Uncertainty

THE CURSED BRIDE

It has been three days since baby Byun Baek Hee is born and four days of her father being missing. She was born on the very day of their anniversary around 2 p.m. On any other situation Yerin would have been delighted to have such a the most important events of her life on the same day but...

The company and offices are informed and they have been looking for him everywhere. The factories are alerted The police forces are searching but yet no progress.

Yerin has to be strong. For Inhee, who has been looking at the phone million times a day and eagerly waiting by the door. Her tears are heart-breaking and it is having a troll on her sensitive body and mind. She and Ms. Nelly are trying their best to console her but they are running out of words. She knows, she knows very well that her unnie is trying her best to be in control for the baby ut how much a woman can be when her husband is missing for days and she was alone the time when she needed him the most...

Yerin had asked Inhee to stay at the mansion with them after they were discharged but she was uncomfortable and also said that Baekhyun was not here so if he came home and did not find them.... 

So they went home and Ms. Nelly was attending to them as she had promised Baekhyun she would be there as long as he was away. Though they do not stay at the mansion Yerin goes to their home for long hours everyday.

She also takes Chanyeol along with her. It is good to see him coming outside his comfort zone for his family. He seems to be smitten by his niece and also very worried about his hyung and noona.

The car enters the main gate and stops in front of the main door. The Parks walks into the mansion and Mando comes to greet them.

"Good evening, Young master and Lady! How are Inhee unnie and Baby Baekhee?"

Yerin sighs," The baby is fine but Unnie..." She shakes her head.

Mando walks with them to their bedroom. "I am so worried for them. How I am praying so much that Mr.Baekhyun will return soon, safe and sound..."

Yerin nods. Chanyeol sadly enters the bathroom.

"Lady, will you and Master like something to eat or drink?"

Yerin looks at the watch. It is 9.30 in the night. They have been away for the whole day. 

"No, Mando. We'd our dinner there and are pretty full. It's really late. Get some rest, hmmm...? Good night..."

Mando bows and leave the room.

After their nightly routines, the couple lays on the bed. After some time Chanyeol touches her shoulder. She opens her eyes to see him close. She smiles a little and turns to him. They are lying facing each other now.

 "What is it? Are you having trouble sleeping?" she whispers softly.

He shakes his head," I miss hyung very much...where is he? Why is he not here with us and noona and baby? Doesn't he miss us? Doesn't he love us, them?"

She sighs sadly, she has been doing that a lot past these few days.

"No Yeol! He loves us as well as Them. We are his family. He must be somewhere...stuck..."

"Then why is he not here?! No one can find him!! I've heard everyone is looking for him!! This happen always with me!! AT first, my omma, then appa and mama, then halmoni died and now Hyung is lost!! Then you..." He sobs.

Yerin runs her hand on his head adoringly." Oh you silly man! There is nothing wrong with Oppa! He must be busy or something and cannot contact. Pray for his safety and also that he comes back soonest..."

Chanyeol nods like a good boy and quickly prays as said byYerin.

"Irin...I'll never leave you and our baby. I promise!! I saw noona cry so much and BaekHee has not seen her appa yet. This is so wrong!! I don't want you to hurt like that! I don't want our baby to miss me like that! Never ever!!"

The determination in his voice is as it should be for a guy of his actual age. He moves closer and hugs her tightly. She hugs back and smiles. They drift to slumber in that position.

Yerin's eyes flutter open. She looks down at her husband who has his arms around her, deep in sleep. She smiles and plants a kiss on his cheek. She quietly gets out of his tight hold and walks towards the bathroom.

She sits on the chair near their balcony and thinks aboout Chanyeol's words.

Exactly what could have happened that makes a regular and happy young man like her oppa missing...? Where he has a growing family at home with whom he has contacted the previous day? He has even finished his work so fast just to be with them...?

Her trail of thoughts gets disturbed with a sound at the main gate. She looks at the clock which reveals the time to be 2.20 in the morning. She peeks out from the balcony to see a man in the dark waiting outside the gate. She makes sure her presence is not known. 

Her first reaction is panic as she thinks it is some thief and is about to call someone when she watches someone ,slowly without making any sound, walking at the gate.

She wonders where the security guards are. She can clearly see that the person slowly opens the gate to let him in.

Both the men hug like old friends and they walk inside with the same quietness. Yerin is yet to see both faces due to dark and distance. She still tried very hard to look closely and then she succeeds when the two men come under the night-light...

The very familiar dirty and loud orange head, the vile posture of walking... How can she forget?! But seeing him after 1 year at this God-awful time at her own house shakes her to the core!! She needs to sit down...

"Chulsoo?!..."