothes with me!"


Ji-hyo laughs. She start to run.


"Well.. Me too. Catch me if you can, giant baby!"


Chanyeol chuckled in disbelief. He take a look at Ji-hyo.



"Yah! Wait there!"



And with that, both of them running happily together under the sunset. Just both of them, enjoying their good times that one of them know there won't be any good chance like this anymore.



Because one of them had to go. And the other one is going spend their time in sadness once the one will go.



And we know really well this will hurt both of them.


 



"My legs hurt." Ji-hyo said as Chanyeol piggyback her. Chanyeol take a glance at her.


"I know. That's why i do this." Chanyeol said as he staring at the sea. Ji-hyo lean her head into Chanyeol's back.
 


"I'm happy."



Chanyeol suddenly quiet. He take a glance at Ji-hyo.



"Why?"



Ji-hyo smile. She take a look at the sea.
 


"Because i'm with you."



Chanyeol just quiet. He is trying hard to hold his tears now.



"I'm happy just to spend my days with you, doing some childish things that i've never experienced before. I'm glad to found you."



Chanyeol's tears slowly fall from his eyes. Just to hear that makes his heart hurt even more.


"Hey." Ji-hyo said as she doesn't get any respond from him.


"Hm?" Chanyeol said, trying to sound as normal as possible.


"No." Ji-hyo said as she shakes her head.


"Do you hear what i said earlier?"


"No." Chanyeol responds shortly. Just then, Ji-hyo smack his back.


"ARGH! DO YOU HAVE TO SMACK ME LIKE THAT?!"


Ji-hyo glaring at him. "Tsk tsk. WHATEVER!"


Chanyeol just quiet. But then, he smirks.


"Well.. I heard that you like doing something childish with me. What about doing an adult things with me?"


Ji-hyo widen her eyes in shocked. She doesn't expect Chanyeol will responds like that.


"YAH! YOU MORON!"


 

 


Junmyeon entering President Kim's room. President Kim is busy reading a newspaper.


"Captain Park will stay there for 2 years." Junmyeon said as he standing in front of President Kim. President Kim nods.
 


"Good. That's enough for him to learn more."



Junmyeon nods. Then, he take a glance at President Kim.


"I know i shouldn't ask this. But.. Are you planning something for Ji-hyo?"


President Kim just quiet. Then, he put the newspaper into the table and take off his glasses.
 


"I'll let her do whatever she wants."
 


Junmyeon nods. Then, he bows.
 


"I'll go now, then. Enjoy your rest, sir."




 


"Which song do you want to hear the most?" Chanyeol ask as he turn on the radio. Ji-hyo thinks for a while.

"Hmm.." Ji-hyo said as she tap her finger into her chin.

"Do you know the song that Taemin keep singing all the time?"

"Hm?" Chanyeol said as he try to remember it. Then, he nods.


"Ah.. Baek Ji-young's song? Hate?"


"Ah.. Right!" Ji-hyo said as she snap her finger. Chanyeol nods.

"Alright then, if you want to hear that." Chanyeol said as he search the song. After he found it, he turn up the volume.


Ji-hyo smile happily. She clap her hands in excitement.


"Motdwaetda eojjeom ireoke apeun sangcheoman namgigo tteonani.."
(You’re so bad – how could you leave after only giving me painful scars?)


Right after Chanyeol hear the lyrics, he turns his head into Ji-hyo, that seems clueless and just singing following the song.

Looking at Ji-hyo, who's singing this song right in front of him, telling him he's so bad to leaving her with a painful scars sure hit his heart so bad.

But of course, the girl beside him doesn't know anything and only think this like any song she always listening.


"Doraseoneun neol meonghani japji motago.."
(I blankly stare at you, who is turning away, not being able to catch you)


Chanyeol just quiet. He doesn't know what to do.


"Saranghaetdeon jinan chueogi seuchyeo jinaganda..~" (The past memories of when we used to love are passing by and going) Ji-hyo sing the song, full of emotions, following Baek Ji-young's voice.


"Yaah.. You should be trained to be a singer.." Chanyeol said as he take a look at Ji-hyo. Ji-hyo laughs.


"Should i?" Ji-hyo said as a wide smile appears on her face. Chanyeol smile.


"I'm going to miss my favorite smile."


"Heureuneun nunmuri neol bureunda.." (The flowing tears are calling out to you) Ji-hyo continue to sing as she move her head slowly following the melody. Chanyeol take a glance at her.

"Sojunghaetdeon gieokdeuri jeo haneure beonjinda~" (The precious memories are spreading across the sky) Chanyeol suddenly sing that part. Ji-hyo laughs. Then, she take a look at him.

"Sirta niga eomneun na, sirta naega eomneun neo~" (I hate it, a me without you) Ji-hyo sing as she points her finger to Chanyeol. Chanyeol take a look at her.


"Ji-hyo.." Chanyeol said in his mind, as he staring at her. Ji-hyo doesn't notice that as she keep singing happily.


"From now on, you should learn how to start your day without yelling at someone.."


Chanyeol just quiet. Ji-hyo is staring at the outside happily.


"You should learn how to appreciate someone's effort. Learn how to cut the meat slowly, learn that Taemin is also a guy, he can't that easily enter your room. What will people think of you if you keep letting him enter your room easily? Sometimes, he think it's not appropriate and he felt burdened by that."



"What else.." Chanyeol said as he lean his back into the chair. He thinks for a while.


Just then, Chanyeol snap his finger. He nods. He start to write the letter again.


"Ji-hyo ya. Sometimes, it's not easy to understand someone. Your father.. Eventough he always make you suffer and act like he doesn't care.. But actually.. He thinks a lot about you. He keep asking me if you already have your lunch or not, if the car is comfortable enough for you.. If your clothes is good enough for you.. He keep asking about your feeling.. Are you happy? Or not? Are you sad? Or broken?"


Chanyeol just quiet. Then, he write again.


"Stop watching the cartoon. Start watching something like.. News? Or documentary? I know you hate these stuff, but if you're at some appointment.. These stuff actually help you a lot because it can connect you with many people. And also, always lock the balcon. You know you're still the part of President's family, and your safety is number one!"


Chanyeol laughs lightly. He thinks for a while.


"Ji-hyo.. For the first time in my life.. I finally fall for someone. Fall for that person's strong mind.. That person's smart brain.. And that person's smile. You know who's that person, right? If you clueless, read the first words."


"Aish.. Cheesy.." Chanyeol said as he shakes his head.


"Start to talk with Junmyeon again. He said to me he's perfectly fine now. BUT REMEMBER, DON'T CROSS THE LINE."


Chanyeol let out a sighs.
 


"But i trust you, you won't do anything stupid."



Chanyeol stares at the letter. It's almost full until the bottom. Chanyeol start to write again.



"Ji-hyo.. Now.. I know.. That a love too deep.."
 


Chanyeol just quiet. He turns his eyes into the photo frame in front of him.


It'a a photobooth of him and Ji-hyo at the amusement park.


Chanyeol smile bitterly. He takes the photo frame and staring at Ji-hyo.



"Brings a sad ending."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Imagining Jihyo without Chanyeol.. *sighs* anyway this is the longest chapter i've ever wrote so enjoy!