The First Meeting

THE CURSED BRIDE

The car stops jerking Yerin up from her nap. She rubs her eye slightly to see they have arrived and the main gate is opening for the car to enter. The newcomers, except for Yerin, are gasping and gawking. She even hears Mina, nagging to JiSu in a hushed voice that why they got her married to some lowly accountant a year back. If she were a spinster then she could have been in her place.

Would Mina be too old for the proposal? How old is Park Chanyeol?

JiSu looks at her daughter and says that she should love her fate. Yerin notices that the men have heard her clearly but they do not say anything, except Kyungsoo is shaking his head with a half smile and her uncle looks awkward. And Uncle Kim is expressionless as he had been all the time.

The door of the car opens and a hand is extended towards her. Yerin looks up to see Kyungsoo is standing with a dazzling smile on his face. She proceeds to get out by herself which is not so difficult as for dress is not very heavy. 

"Thank you but it's alright." Her dry answer makes Kyungsoo retreat his hand and turn it into a fist.     

They find some people in uniform standing in the entrance of the mansion. Uncle Kim makes a gesture.

A woman in her late thirties bows and says,"Welcome Lady Park. I'm Miko, the head house-keeper of the Park Residence and I congratulate you on your holy nuptials."

Miko? She must be from Japan.

A man, also in his late thirties, bows,"Hello, My lady. Congratulations. I'm the head-butler Min."

One by one all of them introduce themselves and congratulate her. Her family is awstruck and gaps.

Kyungsoo clears his voice,"Miko. Please the guests to the guestrooms and take Yerin to their room. We shall meet in a couple of hours for the brunch. Till then please make yourselves comfortable and don't hesitate to ask for anything. Please excuse us." With that the two men leave the place.

JiSu and Mina are jumping with excitement which dampens when EunSook reminds them of something in a hushed tone. They are being escorted to the guestrooms and they leave without even turning their heads for a fraction of second at Yerin. As if she was never there.

She is used to such things but the group of unknown people are not. She looks at them and sees that they are uncomfortable and pitying her.

She forms a small smile and bows,"Hello. My name is Kang Yerin. It's really nice to meet you all. I hope we will be good to one another and you will guide me properly about the rules and regulations. Thank you." She feel satisfied that her words have been received with a positive outlook, from their facial expressions.

Miko moves forward, "Lady. Shall we proceed to your bedroom?"

Yerin nods. A young servant offers to take her bag but is refused by the head-butler. He takes it from her hand and sends a threatening glare at the boy who cowers in fear and leaves. The group is dispersed to prepare the food.

They walk to her room which is located at the farthest end on the mansion. There is a very gloomy and chilling sensation throughout the corridor. The whole mansion has a dreadful aura even in broad daylight. It is huge and very old. Probably ancestral. The decor reminds her of the filthy rich people's house she had once seen on t.v. at a friend's house. They stop in front of huge doors. They let her in.

Yerin guesses that even though the outer look, the hallways and other parts are still luxuriously antique, the bedrooms are designed according to their personal choices.

It's nice and cozy. Yerin relaxes which she did not expect. It is the place where she has to spend rest of her life. She will try to.The most unusual thing about these things is that the reason for which, or better to say for whom she is introduced to such drastic changes, has not been mentioned even once all these hours. She is yet to meet him.

The sound of opening the door startles her and she turns to find it closed. She frowns and feel a presence on her right. She slowly looks at her side to find another door, beside the bathroom, is open and a person is standing there.

The man is very tall with short hair but not as much as Kyungsoo's. He has a pretty complexion. A baby-faced man, who looks even more younger due to his pororo t-shirt, shorts and big ears. He is wearing square glasses and holding a doll and a toy car in his hands.

He blinks as if trying to remember something and scratches his head. His face brightens with recognition and takes long and excited steps towards her. Just like a child would if it sees someting amazing.

He stops close to her, starts clapping his hands and laughs, "Are u...are u...Irin? Irin...my bride?"