Ways of the New Household(II)

THE CURSED BRIDE

*Double update*

 

It has been 3 months into their marriage and Yerin has gained a family, a real one. She has got a great elder brother in Baekhyun, an amazing elder sister in her Inhee unnie, best friend and assistant in Mandu. Other servants love and respect her as well. Except for butler Min and Miko. They do not like her contributions or opinions in the household. The head butler is not so expressive but the woman cannot help but frown and groan.

The new Lady Park proves out to be a strong-willed young woman who has her own personality. None of them actually expected it. They had thought her to be timid and submissive given her past background. They expected her to be just thankful for such a luxurious life. 

Yerin is different. There is no doubt that she is grateful and happy to be here. She will always remember her old memories and humility. But she also knows her present status and how to conduct accordingly.  

Though she has no regular interactions with Uncle Kim and Kyungsoo, they have also noticed her thoughtful and calm mannerism. The older man has not made any remarks yet but the younger man is quite taken by her. He keeps trying to catch her attention. Yerin is aware of his interest. She is polite with him but keeps him at bay.

Last but not the least, Chanyeol. He is nothing less than a blessing for her. She got so much more than she ever expected so she will give her best to protect them.

 

 

 

"I...I...RIN! Come here!" Chanyeol's voice makes her look up from the book. She enters his playroom and sits beside him.

Chanyeol has allowed her in his playroom after they became friends. The room is full of toys and no less than a heaven to a child. Even Yerin is excited to see so many toys for the first time in her life. But something else has stunned her.

She notices different tools like spatulas, knives, etc. Paint brushes, buckets, wax and furnace. She sees many small wax dolls. Some are completes, some are not. But all of them look very real!

She gaps at them and exclaims,"Is this your workshop?! Do you make them?!"

Chanyeol nods excitedly," Yes. I make all of these!"

He begins to teach her the names of  the things and also demonstrates how he works on them. Yerin is mesmerised with his artistry and gets to know about his new side.

 

 

 

She is looking closely at Chanyeol's handiwork,"Wow Yeol! You are so talented. I wish I could do something like that."

He giggles," Oh no! No-no-no! My omma was extraordinary! You should have seen her dolls." His tone becomes sad.

There is one major common thing between Yerin and Chanyeol. They both have lost their halmonis and parents, albeit due to different circumstances.

She softly pats his head, "You must really miss her very much."

He shakes his head, "I was a toddler when she died. Just saw her in pictures and videos...and her diary. She was so beautiful!"

Their conversation is interrupted by someone knocking their bedroom door. They look at each other and leave the playroom. Yerin opens it to find Kyungsoo standing with some files and a laptop.

"Good evening, Yerin. Is Chanyeol inside? I had some important work."

Yerin snorts inaudibly, "Where else would he be? Is he allowed to be out? Please come in." 

Kyungsoo's smile vanishes and he follows her inside.

"Hello,Yeol! How was your day?"

"It was awesome!" Chanyeol cheers.

"That's really nice! Oye, Yeol! I need your help with the shares and new project." He opens the device and Chanyeol begins to read the files.

Yes. There are always things about her husband and this family that never fail to astound her to the core.

 

 

 

After two weeks of her arrival, she is helping Chanyeol to gather all his toys when Kyungoo appears with a file. 

He clears his voice,"I hope I'm not disturbing."

Yerin looks up at him,"Oh, no,no! We are just keeping things in place. Please do come in."

He enters and hands the file to Chanyeol,"These are the papers of the land deal. Check if the cost is fine."

It takes quite some time for Yerin to understand the scene infront of her. She watches in a panicked daze (if that is even an expression) how Chanyeol, in his usual childlike demeanor checks the papers and explains the deal with ease. Kyungsoo nods, takes his signature and leaves. He takes a glance at Yerin who is too shocked to notice him leaving.

"Chanyeol. H-how you did that?" Yerin speaks with difficulty.

Chanyeol shrugs,"I don't know!! I just can." He is at his regular self.

 

She shares the incident with Inhee who has come to visit them after few days.

"I just don't get it. How?! I mean he is like a five year old yet he has such intellectual side to him?!" Yerin sighs.

"Yerin. I know you find this weird. Even I felt the same at first. Then I got to know that even though the trauma caused his conscious mind to be like a small child's, his intelligence never got any hindrance. You must have known by now how diligent he is. The doctor said, as much as I've heard, that the part of his brain which controls the academic and other skills was not affected by the accident. Did you know he has an IQ of 190?! His issues are rather mental. Not physical."

Yerin, being herself, checksthis information in Chanyeol's tablet the very day and finds that his condition is actually psychiatric or something psychological. His brain is healed and working.

 

 

 

She sees them complete the work and it has taken almost 2 hours. Kyungsoo leaves their room saying good night and does not fail to peek at Yerin. She gladly avoids him.

"So? How is work?" She asks Chanyeol once he lies in bed later that night.

"Oh nice! I think we'll get the deal!" His squeal never lacks his excitement or innocence.

Yerin shakes her head, " That's great! Now, let's pray and hope for the best." She smiles as Chanyeol does his nightly routine of praying.

"Goodnight Chanyeol." She plants a kiss on his forehead.

"Goodnighhh..." He mumbles and drifts away.

 After an hour or so, there is a slight knock on the door revealing Mandu.

"Lady. Do you need anything?" There is almost never any work for her.

"Ummm...actually, yes." Yerin glances at Chanyeol.

"Reallyyy? How may I help you?" Her eagerness is evident.

"Mandu, close the door and come sit here." She gestures at the chairs.

She follows the instructions and said,"Yes?!"

Yerin sits infront of her and breathes out,"Tell me all you know more about the Park household."